Graham Windham Employee Reviews

this job was my second job
AFTERSCHOOL PROGRAM GROUP LEADER (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 26, 2019
I had fun I was working with kids and taken them out to work on life skills like riding bikes taken them to the park and playing games eating lunch and having fun with them
Pros
free lunches
Cons
needed more trips
Amazing team of dedicated instructors
Afterschool Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2019
Graham Windham was a dream job for me in college. I earned a livable wage for a young college student and got to be a valuable asset to the community and in the lives of countless young people, many of whom still reach out t me for counsel.
Pros
Fun, never dull, work environment
Cons
Middle school students are often naturally recalcitrant
Great Part-Time
Waiver Service Provider (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 24, 2019
I has been pleasant to work as a part-time Waiver Service Provider at Graham Windham Bridges 2 Health for over 6 years. This job has allowed for me to continue my practice within Social Service.
Foster Care burnout
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 31, 2018
Child welfare in foster care environment can be highly stressful and at times challenging case loads. The challenge for me was the overload of the case management and time needed to ensure work and personal family had a good balance
Pros
good benefits provided
Cons
Management, challenging work/life balance
It ok
Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2018
Had a good experience working at Graham. The co-worker were very helpful and willing to assist in what they could.I enjoyed being able to assist parent in reuniting with their children and also assist children in obtaining permanency in their life.
Pros
Friendly co-worker
Cons
Lots of work however very compensating
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYDecember 1, 2018
administration uses a team approach and is supportive. They are a very diverse culture which allows for growth both personally and professionally. The hardest part of the job is that the work is never done which can cause extensive work hours.
Pros
Free meals during all trainings
Cons
Line staff lack of professionalism
Interesting and easy place to work
Supervisor Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYNovember 21, 2018
-Graham Windom Is a very interesting and stressful place to work most definitely challenging but at the least Graham has provided me with different job skills that I did not have the opportunity to have before . It has also given me the opportunity to do a lot of volunteer work .
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
25%taken away from everyone, Not enough pay, Stressful
Great place to work and healthy environment
Sr. Evening Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2018
Love every minute of working for this organization. They live by the mission statement that they advertise. well structured program and great stem programs as well as a great athletic program
Pros
Excellent Organization the organization speak volumes
Cons
Time to obtain certain licences
Excellent experience for someone new to the counseling field
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 30, 2018
Job is flexible but demanding at times. Great clinician team support. More support needed for staff and residents. Ongoing training for staff is beneficial
Pros
Flexibility and great clinical team
Cons
more support from administrative staff
School is trash
Cafeteria Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 30, 2018
i dont like it , its very unorganized. the managers are okay. the workspace is very clean. the staff there are very unproffesional they do not care about their jobs.
Tremendous work load with support from management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 26, 2018
Great place to work. Management is supportive and they provide assistance to staff members as needed. There is a tremendous focus of training and the agency spends time, effort and money to provide ongoing trainings for staff members every quarter.
Basic Work Environment
Case planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2018
In addition to teaching, I have worked as a case planner to advocate for families, either for academic, social or medical purposes. I also ran workshops while managing a caseload of 15-30 clients while conducting home, school and court visits to ensure that my client’s needs were met in a timely fashion. I am certified as a parenting journey facilitator as well. This workshop focused on parenting skills development. This process used self- exploration, reflection and awareness to look into childhood experiences to understand how to be a better parent.
There are many child welfare programs to choose from and you can move around
program supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 12, 2018
The agency works hard to deliver good service to the children and families. The workers are dedicated and work very hard to give the families the services needed.
Pros
merit bonus
Not worth it
Permanency Planner (Former Employee) –  Hastings-on-Hudson, NYOctober 9, 2018
Poor leadership and management, unsafe, little career advancement, underpaid and overworked. I do not recommend this company. Kids are great but unhealthy work/life balance
Pros
Kids that you help
Cons
Underpaid and unappreciated
Great work place
Case Planner (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 1, 2018
Great place for a case planner. But I am seeking else where maybe Administrative positions and, or Paralegal.
I am pleased with the experience I gained at Graham Windham.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Health care.
Stressful environment but supportive teams
Foster Care Case Planner (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 27, 2018
The job is stressful due to the large caseloads and deadlines that involve court dates, parent contact and endless paper work. The Graham Windham team is lovely, they are supportive and a great team to learn from. The management was great they are patient and flexible and do a great job in training new comers. The hardest part of the job is time management especially with so many children to look after for one case worker and having to be in multiple places at once. In addition being in court can be quite intimidating because of dates and events that are discussed and having to testify. The children are adorable and precious, and the parents and foster parents can be difficult to manage and work with.
Pros
Positive work family, the children who depend on you, benefits
Cons
Hectic schedules and tasks, no work life balance, endless paper work
Very fun place
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYSeptember 25, 2018
It waa very buy there. We always had something in front of us that had to get done. We would pick up on people slacking on the job. We had to be able to lift 100lbs
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
Two breaks
Productive work place
Health Care Integrator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2018
For the most part I had a good time working at Graham Windham. Graham Windham gave me a great start in my professional world. I met a lot of wonderful people who I learned a lot from. The staff at Graham Windham are really sincere about their clients and would go above and beyond the line of duty. Unfortunately I had to relocate and as a result I left the company. I would refer anyone to work for Graham Windham.
Pros
Health fair are available to employees
Cons
Short breaks, being reinburst for travelling expences, Free breakfast and lunch during staff meeting
Horrible
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 7, 2018
Not a good environment people are not very nice, management is horrible, work place is tension filled, advancement only if you know people, Benefits are good.
Enjoyable
Family Team Conference/Case Planning Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYJuly 5, 2018
The location that I am at is very relaxed and comfortable. We're like a family even with me being the newest worker. My supervisor is easily accessible and does not micro manage but is able to assist when needed.