Graham Windham Employee Reviews

Interesting and easy place to work
Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYNovember 21, 2018
-Graham Windom Is a very interesting and stressful place to work most definitely challenging but at the least Graham has provided me with different job skills that I did not have the opportunity to have before . It has also given me the opportunity to do a lot of volunteer work .
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
25%taken away from everyone, Not enough pay, Stressful
Great place to work and healthy environment
Sr. Evening Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2018
Love every minute of working for this organization. They live by the mission statement that they advertise. well structured program and great stem programs as well as a great athletic program
Pros
Excellent Organization the organization speak volumes
Cons
Time to obtain certain licences
Excellent experience for someone new to the counseling field
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 30, 2018
Job is flexible but demanding at times. Great clinician team support. More support needed for staff and residents. Ongoing training for staff is beneficial
Pros
Flexibility and great clinical team
Cons
more support from administrative staff
School is trash
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 30, 2018
i dont like it , its very unorganized. the managers are okay. the workspace is very clean. the staff there are very unproffesional they do not care about their jobs.
Tremendous work load with support from management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 26, 2018
Great place to work. Management is supportive and they provide assistance to staff members as needed. There is a tremendous focus of training and the agency spends time, effort and money to provide ongoing trainings for staff members every quarter.
Basic Work Environment
Case planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2018
In addition to teaching, I have worked as a case planner to advocate for families, either for academic, social or medical purposes. I also ran workshops while managing a caseload of 15-30 clients while conducting home, school and court visits to ensure that my client’s needs were met in a timely fashion. I am certified as a parenting journey facilitator as well. This workshop focused on parenting skills development. This process used self- exploration, reflection and awareness to look into childhood experiences to understand how to be a better parent.
There are many child welfare programs to choose from and you can move around
program supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2018
The agency works hard to deliver good service to the children and families. The workers are dedicated and work very hard to give the families the services needed.
Pros
merit bonus
Not worth it
Permanency Planner (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 9, 2018
Poor leadership and management, unsafe, little career advancement, underpaid and overworked. I do not recommend this company. Kids are great but unhealthy work/life balance
Pros
Kids that you help
Cons
Underpaid and unappreciated
Great work place
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 1, 2018
Great place for a case planner. But I am seeking else where maybe Administrative positions and, or Paralegal.
I am pleased with the experience I gained at Graham Windham.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Health care.
Stressful environment but supportive teams
Foster Care Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 27, 2018
The job is stressful due to the large caseloads and deadlines that involve court dates, parent contact and endless paper work. The Graham Windham team is lovely, they are supportive and a great team to learn from. The management was great they are patient and flexible and do a great job in training new comers. The hardest part of the job is time management especially with so many children to look after for one case worker and having to be in multiple places at once. In addition being in court can be quite intimidating because of dates and events that are discussed and having to testify. The children are adorable and precious, and the parents and foster parents can be difficult to manage and work with.
Pros
Positive work family, the children who depend on you, benefits
Cons
Hectic schedules and tasks, no work life balance, endless paper work
Very fun place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 25, 2018
It waa very buy there. We always had something in front of us that had to get done. We would pick up on people slacking on the job. We had to be able to lift 100lbs
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
Two breaks
Productive work place
Health Care Integrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2018
For the most part I had a good time working at Graham Windham. Graham Windham gave me a great start in my professional world. I met a lot of wonderful people who I learned a lot from. The staff at Graham Windham are really sincere about their clients and would go above and beyond the line of duty. Unfortunately I had to relocate and as a result I left the company. I would refer anyone to work for Graham Windham.
Pros
Health fair are available to employees
Cons
Short breaks, being reinburst for travelling expences, Free breakfast and lunch during staff meeting
Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2018
Not a good environment people are not very nice, management is horrible, work place is tension filled, advancement only if you know people, Benefits are good.
Enjoyable
Family Team Conference/Case Planning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYJuly 5, 2018
The location that I am at is very relaxed and comfortable. We're like a family even with me being the newest worker. My supervisor is easily accessible and does not micro manage but is able to assist when needed.
Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 15, 2018
As an intern , I was immersed in the educational aspect of foster care. I engaged with foster parents ,birth parents .students school administrations among others . On a typical day I could visit two or three schools to check on the progress of the students and to get an general outlook of what was going on for them academically. In the event of a crisis the supervisor of education would lead the advocacy efforts to quell or correct the issues .The hardest part of the job was time management, and what i enjoyed most about the job were the training i attended. Participating in the training allowed me to feel like I belonged , because I was acquiring some direct practicing skills .
Pros
Free training opportunities
Cons
Not enough time to take advantage of all the resources the organization had.
Very productive work
Director of DYCD Beacon Programs (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
Its was a great place to work. The executive staff are very supportive. The agency is a foster care agency that care deeply about the children and the family that they serve.
Pros
Very High Quality Agency
Cons
Not enough funding to do the type of work they would like to do
Pace Setter, Innovative and Evolving with the community served
Supervisor (Social Services) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
Nurturing, proactive and continues to show their pace setter position amongst other social service agencies in the community. There is a symbiotic relationship with the NYC/NYS Agencies and always on the cutting edge of innovative ideas in the service to the clientele.
Pros
Always eager to improve staff welfare
Cons
Workload
Great place to work at
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 21, 2018
Graham windham was a very pleasant place to work at. My experience of course was unique as I was able to work with a great team who always looked out for each other and worked as a team. Best supervisor ever.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
BEHAVIORAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 1, 2018
Graham Windham is an Amazing Place to work. There are so many dedicated employees that make great colleagues. There are really supportive Supervisors with strong expertise.
It has absolutely been one of my favorite places to work in the social work field!
Productive, low supervision
Supervisor of Parent Support (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYApril 24, 2018
Very productive, but was low management and supervision. I enjoyed the events that I organized. The culture was not good. the good part was reuniting families.
Pros
Reuniting families
Cons
Low management and Supervision.