Grade Potential Tutoring Employee Reviews

Not stable
Second Language Tutor (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WADecember 28, 2018
Working with Grade Potential was my first tutoring job and I was glad when I had hours, but suddenly they stopped giving students which meant fewer hours and no job at all. If you are depending on them as a salary you have to look somewhere else. The company communication is good, pay is fair and on time, but the hours you get is little to none. Most of the students you get are foster care immigrants from Guatemala and El Salvador if they do not show up which often happens and unless you claim your time you do not get paid for them not showing. I had to take the bus sometimes to find a student not coming to my sessions and wasting time and commuting time.
Pros
Fair pay when you have students, flexibility, good communication between personnel, pay on time.
Cons
Little to none students, students not showing up for their sessions and wasting your time.
Nope
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 7, 2018
If you are a tutor, you will be cheated. If you're a parent needing a tutor, you will be cheated. They charge a ridiculous amount of money to strictly be the middle man. There's no way I would EVER recommend or word for them again.
Pros
Cons
They take way too much money
Tutoring
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 6, 2018
Grade potential is a tutoring company. It was okay workinf with this company. The pay was well. I think the main problem was the consistency and timing with the parents
Pros
Helping children progress
Cons
Parents were not consistent
Fun and interesting tutoring work
Professional math tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 1, 2018
They are great tutoring company ,they pay good and they are organized ,they pay you on time ,and you get the schedule you like
They are very professional tutoring company
Love tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2018
I tutored for 3 years during my undergraduate career at my university. It's what lead me to be a tutor for myself. Grade Potential Tutoring was able to connect me to students aound me and of my skillset.
Pros
matched students to skillset
Grade Potential
Math/Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2018
I love working for this company! I have learned and taught so many growing minds! They connect you with a student in your local area and you go out to tutor, helping you get connected with students without all the stress.
I LOVE tutoring with Grade Potential
Tutor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas Nevada (Spring Valley and Summerlin)September 14, 2018
...Being a tutor with Grade Potential is one of the most rewarding experiences of my life!!!
I am a retired SPED school teacher, and after 21 years of working with students of all ages and grade levels; (in a variety of settings inside and outside of the classroom) I am passionate about individualized education. I believe in teaching the student, versus teaching the class. I believe in Behavior Management, with the ultimate responsibility falling to the student, working with boundaries, rules, goals, and communication. Grade Potential Tutoring Services provides unique opportunities for students and their families to obtain individualized, one on one, (student-specified) assistance to reach their educational goals.The CCSD Core Curriculum and the, "No Student Left Behind" initiative has created challenges for our children that no one expected, predicted, or anticipated.
Grade Potential sees the potential in all students of all ages.
Pros
Experts in their fields, knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, understanding
Cons
Independent Contractor position
Pretty chill.
Personal Tutor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2018
Know your subject, connect with your student. If you can't do either of these tasks, find another job.
The parents seem to be pretty flexible so if you're with a reasonable family it's easy to help the student succeed.
Amazing
ACADEMIC TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 8, 2018
Great place to work for as a tutor. They help find the clients, they pay well. You never meet any of them, you simply talk with your employer over the phone or through emails. You do meet face to face with the people you tutor, and I never had a rude person. Sometimes a tutee would discontinue the service after 1 or 2 sessions but I never took it personally. I tutored one student for about 30 total hours, and we made a lot of progress on his understanding of chemistry and statistics.
Convenient to my Schedule
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 8, 2018
I love the convenience of having to choose my schedule and work around activities I want to do and wanting to work at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job is teaching my students various ways of a subject to their liking, and actually learning from it.
Pros
Schedule convenience
Cons
Barely any students to receive and teach in my area
Pay is too low
PRIVATE TUTOR GRADE POTENTAL TUTORING (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 12, 2018
Parents pay $40-$55/hour but Tutors are paid $20-$25/hour. It's not fair for Grade Potential, which is essentially a staffing company, to take half of the tutor's pay. The tutors do all of the work.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
pay rate
a great place to work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 19, 2018
I get to tutor and set my own hours and they don't even mind if I get sick. I like the place because I get paid more per hour and I don't have to pay a finder's fee like wyzant.
Pros
get paid more
Cons
no benefits
Great for College students
Tutor and Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2018
Takes a while to get any work but once you get work you make your own hours excellent for going to college.

I think if you want to work casually this is a perfect job for people who can tutor.
Pros
schedule friendly, work as much as you want
Cons
have to wait for initial work, based on client-need basis
student's every now and then
Tutor part time (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMarch 2, 2018
Allowed to use my own style and my own or student resources. Not too many students available I would travel to student's homes and spend time getting to know them as we would study.
Pros
freedom
Cons
not enough students
Great for College Student
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAFebruary 25, 2018
You make your own schedule and take on a work load you can handle. This makes it perfect for you to schedule session around your school schedule. The pay is also really high.
Pros
Own schedule hight pay
Cons
hard to find hours
Easily found kids to tutor
service/ Tutor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAFebruary 2, 2018
The office nice, communicative . Very informative of students going to tutor. They gave me background o. The student and what there goals are. Option of tutoring in home or somewhere else.
Nothing special
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Grade Potential is a company parents call to look for qualified tutors for their children. Grade Potential then calls tutors on their list. Tutors meet the parents and student. Overall, Grade Potential is good. All I do is go to the student's house, tutor, and input the session onto the computer. I get paid at the end of the month based on all the hours I logged. The only problem with this is I've been making the same amount of money for the last 5 years. No raises.
Independent work that allows for huge gratification
Academic Tutor (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 27, 2017
Once a tutor is paired with a student, the communication between tutor and student/parent of student remains quite exclusive. Tutors must be self-motivated and self-sufficient and must keep in contact with student and family of student at all times, while keeping contact with Grade Potential office.
Easy and Rewarding
Tutor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2017
Easy way to earn some extra money. Very nice work/life balance because you get to make your own schedule. I think it is also a very rewarding job to have when you see the students start to understand what you are teaching them.
Relaxed Workplace
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 19, 2017
Good to have extra income but there is long gap between getting students. No benefits, it is a temporary work only thing you can take break as and when you want.
Pros
Cons
Long breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grade Potential Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight