Graham Packaging Company Employee Reviews

Upper Management
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  York, PaJuly 14, 2018
Upper Management at the York Plant thinks the hourly workforce are bottom feeders. Behind closed doors they make fun of the hourly workforce. They discriminate against employees with disabilities. The top manager has no clue as to what to do. If you want to learn how not to be a manager just watch the top manager.
Pros
The hourly workforce.
Cons
Upper Management.
Fast Paced
Utility Technician (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIJuly 11, 2018
This is a great job to work at if you are fast paced and problem solving. 12 hour shifts are always available if you are willing to work. Great management.
Don't Even Think About It
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 9, 2018
Management will hold you accountable for things beyond your control or are the respobsibility of other departments. Don't waste your time. Turnover here was off the charts. 3 Different Plat Managers in 1 year.
Nice an friendly
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Prattville, ALJuly 5, 2018
I always get to work about 30 minutes early. Clocking in an get my Forklift ISP sheet ready an check to see if everyone has there supplies. Take a trip to the warehouse to see what is going out for the day an check all ben location to see if production qas good for the night.
generally a good place to work depending on shift
Utilities Technician (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 28, 2018
supervisor doesn't like women or those with alternative lifestyles; they do not make decisions in a timely manner; clean and organized working conditions; rotating shifts without guaranteed hours
Decent pay, bad management
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJune 27, 2018
Corporate does not care about their people and it is reflected by lower management. Would not recommend anyone work here. Graham has laid off or fired most of their employees with over 20 years experience, mostly to save money.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Bad upper management, bad health care plan
Productive work place. Teaches experince. Fun to work at
Sidel operator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working at this plant. Great co-workers. Excellent management. Provided great hours. Steady work that would allow you to advance in placement.
n/a
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJune 7, 2018
Graham packaging has tested my ability to adapt and problem solve. I have learned that I have the ability to evolve to my job's demands and raise above the tasks at hand.
Graham is ok
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 5, 2018
Graham is not a bad place to work. Ice is provided for the employees and some good dining areas. Machines are not maintained as needed,The system is not set up with a temperature maintained environment as needed so the temperature and air flow has to always be adjusted for the bottles to be made properly. Overall not a bad place to work and pay is good considering the pay of other operations in the valley. This place needs more structure in dealing with employee issues and process improvements would help greatly.
Pros
Good place for learning new skills
Cons
Upper management not in touch with production needs.
Visual Inspector (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 31, 2018
Graham Packaging in Cartersville is a fantastic place to work. Great people and great work culture. A company that cares about employee well-being and safety.

Want to know more about Graham Packaging Company?

Ask a question
Realy bad place to work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMay 24, 2018
Absolutely the worst place to work at. Management pushes their employees way to heard and they are very rude and disrespectful. Rrdiculously fast paced environment. Low pay and very poor benefits. Management could care less about you, Some supervisors understand but the understanding ( nice supervisors) get fired. Very high turn over rate. Most of their Employees are alway very rude and yyou dont get any training. They just throw you on a job.They bring in a bunch of Temps to help them get caught up and get rid of them within a short period of time, many of them are fired the first day.
Pros
Cons
I was a tenp worker.
Fast paced environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 22, 2018
Hot environment. Worked hard towards quality objectives. Management pushed to hard with not enough concern for employees. Third shift employees did not have the proper tools to complete the tasks assigned.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYMay 19, 2018
Good place to work. Most plants are well run. Work place ulture depends on the plant/ BU you are in. Hardest part of the job depends on your position in that there may be a lot of work to do outside of normal hours on your own time.
hired full time left go 7 mo
Electrician/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  West Hazleton, PAMay 15, 2018
multiple breakdowns continuous lack of parts training program non existent work not hard but hi stress level machine just fixed so production can continue
Nice productive work environment with friendly people and staff
General packer/opertor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 14, 2018
I love the job.graham packing is a job that I someone can easily climb up the latter if you work hard enough at it and if u love your job they provide you with as much overtime you need
Pros
You could become a operator if u learn quick
Cons
Work days and nights no permanent staff
Working in the warehouse
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, ILMay 10, 2018
I used forktrucks to pick up package items from conveyor belt & records the items on worksheets, store in locations rows in place, and loading trucks.
Pros
half hour lunch break, 20 minutes break between break times
Cons
Still stressfull areas
Friendly enviroment but unstable work security.
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 8, 2018
Fast paced with a lot of required cross training. Flexible work schedule. Small facility with shortage of office space. The hardest part of the job was the ever changing management team and looming threat of having unstable work security.
Very nice people
Systems Room Tech (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 5, 2018
I wish I could stay, but 1/3 of the workforce is being laid off end of May. I love my job and my boss. The people there are very nice to work with. I don't have any bad feelings about this company.
Awesome
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 4, 2018
If it is still open this is a great place to work. Not sure how much work they currently have as I worked there a long time ago but it was a great place and great people.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Great Company
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 26, 2018
Really enjoyed working here. Great people and great leaders. Pay and benefits were outstanding. If I didn't move to another state, I'm sure I'd still be there. Top notch.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graham Packaging Company. Our community is ready to answer.