Grade Potential Tutoring
Work wellbeing score is 81 out of 100

Grade Potential Tutoring Employee Reviews

United States171 reviews

gradestudentpotentialsessionsubjectparentscheduleclient

It is a good company for tutoring.

It is a well organized company. Time flexibility and subjects are good. All schedules are in App and tutors can easily access to their time sheets . Paying system is so good and is on time.

Lack of communication and scheduling

What is the best part of working at the company?The students I did get were wonderfulWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?They don’t give students so you have a very small and inconsistent paycheckWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?This isn’t really applicable due to in home tutoringWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?I teach a student for a few hours in home

Grade Potential Tutoring insights

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Pretty good part-time job

You will get new students quite often, so pretty good for starting a part-time job. The flexibility of declining students is pretty good. However, it seems like most students require weekday time, so it is less common to get students for weekends.

Rewarding job that provides a variety of students

I love working with students and watching them thrive! The company provides many students. Supervisors are organized and helpful. I have been with this company for over two years and love it!

Good Part time Job

Good for part time job. Flexible and self independent work. Good pay. Should commute to Client Place. Management is good and they inform if students showed up in our work area.

Independently driven

This company pays pretty good but be prepared to conduct sessions with no guidance. That may be a pro or con depending on your preference! I enjoyed it.

Independent contractor work

you had to get clients to sign up for your tutoring services and got very little assistance from the company to do so. payment was based on appointments so if you didn't have any you didn't get paid

Pros

can have other job(Almost required)

Cons

very hard to make money

Tutor

Great Place to work at. The students learned a lot. I would recommend this place to others because of its incredible abilities. The pay was decent and it was flexible.

Decent side job but inconsistent

This job does not offer a lot of students, and it can be difficult to get many based off your area. I’ve had 4 students I’ve worked with since being with them. I had another assigned, but the family never got back to me. They’re still on my roster as a client though. Of those four students, one dropped me after a few months. Another’s family stopped all communication out of the blue, but never contacted the company. The third I worked with for the school year, and the last I just started working with. I’ve been with them since September, so almost a year now. Students are free to cancel at random, but families tend to be very forgiving when you have to do the same (sickness, family emergency, etc.). The company gives you the students info and you can choose whether or not to take them on as clients. They pay based on experience and qualifications. After you’ve chosen a student, they give you the contact and from there it’s up to you. No training, no materials, no lesson plans. That’s all on you as the tutor. You rarely talk to management outside of getting new clients. Overall decent place to work, but very inconsistent hours and not steady. If you need a reliable paycheck, look elsewhere. Also you only get paid once a month.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Inconsistent

Great pay per hour, but no guaranteed hours

got a job offer with no interview. Great pay per hour, but no immediate start or guaranteed hours per week. decent part time job for a graduate student.

Pros

pay

Cons

no guaranteed hours

Decent supplementary income

They charge the clients $50 but will pay you $24 per hour. Decent way to find clients and supplement your income but you won’t receive any benefits as a tutor. If the clients like you enough though you can be paid off the books by them and make extra money that way (aka receive the full $50). My recommendation is if you work for them keep at least one client paying you through their system (for tax purposes), but once they’ve used their allotted number of sessions they prepaid for, transition into being their private tutor without the company taking their fees.

Not that many hours - side gig

Overall you don't get that many hours or students which is something to think about if you're looking for part-time hours. Definitely a side gig type of thing and not something to expect consistent income from.

No oversight

I worked with grade potential for a few months. It may be a good opportunity for someone with a fair amount of structured tutoring experience, but it’s a rough go. They don’t provide you with any curriculum or guidance. You have to provide your own. Basically the company just gives you the contact information and you do all the rest.

Good pay; Lovely Staff and Kids

I love working at Grade Potential Tutoring! It's always great to help kids and also grow a friendship with most of them as well! Going to the child's house can be a bit anxious at first, but over time, it's a great experience, especially if you want to make a little money.

Pros

Amazing staff, nice kids, good pay

Cons

Pay is monthly, only an hour per child

Good with flexible hours

I’ve been tutoring with them for over a year now. They will send you student profiles and you can decide if you want to tutor them or not. This job offers great flexibility! The pay is also good. Great job for college students.

productive and fun

great overall nice people students are respectful and nice. The hiring duration wasn't that bad. great side hustle for teenagers that are in high school looking for some extra cash.

I feel both the students and myself were successful and completed our requests of what was expected.

What is the best part of working at the company?Everyone is so helpful . I always felt I was given great advise and assistance.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I had no stress, my experience was very good.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Mine was very exceptional. My family’s were great and my contacts with the company also.What is a typical day like for you at the company?I went to the family’s home and met with my students and enjoyed my experience.

For me the experience is very positive.

What is the best part of working at the company?They provide me with students which match my travel requirements and provide me with an acceptable hourly wage.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I really have minimal or no stress. Families do however cancel appointments when they travel or get sick. For a retiree, that is fine as long as they realize that their pay may fluctuate. On the other hand, if a tutor needs to travel or is temporarily unable to tutor due to their own illness,families are usually willing to accommodate these changes What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It is positive but that really depends on the families and students you are working with, since you travel and interact with students and their families. In general, if the family is not a good fit or experiences financial issues, they will cancel directly with the company.What is a typical day like for you at the company?As mentioned, I generally work directly with students and their families. Once a client fits my schedule, I contact them and we agree to a tutoring schedule.After each session, I log the hours I have completed into the timesheet. The company follows up with the tutor and the client to ensure that things are going well.

Easy to work around a busy schedule!

It’s great for myself who moved across the country on a whim and needed work, luckily I was given 2 students in my area and was working in no time! Though it’s definitely not recommended for a career company, it was nice to have extra cash in my time of need.

Great Job!

This job meets all of my needs. Flexible, well paid and reliable management team. My position is in high demand so there is aways available work. I specialize in ESE.

Wonderful side job to have

I have had nothing but great experiences working with great potential for the last 7 years. They will send you a student you can work with and you always have the option to accept or decline. After that the company leaves it up to you and you figure out what works best for you and that student.

Pros

Flexibility, good pay

Cons

Driving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grade Potential Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight