GPM Investments, LLC Employee Reviews

Gpm doesnt care about you. You might get lucky with a good manager but that's it.
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 30, 2018
Gpm doesn't give raises how they say. They don't pay you what was offered for a promotion. One regional manager is sexist. They don't fix any major problems when needed just quick temporary fixes
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No breaks, haven't had a raise in over a year.
NO work life balance
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 27, 2018
This company really needs to stop running its people into the ground and learn to appreciate and reward their efforts. There's NO work life balance. The pay for what's required is abysmal. The people who run these stores should be appreciated for being the front line for profitability and customer service. Sadly, everyone is expendable here and the company uses people while giving them barely anything to survive on and keep them motivated to work.
Pros
Good staff, good customers. It's what you make of it.
Cons
Deplorable training for what's required. Constantly adding more work to an insane, and I repeat INSANE, workload.
Fast paced fun place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marengo, ILNovember 26, 2018
I loved all my coworkers and "regular" customers. I am definitely a people person and got along with everyone. It was definitely a fun place to work!!
Do not work here!
Office (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 18, 2018
One of the worst companies ever. I worked in the corporate office and the treatment of employees is horrible. They care nothing about Store Personnel. They expect everything from you. Absolutely no work life balance. Upper Management is so out of touch. And the COO is a tyrant. Everyone is always living of fear of am I next??

Way to many hours! The company kept acquiring more stores and did not want to add staff. Just wanted current employee's to work more and more. There was no use ever reporting anything to HR. That department is a joke.

I could go on and on but just beware.
Pros
Cons
Hours, treatment, upper management, good old boys school!
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Sterling, KYNovember 9, 2018
I had it as a second job and they worked very well with my first job to make sure I could get my hours. The management was very good at making sure that my needs were taken care of
This is an awful company that doesn't care about their employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 4, 2018
I was employed by a fasmart in Virginia, and it was an absolutely terrible experience. Every shift works alone with no regard for how busy it gets, there's never enough time to complete your duties as you're the only one manning the register, low quality employees that weren't qualified for the job (or any job for that matter) were hired regularly, anything I say about the management would be an understatement as it is catastrophically bad, there was little room for advancement, the pay wasn't great, etc etc. I could write an entire thesis about how horrid this company is. If you like having any and all complaints fall on deaf ears, being treated like a robot, and being stressed to the point of panic attacks on busy days, then fasmart is the place for you. If you like maintaining your sanity, being treated like a human, and expect a reasonable workplace, then avoid fasmart like a leper with the flue.
Pros
Literally none
Cons
Long hours, disgusting mismanagement, extremely busy days, no advancement opportunity, heavy expectations from employees.
Worst company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MONovember 1, 2018
The company lies to the employees and managment team. They are 2 faced and they expect the managers to live at the store 24/7. The managers are paid at a salary per week of 52 hours but end up working 90 hours or more.
Pros
Cons
No life
Dont work here
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  QuincyOctober 27, 2018
You get overworked. Most the time your alone in the store. Was supposed to get full time but they ended up giving hiring a different person full time.
Pros
Free soda on shift
Cons
No breaks.
Fast paced and stressful at times
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 12, 2018
I have been at my store for over 5 years and have seen many employees come and go. Many that leave are due to the employee quiting or no call no shows. When that happens expect not to have a day off for a long time or have the fun of being at the store for a double shift (18 hours). I used to enjoy working for GMP but due to low hourly rates for standard employees we have a hard time finding reliable long term employees (fast food seems to pay better). To mush is expected from store managers and we are penalized if we are unable to meet nearly impossible standards of sales.
Pros
Paid Vacaton time after 1 year
Cons
No breaks, No life outside the work place, Corporate (anyone above the DM)
Great crew = great day
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaOctober 10, 2018
I have been with the company for almost 5 years, full active enthusiastic crew = a great day . But pay is low scale so finding good people with family to support is a nil , getting kids that have no work ethic so overtime and time away from spouse and kids is frustrating ... Pay is Not enough, hours are long, no compassion, I love my manager and customers ( only reason I am sticking around)
Pros
If you have a good team, great day
Cons
Undetermined hours, unapprecited, no breaks, feel like a soldier
Managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 1, 2018
Managnent was not fair and let some employees do what they want with me i did more then my share..customers knew to much cuz managment let them know what was going on
Pros
Managment
Cons
People thst came on
Productive Work Environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 29, 2018
Customers can be challenging and very rude abusive
It takes a special person for that kind of Job but if you can make it there you can make it anywhere
Cons
No Breaks
horrible place to worl
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2018
turn over rate is through the roof high, poor training and very low wages. Morale of employees is nonexistent, benefits are very expensive, worst decision was accepting management job there.
meh
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Muncie, INSeptember 21, 2018
The hours are ok, and if you are lucky enough to get into a store that is staffed correctly, the job is not stresfull. I enjoyed working for GPM and I enjoyed my daily interactions with my customers.
Easy work with great benefits
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNSeptember 13, 2018
Customer volume differs depending on the location, high turn over rate from people who don't want to do the work, great benefits after 90 days, going over 40 hours is no big deal, holiday pay is time and a half, super chill management
Pros
Free fountain drinks, no one over your shoulder, creative freedom
Cons
No coworkers, gets lonely, no real breaks
loved all my customers, but felt the manager dropped the ball
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VASeptember 9, 2018
felt that the manger dropped the ball...she took every weekend off, couldnt call her if a situation should arise, being her store. left alone alot to run store...
Pros
customers
Cons
15 min lunch, which ended up being at the register.
Great company
Real Estate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSSeptember 9, 2018
This is a fast paced company willing to help anyone that is looking for a house no matter there situation the owner is one of the best guys around couldn’t ask for a better boss.
Terrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 9, 2018
This company does not care about its employees point blank period, the dms dont know what they are doing. With the hours they require you to work to get your salary you are barely making more than your assistant. They require way too much work for any average person. They need to stop purchasing gas stations and put more money into fixing up the stores they already have.
Pros
Cons
Poor upper management, measley pay, poor training, no opportunity for advancement
Productive. A lot of turnover, so there is always room for promotion.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VASeptember 5, 2018
With GPM I started as a cashier and within a year I was a store manager running my own store. Now I work for the corporate side of the company making more money and making my own schedule. A lot of room for advancement with this company.
DONT! Work for thyis company.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Multiple times I was offered mileage pay for traveling to other stores and I never received a dime of it, I wasted my gas and put extra wear and tear on it as well. They gave out gift cards sometime which was decent but it was one that you could only use at the gas stations or other facilities that were a part of the company. In hindsight they wanted you to spend it there so they didn't loose any money. I see they are advertising a 500$ sign on bonus that no one will get! They are a con altogether and very unprofessional as a business. The work they require out of you is not by and means worth the pay!!! don't fall for this companys lies.
Pros
no pros
Cons
lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GPM Investments, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight