Graham Packaging Company Employee Reviews

perfect job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  500 warehouse york,paJune 25, 2019
My typical day at Grahams packages was putting away boxes ,every 30 mins we switch stations and I would also make sure that the robot was working correctly.

I learned about the setting of the robot. I liked the management . My only complaint are about the breaks. The hardest part of the job was standing around when the machines were down and staying awoke

I appreciated that the company did let us have free time at times.
Pros
free tome
Cons
breaks
Productive and safe workplace
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJune 24, 2019
I had a lot of experience working at Graham packaging company and loved the job title I had there. Also the most O loved about the job everyone was team players and got the job done in a timely manner.
Lied to
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 22, 2019
After I was hired on with a agreed pay rate in writing I was later lowered to a lesser position and pay reduced when they became short staffed. No trust
Warehouse
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 12, 2019
To load and unload 53ft trailer and 57ft trailer with the product that they need for that day. Move trailers around the yard for loading and unloading. Supervised about 5 employees on the night shift to make sure that we got the loads out and had them come back in.
Not enough time on job
Senior Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 11, 2019
Not enough time on job to make any determination. Currently on a 6 month project to image new computers on a project roll-out. Installing software applications and Active Directory management of computers.
Stay away from the Mason plant!
Wheel Operator (Former Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 11, 2019
The plant manager is not fit to be a leader. He has bad temper, very unprofessional, and can be a bully toward his workers.

They run this plant like it's their first day on the job.
Stuff that make sense, this management will do the opposite.

Dont waste your time here.
Pros
Free steel toe boots. Later gave it to a homeless man
Cons
Plant manager, job training, and everything else.
Stressful not enough hours in a week
Relief utility operator (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 7, 2019
It was stressful and you don’t get 40 hours every other week and the pay isn’t that good for what they make you do they work you like a dog and night shift was always short handed but yet they always seemed to send people home because they didn’t want to pay them instead of helping other employees out. We always had people leave after the first night because it was to boring and nothing to do and doing nothing for 12 hours sucks and little pay when next door to graham is jasper and they made up to $20 an hour and we were making $12 and we do a lot more work. They say you will get overtime but for the past 4 months there hasn’t been any overtime at all and we don’t get to work Holliday’s we always shut down and you don’t know if you will be working that night.
Pros
Benefits, insurance every other weekend off
Cons
Lack of communication, short handed
Stacker/ Packer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 4, 2019
Working here was very fast paced and goal oriented. I had to do so many things within timeframes that I made sure I completely efficiently. This job taught me to be more organized, patient, and have a better work ethic.
Fun Place to Work
Recycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 2, 2019
Quality Control Manger was a great trainer and he knew what it was like to be on the floor. The training in the back (palletizer) knew the job completely.
Pros
Training
Cons
Weekend work
Great
Injection operator (Former Employee) –  Selah, WAMay 30, 2019
Loved it learning something new everyday challenges you to apply yourself not just a sit around job and let the day go by you’re always on your toes..
Stressful
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sturtevant, WIMay 27, 2019
Constant management changes, lack of care for hourly employees, lack of communication. Company was bought out twice on a 9 month period and couldn't settle on management to this day
Pros
close to home
Cons
Hours, management
Decent work place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 25, 2019
Pretty decent company, but have the slowest forklifts in the NATION....makes it very hard to keep up when your lift only goes max speed of 7mph.....totally understand the safety aspect, but that is taking it way too far.
Pros
Breaks, Pay, Ot
Cons
Slow forklifts!!!
An Average day in Management
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 23, 2019
Long days due to the amount of meetings, all Managers were expected to attend every meeting. Proactive on Gimba Walks that we did daily, documented well and follow up was verified corrected. I enjoyed the Lunch and Learn meetings, productive meetings and a meal was served during the meeting.
Productive and good work environment
Constant Extrusion blow mold Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 20, 2019
Relaxed but fast paced work day . Learn every aspect of the job. Great relationship between employers and employees. Good union. Birthday paid off! Plenty of overtime if wanted and not forced!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Can be messy at times
Good place to work.
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hazleton, PAMay 19, 2019
Opportunity to grow and you're trained for different machines. The pages are very good. They gave you plenty of hours. They certify you for forklift if you are running forklift machines. And they are very nice people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Manager suck just threw you in like you knew the job already
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZMay 15, 2019
Employees complain About everything too new employees is like they don’t want them there , i got train the first day the lady helped me for at least 15min then just left me without training me she went too do another position. She couldn’t even speak English as well
Pros
Paid break time
Cons
30 minutes break time employees talk bad too you
Union job great pay
Blow Mold Mechanic/Blow Mold Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2019
Pay was good because it’s a union shop.
There is career advancement from assistant to mechanic.
They pick white people over blacks for advancement.
The older guy take the overtime usually.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Good old boy system
Nice environment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 10, 2019
Loved working there. Friendly people, nice manager's, always room to improve. Started out as a down line palletizer operator. Moved up quickly like within 2 months.
Pays fairly good but, that is all. Terrible in all other areas. No balance from work to home and seniority ruled in every situation l.
Machinest (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 8, 2019
Pays hella good but fails at everything else and in every way. No balance of home and work and not too safe if certain situations come about. Seniority rules in every way, which isn’t bad, unless you are the bottom on the Rosen pole..
Pros
Hella pay
Cons
Fails at everything else
Good place to work but there are issues..
Forklift Operator and Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2019
I like the job it’s just the culture and one Supervisor that got a big head because this his first supervisor position... The employees that have been there for years are always complaining about the new employees instead of showing them Exactly what needs to be done to correct their errors if any.
I like the job just needs lil improvements.
And that would make it a great place to work Honestly
Pros
Pay, benefits, work 4 days a week at the most.
Cons
Can be sent home if the production is low that day with no notice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graham Packaging Company. Our community is ready to answer.