Grady Health System Employee Reviews

Work place
N/A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
The moral is so low in this hospital, they don't want to pay you want you are worth and there is not career advancement at all. You are constantly harassed by staff members and when you go to leadership that don't do a thing at all. So please come work at Grady if you are looking to get bullied by staff members, low pay, no career advancements and low moral than this is the place for you, but I warn any future applicants to look else where.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, low moral, being bullied and no career advancement
Grady
N/A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
On a typical work day, the daily work runs smoothly. I have learned the professional side of the entire finance department. People at Grady can be pleasant but mostly jealous and spiteful. There is nothing hard about the work, everything is teachable.
Great learning environment
CLINICAL STAFF MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
The patient population serviced is unique. There is always something new to learn as care is provided to acutely ill patients. There are opportunities to provide support, educate or be a listening ear for patients and their families.
an excellent working environment
Medical records representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 12, 2019
everything is set and ready to help employees achieve set targets and environmental friendly whilst supervisors listen to employees and are ever ready to support them and aid them to have a lear view of the set target
Overall Experience
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
While Grady doesn't have the best reputation, there are people that genuinely care about the work that they do and the people that they serve. The culture is changing, but it still has a long way to go.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Lack of resources and professional development
Not all what it's cracked up to be
Prn Inventory control specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2018
Poor management and staff management doesn't care about staff not a bad job just a bad work environment they have homeless people and crackheads walking in and throughout the hospital freely whenever they want not enough security guards or police to patrol the perimeter no career growth or advancements broken promises very cut-throat some of the techs and nurses have very bad attitudes they quick to lie in throw other staff members who our in low level positions under the bus I've seen far better hospital environments then this one and it's a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Non
Cons
No chance for career advancement
n/a
Clinical Nurse Manager, (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2018
still evaluating, staff development is lacking, great group of employees who work hard for the Atlanta community. Atlanta's only level one trauma center
Externship
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, GANovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time working here. The staff works together and helps each other to keep the flow of office going. Certain times of day depending on where I was placed at for that week, we had patients right up till closing time.
RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 10, 2018
Great place to work as Grady prides in giving employees opportunities to advance within their position. Grady provides a great service for the underserved population and is a great place to obtain optimal experience
Pros
Experience working for prestigious organization
productive
EPIC APPLICATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2018
great pace to work, very diverse, and awesome learning and teaching hospital. Management in IT actually listen to the workers. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility
Eye opeing experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
Working with a hospital in a large city will challenge your patience and at time make you feel like what is going on here. But when you are able to assist and help the people and visitors of our great city it makes it all worth it. at time u are helping people have the worst day ever Like the mom who just battled through downtown traffic to see about here son who was helicoptered into Grady from a serious car accident or the daughter looking for here dad who had a heart attack on the marta train. u never know what the day has in store nut the fact that u can help people make it all worth wild.
Pros
life
Cons
loss of life
Grady
LPN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2018
It is not for everybody. Either you will love this place and stay or hate it and run away. Great place to learn. Great camaraderie amongst staff. There are a few bad apples here and there, but that is normal everywhere you go.
Working at Grady is a pleasure.
Floor Technician/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at Grady is like an exciting adventure. To be more compassionate. The management is good also. Work place culture is great because we work down town. The hardest park is keeping the floors clean. The most enjoyable part is meeting different people.
Pros
The pros are great benefits.
Better workplace
Certified Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2018
Good workplace to work. The environment and work culture depends on the manager that is there at that time. Generally, Grady is a good place to work and sometimes there is overtime.
Stressful
Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
Management is useless, we rarely had any appointments available for patients who needed assistance, the patients couldn't receive a callback for further assistance
Great educational experience
Unit Clerk/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
You may know Grady as one of the nation’s best trauma centers. We save people who’ve been severely hurt in car accidents, industrial mishaps and other trauma incidents, 24/7. But there’s another side to us. The side that heals disease, cares for burns, corrects injuries, treats sniffles.

Our physicians, who are on the faculties of Emory and Morehouse medical schools, provide Grady patients with unparalleled care in specialties like cancer, urology, cardiology, neurology and chronic disease – as well as the more routine, like family medicine and senior care. And we provide this care at Grady Hospital and through 6 facilities inside and outside of the Perimeter.
Pros
Experience
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work. You have to be willing to learn and be pushed to your limit. The culture at grady is one of a kind. You will encounter people from all walks of life. Management at grady is forever changing its a challenge to work in such a large environment. The hardest part about working at grady is learning to navigate around the hospital.
Going Downhill. FAST!
Employed (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
Entirely too many changes by people that never actually DO the job.
They SAY they listen to us, but they don't.
The pay is ok, but when it comes time for a raise, that's a joke!
Good benefits all the way around
Nurse tech PRN
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I can work up to 60 hours a week. We do receive shift differential, there are no benefits for prn employee's. The pay is not much. They do offer 4 hr, 8 hr and 12 hr. Shifts. Hiring process is very quick. You will start about 2 to 3 weeks later from interview date.
Pros
12 hr shift, 3 day work week, up to 60 hours a week
Cons
Little pay
My summary
POOL NURSE (Former Employee) –  80 Jesse hill street, Atlanta gaSeptember 5, 2018
A typical work day at grady is very busy, a nurse's focus is to deliver optimal care to the patients; the team work well together. I was a float nurse working from the nursing pool staff department, so I worked throughout the building, as an lpn nurse some of my duties included: draw labs, run iv abt medication, monitor blood infusions, monitor vital signs, hour rounds on patients, intake and output, heparin drips, draw specimens and cultures, administer injections (ex) Im, sub q, suctioning, run feeding tubes, tracheal tubes, naso, endo, drainage tubes,
Foley tubes, monitor chest tubes drainage systems, do time out procedures with md surgeons, monitor/document lines and drains, intravenous administration, pain management, wound care, patient care, transfers patients' patient assessments. I have worked in the client pods, the burn unit, labor and delivery, med surge units, cancer unit, immunology units, renal clinic, cardiac, gastroenterology unit, orthopedic unit and respiratory unit. These are some of the things that I learned how to do. The management team was good, they always kept the nurse up to standards and compliance. The workplace culture was always a professional setting. The hardest part of the job was resigning in April 2014 so I could go to back to school for my rn degree. The most enjoyable part of work was honing my skills at GMH, giving my best effort, caring for my patients and helping the team.
Pros
Learning and honing my skill set.
Cons
Short staff on units at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grady Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Grady Health System.

Powered by Comparably