gpac
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

gpac Employee Reviews

United States81 reviews

earnsuccesspotentialsuccessfulsucceedtoolcultureflexibility

Incredible culture with supportive upper management

I have worked in multiple different industries, healthcare being one and I have never experienced a culture like gpac. Every employee is so down to earth, always willing to help, and uplifting each other. The recruiters that trust the process and put in the work, are extremely successful. The culture is unlike any other I have been a part of before. From executives to training to new recruiters, everyone is always upbeat, positive, and supportive. GPAC ensures their clients are treated with integrity, respect, and transparency. 110% recommend working for GPAC.

Terrible recruiters

They schedule interviews and then never call or follow up. These days, anyone can be a recruiter...it seems and I am not really sure how qualified the management team is. I wouldn't recommend them for jobseekers or for companies looking for recruiting firms.

gpac insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Trust in colleagues

Amazing Company Culture with Unlimited Earning Potential!

In over 40 years in the work force, I have never worked for an organization that invests as much time and energy in the success of their employees. Every member of the management team, from the COO to your immediate supervisor, provides continued support and encouragement on a daily basis. In addition, they have created a culture of team work that is unparalleled in any industry I've ever worked in. My colleagues are continuously there to give new ideas and a fresh perspective on how you can be successful in your role. The technology we have access to, and the training we receive on how to maximize those resources, is nothing short of incredible. Executive recruitment is not for everyone...the passion, the drive, the commitment, the time management skills, and the sheer desire for individual success does not exist in everyone, and that's okay. However, if you truly want to see yourself build your own future, both professionally and financially, this is absolutely the opportunity of a lifetime.

Pros

Company culture of succes, training, technology, management support, team work, ability to work remotely from anywhere in the country

Cons

If you have a poor work ethic, or expect things to come easy, this is not the place for you.

Work for Free

Pay is not livable, commission is unattainable. I knew I was taking a risk when I accepted this position, but it ended up being a detrimental mistake that caused financial strain on my family. I used all of the tools and training that was provided to me and had no luck making a single placement. The “draw” on commission structure essentially means you work for free. They will promise you the moon and stars, if you just “stick it out”, “wait 6-12 months”, and “be patient”. The reason they have such high turnover is not because most people have “lack of mental toughness” like they will claim..it’s because it is a BAD job. There is zero financial investment from the company in its employees. They treat you as though you are completely replaceable, because you are. If you are working for the purpose of earning money, I would look elsewhere..

This company provides a great culture with lots of positive energy and a plethora of resources to touch base with when needed. Overall it's an empowering and eye opening opportunity working for them.

Pros

Upbeat culture & supportive

Cons

high self motivation needed

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

It is a great place for Sales minded people, if you are used to chasing sales and they have un-capped income this is the place for you. Be sure to prepare for a learning process and a rollercoaster of emotions. I personally can't function is high stress and worry about the draw I enjoy a simple atmosphere.

Pros

Un-capped income and remote

Cons

stress to close deals and get out of the draw from the gates.

Laptop Lifestyle

Management is supportive. Training is excellent. Culture is one of support and success. I love talking to people and helping them improve their situations.

Love Love Love it here!

I have only been with gpac for 6 weeks but I love it so far. My team is supportive, my coach takes time to reach out to me if I'm feeling lost. It is hard work, there is a lot to learn and gpac does monitor our productivity. We are monitored so our weaknesses can be worked on, so that gpac can determine that we are learning and progressing. There is formula to follow that has been successful.

Pros

work from home, abundant resources, excellent benefits

Cons

its hard work

The Negatives Out Way The Positives

I came into gpac, thinking this would be the place to jumpstart my Marketing and English career. Boy, was I wrong! The skills they teach you are very good and this might be a job for you if this is your first job! However, once you discover that your payment is based on a draw commission and you have to work your but off just to get out of it, you'll never wish you applied to this shady job. You are paid bi-monthly and my first paycheck was only $70.00 after all the expenses for equipment. Then my second paycheck was only $480 something. I worked hard for two weeks to only end up with so little. The only way to increase your pay is to earn placements, which most of the coaches even tell you won't happen until about your 4th month in. Don't work here if you are expecting fair pay. I came here mainly for the experience, but am glad to take them off of my resume.

Pros

Work From Home

Cons

Unfair starting pay, No flexibility

Great Company, Great Culture, Great Training

Very in depth training process, and excellent culture, positive people all around. These are must need ingredients for a role in which is commission based. You have all the tools to succeed here.

Pros

Training, Benefits

Cons

Being patient, it will be a grind

Work Hard and Play Hard

I have been with gpac for almost three (3) months and I absolutely love it! Working at gpac means that you will be successful if you follow every step of the clearly mapped out process. Anyone can be successful at gpac if they keep grinding, stay focused, consistent, and humble.

