GPM Investments, LLC Employee Reviews

Bad place to work.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 20, 2019
There's not enough characters to tell how bad this place was to work at. Had to work 22 hours straight one day. Four weeks six days one day off. Not good enough when you got family to raise your kids. And not to mention when you had vacation day you couldn't take it. Managers said they had your back when you were there assistant not true at all I had to work another store from 3pm to 12am try to call manager 4hr in advance to say I'm to tires to come in 5am the next day. The manager did not like me at all cause of my color. Ran one store by myself one week worked five days wined up haven 65 hours that week only called out twice that whole year. They expect way too much out of assistant managers and there associates. One employee at one store was sick she couldn't go home cause the upper management didn't want to cover there shift. My old manager told me point blank when she was gone I was in charged so if somebody called out I couldn't bother her I had to stay regardless that I've been there since 5am. Bad place don't work with this company ever ever ever ever. You'll dig yourself in a hole that you won't be able to get out of unless you just stop answering your phone calls from them that's how I ended up quitting.
Pros
Cons
Sucked out loud
This is an awful company that doesn't care about their employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 4, 2018
I was employed by a fasmart in Virginia, and it was an absolutely terrible experience. Every shift works alone with no regard for how busy it gets, there's never enough time to complete your duties as you're the only one manning the register, low quality employees that weren't qualified for the job (or any job for that matter) were hired regularly, anything I say about the management would be an understatement as it is catastrophically bad, there was little room for advancement, the pay wasn't great, etc etc. I could write an entire thesis about how horrid this company is. If you like having any and all complaints fall on deaf ears, being treated like a robot, and being stressed to the point of panic attacks on busy days, then fasmart is the place for you. If you like maintaining your sanity, being treated like a human, and expect a reasonable workplace, then avoid fasmart like a leper with the flue.
Pros
Literally none
Cons
Long hours, disgusting mismanagement, extremely busy days, no advancement opportunity, heavy expectations from employees.
Terrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 9, 2018
This company does not care about its employees point blank period, the dms dont know what they are doing. With the hours they require you to work to get your salary you are barely making more than your assistant. They require way too much work for any average person. They need to stop purchasing gas stations and put more money into fixing up the stores they already have.
Pros
Cons
Poor upper management, measley pay, poor training, no opportunity for advancement
Fast paced high turnover. Many job tasks daily.
Region Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 17, 2019
Overall great place to work. High pressure at times. Fast growth so many acquisitions and system changes. Higher turnover company with retail gas. Offered great bonus plans for all employees. Very supportive of employees and offering great incentive programs.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Benefits stress
An Unhealthy, Mismanaged Company
Manager for Dunkin Donuts Franchise (Former Employee) –  Erwin, TNDecember 21, 2018
If you believe you are a slow-witted criminal and should be treated like one then this is the company for you! The mismanagement and overall unpreparedness of the senior managers was appalling. The prevailing attitude was that people were cattle with no rights and should be shown no kindness or freedom. I found the managers short sighted and nasty. I was training to be a manger and I had no intention of becoming of their mindset.

If the culture wasn't off-putting enough, they offered some of the worst healthcare, the worst IRA, no paid days off even accruing for the first 6 months, and, if do the math, the pay was abysmal.

I left as quickly as I could. Being uncertain and penniless with a soul was preferable to the living hellscape they offered.
Pros
Cons
low pay, minimum 52 hr work week, no gratitude, no vacation, no soul left
Gpm doesnt care about you. You might get lucky with a good manager but that's it.
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 30, 2018
Gpm doesn't give raises how they say. They don't pay you what was offered for a promotion. One regional manager is sexist. They don't fix any major problems when needed just quick temporary fixes
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No breaks, haven't had a raise in over a year.
Not a place I would recommend
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  KentuckyNovember 12, 2018
The only saving grace for the store that I worked for was the manager and my go workers. They we're the best manager I ever had, even until this day. The rest of the job was easy, but it was horrid. The pay was terrible. A very weak raise for working there for more than a year. There was no breaks, you wernt allowed to clock out for lunch. When you would go to rest your feet and one of the higher ups would just happen to walk in you would get in trouble. Most of the customers (not all as there was a few good ones) we're rude and treated you like you we're beneath them.
Pros
The manager, coworkers
Cons
Low pay, no breaks, no lunch, no discounts, terrible customers, ect
Do not work here!
Office (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 18, 2018
One of the worst companies ever. I worked in the corporate office and the treatment of employees is horrible. They care nothing about Store Personnel. They expect everything from you. Absolutely no work life balance. Upper Management is so out of touch. And the COO is a tyrant. Everyone is always living of fear of am I next??

Way to many hours! The company kept acquiring more stores and did not want to add staff. Just wanted current employee's to work more and more. There was no use ever reporting anything to HR. That department is a joke.

