Grady Health System
Happiness rating is 69 out of 100

Grady Health System Employee Reviews

The organization does great work for the community, therefore I believe the leadership should be a reflection of the population that attends the hospital.
I would say you do get good experience here, but you never get off on time. Pay is also fair for your level of experience. The people are nice they are very calm, professional, and good at what they do.
Management bully's you to complete task without resources and realistic timelines... Stressful. Champagne taste with beer bottle pockets. Leaders need to be held more accountable.
Benefits
Cons
Micro mgt.
Great organization for advancement. Good team to work with. Able to work with individuals from various cultures . It’s a wonderful place to work and lear ln new things.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Working at Grady is a experience you can't explain from customer service skills to de escalation techniques all comes in handy working at Grady. You see everything and everybody at Grady.
Pros
Discounted Meals and overtime
Cons
Extreme Work load
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I loved my patients but management is horrible with no support and low pay with the amount of work load you had. But overall I loved my patients and direct patient care.
Grady Health Systems dba South Georgia EMS is a great paying EMS service and has great benefits but it's really just feels like a short term job working for them, not a career. Like you are on a temporary contract which can be pulled at any time. There is no sense of longevity and security. Direct management has been good and able to take days off when needed. You just don't get the sense that anybody has your back and you could be one mistake away from termination. Ambulances might not be the worst but getting on a truck with 280k and squirrely driving characteristics is not uncommon. Co-workers have been great. No complaints there. Shift personnel are great people. There just seems to be a rather large disconnect between corporate management and people on the ground. It's really hard to put it in to words but most employees you get the sense that they are just passing through until a better opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Good hourly pay, all the overtime you want, good insurance
Cons
no sense of job security, short staffed quite often
Benefits and pay are competitive. There is no work life balance. Getting time off is very difficult because staff is low. Staff is low because turn over rate is high. Turn over rate is high because of department head and schedule issues.
working there gave me high BP and my supervisor piled more work on me then anyone else. PT wait time more then 3hrs. employee that work there try to get the new hires out
Pros
pay
Cons
is a hard place to wk
You see it all at Grady. Great place to start working as a new grad. You learn a lot from equipment to patient care. The only downside is less Nursing assistants on night shifts.
Pros
Good benefits
Always under staffed for the size of this hospital. Management is very unorganized and staff over worked. They want to run the department with a hand full of people for a 1000 bed facility. Do not waste your time.
The company has decent pay and benefits but management is like the blind leading the blind. This is as it pertains to mental health department. The turn over is really high.
It's what you'd expect, busy very little downtime. Management is hit or miss. Fairly compensated for your work. Overall it is an average place to work.
Worked as pool unit clerk at Grady Hospital in Downtown, Atlanta. They allowed me to have a very flexible schedule while I was in school. The only thing was the pay was low, but I was able to make a lot of overtime if I wanted.
The culture is fast paced. As with any hospital there are a lot of employees, almost over-crowded in certain work spaces. The food is good. The parking is bad
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Traffic
Grady offers a fast-paced environment with a broad range of diversity. Religious and cultural diversity is all around you. The great thing is everyone comes together for the common good of the people who are in need of medical attention. Grady is not perfect, but my time here was worthwhile and I am honored I had the opportunity to serve in such a legendary hospital with heroes who make a difference each day they come to work.
Pros
Great manager and leadership
Cons
Na
The staff are dedicated to making Grady move forward. It's a Just Culture. I can see positive changes and opportunities for growth for a person who is autonomous.
Pros
Great tuition reimbursement, Just Culture, dedicated hardworking team members.
Cons
limited support for new leaders, no work/life balance, constant turnover
Grady EMS use to be one of the top EMS places in the state to work, but not anymore. Management has changed and they only worry about making money. No longer is top care or employee retention a concern. Pay is pretty good, but not worth dealing with being short staffed and getting off late constantly.
Pros
Descent pay, OT is abundant
Cons
Management, short staffed
I love working in the NICU. Even though I am an experience nurse, I learned a lot from my coworkers and Leaders. Every unit have uts ups & downs, but we still wirk together as a team to give better care to our neonates & parents.
Pros
Love my babies & coworkers
Cons
Being fkexed off alot due to low census
There is always something new to learn at Grady! You will see and experience things that you never thought were possible. During my time at Grady, my skill set grew and strengthened tremendously. Great support from management, staff and physicians. Probably one of the best nursing jobs I've had.
I do not recommend this EMS Organization. Go find another place to work fro because you will ultimately become unhappy. Go to a place that offers you a career, not a job.
Pros
You will learn a lot really fast and see a huge varity of emergency sitiuations.
Cons
No long term benefits, Poor Retirement, Expensive Employee Healthcare Ins.