Grand Rounds Employee Reviews

Amazing people doing great things
Director Learning & Development (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 29, 2018
Inspiring mission that is definitely impacting people's lives and their access to quality healthcare. If you are looking for making a difference in the world, this is a place to be. Want to be creative? Join and don't look back.
Great Staff and Friendly Environment
COS Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lewiston, ME 04240February 18, 2018
Grand Rounds is an easy and fun place to work. If you are good at making multiple outbound calls, and are a good people person this is a great place for you. You never have to be afraid to ask questions; there are Google Hangouts connected to each Grand Rounds in the USA, an overseer on sight, and friendly staff wiling to help. Starting pay as a temp is $14.50 an hour; and if you get hired on full-time it goes up from there. The kitchen is full of free snacks and drinks for everyone no matter if employed full or part time. The only downfall is there is a little separation between permanent and temporary employees.
Pros
Great staff, free food, resonable hours, good pay
Cons
Separation between permanent and temporary positions
Mature and maturing young company
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Scaling company positioning itself for growth and sustainability. Growing pains in all departments as all are maturing. Technology stack currently going through changes. Young management and may need more training for sustainability. Lots of growth for early career individuals. If you come for a structured work environment, be prepared for ambiguous conditions as a lot can happen in one year. Overall, fun and intelligent individuals to work with. Opportunity for growth.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, Intelligent Culture
Cons
No 401k matching
Careful what you wish for
Sales (Former Employee) –  MidwestAugust 10, 2017
Amazing company culture, but the bottom line is if you're looking for a job with advancement and stability this is not the place for you. They are a San Fran startup that is competing with NUMEROUS players in the market. They're trying to transition in to a much larger machine and they are having more than a hard time doing that. They have a great product, but it's not going to market well because of the cost of their solution.
Pros
Great culture, great people
Cons
instability, uncertainty, constantly in flux
Great company with positive mission struggling with growing pains
Physician Services Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2017
Strong company culture and altruistic mission, but they are transitioning from a startup to a larger machine and shifting focus to bottom-line decision-making that is starting to cause uncertainty and affect employee morale, who are accurately concerned over sincerity of internal communications and job security.
Pros
Great mission, benefits, company culture, charismatic CEO, time off policy, frequently catered lunches
Cons
Little job security, insincere management who look out for themselves over their employees, constant changes in direction and workflow that make it hard to establish a rhythm in your work.
Productive and fun place to work with ping pong table, fully serviced kitchen with complementary food and drinks.
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 17, 2017
Cool place to work for the most part. The company is only a few years old and is rapidly changing. What was new today is old tomorrow. Loved the people, culture and mission. Overall a great experience with "the cure for modern healthcare".
Pros
Fully stocked fridges, beer, wine, excellent benefits and insurance
Cons
start up, prone to change, employee management disconnect, lack of transparency
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 1, 2017
Typical day at work is calling offices and hospitals to collect medical records for our patients and then indexing them in a organized fashion for our experts to then write a second opinion.
Great place to work!
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 22, 2017
Fun and outgoing group of people.
The work in itself is rewarding.Helping patients is everyone's primary goal.
Company offers great benefits to its employees.
A great job, But the management was very secretive and was not great at helping out their employees and fired many without saying anything in advanced
Proactive Outreach (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 15, 2016
At first this job was amazing, the culture, the atmosphere, the fellow team members, all amazing. Until they opened a new location on the east coast and they fired a bunch of employees without notice and did not feel bad about it. The boss actually just left voicemails on everyones phones.
The perfect continuity of health care company
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 18, 2016
Grand Rounds took the best care of their employees that I've ever seen and experienced. They believe if the employees are happy, well rested and taken care of, then they work better, hence a better company all around! I love that I was able to learn about the medical field and what it's like to work so closely with patients and the medical facilities. I was able to learn about certain diagnoses and work closely with the physicians to talk about the case. This company has the best people in the city working for them and everyone is SO understanding and supportive of each other and our personal lives it's a little mind blowing. (kids' birthday parties, birthday dinners, "care team lunches" etc.) The hardest part of this job was probably becoming emotionally invested in a case. At this company we have many different cases with different patients, with different diagnoses. It's hard sometimes to hear a patient talk about the pain they're in or their dissatisfaction with a Dr. or a procedure. The one thing I absolutely love about this job was, this company truly admires, and appreciates individuality. They did not treat any two people the same. They were very understanding of life and the circumstances that may come up. For example, my daughter has epilepsy and ANYTIME I needed to leave for her, there were no questions asked. I was able to work from home when my daughter was sick and never lost any hours at work. They equipped me with everything I needed to work from home, and at the office. I love this company. I would support them all the way.
Pros
Free lunches, team outings, fully stocked kitchen (coffee, tea, snacks, breakfast etc), personal desk, laptop, personalized sweaters and gifts every season, free shirts
Cons
none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Rounds. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight