Grainger Careers and Employment
Work happinessScores based on about 1,254 responses to Indeed's survey on work happiness
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working®, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We're proud of our people-focused culture that has been active for more than 95 years. We have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working.
We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone as an individual. We lead diversity, equity and inclusion from the top as more than 30% of our board and executive leadership are women and more than 30% are racially diverse.
We’re looking for passionate people to join our 23,000 team members worldwide and move our company forward. Find your way with Grainger at jobs.grainger.com.
There are 2 Grainger jobs close to Ashburn, VA. You can check out other available jobs at Grainger.
Salary estimated from 6.2K employees, users, and past and present job advertisements on Indeed.
Loading and Stocking
Employees at Grainger have reported receiving these benefits. They will vary by role and location.
Pros- Decent pay with good benefits and compensation.
Cons- Managers at this location did a poor job handling alot of things going on . Culture and environment not good. Company displaced me and most of staff in my department. Offered me opportunities at other locations far away . Because of Family obligations at the time , I could not relocate and take advantage of them .
Lots of interviews and 1-1's everyday. Lot's of calls you have to make a day. If you thouroughly enjoy sales then this is the perfect position for you. Can be stressful...
Job is great for work life balance. Nice incentives and benefits. Goods job to have if you are a self start and know how to manage your time. And can work independently for the most part
Awesome job great pay good environment fast paced but great opportunities within the company good chance to grow and move up within your career development and other characteristics are attainable
The managers expect too much of the employees and we never had a guaranteed time to go home. There was no work and home balance. My job was actually enjoyable until I had a supervisor who was overly controlling over a team that was already doing fantastic. The management doesn't see that she drove many employees away and ruined one of the best teams at Grainger.
What would you say about your employer?
People have asked 253 questions about working at Grainger. See the answers, explore popular topics and discover unique insights from Grainger employees.
Insights from 618 Indeed users who have interviewed with Grainger within the last 5 years.
Past Work History
Straight forward text book questions, how do you deal with a co worker you don’t like, how do you handle problems, 10 questions total, 5 from 2 different supervisors.
For National Accounts there is a panel interview at the corporate offices. Generally National Account positions are looked to first from their internal "bench", as promotions. During this panel interview, they required a "sales pitch" which should incorporate value based selling, including customer value proposition, conversation, and negotiating.
Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues
- Professional developmentExplore skills and training, pay raises and promotions and management and culture.
- Mission and valuesExplore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on.
- PTO and work-life balanceExplore PTO allowances, work-life balance and flexibility and parental leave.
- Work from homeExplore work from home during COVID-19, remote work support and work-life balance.
- Parents and caregiversExplore parental leave policies and other benefits, company culture and general support.
- Internships and graduate programsExplore support and satisfaction with programs for new and emerging graduates.
- COVID-19 responseExplore leadership during COVID-19, working conditions and WFH support.
- Accessibility, Disability and AccommodationExplore employer support and available accommodations for people with disabilities.
- articleWhat’s it like working at Grainger?Published on May 24, 2021