Grady Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to learn alot about healthcare
Vice President, Supply Chain Management, Atlanta's (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Fast paced work environment, makes it fun to continue to learn and grow. There are plenty of resources, capital and operating budgets to get projects completed.
Good Place for Experience
APPLICATION ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 18, 2018
Good place to start your career as a nurse. In a very short time, you will encounter everything. Working in the emergency dept is one of the hardest, most rewarding places to work. Fantastic collaboration with the doctors.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
difficult upward movement
I am currently working as a Nurse Case Manager
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2018
very fast paced trauma 1 hospital. You learn a lot from the interdisciplinary team. You learn to be proactive in everything you do and also you learn how to work with a wide range of individuals from all walks of life.Being close to the highway and servicing the no insurance or low income earners you meet see a lot of activities here.
Very good company to work for.
L.P.N. Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, GAMay 7, 2018
I enjoyed the Monday through Friday schedule. Management is fair and helpful. The chance to advance is available with proper education and training. An overall great place to work.
Team work
Patient Care Technician (Med-Surg Trauma) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2018
The health system is a great place to work and has provided me with all the necessary tools needed for growth is the healthcare world. Grady provides a level of care that many wouldn't understand I am speaking not only as an employee but as a dedicated patient. The teamwork, compassion and generosity at Grady is outstanding. The city truly can't "Live Without GRADY"
Pros
enthusiam of emplyees
Cons
Partial Leadership
Rewarding place to work.
Anesthesia Tech Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 27, 2018
Awesome place to gain experience and knowledge at any level or position. The CEO make sure we all put our patients first no matter what position or title you hold.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Lack of extracurricuarl activities
great place to work
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2018
i love my job at grady i get to see lots of people and do lots of things at grady you do not have a same day i have learned a lot and i have seen management change alot the culture at grady is diffcult some time but ok the hard part is not getting things right a way the enjoyable part is just for the patient to say thank you.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
is the short breaks
Productive work place
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2018
Grady is a great place to work lots of teamwork and plenty room for advancement you get to meet people from all around the world you get to help people on the. Daily basics.
Fast paced, stressful environment.
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2018
Working in the healthcare field is high stress, and fast paced. This job provided ill people their medicine before leaving the hospital. It taught me how to be precise, have attention to detail, and patience.
Nursing
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2018
This organization is an excellent place for a new grad to learn the world of nursing. It offers a wide variety of situations for which one can learn and grow professionally.
Pros
Teaching hospital
Each day was different
Secretary I, Georgia Poison Center (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 26, 2018
Grady Health System is a learning hospital with patients and staff from all different walks of life. It teaches you how to learn from other culturesand individuals if one is willing.
Pros
Meeting the people from different cultures
i enjoy working in Grady because they have variety of specialties. I observe how each of them apply to patient care.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2018
Patient care ratio is much and that add more stress to staff. The system is on the process of improvement, that is adding to the stress the staff are experiencing, from time to time. Their new computerize charting system is inspiring. They take care of diverse group of people and culture. They try to get everybody involve, no matter where you belong.
The nurse -patient ratio and acuity is hard for some staff to give quality care. it is challenging and many cannot meet their requirement.
They provide medical service to every patient, that come across their home, no matter the cost, they make it affordable for all. I will say, is a free health care provider to their community.
Pros
They are more patient comfort
Cons
They care less for their staff
Great opportunity to gain excellent nursing experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2018
Fast paced Level 1 trauma hospital. Great opportunity for anyone wanting to boost there knowledge of nursing. Never a dull moment when working at this hospital!
Fast paced, hectic at times, serves the community.
Director of Business Services & Finance - EMS (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2018
Grady is a good place to work the current CEO is working very hard to change the culture. I believe the majority of the employees believe in the mission. A leading public academic health system serving the under serve.Grady is unique place to work, fast pace different from any other place I have every worked at; but rewarding knowing how many people lives are saved by the health system.
Great pay, management not so much...
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 9, 2018
Extremely busy environment. Great experience and coworkers. You will learn how to save the world with a pocket knife and duct tape. Poor equipment, poor management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
equipment, management, work life balance, job security
Grady s a great place to work and learn.
Secretary I, Georgia Poison Center (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2018
A typical day was a good day and always a new day for learning. It was a call center micro managed for some and not for others. The workplace was consistent in learning from others and the hardest part was not having a hard part because I understood the people I worked with. I enjoyed the people the different attitudes and behavior portrayed toward others.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
Lead you to want to do something else or more in another area.
Teaching Hospital
Student Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
It's fast pace. If you are interested in learning how too craft your education this is the place for you. During my experience with this organization I learned alot. Management some days can upset you but you have too have tough skin. The staff has been working together for years. It's pettyness between a few of them but if you stay out of it all together you'll do great. The doctor's teach you as well as the interns, residents, and nurses.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Certain managers and low pay
Too many chiefs
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2018
There were too many power struggles going on, which hampers growth to those who are just trying to find their way in their career. Managers should be willing to help grow those on their team, not make them feel as though they have no value.
Grady is great but this department is not.
Nursing Staff (Former Employee) –  Main hospitalFebruary 13, 2018
My experience with the Grady organization has been great and the top senior administrators were inspiring to work for. But the individual department head will be a real gamble on your own. This department is run by the non-clinical business people. Lots of micro-management and horrible communication. I would highly recommend working for Grady, but not so much for this department.
Pros
Inspiring and educating
Cons
Poor communication, micro-management
Grady
Clinical Staff Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
I love Grady first off, but I need to transition. This is a fun place to work if you like a fast-paced environment. The current leadership is working hard to make things better.