Grace Baptist Church Employee Reviews

Grace Baptist Church is a loving Christian community. I recommend friends to volunteer at this warm family style church.
Senior Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, CTDecember 12, 2018
1. Prepared teaching materials, led small groups, visiting
2. Served people in a kind and biblical way
3. The church culture is warm and welcoming.
4. To alter people's course or change their attitude sometimes is difficult.
5. The happiest moment is to see people change or grow in spiritual health. And to cowork with a devoted team.
facility cleaner
Facility Organizer (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYNovember 28, 2018
I worked part time as the grounds/housekeeper. I would clean all areas the interior and exterior of building property. I would order and fill supplies as needed. I would set up and break down for any scheduled events.
Pros
Flexable hours
Great
Associate (Former Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 15, 2018
Great organization, well run, does a lot of good for the community and surrounding areas. I would highly recommend this Church to anyone looking for a great place to worship.
Pros
Great
Volunteer position
Adult Ministries Co-Director (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 17, 2018
I was a member of Grace Baptist, not on paid staff. This is a great church with a heart for the community. The pastors love the community and show it in their commitments.
Assistant to Facilities Manager/Custodial Supervisor
Assistant to Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 18, 2018
I loved my job and the people I worked with! Typical work day would start, check e-mails, return calls, check schedule, assist with room set up/break down, walk building and check to make sure cleaning was done, check for any maintenance issues and pass on to the crew. assist with any maintenance issues, talk to reps, inventory cleaning supplies and order when needed, fill out any paper work and file if needed, clean any areas if needed, supervise a crew of people, make sure department is running smoothly, and attend staff meetings if it falls on that day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Poor manangement
Nice PLace
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 2, 2018
very nice people, and easy to handle jobs. I worked here during the time when I was a senior in High School it was very easy and fun to meet new people.
I loved this place and would have stayed for ever
Minister of Music and Education (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJuly 29, 2018
Great place, loved the job, good people. They were very supportive and like family to this day. We moved because the church couldn’t afford to pay enough to support my growing family.
Pros
Good loveing place. Great people
Cons
Wasn’t able to pay us enough
Work at your own pace kind of job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 12, 2018
The schedule worked out that when you finished your job for the day you were able to leave. There were a set number of tasks that were needed for the week and once you accomplished those you were able to leave.
Very Blessed To Have This Work
Commercial Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJune 24, 2018
I have been very blessed to have been asked to assist in commercial cleaning, providing meals for the homeless and organizing many diverse groups that use our Social Hall in scheduling and making the rooms ready for whatever the need. We now have both AA and NA group meetings 4x per week as well as other Family meetings to bring parents and children back together in a healthy manner they have learned through the groups and counselors that use our property for family reunification. We also have all the voting polls at our Church for every voting form from state, city and federal voting setups as Grace Church is a legal voting polling place. We have assisted in a variety of community betterment programs and groups through the people that meet and work here.
Pros
I have met many intelligent, humble, servants of our community and assisted them all.
Cons
Not enough hours to work full-time.
Loving Church family
Ministry Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 9, 2018
Great place to work. God loving people. Very flexible with office hours. Understanding when you need to adjust your hours for personal reasons. Wish I were still in the area so I could still work there.
Pros
Flexible, understanding, compassionate
Cons
Can be stressful when bulk mailers are given on a short notice
All-around great workplace.
Paid helper (Former Employee) –  Evans, GAJune 2, 2018
I mostly just a hired hand to help the Owner of Grace Services and the church janitor. It was not a typical job, and cannot provide enough to live off of given uncertain hours. However, it was practically perfect for what I needed if for, as I was still in high school at the time and was looking for some extra work to do over the summer.
Frustrating to Many
Facilities Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 26, 2018
Many people I know have gotten frustrated working here. It has a tendency to be hard to deal with coworkers, and there is a fair amount of talking behind each others back. Favoritism is definitely apparent here.
Its a volunteer job
Church Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Hesston, KSMarch 20, 2018
I do this job to help my church keep up to date on all business matters. I have learned to use Quickbooks through this job. I record and keep the books and accounts up to date.
Very Productive
Music Teacher (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 7, 2018
A typical day at work was teaching fundamentals to kids that were ready to learn about music. The kids were very respectful and gave everyone respect.
Pros
I loved working with kids.
Cons
There were no problems.
This was a church I helped at.
Assisted Pastor/Song Leader (Former Employee) –  Byhalia, MSFebruary 14, 2018
This was a church I helped at. Song Leader, and assisted the pastor. Occasionally preached in service and teach Adult Sunday School. Tried to be an encouragement.
Hard work
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 7, 2018
I worked in facilities and it was okay. If you enjoy cleaning you would like it. I only need a job fast and that’s what I could get fast, so I didn’t pick it to enjoy it.
very friendly people
Nursery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILNovember 21, 2017
I only volunteered at Grace, I have never worked there. I have never been paid by them. But working along side grace people is very enjoyable and it is always a good time.
slow-paced easy job
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 30, 2017
Grace Baptist church was a very slow-paced yet very busy work place. I always had something to do. A typical work day would consist of answering phones, placing church orders, editing the church weekly bulletin, etc.
Fun but always knew it was a temporary volunteer job
Vacation Bible School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 16, 2017
Typical day at work included teaching multiple classes the same worship material. I learned some words in sign language and different teaching methods. Management was the pastor and he was nice. Very uplifting workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was the repetition. Most enjoyable part of the job was cooperating with church staff.
I loved the idea that I could manage my own work schedule between services
Church custodian (Former Employee) –  Tyrone, PAAugust 7, 2017
My typical day at the church was setting up rooms as needed for church clubs, Sunday school, running the vacuum, cleaning of the restrooms, taking care of the alter flowers as needed.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
only part time work with no benefits