Gourmet Foods International Employee Review

View all Gourmet Foods International reviews

Unorganized and unsafe
Selector (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 6, 2019
Starting pay here is good if your have some experience, but their cost of insurance is outrages for what you get. This was definitely the most unorganized place I have ever worked at. There is no hiring process or orientation or even training. Work safety is a huge concern because they have people driving power equipment with no training. I even watched as they would have guys stand on each others forks on a reach truck and go up to the top rack to get product with no harness or anything. WHERE IS OSHA???!!!!!

The process in which they ship is weird. You pick your product in somewhat organized slots then bring it up to a line then pick it again. You have to memorize the box or box labels otherwise it takes forever. I understand it is expensive cheese, but you are doubling down on labor costs and frustration. They turn picking 7,000 cases with 10 guys, to my standard no more than a 5 hour job, into a 11 hour struggle. Of course it would help if everything was ready to pick when you first come in. Instead they have you mess around with making boxes for a hour and half and then they let you start your actual job.

There is defiantly some favoritism going on manager wise. The same people get away with the same stuff everyday and everyday get the easy jobs. The one guy would sit on his phone for an hour after the initially group meeting everyday then disappear going to the "bathroom" 10 times in a 5 hour shift. Give me a break.
I cannot believe they have been around for 50 years because the way this place is run it Is more like 50 days.
Pros
Starting pay
Cons
Feeling I was going to get run over/ see someone plummet from 4 stories at any second, not knowing anything because there is no communication

Other Gourmet Foods International Employee Reviews

Fantastic
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJuly 31, 2019
Great place to work! Could not be happier to be working here. I have no complaints. Very small location I work out of, everyone is very helpful and friendly. Managers are fantastic.
Great food and beverage culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Colton, CAJuly 17, 2019
GFI is a great company and I learned an incredible amount of knowledge about gourmet foods and beverages. Coming from a traditional consumer package goods background at Nestle GFI was a refreshing change in my appreciation of good food and beverages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gourmet Foods International. Our community is ready to answer.