I could go on and on but just beware.
Pros
Cons
Hours, treatment, upper management, good old boys school!
Just a Job not a Career
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 25, 2018
Let me start by saying I took this job originally to work third (11 PM - 7 AM). I had been without work for six months so I accepted the overnight position, because it was better then not working at all. After six months the ASM spot opened up. Having recently been in an accident I jumped on the position to make new higher insurance and vehicle payments. Now this is where I started to get screwed over, the store manager at the time thought it would be a fantastic idea to have me continue to work thirds and then do the money/ management training after I have already worked 8+ hours as well as training another employee needless to say we had a heated discussion after that. Some time passes after I get all the management techniques down things do get easier and you do get faster. The problem then comes of keeping the store stocked and staffed which is the year and a half I have been there we have been though at the very least 30 employees in a small store. But now ive come to realize 10.15 isn't worth the constant headache of dealing with employees, rude customers, and keeping everything running including picking up after other employees or finishing duties that someone else started with no intention of finishing. As well as dealing with the Drama of everyone talking behind everyone else's back. As the title states it is just a job, not a career. I have also been offered the Store Manager position multiple times but declined because they force you to work 50+ hours weekly but only pay you for 40 every week. Even with a fully staffed store that is unacceptable in my book  more... and I do not recommend anyone try and move up in the company because they will just hire in new people to be managers instead of promoting a trained employee ninety-five percent of the time.  less
Pros
lackluster benefits
Cons
rude customers, in-competent upper management and office workers
horrible place to worl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2018
turn over rate is through the roof high, poor training and very low wages. Morale of employees is nonexistent, benefits are very expensive, worst decision was accepting management job there.
Pros
Easy work with great benefits
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Customer volume differs depending on the location, high turn over rate from people who don't want to do the work, great benefits after 90 days, going over 40 hours is no big deal, holiday pay is time and a half, super chill management
Pros
Free fountain drinks, no one over your shoulder, creative freedom
Cons
No coworkers, gets lonely, no real breaks
A locally owned convenience store chain thats growing rapidly
Employee (Current Employee) –  Virginia Bch, VAAugust 26, 2018
GPM Investments is a locally owned convenience store chain that is constantly growing by leaps and bounds. The company focus is on growing the business but has begun to drop the ball on the people that actually work for them. Their words say one thing but their actions say something different. This company like any other company has it perks and its downfalls. What I like about this company is the fact that they don't base your promotional levels on how long you've been with the company; its based on your work performance. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the customer base and trying to please upper management when all they can see is what you don't do. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexibility if the store is fully staffed
Pros
Quick advancement
Cons
Low wages
Stay Away!!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 23, 2018
As a store manager you get to see exactly how mismanaged this company really is. They constantly berate and beat down hard-working employees seeking the next profit. They believe employees are replaceable, but forget that TALENT IS NOT. You are forced to slave work over 50 hours a week for a minuscule salary and benefits, while upper management makes demands.
Pros
None.
Great management
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 12, 2018
This company had great management who were understanding and willing to help when it's needed. They offered appropriate training and encouragement. This was a fast-paced environment and the ability to work under stressful situations was important. As we work around hundreds of different customers a day we were required to effectively problem solve in case an issue arises.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Frustrating
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNAugust 6, 2018
Promised raises but have yet to see one. There’s clearly favoritism amongst managers. I would jus recommend working something other than this. My tolerance for this job is running thin.
Pros
Customers, stable hours
Cons
No real breaks
Fun work enviroment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wise, VAFebruary 15, 2019
Great place to work ., friendly co workers, supervisors are awesome, demenstraights good team work, the public is wonderful to work with, there is always room for improvement,
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Sometimes very long hours
Horrible work place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Castlewood, VAJanuary 30, 2019
They don't care about employees only about making money. As a manger you average 50+ hours and your on salary so when it figure it up your only making 3 to 7 dollars an HR
Pros
Nothing is free you have to pay for everything you eat or drink
Cons
No cons nothing good about this company
Stressful depressing
Store Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Glenwood, IAJanuary 14, 2019
They cut back hourly wage personnel hours and then try to make all the people on salary cover the rest over their mandatory 52 hours to cut cost. They don’t seem to care about their employees very much in my experience
Pros
1 free fountain drink a day
Cons
No breaks, bad health insurance
Great customers!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 4, 2019
The most important thing to this company is bottom dollar. They expect the managers to work 80 + hours a week while only getting paid for 52. If sales are down they expect all regular employees hours cut, & management make up the difference. In the 2 years that this company has owned the stores in our area, there have been probably 6 - 7 mangers start & quit, plus it's like a revolving door for employees. Once a month they say that they are coming to visit stires, so everyone goes crazy making sure everything looks good, & then they don't show up. They won't work with any local companies. They will send a company from 1 1/2 hours away to work on a freezer instead of finding someone local.
Pros
Free soda or coffee while working
Cons
No breaks of you end up working longer hours. Schedule can change after its been posted.
NO work life balance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 27, 2018
This company really needs to stop running its people into the ground and learn to appreciate and reward their efforts. There's NO work life balance. The pay for what's required is abysmal. The people who run these stores should be appreciated for being the front line for profitability and customer service. Sadly, everyone is expendable here and the company uses people while giving them barely anything to survive on and keep them motivated to work.
Pros
Good staff, good customers. It's what you make of it.
Cons
Deplorable training for what's required. Constantly adding more work to an insane, and I repeat INSANE, workload.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GPM Investments, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight