Graco Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor management in the Central Warehouse
Warehouse person (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNAugust 2, 2018
It seems to me that most people at this company like their jobs, except for the central warehouse. The culture here tends to be very drama filled, chaotic, and the management is poor. Theres very little communication here. Things have been improving somewhat, but management tends to have a reactive mindset. Not to mention, theres a strong lack of transparency, and it typically takes at least 6 months upwards of a year or even two to get hired on to the company from temp status. It's a great job if you're willing to wait for a good paycheck, good benefits, and don't mind the drama.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Steady raises, hard to get fired once hired on.
Cons
Lack of transparency, poor management, chaotic, uneven work flow, takes a very long time to get hired on from temp status, lots of drama
Great Workplace
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNJuly 31, 2018
I love working at graco. You can have Overtime if you want to. Jobs are fun and not too complicated. Management is great. The only thing that sucks is being a temporary employee.
Pros
Hours, environment, management
Cons
Being a temporary employee. only two 12 minute breaks.
Quality employees
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 27, 2018
Great job shop. Primarily mazak machine. Educated machinists. Great place to work. Good management for the most part. hr was always helpful. If u know ur stuff you will do fine in a machine shop.
Good pay, but little to no training
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 9, 2018
Great pay for what you do. Fast paced shift, making work week go by fast. You get paid every week.

Temps rarely make it past three months, and you will get let go without any notice or reason. Very limited training.
Pros
Three day weekends, good pay
Cons
No training, no feedback on how you are doing until they let you go.
Stationary Corporate America for Creatives
Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Rogers, MNJuly 5, 2018
It is a place to settle and do what's expected of you day in and day out. The challenge is not there to keep you interested so you should have the patience of a saint. The management does not know how to effectively communicate, so there isn't a clear understanding of what is expected out of each project, and when things need changing they don't know how to constructively criticize to help you improve. It's a lot of you trying to figure out what they want and constantly changing what that is. Your project also is always subject to be given to other people within the department so it is to see something from start to finish.
Pros
A few free lunches
Cons
Slow or minimal communication
Fast paced, yet laid back environment
Assembler; Temporary (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed by time at Graco and was very disappointed that they let me go without any warning/notice. Management did not come to me with any concerns or complaints before letting me go after 3.5 months. Training was very poor, they would throw you on the assembly line and give you a 2 minute training session. Some stations (motor assembly and testing specifically), I wish I could have been trained better to fully understand how/why things worked. I would suggest to Graco to set aside training sessions for new employees so they can practice building/assembling/testing sprayers at a slower pace and work on their speed during normal business hours. Quality needs to be as important as quantity.
Pros
4 day work week, casual attire, could listen to music on the job
Cons
only (3) 12 minute breaks, no lunch, training was very poor
One of the best companies I've worked for
Global On-Road Market Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILJune 19, 2018
The main growth I received with Graco is training and mentoring new employees. Helping them advanced their carriers and to see them grow with their wins and successes.

Graco ranks in the world as one of the best places to work. Management is fare and works with the people to grow the employee as well as grow sales.
Solid company
Electrical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNMay 14, 2018
- Pretty standard design process
- Corporate office culture
- Engineers typically lead their own projects
- Solid benefits including great 401k package
If you are looking for few days or weeks work then right place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNApril 27, 2018
They will constantly keep removing temps and hire new for some reason. They won’t even tell you truth why they remove you. They give you rediculous reason of making mistakes which they lie for even good workers. Supervisor is terrible and not nice to temporary workers. This is warehouse on Brockton street Rogers. Don’t fall for $16-17 if you are looking for stable job. Since they keep letting temps go they try to lure by offering highest pay rate around.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Unstable job and removing temp employees constantly
Great Company
Manufacturing Cell Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2018
Diverse product lines and markets. Lots of good people. High level of investment in latest technologies. ROI driven. Good senior leadership. Great benefits. Good culture.
Working at Graco
Security Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2018
Graco is a great place to work. Ceo of the company is outstanding. Management is a little less than desired. Not fair, Human resources is shy of decent.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management and Human resources
Reliable workforce and camaraderie, well set goals
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNApril 2, 2018
- A typical day would involve working on the project I was assigned to and collaborate with different areas of development and manufacturing in order to achieve the main goal
- Difficulties were usually linked to the Marketing department updating secondary goals that were harder to adapt to quickly
Great place to work, as long as you have the right manager!
Manufacturing Engineer 1 (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 23, 2018
I loved working at Graco when I worked for a previous manager, but they promote people into management roles that should not manage any group of people.
Pros
Pro automation
Long Days, No Training or Guidance
Demo Technician/ Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2018
Severe lack of training, you are required to learn on your own, while spending a 98% of the time by yourself. Expected to work 10-12 days with no guidance on how to complete your job duties.
Pros
Everything paid for to use for work was reimbursed.
Cons
Must have an adequate amount of money to work for them, You pay for items for the job out of your own pocket, then get reimbursed.
Fun place to they were very fair with everyone.
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Ensured staff that machines are operating properly, and lines were at optimum levels. Knowledgeable on all paperwork for production. Trained with SAP system and basic computer skills.
Pros
Worked my way from assembly lines to assistant supervisor.
Cons
Graco moving out of the country.
Fun place to work with great mangement
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 23, 2018
Lots of teamwork. Tons of Smart people. You learn a ton, you get great exposure. They are always willing to move you up if you do a great job. They are looking to build a strong bench
Pros
Lots of great benefits
Cons
The commute can be tough if your outside the cities
Poor experience over all!!
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Rogers, MNJanuary 14, 2018
It was a very fast pace work environment to where what we got paid and what we did was to strict to what we had to do. Management did not show they cared enough about the employees and for any advancement period. The most enjoyable part of my job was the paid breaks that we were given.
Pros
Paid Breaks
Cons
Could not leave station at all
Job requirements
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 10, 2018
We were expected to run three CNC Machines and inspect our own parts. High production rates were the norm. I wanted to be advanced and move into a programming position, but never was even considered for it.
Pros
Excellant benefits
Cons
a stressful place to work.
state of the art machines
CNC Machinist Class B (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 3, 2018
employees who go above and beyond go unrecognized, most employees are there for a paycheck and don't care about the up keep of the machinery, lack of career advancement oppertunities
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
benefits are not the same as salary employees
Great place to Intern
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 1, 2018
Graco Inc. is a great place to have on a resume as a student in engineering. Interning there gave me a great representation of what would be used following graduation in industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graco. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.2InHerSight Score

4.0Personal Development

4.2Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight