Graduation Alliance
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Working at Graduation Alliance: 32 Reviews

United States32 reviews

Good pay, Flexible hours, very tedious

Overall, job compensates well if you get the normal amount of enrollments which is not hard to do. Work from home is nice but the work itself is incredibly boring and feels a bit misleading offering families free academic support when the coaches only really text families and no actual tutoring.

Pros

Good pay, Pto, Wfh

Cons

Very boring, Somewhat misleading to customers

You will never learn more anywhere else!

Excellent people and work environment! The potential to explore a growing sector of the education business is unmatched at this company. There are many opportunities for advancement within once you’ve got yourself established.

Graduation Alliance insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

A place where you can grow and serve a mission

This company has been a complete blessing. The managers dedicate themselves to their teams and how they can improve performances and their wellbeing. This is the best company I have worked with. Over a year on the job and looking for more!

Pros

Good pay, good hours and flexibility

Cons

Recruitment could probably improve

Unrealistic case loads and limited support actually offered

As a new hire I experienced large student loads, summer staff layoffs and nepotism. The change that can be made is encouraging but the administration and culture is less than and needs major overhauling if the program wants to continue.

It was ok

The GoodIt is a remote job with flex schedule. I was blessed to have a manager who wasnt a micro manager. The badThe metrics. It was unrealistic and stressful. Clearly, this job is only about the numbers and getting your bonuses. The uglyThe reason why I left because these families needs more than just giving resources. These families needed assistance and Tutoring. Something I couldnt provide because I had too many kiddos on my caseload. Also this place is the epitome of neopotism. The managers hired their friends.

Pros

Remote work, flexible schedule, nice co-workers

Cons

Unrealistic expectations and metrics. Easily burned out, low pay and horrible pto.

My commitment and passion to students and families in great beed

The mission of the company speaks to the care of students and families, The epitome NEPOTISM by friends in lower management. Lower mngmnt overhaul!!!

Pros

Remote work opportunity

Cons

inexperienced, lower management, who are all friends, the epitome of Nepotism

This company promotes cronyism and is a toxic environment

This company, specifically the Attendance Recovery Department, practices cronyism which is exemplified in their leadership, which mostly all came from the same previous job- Independence University. This makes moving up in the department virtually impossible because everyone that gets hired into leadership position comes in as a friend and connection instead of hiring more qualified individuals from within. There is also a HIGH need for diversity and inclusion training as is exemplified in their reluctant acknowledgement of Black History Month. Leadership also is very disorganized as they are often changing policies every week. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS POSITION TO ANYONE THAT HAS A BACHELORS DEGREE OR HIGHER. You deserve better.

Pros

Remote

Cons

Terrible management, inconsistent policies

Beware of the Attendance Recovery Department

All I have to say is...yikes. Management is going to be the downfall of this department. Graduation Alliance as a whole is great, but this department is lead by underqualified leaders. Management simply cares about numbers and numbers alone. Case loads are enormous and coaches are worked to the bone. Be careful with this department, they will eat you alive. Especially if you have diverse opinions. The gaslighting is real and very intense.

Pros

You make your own schedule. Working from home is nice.

Cons

Pretty much everything else, The people are stressful to work with, Families barely know who the company is, Glorified sales job.

Large areas of growth

This is a newer division of the company, so it is understandable that it's a bit rocky. That being said, there are so many holes in foundation of the company that it generally makes it difficult to do the job well. The training is extremely overwhelming and there is not much transparency between upper management and coaches. In some ways, it feels like a sales job where student success is not the primary focus. All in all, it's a great place to work, a lot of friendly people, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Pros

Flexible hours, Kind people, Remote work

Cons

Lack of motivation, Difficult to stay on task, Lack of clear direction

Awful place to work

So unorganized, this company is really just a mess.They make it seem like they have it all together but it’s really just a call center that you call people who don’t want to talk to you all day. You fill peoples voicemails and they pretend to care about students success but don’t actually do anything to help them succeed.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

No guidance, large layoffs

Job Mission and Security

Will be fired with no notice even if you are doing well. GA’s mission changes constantly which is very frustrating for the kids and families. Main focus is on call time and number of calls.

Meaningful work with room for growth.

Easily the best career decision of my life. I am always learning and encouraged to maximize my potential by lower and upper management. Leadership makes a point of creating a desirable work environment and emphasizes the importance of work/life balance. It sounds cheesy, but I love my job.

Pros

Fair pay, benefits, incentives

Cons

Requires strong internet connection, dynamic metrics

Role lacks direction, but the people make up for it

I can only speak for my experience in my department, but this company grew too fast and could not manage enough to maintain quality of service. People were laid off with no notice in large numbers after a lots of hiring just a months prior. I feel like I lacked direction and purpose and I couldn't even explain to clients what we were trying to do. My coworkers on my team are amazing people and I really have enjoyed getting to know them.

Okay place to work

An ok place to work. Base pay is not the best but they do have an incentive program. Managers are not always involved with the teams and the seasonal workers are kinda left out of the loop with everything going on.

Pros

Bonuses, Monthly money giveaways, work from home

Cons

Boring, repetitive

Academic Coach

Love the atmosphere and the fact that I can help children succeed. I meet with them once a week, sometimes two times a week and we go over homework assignments. I provide resources as best as I can!

Pros

Work from home, flexible

Cons

Sit all day

Pleasant work experience

I enjoyed working with children and their families during the Covid crisis. It was gratifing that a company offered that opportunity during this time.

Pros

Good pay, supplied equipment

Cons

Began to moniter too much example bathroom breaks

Great Side Job

If you are looking for a great side job, I would recommend this company. Not good if you are looking to advance your career or work your way up un the company.

Pros

Decent pay, flexible, supportive management

Cons

Benefits, Cant work your way up

Nice people but basically a micromanaged, glorified telemarketing job

I took this job to hopefully make a difference for the students I would be working with. Instead, I ended up feeling like the priority was on the number of calls I made in a day and not the quality of the calls with the students. Ultimately it just felt like a telemarketing job where I had to irritate people by calling them all the time.Management became really micromanaging and very strict about taking any sort of bathroom break or getting up from your desk for any reason. They kept an eye on what you were doing at all times through their calling system and if you had even a couple minutes of unaccounted for time, you would be flagged and get in trouble.

Pros

Really nice coworkers, working from home is nice

Cons

Micromanaged, strict about breaks, false advertising about what job entails

Independence and trust to be the best support for your students

Work as a local advocate My management and team work well together to ensure students get what they need I feel encouraged and helped on a monthly basis to ensure that I'm reaching goals with my roster of students

Company with altruistic purpose and great leaders

Great leaders that truly want to help make the world a better place. They understand the value of a person and act accordingly. They treat employees very well. It is a virtually stress-free environment that puts one in a position to succeed.

Great Mission

Great mission for Graduation Alliance to help those individuals who cannot or will not graduate from the traditional high school setting. Work is virtual for most, but communication is not the strongest. The most enjoyable part of the job is hearing how the program helped a student (no matter the age) finish their high school degree.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graduation Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Graduation Alliance in popular locations

• Graduation Alliance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?