Grady Health System Employee Reviews

productive
EPIC APPLICATION COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2018
great pace to work, very diverse, and awesome learning and teaching hospital. Management in IT actually listen to the workers. The most enjoyable part is the flexibility
Eye opeing experience
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2018
Working with a hospital in a large city will challenge your patience and at time make you feel like what is going on here. But when you are able to assist and help the people and visitors of our great city it makes it all worth it. at time u are helping people have the worst day ever Like the mom who just battled through downtown traffic to see about here son who was helicoptered into Grady from a serious car accident or the daughter looking for here dad who had a heart attack on the marta train. u never know what the day has in store nut the fact that u can help people make it all worth wild.
Pros
life
Cons
loss of life
Grady
LPN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2018
It is not for everybody. Either you will love this place and stay or hate it and run away. Great place to learn. Great camaraderie amongst staff. There are a few bad apples here and there, but that is normal everywhere you go.
Working at Grady is a pleasure.
Floor Technician/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
A typical day at Grady is like an exciting adventure. To be more compassionate. The management is good also. Work place culture is great because we work down town. The hardest park is keeping the floors clean. The most enjoyable part is meeting different people.
Pros
The pros are great benefits.
Better workplace
Certified Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2018
Good workplace to work. The environment and work culture depends on the manager that is there at that time. Generally, Grady is a good place to work and sometimes there is overtime.
Stressful
Scheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
Management is useless, we rarely had any appointments available for patients who needed assistance, the patients couldn't receive a callback for further assistance
Great educational experience
Unit Clerk/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
You may know Grady as one of the nation’s best trauma centers. We save people who’ve been severely hurt in car accidents, industrial mishaps and other trauma incidents, 24/7. But there’s another side to us. The side that heals disease, cares for burns, corrects injuries, treats sniffles.

Our physicians, who are on the faculties of Emory and Morehouse medical schools, provide Grady patients with unparalleled care in specialties like cancer, urology, cardiology, neurology and chronic disease – as well as the more routine, like family medicine and senior care. And we provide this care at Grady Hospital and through 6 facilities inside and outside of the Perimeter.
Pros
Experience
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work. You have to be willing to learn and be pushed to your limit. The culture at grady is one of a kind. You will encounter people from all walks of life. Management at grady is forever changing its a challenge to work in such a large environment. The hardest part about working at grady is learning to navigate around the hospital.
Going Downhill. FAST!
Employed (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
Entirely too many changes by people that never actually DO the job.
They SAY they listen to us, but they don't.
The pay is ok, but when it comes time for a raise, that's a joke!
Good benefits all the way around
Nurse tech PRN
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2018
I can work up to 60 hours a week. We do receive shift differential, there are no benefits for prn employee's. The pay is not much. They do offer 4 hr, 8 hr and 12 hr. Shifts. Hiring process is very quick. You will start about 2 to 3 weeks later from interview date.
Pros
12 hr shift, 3 day work week, up to 60 hours a week
Cons
Little pay
My summary
POOL NURSE (Former Employee) –  80 Jesse hill street, Atlanta gaSeptember 5, 2018
A typical work day at grady is very busy, a nurse's focus is to deliver optimal care to the patients; the team work well together. I was a float nurse working from the nursing pool staff department, so I worked throughout the building, as an lpn nurse some of my duties included: draw labs, run iv abt medication, monitor blood infusions, monitor vital signs, hour rounds on patients, intake and output, heparin drips, draw specimens and cultures, administer injections (ex) Im, sub q, suctioning, run feeding tubes, tracheal tubes, naso, endo, drainage tubes,
Foley tubes, monitor chest tubes drainage systems, do time out procedures with md surgeons, monitor/document lines and drains, intravenous administration, pain management, wound care, patient care, transfers patients' patient assessments. I have worked in the client pods, the burn unit, labor and delivery, med surge units, cancer unit, immunology units, renal clinic, cardiac, gastroenterology unit, orthopedic unit and respiratory unit. These are some of the things that I learned how to do. The management team was good, they always kept the nurse up to standards and compliance. The workplace culture was always a professional setting. The hardest part of the job was resigning in April 2014 so I could go to back to school for my rn degree. The most enjoyable part of work was honing my skills at GMH, giving my best effort, caring for my patients and helping the team.
Pros
Learning and honing my skill set.
Cons
Short staff on units at times
productive and fun work place
STUDENT PHLEBOTOMY (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2018
productive and fun work place interacted with many people and was eager to be a help to the public. this job requires a person of compassion and kind heartedness.
Productive workplace
SR. HEALTH INFORMATION TECH (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2018
Prepare daily reports,second analysis and assist physicians with ESA training.
I prepared patients charts for intake and discharge, ran daily reports and prepared for team meetings.
Pros
Free lunch with workshops
Cons
Pay
Working at Grady is somehow good .
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 4, 2018
Grady is a good place to work at but some departments the managers there make the working environment awful especially for the foreigners. Other than that it is a good place.
Pros
Cons
Good break
The benefits were great.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Grady Health Systems at Crestview because it was my first nursing job. I learned a lot and the staff was willing to train me and made sure that I was comfortable as a new nurse.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short staff at times.
Great place
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
Busy workload but enjoyable. Great patients. Lobe the Grady cultures, better than any place I've ever worked. Good and fair market value salary. Love my manager and hours.
Very Bad Experience
Trauma Program Admin (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2018
Community-based hospital. Many people work there for 30 plus year.
Great medical teaching hospital. Poor communication and collaboration between departments. Each department function as an independent entity which makes it difficult when have to coordinate between department. The executive office seems unconcern about interoffice issues, they are more concern about the public perception of the hospital and not their staff.
Pros
located downtown Atlanta
Cons
No training, expectation without training is unreasonable, poor department management, low pay and raises.
Is
Epic Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 25, 2018
Grady is divided by Jr.'s and Sr.'s analyst. This culture is based on politics and not performance. Grady as an organization is innovation and on cutting edge of technology.
Love helping patients
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day at work I complete my delivery assignments, assist other coworkers to complete their assignment as well and anything else that is needed. I learned about different supplies and areas of the hospital. The management at Grady Hospital can be stressful at times. The workplace has multiple diversity. The hardest part of my current position is dealing with different personalities. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I knowing that I'm helping our patients, doctors and nurses.
Pros
helping patients recover
Cons
no benefits
Grady is a nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
I worked with Aramark heath system at Grady Hospital Aramark was a contract company with Grady I really love working there I love working with health care to help with keeping the hospital clean and make sure everything is in the room that is needed and make sure all the call are taking care of.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
15 min breaks 30 mon lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grady Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Grady Health System.

Powered by Comparably