Grand County School District Employee Reviews

For a part time job, it fit.
Tutor/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTJuly 5, 2018
My job was not that of a full-time teacher. I worked in the after-school program helping students who were struggling and getting left behind; students who had learning problems and needed more help. The people I worked with were fantastic. The job is very limited and but fulfilling. The atmosphere and attitude that infiltrated our area could not have been more conducive to an upbeat feel throughout.
Pros
Excellent people to work with - in the after-school program
Cons
working with the families
great experience teaching
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Moab, UTDecember 9, 2017
I feel that I am making a difference in the lives of high school and middle school students. I have had a long career in non-profit management and love the chance now to help people on a one to one basis
Rewarding experience working with like minded teachers and traininers
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTNovember 30, 2014
Main focus for this review is the middle school age group.

Teachers understand their population of students very well. The special education department impressed me with their concerns for those students who were struggling with their studies. They went the extra mile to help many students.

At risk students were given support and encouragement to catch up with their peers. Each student was treated as an individual and with respect.

The environment was open and friendly, and it made the work flow that much more enjoyable. The principle was fair and had a balance about her that you don't see that often in many non- educational settings.
Pros
The students and the teaching staff
Cons
Could use more technological training equipment for students
Awesome Technology Department
Intern for GCSD Technology Department  (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTJuly 1, 2013
Everyday is different, one day i could be working on projectors the next i could be on help desk answering phone calls from staff that need my help around the district. I have learned to be able to breakdown important information from staff that are frantic that their computer is not working. I have learned the right why to talk to people and how to make them feel better about technology. The most enjoyable part was being able to work there for 7 years and to get to know everyone and that the staff could trust a student to help and teach them.
A nice little school district
District Technology Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTJuly 16, 2012
This was a great place to work. I loved being part of a smaller community.
The folks at GCSD are superb. All were so friendly, so eager to learn and so concerned about the well-being and education of our future generations.

I had some great co-workers. A team of better people would be hard to come by.
Pros
excellent work environment
Cons
due to size and budget, not a lot of room for advancement. remote location