GRAEF Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
No comments
Lead Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 6, 2018
Good company to work with and work environmental is good. Worked on different projects for multiple states including IDOT, Illinois tollway and Wisconsin DOT.
challenging and rewarding
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2017
enjoyed working for the local branch, did not like being sub out to the main office in Wisconsin. Good communications with branch management and in house engineers.
Pros
location and office environment
Cons
Lack of Marketing coordination
It's all about balance
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 9, 2017
It's a great feeling to be able to go to work and do something rewarding and fulfilling. I find this at GRAEF and do it with great people. The struggle is there for all of us...the balance between home and work life. My schedule and work load is manageable more often than not, which makes it easy to give extra when the demand is there.
Great place to work with strong leadership and clear vision for the future
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 20, 2017
Having worked several full-time professional jobs in many industries, I can say with certainty that GRAEF is a great place to work. I look forward to coming to work every day, and enjoy what I do. The workload can be overwhelming at times, but there are also quieter periods to counter the busy times. I've learned to take advantage of the slow periods, which I can do because GRAEF offers flexible schedules and generous PTO.

There is also a robust wellness program, offering on-site fitness classes at an extreme discount, cooking classes, health coaching among other great benefits.

The people are also very nice. Everyone looks out for each other, and it is a friendly environment, which encourages longevity among employees. We often celebrate anniversaries of people who have been here for 20, 30 of even 40 years!

Leadership has a great vision for the company's future, and there is a lot of transparency within the firm.
Pros
Employee-owned, great wellness program, strong leadership
Cons
Sometimes overwhelming workload and difficult to share projects with others
Great People and Great Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 18, 2017
The people at GRAEF really make work enjoyable. There a lot of ways to get involved and get to know your co-workers through after work events, lunch and learns, sports teams and leagues.

The benefits are excellent including flexible schedules, wellness program, paid time off, and competitive salaries. The wellness program goes above and beyond the normal insurances. There are discounted fitness classes, personal training sessions, wellness coaching.

The best thing about GRAEF is that I can have a flexible schedule which is really great to keep my life in harmony. I am grateful for that.

Management is great. They communicate well with the staff.

Overall, it is a great place to work.
Pros
Onsite fitness classes, great salary, flex schedules, generous PTO, great people.
Cons
Not always enough time in the day to complete everything.
Graef
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 17, 2017
I have been with GRAEF for almost 6 years and I am so proud to say that I work here. The flexible hours is a huge benefit. GRAEF has been so supportive when I've had to unexpectedly change my schedule due to family health issues.

Great benefits. Good company culture. Feedback and comments are always welcome.

My favorite part about GRAEF is the people. I love my coworkers.
Pros
Work/Life balance, Co-workers, Culture
A place to build a career
Manager (Current Employee) –  MilwaukeeApril 17, 2017
GRAEF provides a flexible work environment. We try hard to accommodate personal schedules.

There is a lot of support for professional development - internal seminars, external seminars, conferences, classes.

Staff really do what they can to help each other learn from each other and share their knowledge to help each other grow.

We celebrate long term anniversaries (20, 30 and even 40+ years) here on a regular basis. Many people choose GRAEF as a place to grow their careers and a place where they could see themselves retiring.

We have on site fitness classes, healthy cooking classes, sports and golf teams, opportunities for group social outings. This includes everything from bowling to dragon boat racing. We also often get together to work on charitable events like Hunger Task Force or Habitat for Humanity projects.
Pros
Great support of professional development opportunities, on site fitness classes, investment in employees
Cons
Consulting
Good Mix of Work and Great Co-Workers
Landscape Architect (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 6, 2016
GRAEF is an outstanding firm that truly cares about its clients and employees. The mix of work is good, everything from commercial to institutional to education.

The most enjoyable part of any position at GRAEF is the opportunity to mingle with co-workers both at work and after hours.
Graef
employee (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 14, 2015
I have been here for a while and seen many changes some good some not so good.

Typical day at work is coming in and doing work you have. Nothing out of the ordinary there. GRAEF does have flex time - core hours are 9:30-3pm and you can complete the rest of your hours pretty much anytime. Work schedule is definitely a plus.

Looking for advancement - not so much here. GRAEF is pretty top heavy. You can advance but you almost have to find your own niche.

Co-workers are nice.

GRAEF does offer chair massages, yoga twice a week, pilates once a week and core exercise class once a week. There is a workout room in basement. Good healthcare coverage.

Work/life balance is decent until there is a big deadline or if you are a project manager or into business development then you are working a ton. I know several people consistently working 70 hours a week although they do know show it on their timesheets.
Graef - Excellent company to work for
Project Manager/Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 4, 2015
Excellent upper management, good company culture. The Florida office is small when compared to other companies of the same industry. Therefore, one is tasked with more duties than in other companies. Salary is small when acknowledging this.

Office manager is excellent person to work for. All other employees in the office are friendly and work great together.
Long hours with very little in return.
Plumbing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 29, 2014
No a very good work experience. Worked long hours with very little in return.