Grand Rounds

Grand Rounds Employee Reviews

United States20 reviews
N/a
I prefer not to answer this question. When I left it was for personal reasons as well as changes that took place right before I left. Loved working here and they are flexible.
I love what Grand Rounds stands for.
Grand Rounds does care about their clients. They will do what it takes to get the job done. The team at Grand Rounds is very easy to work with. I would still be there if I wasn't Laid off.
Too good to be true
Lots of promises, then you get setup to fail. Lack of training then you get blamed for not knowing it. Inconsistent guidelines Depended on someone's opinion on how things should be done. Mgrs make you feel inadequate. Lots of promises that do not pan out. Unrealistic expectations, extreme amount of stress. Definitely geared toward the 20-somethings.

want you to have a work-life balance but expect you to work 12 hours a day. you have to carry a laptop everywhere with you. The day-to-day work atmosphere was like walking on eggshells never knowing what I was going to do wrong today.
Young start up, many management problems
New managers all three time, not supportive . Claimed work like balance but putvso much pressure there was no way you couldn’t work 12 + hours a day. Unclear expectations. Definitely geared toward the 20 something, “grunge” crowd. Promised a lot, didn’t deliver.
Best place
Typical day is answering phones, creating accounts for members, providing the services they need. Trouble shooting when needed.
All inclusive culture.

Management is amazing.

Pay compensation is wonderful and benefits.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Fantastic culture, lackluster everything else
The culture that is grown and encouraged at Grand Rounds is unlike any other company that I have worked for, that being said that is pretty much the biggest pro. Some of the big cons to be aware of are: unequal/unfair pay, extreme amounts of stress and pressure to get things done before a very tight deadline, revolving management.
Ok place to work
Very comfortable work environment. Easy work. I would go back. But they treat their temps like outsiders. Took our holiday pay days before the holiday. Wouldn’t hire us to move up instead hired outside.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Boring work. No chance for advancement
If this is what Silicon Valley culture is like, they can keep it
Managers have no managerial training and are just winging it; their primary goal is to ensure that they remain in “power.” 2-3 times per year, it seems, new layers of management/admin are added throughout the company. The company has been re-organized/restructured frequently. Day to day work atmosphere was oppressive and dictatorial. I was hired with the understanding that I could contribute to the then-new company in a meaningful way, but it turned out that what they really wanted were yes-men.
Pros
Mission is great, product delivered to patients is as high-quality as it gets.
Cons
Managers inadequately trained, little opportunity for career growth
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Grand Rounds?
Great mission, values and ideals
My heart and soul was in this company, I shared our mission and values with such passion that I assisted in building our great and ever expanding family with quite a few referrals. 12 hired to be exact, 7 in my first year and a half, the rest hired on this year and more on my referral board still.

However, as a whole I believe the organization could work on more training opportunities for both management and in the development of their employees from entry level roles to the top... As everything trickles down and everything grows...... I do not feel there is enough of this in all roles. More development time and opportunities for staff.\

Remote employees need a better understanding of team approach and feel. It is often shared the feelings of folks remote (in home remote, or site to site remote in role/department) how there is a lack of team feel, and this can become overwhelming, and start to impede on work understanding, ethic, moral, or just general understanding between co-workers/departments.
Pros
Value from CEO, VP is felt, Mission amazing, culture of helping others and being family (site specifics) felt.
Cons
Loss of team feel w/remote work, Lack of skill development, Needs better policy guidelines of PIP's
Good opportunity
Dynamic start-up environment - roles and responsibilities change frequently. Some of the managers are poorly trained/lack preparation and coaching to support their direct reports.
Amazing people doing great things
Inspiring mission that is definitely impacting people's lives and their access to quality healthcare. If you are looking for making a difference in the world, this is a place to be. Want to be creative? Join and don't look back.
Great Staff and Friendly Environment
Grand Rounds is an easy and fun place to work. If you are good at making multiple outbound calls, and are a good people person this is a great place for you. You never have to be afraid to ask questions; there are Google Hangouts connected to each Grand Rounds in the USA, an overseer on sight, and friendly staff wiling to help. Starting pay as a temp is $14.50 an hour; and if you get hired on full-time it goes up from there. The kitchen is full of free snacks and drinks for everyone no matter if employed full or part time. The only downfall is there is a little separation between permanent and temporary employees.
Pros
Great staff, free food, resonable hours, good pay
Cons
Separation between permanent and temporary positions
Mature and maturing young company
Scaling company positioning itself for growth and sustainability. Growing pains in all departments as all are maturing. Technology stack currently going through changes. Young management and may need more training for sustainability. Lots of growth for early career individuals. If you come for a structured work environment, be prepared for ambiguous conditions as a lot can happen in one year. Overall, fun and intelligent individuals to work with. Opportunity for growth.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Intelligent Culture
Cons
No 401k matching
Careful what you wish for
Amazing company culture, but the bottom line is if you're looking for a job with advancement and stability this is not the place for you. They are a San Fran startup that is competing with NUMEROUS players in the market. They're trying to transition in to a much larger machine and they are having more than a hard time doing that. They have a great product, but it's not going to market well because of the cost of their solution.
Pros
Great culture, great people
Cons
instability, uncertainty, constantly in flux
Great company with positive mission struggling with growing pains
Strong company culture and altruistic mission, but they are transitioning from a startup to a larger machine and shifting focus to bottom-line decision-making that is starting to cause uncertainty and affect employee morale, who are accurately concerned over sincerity of internal communications and job security.
Pros
Great mission, benefits, company culture, charismatic CEO, time off policy, frequently catered lunches
Cons
Little job security, insincere management who look out for themselves over their employees, constant changes in direction and workflow that make it hard to establish a rhythm in your work.
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong table, fully serviced kitchen with complementary food and drinks.
Cool place to work for the most part. The company is only a few years old and is rapidly changing. What was new today is old tomorrow. Loved the people, culture and mission. Overall a great experience with "the cure for modern healthcare".
Pros
Fully stocked fridges, beer, wine, excellent benefits and insurance
Cons
start up, prone to change, employee management disconnect, lack of transparency
Typical day at work is calling offices and hospitals to collect medical records for our patients and then indexing them in a organized fashion for our experts to then write a second opinion.
Great place to work!
Fun and outgoing group of people.
The work in itself is rewarding.Helping patients is everyone's primary goal.

Company offers great benefits to its employees.
A great job, But the management was very secretive and was not great at helping out their employees and fired many without saying anything in advanced
At first this job was amazing, the culture, the atmosphere, the fellow team members, all amazing. Until they opened a new location on the east coast and they fired a bunch of employees without notice and did not feel bad about it. The boss actually just left voicemails on everyones phones.
The perfect continuity of health care company
Grand Rounds took the best care of their employees that I've ever seen and experienced. They believe if the employees are happy, well rested and taken care of, then they work better, hence a better company all around! I love that I was able to learn about the medical field and what it's like to work so closely with patients and the medical facilities. I was able to learn about certain diagnoses and work closely with the physicians to talk about the case. This company has the best people in the city working for them and everyone is SO understanding and supportive of each other and our personal lives it's a little mind blowing. (kids' birthday parties, birthday dinners, "care team lunches" etc.) The hardest part of this job was probably becoming emotionally invested in a case. At this company we have many different cases with different patients, with different diagnoses. It's hard sometimes to hear a patient talk about the pain they're in or their dissatisfaction with a Dr. or a procedure. The one thing I absolutely love about this job was, this company truly admires, and appreciates individuality. They did not treat any two people the same. They were very understanding of life and the circumstances that may come up. For example, my daughter has epilepsy and ANYTIME I needed to leave for her, there were no questions asked. I was able to work from home when my daughter was sick and never lost any hours at work. They equipped me with everything I needed to work from home, and at the office. I love this company. I would support them all the way.
Pros
Free lunches, team outings, fully stocked kitchen (coffee, tea, snacks, breakfast etc), personal desk, laptop, personalized sweaters and gifts every season, free shirts
Cons
none.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Rounds. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight