GPM Investments, LLC Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Gas station.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Norton, VAAugust 13, 2018
Love working here. Steady business fun stand alot pay is decent .... Management and growth opportunities are available

Nice job. Customer relations
Great management
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 12, 2018
This company had great management who were understanding and willing to help when it's needed. They offered appropriate training and encouragement. This was a fast-paced environment and the ability to work under stressful situations was important. As we work around hundreds of different customers a day we were required to effectively problem solve in case an issue arises.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
All or Nothing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 12, 2018
Be ready to either sacrifice everything in your life for this company while questioning none of their actions or be ready to be sacrificed because you are 100% replaceable.
Pros
free fountain and coffee so get ready to become a diabetic
Cons
no job security, ignored by superiors, 100% replaceable
They dont care
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIAugust 10, 2018
They dont care about you or your family. They would rather push you around instead of helping you they just think money n not how to better the place. They make you work in a hot store and pass out from it and you get introuble if you go to the restroom or leave your register. I will never work for them again.
Frustrating
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Piney Flats, TNAugust 6, 2018
Promised raises but have yet to see one. There’s clearly favoritism amongst managers. I would jus recommend working something other than this. My tolerance for this job is running thin.
Pros
Customers, stable hours
Cons
No real breaks
Just a Job not a Career
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 25, 2018
Let me start by saying I took this job originally to work third (11 PM - 7 AM). I had been without work for six months so I accepted the overnight position, because it was better then not working at all. After six months the ASM spot opened up. Having recently been in an accident I jumped on the position to make new higher insurance and vehicle payments. Now this is where I started to get screwed over, the store manager at the time thought it would be a fantastic idea to have me continue to work thirds and then do the money/ management training after I have already worked 8+ hours as well as training another employee needless to say we had a heated discussion after that. Some time passes after I get all the management techniques down things do get easier and you do get faster. The problem then comes of keeping the store stocked and staffed which is the year and a half I have been there we have been though at the very least 30 employees in a small store. But now ive come to realize 10.15 isn't worth the constant headache of dealing with employees, rude customers, and keeping everything running including picking up after other employees or finishing duties that someone else started with no intention of finishing. As well as dealing with the Drama of everyone talking behind everyone else's back. As the title states it is just a job, not a career. I have also been offered the Store Manager position multiple times but declined because they force you to work 50+ hours weekly but only pay you for 40 every week. Even with a fully staffed store that is unacceptable in my book  more... and I do not recommend anyone try and move up in the company because they will just hire in new people to be managers instead of promoting a trained employee ninety-five percent of the time.  less
Pros
lackluster benefits
Cons
rude customers, in-competent upper management and office workers
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  King William, VAJuly 20, 2018
They do not pay loyalty employees the pay they deserve. There are very nice and great people that work for the company. Employees should revive more of a paise for their hard work
Pros
Work with you working certain hours
Cons
No breaks
Fasmart
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJuly 2, 2018
When I started this job, there were 2 cashiers. The managers came and went, seemingly as they pleased. This is the first company I've worked where only one person would be working for hours at a time. One cashier, no managers. Managers would take an hour-long lunch while cashiers very seldom could find time to take a 15-minute break and these shifts were a minimum of 8-10 hours, due to the company's unwillingness to hire enough employees for substantial customer service and general upkeep.
RUN...ZERO work/home life balance
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 26, 2018
I had three occasions at the end of my employment that I as a District Manager personally worked 24+ hour shifts. That 24+hrs not stop in a store. Not one single member of upper level management cared about their staff.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, Poor work/home balance, poor upper management, disconnect between upper management and staff
Very Fast Paced Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roxboro, NCJune 25, 2018
I learned a great deal from this employer, including daily sales recording and management communication with senior management. I also learned a great deal about ordering and receiving merchandise for the retailer and employee management.
Pros
Advancement and growth
Cons
High turn over
Rapidly growing company in the convenience store business. New opportunities developing everyday
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 14, 2018
Worked in the Richmond office which is a very relaxed office environment. With the rapid growth of the company you need to have the ability to adapt to change very well. Had the opportunity to sharpen up a variety of skills in a new role created with the growth of the company. Management is very accessible with an open door policy. Overall, a good experience.
meh
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marne, MIMay 23, 2018
I didnt reallly like the job at all and the management was terrible and no one listened when they were told black mold was in the store and i find that to be silly
Loved my time there for the most part
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Crewe, VAMay 7, 2018
Loved it 95% of the time. Could use more hours in the budget to efficiently run the store so one doesn't do the job of 3. They need to have 0 tolerance for no call, no shows and slow, lazy employees.
Pros
Customers, fellow employees
Cons
No breaks
long hours, low pay, no advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 4, 2018
only advance if you kiss butt, low pay, long hours, company doesn't take care of employees - probably the reason why they are always short handed not a nice place to work
Worst yet
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gate City, VAMay 3, 2018
the manager was great but the company not protecting a worker when he is threatened by another employee at work is grounds for a lawsuit. but I don't have the money for a lawyer since I was only making roughly 200$ a week. and they promoted a girl who was only working 2 weeks to team leader then to assistant manager
Pros
a job
Cons
no safety they don't work with you and they don't care if you die your replaceable
They change hands so much you never know who to answer to. You always loose vacation DM doesnt even know daily job descriptions
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILApril 30, 2018
Always loose vacation cause nobody approves the time you have. Its never a good time, Some managers work 24 hours a day with no break in between District managers says she'll pray for ya. You have to have other stores help you get time off, Some of us haven't had but 3 days off since January. Check stub says you only work 40 hours at a certain rate but we are salary and have to work 52 minimum. I know over half of us pull 60 to 70 a week with n days off.
Excellent
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Spotsylvania, VAApril 23, 2018
This was a good experience and I learned a lot about the expectations of the workplace. Hopefully they liked the work I did and will possibly rehire me in the future.
Run away
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2018
Terrible upper management.
They do not care about their people.
This company does not provide work/life balance no matter what level you are at.
Do not work for this company!
Stressful
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  NCApril 17, 2018
It's very stressful, the end. You work long hours back to back, they hardly give you any days off, and your lucky to even get some off. It's really stressful
Do not work here.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 8, 2018
District manager is awful. If there was ever a problem you were told to suck it up or get out. My first store manager was amazing and efficient. The woman they brought in to replace her was TERRIBLE!!! I was an assistant manager but more like a glorified cashier.
Pros
Awesome customers.
Cons
Upper managers are terrible

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GPM Investments, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight