gpac
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

Working at gpac: 32 Reviews

United States32 reviews

Fun place to work

Great team support and atmosphere . Everyone was very supportive . You have to grind it out in the beginning but it’s worth it Pro: supportive team Con: pay

Training for this company is not effective for the role

Sub par at best they act like your gonna make 100k plus but out of 600 maybe 60 people are making that that have been there 2 plus years if you need a paycheck that is a decent wage look else where…. Don’t waist your time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Horrible pay training is a fire hose every one

gpac insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Do not recommend working here.

At first this seems like a good opportunity, but once you're in you're in the door, it goes downhill. This job gave me great experience as a recruiter, but the communication between upper management and myself was lacking. This is also a pay against commission/ draw role, and once you get behind, as I did due to a death in my family, it is hard to get back on your feet financially.

With the right manager this could be a good place to work. Unfortunately almost cult like down in Sioux Falls.

Coach what very narcissistic . Garbage leadership. Talked more about his big house and new floors then coach. Bad language on the phone very unprofessional. No class at all. Possibly with a good coach you can be successful.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

If you aren't from Sioux falls you won't make it.

Training and support are here. If you put in the activity you can make any amount of salary you desire.

Fast-paced environment. You are responsible for finding your candidate's companies and when you do you are rewarded handsomely. You also can collaborate with the other 400+ search consultants on their job orders.

Pros

If you are making goals you can work as much or little as you would like.

Cons

Life is recruiting.

Hard work will pay off but long hours.

Difficult job starting out. Will have to stick it out for a year to be successful. Training involves a lot of new information that’s basically impossible to apply. If you’re a people person and entrepreneur and can stay in a job where you will struggle financially for atleast 6 months to a year this is for you.

Pros

Decent training

Cons

Hard work no breaks. Cold call list is inaccurate.

Energizing

Starting from the very first interview I felt like I was wanted. They put a lot of their own time, resources, and money into you becoming successful as a recruiter or whatever role you are applying for.

Pros

Fast paced

Cons

Your success depends on who's team you are on, and what industry you recruit

gpac is fun place to work. I have never met anyone in person, but we have a great culture on my team. I cannot say anything for other teams, but I have heard great things as well. In all honesty, this is a great place to work, if you can survive the brutal first few months.Only downside is that you are really limited by the amount of money you can make based off of the industry you are in, and the coach you have. gpac has no problem having sacrificial lambs to explore recruiting in new industries... but if you do well, they will pay you a TON of money the way the commission structure is set up.I got lucky, found my niche, and make good money and have almost unlimited flexibility.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Lots of pressure to work at night and on weekends

Produxtive and fun work environment

I absolutely love working for GPAC. They have an amazing team of people who work together, communicate well, and have a positive attitude to keep each other motivated.

Pros

Competitive pay, excellent culture, amazing compensation opportunities, ability to excel quickly

Cons

None I can think of

The compensation package is set up to reward success, integrity is important.

The compensation package is set up to reward success. The integrity of the company is important to me, which is why after much research on what I wanted as a different step in my career, I chose gpac. I have been there about 3 months. My extensive HR experience is probably hampering me a bit compared to those who come in without the preconceptions my experience brings.Most of their workforce has become remote. I think gpac has successfully figured out how to maintain the communication, share knowledge and encourage the enthusiasm and camaraderie that most on-site companies wish they could achieve. A strong and responsive IT department and commitment from leadership has helped make this possible. Their training for new recruiters is thorough, but it takes a while before the whole picture comes together. Their training and support for new coaches seemed a bit weak, but that is improving significantly also.

Pros

Their compensation model is set up to reward success, not an easy job but better compensation than most placement firm, great support/training for new recruiters, communication & enthusiasm encouraged.

Cons

Breaking into new industries is an extra challenge, can easily take more than half a year to gain traction in your role.

Good place to work but very difficult to find time away from work

There are many great people at gpac, you will feel included and important no matter where you are in the company. It’s really easy to drag behind and get back up to par when you have a tough month or quarter. Getting placements is attainable, but it is more work than you think. If you are hungry, a self starter and are in a good mental state of mind, show up and do the work (easier said than done in a work from home environment) you will make good money.

Pros

Good people, good culture, no pto limits, basically unlimited vacations… if you can make it work and can make placements

Cons

Money is tough and if you are behind on the draw, pressure can be tough.

Great opportunity if you work like a dog

This was a great opportunity but it is extremely hard when the targets keep changing on a monthly basis. They need to focus internally and hone some deeper skills than try to spread as fast and far as possible with only surface level employees.

Pros

Ability to seriously make 500k

Cons

Cold Calls and no work/life balance unless over 100k

Great place to work -hard but rewarding

100% commission- with a draw- but don’t work here if you only want 36 K a year. Not a job, a career- you determine your success. They give the tools it is up to you to use them

Pros

Unlimited growth

Cons

Hard work

Best job I ever had.

Best job I ever had. I am not going to lie. First year is TOUGH. if you can make it through - by humbling yourself and not trying to reinvent the wheel - and applying yourself - you can make more money than you have ever made and as a bonus you are helping people and companies grow. Yep- it's hard. Yes, sometimes coaches micromanage. Yes, you will cry some days because of the pressure. But if you like an adreniline laced thrill ride that pays at the end, you will not regret it.

Pros

High earning potential, flexibility (after year 1) ability to help people

Cons

Current culture (past culture was awesome 2020 killed it)

Not for everyone but definitely for me!

This job can be hard. You have to give it six months to a year to really hone in on your skills. You can have success right away but then there might be a lull. You work as a team or have the autonomy to work alone. Again, it's not for everyone but if you work hard and follow the process, it's fool-proof! The flexibility and work/life balance comes after putting in hard work. If you're someone that wants to work hard and reap the financial benefits, this is the place for you.

Company is thriving

Excelent company with many opportunities to grow and develop professionally and personally with a lot of ways of improving the workflow. There are great success stories in the company.

Pros

Remote

Cons

High paced

Challenges have coaches to back you up!

The best piece is that when we have a question, a struggle, or a success the coaches and the teams are there!! It's a great place to see and achieve what YOU want! There is no limit!

A company that works towards every Recruiters success!

Great Company and leaders, Directors, coaches, team orientated, income potential with benefits, bonuses, remote or office (work - life balance), amazing culture, positive work environment, growing company, and one of the best training programs in the country. You have to be dedicated and give it a full year to become a skilled Recruiter here!

Pros

Dedicated company to employees success, growth in company, phenomenal training program!

You have to work here!!

You're basically running your own business and getting what you put into it. There's unlimited earning potential. I've never been a part of a company where everyone truly just wants you to succeed. That's what you get here, like a second family.

Excellent Remote Income opportunity

The Opportunity to work from home and generate income is fabulous!GPAC provides training, equipment, support, and comraderie.Recruiting can be daunting, up and down and really hard work. Just when you think you can't do any more, you turn the corner and make a placement. Cha Ching! This is not a company of hand holding managers and it's not for those that give up easily. GPAC provides the tools and asks each recruiter to develop an annual goal. Then they hold you to it.They expect each recruiter to ask for help when needed. The company supports us every step of the way.If you want to make money just follow the GPAC prescription for success - GPAC is the place!

Pros

Unlimited income potential

Cons

It's recruiting so it's not for everyone but I love it!

Tools to succeed

We spend our time talking to strangers, trying to find companies with a hiring need, then find matching candidates to connect the dots. The tools we have to work with are excellent resources and provide the means necessary to find what we are looking for.

Pros

Extraordinary tools

Cons

nothing negative comes to mind

Ask a question about working or interviewing at gpac. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare gpac with

• gpac
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?