Grande Cheese Company

Grande Cheese Company Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews
Good job not the best advancement opportunities
I am a temp at this company as of now. I’ve been there about 7 months now, and I’m not even considered for hire on not due to anything I’ve done. I come to work every day and complete my tasks in a orderly and responsible fashion. I was told today I have a month to find something new because I’m that time my hours would have been reached and the company states it’s not in a position to hire on right now.
Just ask me
This is a grate company it almost feel like a family they care about the employees the hours are flexible and that they. Always have over time and have roo. Where you can grow within the company.
Great place to work!
Good people and professional but friendly atmosphere. While I was working there, Grande was going through growing pains and adding new leadership - lots of change in a short amount of time, so it was a little unsettling for many people. I am sure that they are back to business now. Overall, a great place to work as they cared about the people working there!
Unanimous--former employee of rubicon
Well worked there almost 3 years, they have a click of associates that if you dont fit in your out or they find some way to get you out,the click is actually on 1st shift, if you bring anything to managment they will actually go against you, 2nd shift has a no set time ,haft to stay till everything is clean and sanitized, there was alot of backstabbing going on, very physical shoveling curds into forms, I would not like to see anybody work there. Run
Run
I saw more backstabbing, sabotage, false flattery, toxic politics, and unethical behavior during my time at Grande than I could possibly report in the small space of this review. The company claims family value and work life balance is a priority. This is a lie. They claim competitive compensation. This too is a lie. They claim job security... also a lie. I witnessed long time employees get fired for trivial mistakes and in some cases as the fall guy for their management’s failed dishonest stratagems. Reporting unethical behavior to VPs is actively discouraged and may even be punished. The culture is one of dishonesty, fear, and betrayal. I, along with many other decent people, took a job offer elsewhere. There was a mass exodus. My life immediately improved. In hindsight there were early warning signs at Grande. I should have ran from this company much sooner. Run!
Pros
Good cheese
Cons
Highly toxic culture
Great company too work for . 10 hour shifts and room to grow in company ! Plenty of other plants to work overtime if u want ! If the company does well u get a extra added bonus
It is an easy job
LOTS of chemicals, lots of ppe. Your night goes by quick and includes a great number of unspoken breaks. Taking the trash out during the morning clean up and watching the sunset rise is always refreshing
Fast Pace, Labor Intensive work
It was very labor intensive and fast pace, however, the pay more than made up for it. On the P.M. Shift there was no set end time and had sanitation responsibilities at the end of the night that would sometimes be tedious but overall was a great job.
Employers are appreciative of their employees
Grande is a good place to work. It is hard at times especially when the machines break down but overall, it's a good place to work. Management tells their employees that they are appreciated and they occasionally reward employees with gifts.
Not Family run anymore, New management not living up to mission and culture
What was ….. The owner established a great culture of looking out for each other, even built on-site free clinics for Associates.
Work could be long, but was balanced with having fun and taking time to get to know each other and become like family - always have each others back. He provided a clear vision and leadership all could follow.

Now … the halls are rampant with guarded whispers, people being let go with no warning or apparent reason, disjointed messages from executives, finger pointing and paranoia.

New leadership has isolated themselves from the workers (we are no longer "Associates").

No one dares to offer ideas, opinions, or ask questions. It is not worth the stink eye from the VP/Director and then several weeks of penance to get back on the good side.
Awesome stable company with good values and great benefits.
Awesome stable company with good values and great benefits. Mission and vision statements say it all. They live what they say. I recommend this company to others.
Good Co-workers but No Flexibility
The Workers and managers were great, but upper management talks alot about work/life balance without anything changing. Constant Overtime = lots of cash, but no life
Work there many years ago . Hard work but it paid well.
If I ever had a chance to come back to work for them I would. I had very good work relationship. Very hard work but good pay and benefits. Avg more than 40 hours a week. Steady work.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
Hard work
Productiev and fast paced
Loved working there at the time. We started off the day running the equipment and then about half way through the day we'd clean and then run the equipment all over again.
Work was good Management was absolutely terrible
The job itself wasnt that bad, but the management was awful. They would promote people to these management positions based on how long they have worked there and not on their actual managerial skills. They put unrealistic goals upon their employees and if you just happen to hit that goal 1 time, they increase their goals based on that 1 day of performance.
Excellent Organization
Grande Cheese is unlike any other company I have ever been with. All of the Associates are welcoming, friendly, driven, and more than willing to help you with anything you may need. The company emphasizes product excellence and continues to find new ways to stay innovative in the industry. Benefits are also excellent. There is an on-site clinic at each location, 24/7 gyms, group fitness classes, and food products are given away to Associates a fair amount (just to name a few). Although my internship has ended, I will continue to proudly tell others I had the opportunity to work with this organization.
Internship Program
The internship program was a great way to expose me to a field that I was interested in perusing more. Unfortunately, both my supervisors left during the time I was at my internship, which meant I was on my own and did not get the most out of my experience.
Fast pace always changing and adapting to market conditions
Great job for someone looking to advance and get promoted. You do need to put sometime in around a year to really know and understand all the positions and equipment. But if you can take on the challenge, learn, and adapt. The job advancement opportunities are all over the company including other states if you are interested in relocating.
Do not recomment working there.
Not a good place to work. Alot of pettiness among employees, promises of being hired on, but never did. Other employee was listened to and I was let go for no reason.
Pros
Cons
Dont have to do anything to lose your job
leadership change misaligned with culture
Grande was truly a perfect place to work prior to the 2016 leadership change when the company became unethical in its dealings with people. Grande is a very white male oriented company and uses a "good boy" network; minimal opportunities for those who don't hunt or golf. Management is not trust-worthy and there is significant infighting throughout the salaried ranks in the home office.

The owner is the most respectful, honorable, and intelligent person I've ever known. The future of Grande concerns me greatly when he further steps out of his company.

Grande cheese is by far the best cheese made - it represents "Trademark Excellence" desired by Grande.
Pros
Total Compensation, office environment
Cons
leadership behavior, integrity, demonstrate culture
Grande is honestly a good place to work
Most shifts are 10-12 hours, but the people are friendly. You make good money for the area, and you have a future full of advancements within if you would like to
Pros
Free organic fruits and healthy food, television and wifi in break room, good pay for the area
Cons
Long shifts
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grande Cheese Company. Our community is ready to answer.