Grainger Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,509 reviews matching the search See all 1,820 reviews
Constant reorganization
Senior Sourcing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJuly 21, 2018
Too many full time jobs going overseas & part time only. Endless reorganization and job loss to tenured employees. Employees forced to take pay cuts to keep their jobs. In recent years, Closed many US and Canadian locations, from coast to coast. Benefits and pay better than competition. Beautiful Headquarters building, with many amenities.
Pros
Cons
Too many full time jobs going overseas, Endless reorganization and job loss to tenured employees, In recent years Closed many US and Canadian locations from coast to coast, Employees forced to take pay cuts to keep their jobs.
Solid Company
Onsite Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Midland/OdessaJuly 21, 2018
*Typical day involves servicing accounts.
*I've learned to manage client inventories.
*Management is supportive.
*Workplace culture is typical for a corporate, publicly traded company.
*The hardest part of the job is navigating the vast cyber world of Grainger.
*The most enjoyable part is operating autonomously and being recognized for a job well done.
Pros
World's largest industrial supply company.
Cons
Usual politics.
Great Company
On Site Representative (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 21, 2018
Great Company to work for, supportive team environment. Supportive management that listen to your opinion and want you to have a great work/life balance.
Well paid, but undervalued
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJuly 20, 2018
Benefits and pay are great. But the feeling of being replaceable is there. It is hard to move up sometimes and reorganization happens often. Sometimes take steps backward instead of learning from past mistakes on process management.
Drive for success
Cash Processing Admin (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 19, 2018
Grainger is a great place to work. Everyone has the same goals and we get the job done. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, Saturdays are required 2-4 times per year.
• Early morning start times are required, as early as 5:00AM.
• Must be able to stay late or work overtime as requested.
• The work requires repetitive arm, hand, and finger movements.
• The work requires sitting at a mail extraction machine or desk for lengthy periods of time.
• Moving mail trays will require light lifting (less than 10lbs).
• Heavy volume days require the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• The work requires PC interaction for lengthy periods of time.
Pros
Team building activities
Cons
Working the day after Thanksgiving
Great place with great benefits
Distribution Associate (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJuly 17, 2018
Decent pay if you stay for a couple years.
Benefits are great. Hours are questionable depending on your position. Also depending on your position will determine if you are a life time, part time employee or full time employee.
Great place to work, with advancement opportunities.
Phone Service Agent (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 17, 2018
They offer full time hours with a set schedule. No nights or weekends required. Competitive pay and benefits. They offer paid training, and are continually evolving.
Benefits
Cons
Few locations to move
Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 16, 2018
A lot of changed going on within the company. A lot of new competition driving Grainger to have to make price cuts. Good company but focused on the bottom line.
Great people to work with.
Category Manager - Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 16, 2018
I had an excellent manager and she made Grainger a great place to work. Once the organizational changes stabilize, Grainger will be amazing company to work for.
The very best place to work
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 15, 2018
Grainger provides awesome opportunities for growth and development. Every team member lives by the mission, vision, and values. Overall, the management is the absolutely best in terms of creating a culture where team members can thrive. I've learned how to excel in my field, how to lead people, how to influence without authority, and be a consultative coach while at Grainger. Work/life balance is a struggle- Grainger demands a lot from team members, especially the hard working, dedicated ones. The organization is 100% focused on customers and team members. Overall, one of the best places to ever work!
Pros
Development, flexibility/remote work, Management
Cons
Work/Life balance, compensation
Fast Pace Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJuly 12, 2018
I could of use more hands on training with a one on one person at different time to help with my advancement in the company. Need more team effort at my location in Alsip, seems to be a problem with team work. The branch manager is about team work and is working on improving this issue.
Pros
Diverse environment
Cons
part time position
Grainger Employee Experience
Customer Experience Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 12, 2018
Grainger is a world class organization that promotes and practices diversity and inclusion. It is a place where everyone feels a part of the team, regardless of how long you've worked there.
Ever changing work environment
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJuly 11, 2018
I learned a lot of work skills during my years there. I got to work with a lot of great people.
The company had a great benefits. I enjoyed working for this company.
Benefits
Cons
Changing management often
Best Company in the world
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 11, 2018
Grainger industrial is the greatest company you can work for. They provided me with all the tools to succeed and provided options to move up. They care for their employees and surround you with goal driven, kind, people.
I liked working at Grainger! When I first started working here it was a great company!
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJuly 11, 2018
I worked there for 21 years. I advanced quickly, and was on the safety committee, and I was a trainer. I was trained on many jobs and could do most any job there. I helped make many changes that helped the company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Company changed for the worst
I loved the environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 9, 2018
*Decent Pay
*Great hours
*Wonderful Benefits

*They need to work on communication between the branch and headquarters

*They need to not have favorites and hold everyone accountable
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication
Productive and fun work place.
Machine picker and customer service associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 8, 2018
Great staff, helpful when its needed. management is sharp typically and it's an over all good work environment. Fast pace work and you learn a lot about customer service and products that they sell.
Pros
Good pay, good management, decent hours
Cons
short breaks, lack of communication
Grainger
Sourcing Specialist - 2006-2017 (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILJuly 1, 2018
Grainger is a very professional company. It provides opportunity to grow and develop. It strives to promote diversification in the workplace. The benefits are very generous. Thank you Grainger.
Poor leadership
Manufacturing Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2018
Working for Grainger was a learning experience. While I greatly enjoyed my position and my customers, I feel direct management lacked the proper skills to manage a team of account managers. I did not feel that I was given a fair opportunity to succeed and was constantly being threatened by the loss of my job. While I do feel I had great support from my team members, I do not feel I had the support or guidance from direct manager.

I do believe I could have done really well in my position if I would have been given a real opportunity.
Pros
Services and products
Cons
Poor management
It was fun but not anymore
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Patterson, CAJune 25, 2018
Before Grainger relocate to Patterson from San Jose. Grainger was the greatest place to work. Its so engaged with each other even management team. Our pay raise quarterly. We have one year monetary reward.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
stressful quality