GPM Investments, LLC Employee Reviews

Managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 1, 2018
Managnent was not fair and let some employees do what they want with me i did more then my share..customers knew to much cuz managment let them know what was going on
Pros
Managment
Cons
People thst came on
Productive Work Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 29, 2018
Customers can be challenging and very rude abusive
It takes a special person for that kind of Job but if you can make it there you can make it anywhere
Cons
No Breaks
horrible place to worl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2018
turn over rate is through the roof high, poor training and very low wages. Morale of employees is nonexistent, benefits are very expensive, worst decision was accepting management job there.
Pros
loved all my customers, but felt the manager dropped the ball
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 9, 2018
felt that the manger dropped the ball...she took every weekend off, couldnt call her if a situation should arise, being her store. left alone alot to run store...
Pros
customers
Cons
15 min lunch, which ended up being at the register.
Great company
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSSeptember 9, 2018
This is a fast paced company willing to help anyone that is looking for a house no matter there situation the owner is one of the best guys around couldn’t ask for a better boss.
Terrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 9, 2018
This company does not care about its employees point blank period, the dms dont know what they are doing. With the hours they require you to work to get your salary you are barely making more than your assistant. They require way too much work for any average person. They need to stop purchasing gas stations and put more money into fixing up the stores they already have.
Pros
Cons
Poor upper management, measley pay, poor training, no opportunity for advancement
Productive. A lot of turnover, so there is always room for promotion.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VASeptember 5, 2018
With GPM I started as a cashier and within a year I was a store manager running my own store. Now I work for the corporate side of the company making more money and making my own schedule. A lot of room for advancement with this company.
DONT! Work for thyis company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Multiple times I was offered mileage pay for traveling to other stores and I never received a dime of it, I wasted my gas and put extra wear and tear on it as well. They gave out gift cards sometime which was decent but it was one that you could only use at the gas stations or other facilities that were a part of the company. In hindsight they wanted you to spend it there so they didn't loose any money. I see they are advertising a 500$ sign on bonus that no one will get! They are a con altogether and very unprofessional as a business. The work they require out of you is not by and means worth the pay!!! don't fall for this companys lies.
Pros
no pros
Cons
lots
A locally owned convenience store chain thats growing rapidly
Employee (Current Employee) –  Virginia Bch, VAAugust 26, 2018
GPM Investments is a locally owned convenience store chain that is constantly growing by leaps and bounds. The company focus is on growing the business but has begun to drop the ball on the people that actually work for them. Their words say one thing but their actions say something different. This company like any other company has it perks and its downfalls. What I like about this company is the fact that they don't base your promotional levels on how long you've been with the company; its based on your work performance. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customer base and trying to please upper management when all they can see is what you don't do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility if the store is fully staffed
Pros
Quick advancement
Cons
Low wages
Stay Away!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 23, 2018
As a store manager you get to see exactly how mismanaged this company really is. They constantly berate and beat down hard-working employees seeking the next profit. They believe employees are replaceable, but forget that TALENT IS NOT. You are forced to slave work over 50 hours a week for a minuscule salary and benefits, while upper management makes demands.
Pros
None.
Fast paced work place, can be stressful
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Aylett, VAAugust 15, 2018
Fast paced energetic work place, set shifts with the availability for over time, can be stressful due to merchandise and customer needs. Shifts may overlap or the possibility of leaving early
Pros
Overtime availability
Cons
Short breaks, work load
Gas station.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norton, VAAugust 13, 2018
Love working here. Steady business fun stand alot pay is decent .... Management and growth opportunities are available

Nice job. Customer relations
Great management
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 12, 2018
This company had great management who were understanding and willing to help when it's needed. They offered appropriate training and encouragement. This was a fast-paced environment and the ability to work under stressful situations was important. As we work around hundreds of different customers a day we were required to effectively problem solve in case an issue arises.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
All or Nothing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2018
Be ready to either sacrifice everything in your life for this company while questioning none of their actions or be ready to be sacrificed because you are 100% replaceable.
Pros
free fountain and coffee so get ready to become a diabetic
Cons
no job security, ignored by superiors, 100% replaceable
They dont care
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 10, 2018
They dont care about you or your family. They would rather push you around instead of helping you they just think money n not how to better the place. They make you work in a hot store and pass out from it and you get introuble if you go to the restroom or leave your register. I will never work for them again.
Frustrating
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNAugust 6, 2018
Promised raises but have yet to see one. There’s clearly favoritism amongst managers. I would jus recommend working something other than this. My tolerance for this job is running thin.
Pros
Customers, stable hours
Cons
No real breaks
Just a Job not a Career
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 25, 2018
Let me start by saying I took this job originally to work third (11 PM - 7 AM). I had been without work for six months so I accepted the overnight position, because it was better then not working at all. After six months the ASM spot opened up. Having recently been in an accident I jumped on the position to make new higher insurance and vehicle payments. Now this is where I started to get screwed over, the store manager at the time thought it would be a fantastic idea to have me continue to work thirds and then do the money/ management training after I have already worked 8+ hours as well as training another employee needless to say we had a heated discussion after that. Some time passes after I get all the management techniques down things do get easier and you do get faster. The problem then comes of keeping the store stocked and staffed which is the year and a half I have been there we have been though at the very least 30 employees in a small store. But now ive come to realize 10.15 isn't worth the constant headache of dealing with employees, rude customers, and keeping everything running including picking up after other employees or finishing duties that someone else started with no intention of finishing. As well as dealing with the Drama of everyone talking behind everyone else's back. As the title states it is just a job, not a career. I have also been offered the Store Manager position multiple times but declined because they force you to work 50+ hours weekly but only pay you for 40 every week. Even with a fully staffed store that is unacceptable in my book  more... and I do not recommend anyone try and move up in the company because they will just hire in new people to be managers instead of promoting a trained employee ninety-five percent of the time.  less
Pros
lackluster benefits
Cons
rude customers, in-competent upper management and office workers
No breaks
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  King William, VAJuly 20, 2018
They do not pay loyalty employees the pay they deserve. There are very nice and great people that work for the company. Employees should revive more of a paise for their hard work
Pros
Work with you working certain hours
Cons
No breaks
Fasmart
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 2, 2018
When I started this job, there were 2 cashiers. The managers came and went, seemingly as they pleased. This is the first company I've worked where only one person would be working for hours at a time. One cashier, no managers. Managers would take an hour-long lunch while cashiers very seldom could find time to take a 15-minute break and these shifts were a minimum of 8-10 hours, due to the company's unwillingness to hire enough employees for substantial customer service and general upkeep.
RUN...ZERO work/home life balance
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 26, 2018
I had three occasions at the end of my employment that I as a District Manager personally worked 24+ hour shifts. That 24+hrs not stop in a store. Not one single member of upper level management cared about their staff.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Poor work/home balance, poor upper management, disconnect between upper management and staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GPM Investments, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight