Graduation Alliance

United States34 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & Benefits

managementjobgreatworkplaceteampaystudent

Good pay, Flexible hours, very tedious

Overall, job compensates well if you get the normal amount of enrollments which is not hard to do. Work from home is nice but the work itself is incredibly boring and feels a bit misleading offering families free academic support when the coaches only really text families and no actual tutoring.

Pros

Good pay, Pto, Wfh

Cons

Very boring, Somewhat misleading to customers

Great entry level position with opportunities for growth

This company truly cares for its employees as well as its clients. I had amazing management and an awesome team. I enjoyed being able to be remote. Management was flexible with my schedule when I had appointments or family emergencies.My salary was nice and the benefits package was decent. (Paid maternity/paternity leave was awesome, the health insurance was not the greatest for my families needs)I did notice the company department I was in has a high turnover rate. I had 5-6 different managers in my 2 years there. (5 quit and 1 switched to a different team) I will mention that they were all easy to work with and helped me become better.The academic coach position it self was rewarding being able to assist students who dropped out of highschool. At times it did seem repetitive have to make outbound calls. A minor complaint is the goal metrics that were set. That would often define if your month was successful or not. When I feel that a lot is out of your control. I still highly recommend the company to everyone interested in education or a career change.

Pros

CEO/management, fair pay, flexibility, and paid maternity/paternity leave

Cons

Can be repetitive with calls, high health insurance cost

Graduation Alliance insights

What people like
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things

Meaningful work with room for growth.

Easily the best career decision of my life. I am always learning and encouraged to maximize my potential by lower and upper management. Leadership makes a point of creating a desirable work environment and emphasizes the importance of work/life balance. It sounds cheesy, but I love my job.

Pros

Fair pay, benefits, incentives

Cons

Requires strong internet connection, dynamic metrics

Okay place to work

An ok place to work. Base pay is not the best but they do have an incentive program. Managers are not always involved with the teams and the seasonal workers are kinda left out of the loop with everything going on.

Pros

Bonuses, Monthly money giveaways, work from home

Cons

Boring, repetitive

Great Side Job

If you are looking for a great side job, I would recommend this company. Not good if you are looking to advance your career or work your way up un the company.

Pros

Decent pay, flexible, supportive management

Cons

Benefits, Cant work your way up

Will never go back

When I stated the company was great and then new management got hired and everything got horrible. There are no benefits offered, when you are temporary. I found out that everyone except me was given permanent positions but I was not offered one because I was pregnant and going to be having a baby and they did not want me working there anymore. I was told I would be able to work from home and then when management changed that was taken away. They knew I had just had a baby 2 weeks before and would not be willing to come into the office everyday. When I discussed with them the fact I did not make enough to pay for daycare all they said is "we understand". They pushed me out the door.

Growing business and relationships in K-12 School industry

Graduation Alliance (GA) signature "NoDropouts" program was a great opportunity that allowed me to expand my network of school officials from the HR/Finance departments, to the Superintendent and Academic decision makers in a school district. As a responsible and self motivated sales professional, I worked out of my home office and covered the entire state of Louisiana preaching the gospel of Dropout Recovery programs that Graduation Alliance provided. GA is a 5 year old "Start-up" company that grew from about 30 employees to 50+ in the 3 years that I worked there. As with any startup company, growth doesn't come without some hiccups, mostly in the area of workload for different departments. In the beginning, I was the sole account rep in charge of sales, contracts, implementation and service support. After about 16 months, our growth demanded an additional support staff which I hired and led in our goal of maintaining customer satisfaction, and growing revenue. The home office culture was relaxed and cohesive with everyone excelling at their individual role, and striving to help others around them as well as the sales staff in the field who were setting strong exceptions for each new client that came on board. The hardest part of the job was losing good opportunities due to the "Politics" of education. Policies in place by the State school board often interfered with decision makers choice of "doing the right thing", or doing the "safe thing", which was nothing. As much as that was tough to swallow, knowing that kids could change their life just by returning -

Pros

Compensation, Working independently, Valued input in company direction

Cons

Executive & management turnover, disrupted corporate channels

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graduation Alliance. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits