Grainger Employee Reviews

Found 1,661 reviews matching the search See all 2,002 reviews
Trainer horrible
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Macedonia, OHJanuary 15, 2019
I was in training and they let me go after 6 weeks stating I wasn’t fast enough. I was thrown in to a busy time and the trainer was no help at all. All she did was complain and told the supervisor. I was let go a week for Christmas, which I feel was not so nice thing to do so to someone trying to support their family. More training should have been offered and a new trainer.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Did not give long enough training and the trainer was rude
Good place to work with good benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Management easy to work with and for. Customer service can be stressful at times. You have a variety of tasks to break up the day. Small team so you really need to rely on your co-workers. Teamwork is a must.
Pros
Manager and supervisor easy to work with
Cons
Not compensated appropriately/Can be micro managed
Field Support Specialist
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Inter act with inside sale and vendors, great experience. A company with integrity that provide and prepare individuals for corporate. Culture was assurance in creating purpose and a future for you and your family.
Pros
Dependable, assertive with opportunity
Cons
changing something that was not broken...
Customer Experience Supervisor-Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 13, 2019
Great place to work, work hard play hard, fair and supportive. Pay for performance company with a long history of growth, success and integrity with a strong focus on customers.
Team Member Experience Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 13, 2019
Grainger is a great place to work. The compensation and benefits are best in class. Grainger has a very inclusive culture. The company is very proactive and you can develop your career in whatever area you're interested in.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Most HR jobs are Chicago based.
Great company but bad building management
Warehouse Picker (Current Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJanuary 12, 2019
The company had good benefits such as profit sharing 401K and medical(only had a $300 deductible). That's about it. For a warehouse job, it does pay pretty well.

The building on the other hand, that begs to differ. Management is overburdened and is inconsistent as far as policy goes. My supervisor has no clue in my opinion of how to pick and how it works which to be honest is scary. A lot of politics as well with favoritism and really not much room for advancement.
Pros
Pretty good benefits, time off
Cons
Management is bad, favortism
Busy with great atmosphere
Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 11, 2019
Fantastic managers, employee-focused leadership, great benefits. Grainger trates everyone extremely well, always fair. Fantastic company to work for:
Benefits, advancement, understanding management, paid time off.
Pros
Excellent management, paid time off.
Cons
Entry level jobs often part time.
Ethical Car Dealer
Inside Sales-BDC (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJanuary 11, 2019
A car dealer that delivers. Not a typical car dealership, but many of the traditional Dealership Services and Procedures. Continually attempting to improve their performance and delivery. Challenged to provide Service to seemingly unrealistic Customers, Grainger always bet over backwards for any customer.
Pros
Ethical, Fair, Customer Centric
Cons
Unreasonable Customers
What was once a fantastic culture is fading...
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 9, 2019
It's hard to argue the company performance. Fantastic financials and dividends. So if you are an investor you will continue to be happy. Unfortunately, Grainger used to be a very employee-centric organization as well as a financially successful company. That part of the "culture" of Grainger has sadly faded with an in-flux of leadership with very different integrity. Still probably a great stop in your career journey just don't stay too long.
Pros
Market leader. Competitive value proposition
Cons
Leadership
Great team, like family!
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 9, 2019
Grainger was a great career for me, and I met lots of wonderful people who will be friends for life.

I was fortunate to have many years and multiple positions within the company to give great versatility for my resume. I would have stayed longer, but our customer service moved to another state, and I was not willing to relocate.
Pros
Great caring team.
Cons
Much micromanagement, quotas, and less personalized customer service
Great Career Starter
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 9, 2019
The company is a great place to start to out to build your customer services skills. They offer work from home and are open 24/7, 365; hours so your work hours can be flexible. If you challenge them or attempt to make changes and you're not friends with your leads you won't get ahead.
employees
DC Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2019
Do what you are asked to do, work in a timely fashion, be safe, be sure to report all accidents no matter how minor. Very corporate.
I really enjoyed the people I worked with. They were family.
Fun happy and awesome environment
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 9, 2019
Management is sincere and dedicated. Always changing but an always happy. Low turnover. Lots of room for advancement but hard to achieve. Success paths are visited regularly.
Pros
People and environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Not comfortable providing.
Account Manager - Commercial (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Constant changes that are not for the employees benefit.
Too many process and procedures taking time away from customer interaction.
Mgmt's words are "if you do not like it, you can go."
I do not feel comfortable providing further info.
Pros
Working remotely
Cons
Not comfortable providing.
Great Place to work
Field Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 7, 2019
great place to work.
Great company and great management.
Need more versatility in job listings outside of chicago.
pay is fair as well. I really enjoy grainger.
It was a good company and the benefits were great. I just could not do the hours and have a normal home life with my family.
COF Packer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2019
It was a great company with awesome benefits. I think the management needs more training on how to handle being in charge of people. And the hours needed to be better for those of us with a family who is active outside of the home.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
H.O.T Overworked and underpaid!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Fountain Inn, SCJanuary 5, 2019
I've had good jobs and bad jobs...this place by far is one of the worst! The bins are extremely hot! I mean HOT...passing out hot! The co-workers are stand-offish and some are downright rude and hateful! I was told a set of work hours when I was hired, but quickly found what I was told was not reality. I was employed fir 3 months and in that time 2 supervisors left and 10 employees...the turn over rate is at 54%. That should tell you something! There are no breaks, just a 25 minute lunch. Long walk to the break area. They constantly harass you about production and errors so you better be near perfect and do it fast! It's very discouraging to try to improve when they are writing you up for every error and low numbers. They say safety is #1 but it felt like numbers were more important.
Pros
No weekends, free steel toed shoes
Cons
Long hours, low pay in comparison to the labor, the heat, no breaks(1 lunch break at 25 minutes), long walk from work area to break area, few paid holidays
Bad place to work
Small Parts Assembler (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJanuary 4, 2019
I would never recommen no one to work there. They lie to u about the job and the turn over there! U are over worked and under paid!!! Work life balance is trash!!!
Pros
401k plan
Cons
2 breaks in 10 hour work day
Good work environment, fast paced
Sales representative and office administration (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 2, 2019
This was a wonderful learning experience. Learned a lot about a fast paced environment with emphasis on customer satisfaction. Learned SOP and SAP through this position.
Pros
Great environment and management
Cons
Stressful
Manage several accounts weekly maintain organize and provide solutions to customers
ON SITE SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 1, 2019
Managed a large geographical area from New Haven Cuba and Downtown St Louis Mo. Responsible for customers supplies ordered through Grainger at designated areas assigned.
Pros
Flexible schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grainger. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Grainger.

Powered by Comparably