Grand Strand Medical Center Employee Reviews

Hhs patient sitter
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 19, 2019
worse job to work at they change your schedule constantly without telling you lies to you about fixing it. They have their favorites on who they want to stay or go home early and if you don’t want to go home they have you do other things such as cleaning or housekeeping... and they pay sucks
Pros
Set time schedule
Cons
Low pay
Love this place
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 15, 2019
I work on inpatient rehab. I received great training and have Low ratios Great employees Great Culture Wonderful management
I love working here! It's the best job I've ever had!
Run away!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMarch 9, 2019
Unfortunately this place is only in it for the money. They place the safety of the patients and staff at risk every day. Patients are places in hallways (on the floors) with no bathroom or privacy. Hallways, stairwells and doorways are blocked by patient beds.
Some staff are expected to work over 16 hours with only a 30 minute lunch. The coordinators and directors get bonuses so they cut hours of the staff. Just plain sad. So run away from this place!!
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
The work environment.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 22, 2019
I worked with some of the most amazing people when I worked for this company. They always made sure that the employees had the tools they needed to their job and it was a pleasure working for this company
Productive and great learning experience
Clinical Observer (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 18, 2019
I had a great learning experience at Grand Strand Medical Center as an intern. I observed a trauma nurse and learned so much about the different departments within the hospital, and how each of these work together to provide the best care for the patient.
All about profit
Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCFebruary 7, 2019
The clinicians at this hospital are great - very capable and compassionate care. The management/administration is concerned with nothing but profits as this is a "for profit" hospital. There is a LOT of turnover, even among physicians. Many travel nurses. Located in Myrtle Beach, there are a lot of trauma cases and a lot of biker/gang related incidents which result in frequent hospital lockdowns; "Clear And Present Danger" codes were called on at least a weekly basis. Pay for most positions is less than any other HCA hospital, but amount of work expected is outrageous. I was there 3 years and never saw anyone promoted.
Pros
It's at the beach
Hhs
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 21, 2019
If HHS wasn’t involved they would be a better company to work for.... HHS has poor management and they lied to my mother about her starting pay and her days off...not a trust worthy company
Great Hospital
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 3, 2019
Excellent managers and team leads
Awesome benefits
Can be challenging at times
Pay increases are too low
Great people/team players
Understaffed
Needs more organization
benefits
Cons
pay
fun place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 13, 2018
it is a okay place to work and learn new things kmmmk;mdncvd;aknamnv;knknbznkmkmkamkflnla nbaldfhdifoahgpihgiodhvivhcklxhiovhiz;hvvziclx;hcxbocxhozbhzcb'
They care about their employees
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 12, 2018
I loved working for Grand Strand and only left after an offer for a full-time position opened elsewhere. I would have stayed in a heartbeat if they had more hours to give, but I was PRN.

Want to know more about Grand Strand Medical Center?

Ask a question
Run
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 6, 2018
Ive never seen a hospital that just want patients on the table!
That allow employees to come off the street and going into the operating room with outside jacket on and uniforms on, and walk right into the rooms! Dog hair Cat hairs anything. Just nasty!
Pros
money
Cons
not a real trauma hospital
Phlebotomist Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCDecember 1, 2018
It’s a great place to work nothing bad to say about Grand Strand medical center the pay is very generous I loved it there and we’ll go back someday sooner than later I hope I hope you get the job that you’re looking for he will love it there people are very friendly and I like how you can use payroll deductible for scrubs at scrubs and beyond As well as in the kitchen cafeteria
Cons
A couple of times through the year we get a free meal.
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCNovember 15, 2018
I answer the outside line. I page out the doctors when a new patient is being admitted. I page out the stemis, strokes, code blues, rapid responses, etc.
Pros
I work my shift alone.
Cons
I cannot take a break.
Low salaries
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 29, 2018
Low salaries and high nurse to patient ratios. 401k is subpar. Shift differentials are ok. High turn over and low retention due the combination of high nurse to patient ratios and low compensation. Cost of living in the Myrtle Beach area is not exactly cheap. Rent is astronomical.
Poor Employee Ratings
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 25, 2018
95% Pharmacy employees searching for other employment. Poor management which leads to poor employee satisfaction and poor care for our patients. Constant turnover rate with Pharmacy Technicians. Workplace culture is poor. Schedule is for an 8 hour day, but cannot get the job completed in 8 hours so consistently working up to 12+ hours/day.
Pros
No Pros.
Cons
Cannot keep employees. Constant turnover. Long hours.
Intense workplace
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCOctober 16, 2018
A typical day at work for me involved taking blood from patients, I would work with infants and elderly. I also had the opportunity to work in the trauma center. I learned a lot while working there even though it wasn't in my job description I would watch what the nurses or doctors were doing. The hardest part of my job was having your co-workers lie about a situation that never occurred and losing your job from that. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was helping patients as best as I could.
Pros
working 3 days for 12 hours!
Cons
losing my job over a lie
unfair
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 16, 2018
this company is unfair ti is employees and works them short every shift they play favorites and they tell you what you wanna here and lie to you promise you things and then they dont give you what is promised
benefits
Cons
poor work environment
experience of five years
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 12, 2018
If you want RN experience right out of college, then this is the place. First shift from orientation as a new grad, I had seven patients and one aid for a floor with 36 beds. The manager would never go to employees with problems, as she made the charge nurse handle that task. They are never consistent with the termination policy as they will never provide you with one. It is heavily focused on favoritism. It is good for experiences but you're never guaranteed the same amount of respect and disciplinary actions as other employees.
Pros
experience
Cons
favoritism
Good
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 30, 2018
Worked here for over 4 years. Very hard work as any hospital setting is. Very good trauma team. Rapid response team is very helpful. Good learning opportunities here.
Great job, very poor management
RN (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 18, 2018
Management does not care about you. They care that they have a body to fill the floor to make ratio. Don't walk, run far away from this hospital. Very unsafe work areas, not enough nurses/aides. No help from charge nurses or directors. Old, outdated supplies to work with. Just an overall shoddy hospital. Don't lose your license to work here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Strand Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Grand Strand Medical Center Reviews by Location