Grainger Employee Reviews

Found 1,563 reviews matching the search See all 1,882 reviews
A Great Company
Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILSeptember 20, 2018
Grainger is a Great company to work for. They have great benefits and they do pay fair. However, many of the thing that one needs to be content depend a lot on upper management. In sales, the metrics are high, the pace is fast and they don't give a lot for you to develop your own business. How they want you to do it, in a cookie cutter fashion. But if you are successful, you do have great recognition. You must however play by their rules in order to advance your career.
Would recommend Grainger to a friend or family as a great place to start a CAREER.
Onsite Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro/Winston/VASeptember 19, 2018
Grainger gave me an opportunity to succeed at everything that was required of me. Grainger taught me how to be detailed oriented, proactive, and successful.
Pros
Career advancement, salary, benefits, Paid time off, ethical work environment
Cons
It is a great company, however the quotas are too high and the salary on the low side.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 17, 2018
They are a great company however with the advent of Sales Force they focus too much on the metrics and not enough on sales time.
I like the culture and management style.
Pros
Great corporate culture
Cons
they throw too much at the sales force and set unrealistic quotas
No lay off, Compensation starts day one of employment,work tell work is completed
Consolidate Small Parcels (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXSeptember 11, 2018
The company it self is incredible and the facility is very nice, high trend of turnover was ongoing with employees and managements, culture is not high held expected ,2 years worked there enhanced my ability as strong ethic warehouse associate nothing more , no room for advancement unless you locked into buddy system
Pros
45 minute lunch (1) 15 minute break
Cons
You know time to start but know only at late part of shift what time getting off
Great
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Patterson, CASeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at this warehouse the environment is oriented and managers are very collaborative. It is fast however everyone works together. They do training and updates and are very serious about safety.
busy and stressful
TEMP WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CASeptember 5, 2018
long hours. lot of heavy lifting. try meeting your quotas and no slacking off. if you do then you will never make it there and be successful. good luck
Leadership lacks class
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 3, 2018
The culture the leadership present sounds good but lacks class in actions. There is no true care about team members in any of their actions, making for a an unbalanced work/life culture.
OK place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, ILAugust 30, 2018
Very Fast paced stressful environment. Constant Management and Process changes. Very good Benefits, and Employee Pay, Headquarters building nice environment.
Great Place to Work
On site Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 29, 2018
Work at your own pace based on customer needs. I learned how to deal with different personalities and provide them with what they wanted when they wanted it. my management team is very helpful in providing me with the tools to get my job accomplished in a timely manner. The culture is very laid back, but fast paced at the same time. The hardest part of the job is time management. Getting the weeks tasks done in 40 hours or less. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my teammates and the support we provide to one another.
Pros
work on your own schedule
Cons
Crunching time
A place to learn
Order Management Specialist, Grainger, Panama (Former Employee) –  PAAugust 29, 2018
This company was a great place to learn a lot from them and it helped me in my professional career with financial and analytical situations inside the company.
Healthcare Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 28, 2018
Grainger is a good place to work for some people. They are not a progressive comapny...more reactive. Meet some great friends and customer while working there.
Great company to work for
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILAugust 27, 2018
Grainger is a great company to work for, hands down.
Can become tedious and repetitive if you don't apply yourself and push to train in different departments/advance.
Pros
Great pay for the job, great benefits and a company the 'generally' cares about its employees
Cons
Its warehouse work. Can have long hours and mandatory overtime when busy
Ok place to work!
CSR Rep (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIAugust 27, 2018
Great environment to work in!! Great benefits and opportunity for advancement. Great management teams. Easy and engaging training classes. Great pay!! You will learn lots about company products and catalog.
Pros
On site lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Three Stars
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 26, 2018
In order to move up in the company, it's not what you know, it;s who you know.The managers only are concerned with the employees meeting their metrics such as dials and minutes. Many employees have stated that they feel that they are telemarketers. There is a high turnover rate.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Little room to move to management within company
Culture changed over last two years
On Site Representative (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAAugust 26, 2018
When I started with Grainger the attitude was all about customer service, but in the last couple years it has changed to meeting matrix. Management does not care if you have had sales growth with your accounts but if you do not meet certain matrix then you do not get good reviews.
Pros
They leave you alone to do your own work
Cons
Poor Management
Safe and Productive operation
Process Manager (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSAugust 23, 2018
Exceptional culture which provided opportunities for advancement. Fast past environment with 100% safety focused. Enjoyed the daily challenges and the satisfaction of getting the customers their product. Management always put the team members first and customers always.
Wow. Just horrible
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2018
You work 12+ hrs a day 7 days a week. Its never enough. When RSVPs are around management preaches work life balance but when they are gone you are expected to do nothing but work. There is no family time with Grainger. They could care less. You take time off but emails and phone never stops. Outside looking in it seems great but once your in its horrible. You cant get any help they always just blame you
Cons
Leadership
Grainger is an awesome place to work at.
Customer Experience Rep (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85283August 22, 2018
In comparison to my other jobs Grainier is levels beyond. Good benefits, Nice profit sharing, Nice 401k. I am very satisfied with my experience at Grainger.
Benefits
Cons
Laidback
Call Center
Inside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 21, 2018
I worked for Grainger for almost 2 yrs. And in that time I saw more new managers than I could count. In the beginning I was told that my accounts were my book of business and to run it how I felt. Not true. This place is just another call center. Management positions are given to people who know someone, and not based on their proven track record.
Pros
Health Benefits, 401K
Cons
Call Center
Great environment and benefits
Credit Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WI 53545August 21, 2018
Grainger has great benefits, especially vacation benefits. If employees are willing to learn, they offer great opportunities for personal and career growth.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grainger. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

69out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Grainger.

Powered by Comparably