Grady Health System Employee Reviews

Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work. You have to be willing to learn and be pushed to your limit. The culture at grady is one of a kind. You will encounter people from all walks of life. Management at grady is forever changing its a challenge to work in such a large environment. The hardest part about working at grady is learning to navigate around the hospital.
Going Downhill. FAST!
Employed (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
Entirely too many changes by people that never actually DO the job.
They SAY they listen to us, but they don't.
The pay is ok, but when it comes time for a raise, that's a joke!
Good benefits all the way around
Nurse tech PRN
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I can work up to 60 hours a week. We do receive shift differential, there are no benefits for prn employee's. The pay is not much. They do offer 4 hr, 8 hr and 12 hr. Shifts. Hiring process is very quick. You will start about 2 to 3 weeks later from interview date.
Pros
12 hr shift, 3 day work week, up to 60 hours a week
Cons
Little pay
My summary
POOL NURSE (Former Employee) –  80 Jesse hill street, Atlanta gaSeptember 5, 2018
A typical work day at grady is very busy, a nurse's focus is to deliver optimal care to the patients; the team work well together. I was a float nurse working from the nursing pool staff department, so I worked throughout the building, as an lpn nurse some of my duties included: draw labs, run iv abt medication, monitor blood infusions, monitor vital signs, hour rounds on patients, intake and output, heparin drips, draw specimens and cultures, administer injections (ex) Im, sub q, suctioning, run feeding tubes, tracheal tubes, naso, endo, drainage tubes,
Foley tubes, monitor chest tubes drainage systems, do time out procedures with md surgeons, monitor/document lines and drains, intravenous administration, pain management, wound care, patient care, transfers patients' patient assessments. I have worked in the client pods, the burn unit, labor and delivery, med surge units, cancer unit, immunology units, renal clinic, cardiac, gastroenterology unit, orthopedic unit and respiratory unit. These are some of the things that I learned how to do. The management team was good, they always kept the nurse up to standards and compliance. The workplace culture was always a professional setting. The hardest part of the job was resigning in April 2014 so I could go to back to school for my rn degree. The most enjoyable part of work was honing my skills at GMH, giving my best effort, caring for my patients and helping the team.
Pros
Learning and honing my skill set.
Cons
Short staff on units at times
productive and fun work place
STUDENT PHLEBOTOMY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
productive and fun work place interacted with many people and was eager to be a help to the public. this job requires a person of compassion and kind heartedness.
Productive workplace
SR. HEALTH INFORMATION TECH (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Prepare daily reports,second analysis and assist physicians with ESA training.
I prepared patients charts for intake and discharge, ran daily reports and prepared for team meetings.
Pros
Free lunch with workshops
Cons
Pay
Working at Grady is somehow good .
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2018
Grady is a good place to work at but some departments the managers there make the working environment awful especially for the foreigners. Other than that it is a good place.
Pros
Cons
Good break
The benefits were great.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Grady Health Systems at Crestview because it was my first nursing job. I learned a lot and the staff was willing to train me and made sure that I was comfortable as a new nurse.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short staff at times.
Great place
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
Busy workload but enjoyable. Great patients. Lobe the Grady cultures, better than any place I've ever worked. Good and fair market value salary. Love my manager and hours.
Very Bad Experience
Trauma Program Admin (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
Community-based hospital. Many people work there for 30 plus year.
Great medical teaching hospital. Poor communication and collaboration between departments. Each department function as an independent entity which makes it difficult when have to coordinate between department. The executive office seems unconcern about interoffice issues, they are more concern about the public perception of the hospital and not their staff.
Pros
located downtown Atlanta
Cons
No training, expectation without training is unreasonable, poor department management, low pay and raises.
Is
Epic Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2018
Grady is divided by Jr.'s and Sr.'s analyst. This culture is based on politics and not performance. Grady as an organization is innovation and on cutting edge of technology.
Love helping patients
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at work I complete my delivery assignments, assist other coworkers to complete their assignment as well and anything else that is needed. I learned about different supplies and areas of the hospital. The management at Grady Hospital can be stressful at times. The workplace has multiple diversity. The hardest part of my current position is dealing with different personalities. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I knowing that I'm helping our patients, doctors and nurses.
Pros
helping patients recover
Cons
no benefits
Grady is a nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
I worked with Aramark heath system at Grady Hospital Aramark was a contract company with Grady I really love working there I love working with health care to help with keeping the hospital clean and make sure everything is in the room that is needed and make sure all the call are taking care of.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
15 min breaks 30 mon lunch
Provides good job experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
System is working towards improvement but has definite room to grow with the nursing culture. Excellent coworkers for the most part. Opportunities for growth available.
Grady
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
I learned a lot working at Grady. I loved the diversity, excitement, and learning tools I acquired from Grady. There was never a dual moment there. It was always a chance to learn something new or be in a new clinic.
Pros
Education, diverse, great location.
Cons
Pay and no room for advancement.
Grady Health System is one of the best places to work in Atlanta
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
A great place to work. I have learned a lot working here at Grady. I have met so many nice and kind people here. It is a very exciting place to learn as well as meet people. We are like a family here at Grady.
Pros
Discount on lunch.
Cons
Lots of multi-tasking
I've been at Grady since I graduated from phlebotomy school
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
I trained here as a student and I LOVED IT!!!! I couldn't have trained at a better place. Management was as impressed with me as I was with them, after all...they trained me so how could they not want to hire me??
Pros
I trained here and I pretty much knw all of the clinics
Cons
New people people bring about new change and not necissarily for the better
customer services
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Over fifteen years’ experience as a customer service support including training, order entry, supervisor, payroll Client relations and production.....
N/a
Customer service (Quality Assurance) SSC Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2018
Management is unorganized and need re-organization. I enjoy accomodating the staff. I enjoy family oriented workplace. Very stressful environment and need more PTO hours per payperiod.
benefits
Cons
pay increase
Just don’t care about their staff
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2018
It’s depends only on the nurses and doctors. If your aren’t a doctor or nurse. You don’t get much out of it. As a CMA you will not utilize your skills. You will only triage patients and do nothing but administration work.
Pros
Drive
Cons
Pay. Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grady Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about