Grand Traverse Resort And Spa Employee Reviews

Loved the customers and guests who stayed there! Always a blast to see people leaving the store with smiles!
Retail Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, MIMarch 17, 2019
The people there are great. Customers are usually friendly and full of smiles. In the summer the Jamaicans that come to America to work with are a blast!
Beautiful Place to Work
Lead Floor Manager/ Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 6, 2019
A typical day at work would be booked from the time I got there until the time I went home. Sometimes staying later. On going education. The hardest part of the job was keeping everyone happy! The most enjoyable was making my clients and staff happy!
Pros
Rewarding Job
Cons
Working Weekends and Holidays
Terrible management
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIJanuary 16, 2019
The management here is terrible. If they do t like you they will bully you out. This place has potential to be a great job. But until they figure stuff out they will always have a hard time keeping people.
Pros
Healthe care but you will pay for it
Cons
Terrible work enviroment
Buen ambiente
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Acme, MIJanuary 15, 2019
No permiten trabajar simultaneamente en el casino y resort
Pros
Buen ambiente laboral
Poor management
Steward (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIDecember 27, 2018
push carts to the dish room clean off all carts of dishes and run through dishwasher and restack dishes. Cleaned dishwasher and swept and mopped floor.
Best golf course to work for
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MINovember 30, 2018
This course was doing everything right, equipment was up to date, plenty of employees sharing the work load evenly. Bosses knew what needed to be done and in an orderly fashion would complete tasks. Management handled their business greatly. Work schedule was beneficial to employees, and healthcare was provided.
Pros
Two dollar lunches, air conditioned break room and restrooms.
Massage Therapist (Current Employee) –  Acme, MINovember 8, 2018
I love working at GTRS. My desire to seek employment elsewhere stems from a lack of benefits for part-time employees (not specific to GTRS though) and no current FT positions with benefits available in my department.
Pros
discount on resort amenities and activities
Cons
no part-time healthcare coverage
Stressful work environment
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Acme, MISeptember 4, 2018
Manager is unkind and puts a lot of pressure on employees to do their job perfectly. It is a very tense and stressful environment to work in. Pay is low and seemingly non negotiable
Pros
Discounts, slow environment
Cons
Low salary
Good employees, terrible management.
Bellman/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 29, 2018
If you have tattoos or a facial hair, forget working here. there are also no raises. The managers and supervisors are always making you do other departments jobs, even if your super busy. The supervisors will approve time off and then right before you go on vacation, tell you you cant go. and then fire you. the general manager and front of house manger walk around on their phones, leaning on things, sitting around in the lobby having personal phone calls and then come yell at you for having your phone out or leaning to look something up on the computer. they do not tolerate facial hair unless you have a mustache.. the management will never listen about your concerns or ideas, except the sales manager, hes always an honest stand up guy and by far the best manager in the resort.
Pros
employees
Cons
management, no raises
Fun place to work get to meet lots of new people.
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIAugust 21, 2018
Was a fun place to work but can be stressful. Get to meet lots of new people everyday. I liked i got to work with different cultures as we had people come from Jamaica
Pros
You earned your vacation hours each week so you are always earning time.
Cons
pay is not that great

Want to know more about Grand Traverse Resort And Spa?

Ask a question
Productive and a great work place
Beverage Cart Attendant (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIAugust 14, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed working at the Grand Traverse Resort & Spa, they have a very strong work environment and are surrounded with a lot of hard working empolyees.
Happy workplace
Retail Cost Controller-Accounting Department (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, MIAugust 10, 2018
GTRS does more than any other company I have worked for to really show appreciation for their work force. There are annual catered luncheons, constant employee events hosted by various committees, with opportunists to win prizes and money. Their motto is “love where you work” and they do their best to ensure that for every member of the team.
Pros
GTRS does their best to ensure their staff is respected and happy while at work
Cons
They don’t have a specific spot for breastfeeding moms
Pretty good, relaxed place to work.
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 3, 2018
Working there was pretty good. Everyone is really nice and for the most part easy to get along with. The kids there are amazing.
I’ve learned to open up more and take initiative when it comes to activity planning.
Management is great there. They listen to your needs and try super hard to make it easy for you.
Hardest part of my job is working with family. It created way too many problems and stress for me.
The most enjoyable part of my job is obviously this kids.
Golf
Golf and Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 24, 2018
Was a great job. A typical day included mowing and any maintenance of golf course. In at 6am and out at 2:30 so you can enjoy the rest of you afternoon.
productive and close knit workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIJuly 20, 2018
Some days are extremely slow while others are almost difficult to keep up with. Youll always find something to fill your time whether it be tidying up or conversing with coworkers or guests.
Pros
lunches only 2 bucks
Cons
short lunches and hard on the feet
what i learned
Stewarding (Former Employee) –  Traveres CityJuly 16, 2018
every spring GTRS brings in seasonal employees, which act as if they run the show over the local employees. Which is BULLSh%t. No local employee should have to endure this.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad uper management
bad management
Tech 3 Engineer (Current Employee) –  Acme, MIJuly 9, 2018
more concerned with big picture than the small details that make a resort special. always someones fault other than the person who's job it was. refuse to hold managers and supervisors responsible for their people.
Pros
nice view from the 17th floor
Cons
everything else
Working here allows you to feel valuable
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJune 12, 2018
They had contests and such to encourage employees to be productive but did not promote with any consideration of these "winners" or their work. Sort of a company that hires and promotes friends before skill. Besides that a great company to work with. Just be careful not to upset tribal members if you can, it is not a fun headache to have.
Poor Management
Room Attendant/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIMay 30, 2018
The management was the main reason for my resignment. I did not wish to continue to work for people who showed me they did not care for my health and safety.
I worked in every food and beverage dept. and became manager of one.
Server/Manager (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIMay 14, 2018
I worked at all 3 restaurants and banquets, I learned there is a lot that goes into each position for example setting up and taking down (banquets) opening or closing (restaurants). The work environment had some staff that was not easy to work with, I learned how the proper way to handle employees and issues.
Pros
I love customer interaction and the before and after results
Cons
some people are just not happy no matter what you do or say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grand Traverse Resort And Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Grand Traverse Resort And Spa Reviews by Location