Grade Potential Tutoring
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100

Grade Potential Tutoring Employee Reviews

United States111 reviews

It is a good company for tutoring.

It is a well organized company. Time flexibility and subjects are good. All schedules are in App and tutors can easily access to their time sheets . Paying system is so good and is on time.

Flexible Scheduling with Great Pay

I was looking for a job that can work around my classes as a college student. This is the one! They offered me a student decently fast, and the drive from me is only 15 minutes. Great pay compensation, and the company reaches out to you fast.

Pros

flexible scheduling

Cons

Might not have as many students as you want right away

Grade Potential Tutoring insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Enjoy being an Independent Contractor

I began working with GP February 2022, I've had a constant flow of students and the pay rate is great! I am always able to get in touch with someone I'm HR when necessary.. so glad I choose to tutor with GP, very flexible and I controll how each session will go!

Pros

Great pay & consistant

Cons

No paid benefits

Dead End

I applied back in February and got hired fairly quickly. I was given the opportunity to work with one family but days later, the family pulled the plug. I haven't gotten a call, text, or email since and it's been at least 2 months. Don't rely on this job if you really need one.

Cons

Waiting for a match, no communication, probably forgotten about

Pay and Benefits

I have been signed up for about 2 years and never received any work. I received no students or anything. I am not sure what to do to get a client. Also, I received no benefits.

there's pros and cons

I have worked with this company for three years and while I do love it, I wish I would get a steady flow of clients. Instead, I go months without a client and I wish I was paid more for the trouble of tutoring these students. Management is very understanding and helpful when I am faced with a challenge.

Never Received One Assignment in over 5 Years

I applied in 2013 and have not received any assignments. I have had other jobs of course, but I keep holding on only because it looks good on my resume.

Pros

Good job in theory

Cons

No work

Grade Point tutoring

hardest part of my job working for this company was the amount of times my schedule would change, from day to day and the countless number of people contacting me was endless. It became unbearable, and I was repeating myself over and over to various people. Getting paid once a month during the second week of the month was diffcult. I found managment rude when I talked to them. I will never work for them again.

Pros

nice students

Cons

management

Needs to do a better job of vetting clients along with tutors

Personality and work styles of the tutor might not match that of the client. Unfortunately, you won't find out it's not a good match until you are weeks into the gig. Not being sure who the client and their history as far as academically or behaviorally makes it hard to assess and you are forced to do it in real-time.I'm very patient, but it's very hard when a client expects you to help their child and not consistent about making sure you are aware of what they are working on in school. I believe my client expected me to improvise our sessions or magically know how to help their child. In the end, it just didn't work out because I'm not used to working with disorganization.

Good tutoring company

The pay rate is fair and you can organize your schedule. If you want to start as an independent tutor this is the right company.

Productive and fun workplace.

Very good company, the pay rate is good. They get busy during the school semester and you can get many students to tutor. I highly recommend working for them as a start.

You're your own boss

I was in need of a second job to provide supplemental income. I applied to work as tutor and was called a few months later. I was informed that I had the ability to structure and schedule my own sessions. I appreciated that flexibility. In the past, I had worked as an at home behavior therapist and there wasnt much flexibility with scheduling or the program. Though from this experience as a therapist, I learned valuables skills such as structuring sessions, the importance of breaks, assessments, and of course, something that cannot be taught caring for my clients.I like that as a tutor I have the freedom to structure my sessions as I see fit. I custom each program according to my clients needs, which I appreciate. Some of my clients already have material that I can support them with. While with other clients, I am having to teach them something completely new, which I love. I do wish there was some paid time for preparing lesson plans.Communication: Typically, there is someone available at the office should I have any questions.

Pros

Scheduling, ability to teach anything, ability to develop on curriculum, if client cancels session within 24 hrs session is still paid, making a difference

Cons

Unpaid time for prepping sessions

A good way to make money doing freelance tutoring

Most of working at GP is determined by the individual working there - they connect you up with clients who are near you and need help in an area of expertise that you claim to have, and you can accept to take on the job or not. Once you're connected, you set up lesson times and meeting places between you and the client. It's a great way to get some tutoring experience if you're willing to put in the work to be a good tutor without any additional training.

Pros

Set your own schedule, teach using your own style

Cons

Inconsistent income/hours, no training

I was highly praised for my abilities to educate in a wide variety of areas of study.

I feel very privileged by and enjoy the opportunity to work with children. I would be happy to work with adults as well, but either way, I feel treated with dignity by the families who hired me.

Pros

A certain amount of professional autonomy, and a good salary.

Cons

My students are sometimes in run-down neigborhoods.

Enjoyable Company to work for and great customer service team.

I am a tutor and I really like this company. Their system for tutoring is great. Also, they find the work for you. They are very helpful and guide you through the process of learning. The communication within is great too. They are friendly, patient and kind.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

N/a

Amazing

They are great. They do stand for what they believe in. Work hard and teach and you will do just find. Great work and life balance. You pick your own time

Great pay and flexibility

Grade potential tutoring could be a great way to make extra money, especially if you enjoy teaching and helping others learn. The main downside is that you only get paid once a month which is the main reason I am not willing to commit to more hours.

Really good pay but independent worker

Not enough hours, too much driving around, some of the students can be difficult so you need to have a lot of patience. The pay was really good but you’re considered an independent worker. You also get paid once a month.

Pros

Flexible, good pay

Cons

Not enough hours, too much driving around

Unprofessional

Lack of answering emails, families are unprofessional, company provides no support. You have to reach out to the families yourself and most of the time they are unreliable and the company provides no help whatsoever.

Autonomy; Competent Managers

Tutoring affords autonomy. My direct manager is always supportive, understands particular job issues; is respectful; balances respect with company policies.

Great Supplemental Job!

GP tutoring is truly a great tutoring position. The compensation is adequate and the flow of students is fairly consistent. The busyness of your schedule does wax and wane with the school year!I haven’t ever gotten to the level of students where I’d be able to support myself long-term ONLY doing this job, but I enjoy it nonetheless!

Pros

Professional tutoring environment, decent pay, good students, keeps skills sharp, and Flexibility

Cons

No benefits because you’re a contractor and schedules can fluctuate wildly.

Common questions about Grade Potential Tutoring

Answered by current and former employees at Grade Potential Tutoring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grade Potential Tutoring. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight