Graham Packaging Company Employee Reviews

Negative culture encouraging putting others down to lift yourself up.
Blow Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Terrible place to work if positive re-enforcement is your thing. Pay is better than most relative to position but benefits, or lack thereof, even things out. Hostile environment with constant threat towards job security.
Management cares only about themselves and nothing about the company or employees
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Florence, KY PETJanuary 6, 2019
Management is horrible, will not try working with anyone, very narrow minded, no direction or recommendations but get on you for making the wrong decisions. If you can ignore the very poor management and the 12 hour shifts then the job wouldn't be bad as the pay and benefits are the only positive.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very poor management
Great Management at the Bowling Green Ky Location
Assistant Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 2, 2019
I was the assistant to the Controller. Assistanced with an Audit with Employee Records and Financial Records for the Bowling Green Ky Location. This job was a contracted position and was completed early. Would work for the company again in the future.
fast paste and stressful work place but great hours
PROCESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 31, 2018
so much is expected out of workers and management is ignorance of the atmosphere and problems that take place on the floor. but some of the workers help each other and the production supervisors are helpful and understanding for the most part. schedule is great, basically work half the year without extra overtime that is always available and its either straight days or nights.
Challenging and safe place to work.
Process Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Altavista, VADecember 28, 2018
Good place to work with lots of opportunities. The plant is going through another expansion which creates a lot of opportunities for those wanting to grow their careers.
productive
Electrician Maintenance Department (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LADecember 26, 2018
all my coworks were great it was just the enviroment that was difficult; extremenly hot and the shift work was very difficult ; very physcial work and time demanding
Pros
bathroom
Cons
usually out of toiilet paper
Very productive here plus having fun doesnt hurt.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PADecember 17, 2018
I do not have time to write the essay sorry. This place helped me out alot that now I dont get nervous anymore. The day go fast honestly, and I love working so I was working hard. Still just went fast, I love this place
Pros
Great people, stag is amazing, the work becomes fun, safe, goes by quick
Cons
Cant think of anything
Good paying job.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VADecember 12, 2018
A good place to work. My typical day consisted of Supervision of 20-30 employees I learned a lot about the production of plastic bottles. good Safety record.
Need better management
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Selah, WADecember 8, 2018
Shift workers are good to work with, but management is post poor at best. Supervisors have there own agenda, pitting the 3 shifts against one another..
Pros
Good benifits, good pay
Cons
Bad managment, cut throat envirnment
A stiff uptight environment
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  North Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2018
A typical day a Graham Packaging is so exhausting. The constantly work you 1 hour shifts all week long. The training is not the best and the bottle machine operators are very rude.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Open schedule

Want to know more about Graham Packaging Company?

Ask a question
What a great working environment
Maintenance technician (Current Employee) –  Graham, KYNovember 28, 2018
It looks like a great place to work. I hope I can work there soon. I sure do need to get back to working. What a great job it will be. The best I would say so.
I would recommend it highly to any one looking for a good career.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 28, 2018
over all it is a great place to work. pay and benefits are good. work environment is friendly and mellow. it can be fast pace and stressful at times but very rarely.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
work hours are 12 hour shifts.
Management is horrible
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VANovember 24, 2018
Worked there 15 years. Started out as Owens Illinois. It was great then. Really good people and Management actually cared. 2 1/2 years later, Graham bought out the division I was in. It's been steadily declining since then. Good people to work with. You either get absolutely no direction from managers, or micro managed into oblivion. They neither wish to hear the truth, or do something about it. I worked hard there as a Lead Maintenance Technician, but the only way you can get ahead is to be an absolute sycophant. The people that know what they're doing, get more work, and the people that don't keep their jobs or get promoted. Had some health issues my last 4 years there, had a heart attack, and other things. Think they would understand or show a little loyalty to me? No. Absolutely not. They probably would have made an exception for me if I wasn't one of "those people " who tell the truth, and do their job.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Management sucks, benefits suck.
Good work place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  York, PANovember 24, 2018
Enjoyed working with company has great benefits.great place to work...company where you can learn develop and grow...great room for advancement.love this company
Meat Grinder. INSANE management turnover!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 22, 2018
Without doubt THE worst company I have wver worked with. Say one thing...do another. Honor is not paramount, and often absent. Safety record due to employees refusing to report incidences. Insufficient finances for a plant with such a huge EBITDA. ZERO EHS staff on site for a plant of well over 100 employees.
Pros
Salary fair for the immediate area.
Cons
ZERO work/life balance- can’t even take vacation out of country without being pestered.
very fast pace but learning.
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHNovember 20, 2018
I learned a lot but the scedule is to up and down at times. the lack of management ( supervisors ) caused a lot of bad issues and uneeded problems and I would not recomend working for Graham.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
very fast pace and sometimes overwhelming
Years ago it was fun.
Warehouse Clerk/Shipping & Receiving/Forklift (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 12, 2018
When it’s a busy season it’s very fast pace.I provided the daily shipping schedule with the Bol’s and filled out load sheets for [fifo] with the location to pull from. Otr drivers have a sign in sheet and I directed them in the correct dock to be loaded. Made sure all safety advise use attched before forklift went into trailers. I learned how to do a accurate inventory every month for raw materials and finish goods. I seen a lot of management come and go. I got along with all workers and bosses.The hardest part of my job was sorting labels that arrived on mix skids. I really enjoyed working with the customer.
Lots of favoritism was shown at this place.
Blow Mold Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MONovember 9, 2018
The pay is good. Poor management and lots of favoritism being shown. Some employees get treated very unfairly. Company layoff regularly. Old and outdated equipment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of layoffs, poor management, unfair treatment for certain employees
Amazing Company
Office Admin (HR Assistant) (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 25, 2018
I have worked for this company going on 2 years now and been in HR for almost 1 year. This is honestly one of the best places that I have ever worked. I would definitely recommend anyone to work here. The management team is amazing and definitely puts the employees first. Hourly employees are free to voice their concerns or opinions and are listened to. As well as making suggestions on how to make certain processes run smoother, faster, or better. Everyone is treated with the highest respect. It is a professional work environment in all departments. Very clean and bright place to work.
Place sucks
Process Mold Technician l and ll (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 23, 2018
They run bad product and blame the operators. Front office is garbage no one know what the f is going on. They lie about people being injured and fire who they want unless you're buddy buddy with the top dogs dont even try working here. Place is corrupt af
Pros
Everyone blazes in even people in managment
Cons
Schedule they dont give a fk about you or your family. Management corrupt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graham Packaging Company. Our community is ready to answer.