Amazing compensation and flexibility

This is by far the most incredible job I have every done in my many years of employment. I have made more money here than I have ever imagined possible. In addition to that , the flexibility is incredible. My management is completely fine if I need to take time during the day for whatever reason. Obviously flexibility is earned and you always need to meet numbers and produce. But honestly with the tools they offer at GPAC, and the goals they set are ABSOLUTELY obtainable. If you’re looking for fully remote, and the potential to make six figures Gpac could be the place for you.

Pros

Flexibility, compensation, supportive team

Cons

No cons

Avoid avoid avoid

If you work here, you will watch all of your efforts go to the company. You receive little pay that you PAY BACK with your commission. The commission you earn should be more for your efforts. The micromanaging is nothing I have ever experienced or heard of before. Every move you make is closely watched. They advertise a 'flexible' work life however watch to see when you are logged on or not. They watch how many calls you have made a day. ETC. The teams are greedy due and argue constantly over candidates and locations. It was the most miserable job I have ever had.

Horrible management. Lying to companies and candidates and leaving out vital information on purpose. Managers pick favorites.

Management was awful. I heard good things in during the interview process about how management cares and that was obviously a lie. Compensation was not at all what they said during my interview, especially during training. They fed partial truths about pay. Very clique type environment where managers have favorites and choose to help. Only good thing about this job was the work life balance being remote. They also make there recruiters/search consultants feed lies to companies and candidates. Just to receive a placement. DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS COMPANY!! They are not what they say they are. Avoid at all costs if possible.

Pros

work life balance

Cons

Everything else

There's nothing like grinding and seeing your efforts pay off

I've been with gpac now for over a year, and I'm still amazed by how tightly knit everyone is within the teams and the company as a whole. We've grown immensely over the last few years, and even through the pandemic when things were uncertain in the world. With the constant training and resources available, everyone has the opportunity to succeed. The demands of your own success require a willingness and dedication that may seem like a challenge to some. But at gpac, the support and encouragement are unmatched, and if you want to do well, they are behind you all the way.

Pros

Strong support & culture, flexibility, remote, passionate leadership

Cons

An always "on" atmosphere, but it pays to be all in

Earning Potentail

Opportunity to earn six figures is unlimited. Great team culture and support. Comprehensive training. Tools provided are exceptional. Ongoing training also available

Pros

team culture

A growing company

gpac has been in the recruitment business for a while now, but over the last 2 years has expanded more than ever. With that come some growing pains but overall you can feel how much is put into getting everyone to reach their professional goals.

Your effort is key

This company is so interesting in its approach to culture. All the hype, encouragement, and support is unlike any other in the business. I started as a recruiter and made my first placement just after 6 months. But it wouldn't have been possible without the amazing training program and the commitment leadership has in seeing everyone succeed. The company has a bank of industry knowledge and the team environment helps distribute all of the advice and guidance needed to really take advantage of the opportunity to run your own desk. After moving to the marketing team within gpac, I've honestly found a greater purpose in getting our messaging and voice out into the world so that everyone can witness just how much gpac cares about growing people and companies.

Pros

Great company culture, Stacked benefits, Top notch training, Abundance of support

The GPAC Team is quite supportive and will help you achieve your goals

Being a recruiter is more than just a 9-5 kind of job. It is much like starting your own business. However, instead of doing it alone, you have the 30 + years of GPAC experience behind you. Being successful means having to put the work in and understand that there are ups and downs. But putting in the work will get you success. It really is a work hard play hard atmosphere with stellar people who are at the top of their game.

Great Opportunity for Success

Things can be tough to start with gpac, but if you follow the process and put your time in the rewards can be great. The coaching and help you receive to be successful are by far the best I have ever had in a job.

Pros

Unlimited earning potential

Cons

The first few months can be pretty lean.

Iron Fist

The income opportunity at GPAC is hard to match and I enjoy the work. However, there is not a lot of flexibility when it comes to managing your own activities. Not everyone desires earning a six figure income. Some are content at earning half that amount and that should be an acceptable standard.The problem is there is a double standard at play. We're told, "Treat it like its your own business." If it's my own business, then I call my own shots. Instead of it being my own business though, I'm on a W2 so they can still control my actions.If an employee is making money for their employer and it can be done with five to ten phone calls per day, then so be it. A one size fits all approach is a bad approach that breeds fear if an employee unwilling to conform to the number of calls demanded. There are rumors of people getting fired due to lack of activity. No prior conversation or warning that it's coming. That's not a positive or safe environment to work in with the constant thought that any day could be your last. If you're willing to meet the activity demands, then it's a great place to work.

Pros

Income Potential

Cons

Constant fear of getting fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at gpac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare gpac with

• gpac
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?