Grady Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Provides good job experience
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2018
System is working towards improvement but has definite room to grow with the nursing culture. Excellent coworkers for the most part. Opportunities for growth available.
Grady
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2018
I learned a lot working at Grady. I loved the diversity, excitement, and learning tools I acquired from Grady. There was never a dual moment there. It was always a chance to learn something new or be in a new clinic.
Pros
Education, diverse, great location.
Cons
Pay and no room for advancement.
Grady Health System is one of the best places to work in Atlanta
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2018
A great place to work. I have learned a lot working here at Grady. I have met so many nice and kind people here. It is a very exciting place to learn as well as meet people. We are like a family here at Grady.
Pros
Discount on lunch.
Cons
Lots of multi-tasking
I've been at Grady since I graduated from phlebotomy school
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2018
I trained here as a student and I LOVED IT!!!! I couldn't have trained at a better place. Management was as impressed with me as I was with them, after all...they trained me so how could they not want to hire me??
Pros
I trained here and I pretty much knw all of the clinics
Cons
New people people bring about new change and not necissarily for the better
customer services
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2018
Over fifteen years’ experience as a customer service support including training, order entry, supervisor, payroll Client relations and production.....
N/a
Customer service (Quality Assurance) SSC Lead (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2018
Management is unorganized and need re-organization. I enjoy accomodating the staff. I enjoy family oriented workplace. Very stressful environment and need more PTO hours per payperiod.
benefits
Cons
pay increase
Just don’t care about their staff
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2018
It’s depends only on the nurses and doctors. If your aren’t a doctor or nurse. You don’t get much out of it. As a CMA you will not utilize your skills. You will only triage patients and do nothing but administration work.
Pros
Drive
Cons
Pay. Management
learning
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
Great learning experience in a hospital setting. Co workers are great and very helpful with helping you learn new things.I havent had any bad experiences as of yet.
Grady is outstanding
Sterile Processing Technician (Lead) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 28, 2018
I’ve been working here for 8 years and it has been amazing. I’ve seen the transformations and we as a team make the dream work for Grady health system
good first job
Certified Nurse Midwife (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
I was at Grady for a total of 11years. I grew as a professional and loved the environement. I left after 6 years and was an fnp in a rural area and then returned for another 5 years because I missed mothers and babies.
Pros
academic environement
Cons
high volume
Steppinig Stone
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Grady. They never denied me opportunity to move up to a better position and were always supportive of advancement. I feel like most of the issues at Grady come from management. I have noticed that a lot of the managers are very "cool" which sometimes can hinder the company in upholding rules, regulations, and standards. On the other hand some of them are on the opposite extreme and are overly strict. There needs to be a better balance. Grady gets a bad rap but it's mostly because of the population we serve and the high volume. A lot of the patients that come to the ER are homeless looking for food and shelter or are drug dependent, which can sometimes can create a hostile environment. This leads to staff having to build a thick skin which sometimes carries over to servicing other patients that do not come from this type of demographic. The hardest part of the job for me was dealing with drug dependent patients that sometimes become very violent. This is a daily occurrence in the ER at Grady. Overall, I enjoyed my experience working here and I feel as though if you can make it at Grady you can make it anywhere else.
Pros
Advancement encouraged
Big hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 17, 2018
Love this hospital. Staff are great. Patient are very hardcore. Treating a lot of criminals. They get mean and nasty but the staff try really hard and are nice.
employees
Respiratory/Isolation Secretary (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 14, 2018
Rude staff and manger and I never in my life saw how nasty nurses can be to indigent patients until I came there. they all need to be fired except four nurses.
Easy
Senior Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
Not much to complain, only wished to be compensated higher. You have a 401k and health coverage is fairly decent. My manager is very flexible. Career advancement if you put in work and network.
Essential asset in the Greater Atlanta area
Radiology Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
Grady is the number one Trauma Center in the southeastern region. A pillar in the community when it comes to healthcare and Advanced Medical Technology.
Great experience , great staff
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
Grady has done a great job transitioning into the future of healthcare. The pay was fair, adequate benefits and discounts. The services provided are demanding but rewarding.
Rewarding Place to Work
Client Tracker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 10, 2018
The IDP (Infectious Disease Program) was an awesome place to work because the work was, and is, very rewarding. We had a great team. However, job security was non-existent because the clinic is grant funded and when the grant ends, the job has ended unless you can find something in that field right away. Unfortunately, the job position I held was newly created. Although I worked there for more than 10 years, I could not find another job with the title that I held...Otherwise, Grady IDP was a great job to have! I would work there again even if I knew I would be permanently laid off because the clients I helped in any capacity was well worth the experience.
Pros
We had lots of seminars sponsored by the pharmaceutical companies
Cons
No real job security
Grady Hospital
PATIENT ACCESS REP (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping patients and there love ones. I learned to be patient centered, team work. A typical day at Grady is very busy, seeing about 150 to 300 patients a day. The hardest part about the job is irate patients
Pros
great benefits, family oriented
Cons
short breaks, not enough staff
Grady health system help the community with no or little insurance who needed healthcare.
Behavioral Health Clinician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
A normal work day started out with a staffing to hear a report of what is going on in the unit for that day. The report is done then you perform vital signs on the clients, monitored ,and assess for nay psychiatric disorders while on the unit. If everything went well no medication for psychotic behavior but if there was a problem you had to assist with a take down to subdue the client for medication. Once the medication was given then you monitored the effects of the medications. If further assessment needed to be done then you assist security with transportation to GA. Regional or any other Psychiatric facility.
Pros
stae facility
Cons
not enough rsources to help the community.
I loved working at Grady. With any job it has its pros and cons.
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 5, 2018
I loved working at Grady. With any job it has its pros and cons. But I did gain a lot of experience, learned so much. I just would like to be in a different unit.