Graham Windham Employee Reviews

Not worth it
Permanency Planner (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 9, 2018
Poor leadership and management, unsafe, little career advancement, underpaid and overworked. I do not recommend this company. Kids are great but unhealthy work/life balance
Pros
Kids that you help
Cons
Underpaid and unappreciated
Stressful environment but supportive teams
Foster Care Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 27, 2018
The job is stressful due to the large caseloads and deadlines that involve court dates, parent contact and endless paper work. The Graham Windham team is lovely, they are supportive and a great team to learn from. The management was great they are patient and flexible and do a great job in training new comers. The hardest part of the job is time management especially with so many children to look after for one case worker and having to be in multiple places at once. In addition being in court can be quite intimidating because of dates and events that are discussed and having to testify. The children are adorable and precious, and the parents and foster parents can be difficult to manage and work with.
Pros
Positive work family, the children who depend on you, benefits
Cons
Hectic schedules and tasks, no work life balance, endless paper work
Very fun place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 25, 2018
It waa very buy there. We always had something in front of us that had to get done. We would pick up on people slacking on the job. We had to be able to lift 100lbs
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
Two breaks
Productive work place
Health Care Integrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2018
For the most part I had a good time working at Graham Windham. Graham Windham gave me a great start in my professional world. I met a lot of wonderful people who I learned a lot from. The staff at Graham Windham are really sincere about their clients and would go above and beyond the line of duty. Unfortunately I had to relocate and as a result I left the company. I would refer anyone to work for Graham Windham.
Pros
Health fair are available to employees
Cons
Short breaks, being reinburst for travelling expences, Free breakfast and lunch during staff meeting
Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2018
Not a good environment people are not very nice, management is horrible, work place is tension filled, advancement only if you know people, Benefits are good.
Enjoyable
Family Team Conference/Case Planning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYJuly 5, 2018
The location that I am at is very relaxed and comfortable. We're like a family even with me being the newest worker. My supervisor is easily accessible and does not micro manage but is able to assist when needed.
Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 15, 2018
As an intern , I was immersed in the educational aspect of foster care. I engaged with foster parents ,birth parents .students school administrations among others . On a typical day I could visit two or three schools to check on the progress of the students and to get an general outlook of what was going on for them academically. In the event of a crisis the supervisor of education would lead the advocacy efforts to quell or correct the issues .The hardest part of the job was time management, and what i enjoyed most about the job were the training i attended. Participating in the training allowed me to feel like I belonged , because I was acquiring some direct practicing skills .
Pros
Free training opportunities
Cons
Not enough time to take advantage of all the resources the organization had.
Pace Setter, Innovative and Evolving with the community served
Supervisor (Social Services) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
Nurturing, proactive and continues to show their pace setter position amongst other social service agencies in the community. There is a symbiotic relationship with the NYC/NYS Agencies and always on the cutting edge of innovative ideas in the service to the clientele.
Pros
Always eager to improve staff welfare
Cons
Workload
Great place to work at
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
Graham windham was a very pleasant place to work at. My experience of course was unique as I was able to work with a great team who always looked out for each other and worked as a team. Best supervisor ever.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 1, 2018
Graham Windham is an Amazing Place to work. There are so many dedicated employees that make great colleagues. There are really supportive Supervisors with strong expertise.
It has absolutely been one of my favorite places to work in the social work field!
Productive, low supervision
Supervisor of Parent Support (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2018
Very productive, but was low management and supervision. I enjoyed the events that I organized. The culture was not good. the good part was reuniting families.
Pros
Reuniting families
Cons
Low management and Supervision.
Waiver Service Provider
Waiver Service Provider (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
worked per-diem as waiver service provider. chose cases i wanted to work and worked hours the met me and clients schedule. had monthly meetings for WSP's, but i couldn't make most.
Get your experience
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYMarch 3, 2018
If you can work here you can work anywhere. At the end of the day, leadership really needs to take a good look in the mirror at how poor they are with providing staff with the support that they need. Leadership is about themselves they do not listen to their professional staff with years of experience. We are working with traumatized children. Some of the cottage staff trigger the children. When we voice our opinions, frustrations, and way of improving the culture we are ridiculed. Leadership can do anything to a staff and the campus president supports and protects them.
Pros
working with the kids, beautiful campus overlooking the hudson
Cons
no raise only bonuses and the bonus is based on popularity, poor work culture, secondary trauma, high turnover
If I were you...dont apply here
CASE PLANNER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 22, 2018
I'm telling you, don't apply! Working here brought out a negative side of me due to the lack of support, cut throat work environment, and nobody having your back. Office full of phony, manless, boring women. It was the WORST!!
Good experience.
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Working at Graham Windham was challenging and demanding and great for someone entering the community for public services. Co-workers were dedicated to the services required.
Educational environment with much diversity and culture.
EFL Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Had private adult non native English students. From all walks of life and from all of the 5 NY, Boroughs. Had freedom to preach lessons that i saw as important and very very educationally relevant to today's environmental concerns : Ocean pollution and the Green house Effect.
Pros
Exciting location, great staff, motivate students. great cross cultural eateries.
Cons
no much time to meet with students after class.
enjoy working in the summer
Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
very well had fun working with kids in the summer because we got to go on trips with the kids and also learn about them we got to go to the park with kids also.
Great consulting job
Independent Consultant, Program Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2018
Overall it was a great consulting job. I learned a lot. Some of the staff were not very supportive. They were not very secure and did not appreciate what I was doing for them.
Pros
The pay was great.
Cons
It was short term employment.
Great Place
Recreation Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 29, 2018
Great Job!!!! I love working with Kids!!!! The staff is awsome!!!!!!The normal day. Its no such thing working with youth...Looking for a Challenge!!!! Looking for Growth!!!!
Productive work place
Staff (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 21, 2018
Staff members are kind. Tried their best to create a safe and fun workplace for children who are in elementary and middle school. Very kind to parents