Grande Ronde Hospital Employee Reviews

Great pay, but not worth it
EVS Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORMarch 16, 2019
GRH is a horrible place to work. It’s all about politics. The doctors and nurses act like they are better than you. The doctors and nurses don’t care about patients. They will sit back and talk badly about the people that they are supposed to care for. They will laugh and make horrible jokes. I understand that your job gets stressful, but that’s not right. It reminded me of being back in middle school.
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORDecember 15, 2018
La Grande is a hidden gem. GR hospital is amazing- wonderful coworkers and is ethical and wonderfully managed. I will miss working here....I highly recommend working here!
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  La Grande, OROctober 16, 2017
Good place to work; fast paced, but interesting, always learning new things, benefits were good- vacation time, sick leave, health insurance, & opportunities for advancement.
The culture was average; some grumpies, some lazies, but everyone pulled together in the crunches.
There was very little camaraderie among the RNs though. We used a model of nursing that was very good for the clients but meant we had little down time to compare notes, get to know each other, help each other.
The pace and stress were high; sick people have catastrophes and emergencies without regard to any schedule and required quick thinking and action. I came home tired.
Histology Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LaGrande, OregonJune 6, 2017
Great place to work. My coworkers are very efficient, flexible and easy to get along with. Management is great. The physicians are wonderful to work with.
Pros
Discounted lunches, discounts with cell phone carriers
Cons
really bad weather in the winter, parking is horrible
Critical Access Hospital
Medical Transcriptionist and Coding Assistant (Former Employee) –  LaGrande, OregonApril 23, 2017
Small Eastern Oregon Hospital. Leadership was top down with hierarchical dictatorship style, but has gotten better out of necessity over the years. Good pay and benefits.
Grande
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORMarch 21, 2017
The job was a good job, it was the people that I worked with... Please just go to work and go home, do not try to make friends. They seem friendly, but it's not something an "outsider" can fit into.
Productive workplace with great co workers and management
CASE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORFebruary 20, 2017
A normal workday consists of preparing chart notes for providers, contacting patients that are in need of any diabetic testing or exams, and covering patients that are in need of prescription assistance. I have learned many things such as, medical terminology, very useful communication skills, and how to ensure patients are getting what they need from multiple resources and medical facilities. The management in my department was phenomenal. I always knew what I was supposed to be doing and if I needed any help on anything. This applied to the workpalce culture as well. If anything was needed, I could go to who was able to help and they would do what they could to gvie me the information I needed. By far the most enjoyable part of my job was helping patients and having them be greatful for the assistance that they were in need of.
Pros
flexible schedule, healthcare, friendly work environment.
Cons
Hourly pay
Fun place to work
Quality/Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORDecember 18, 2016
Love love loved working here the staff is amazing HR manager is amazing and my coworkers what can I say except I wish I could take them all with me. I learned a lot working here :)
Pros
lunch discounts
Cons
parking
Difficult work environment with a culture of entitlement
Mngr Cardiopulmonary and Sleep Disorder Services (Former Employee) –  La Grande, OregonJuly 20, 2016
While the Administrative Management professes to want to be progressive and wants fresh input, they are only truly interested in maintaining the status quo and protecting their own interests.

There were several employees hired into management from outside the organization at the same time I was and all of us have left voluntarily due to the stifling and insecure work environment.
Pros
Cons
Hostile work environment, culture of entitlement, favoritism, poor benefits
A wonderful workplace environment
Emergency Department Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORJune 26, 2016
Grande Ronde Hospital's (GRH) mission is to provide excellent patient care in a safe and secure environment, and this does not just apply to the patients. GRH provides its employees with the same values and care that it provides its patients. I have enjoyed working there with like-minded individuals, and under great management.
Productive workplace with many coworkers willing to help when needed.
Extern Student (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORApril 9, 2016
Typical day consists of various fluoro procedures in the morning. Surgical cases vary from orthopedic procedures to GI exams. Patient workload can vary from ten to eighty patients per day.
Coworkers are what make GRH a great place to work. All of them are extremely helpful and positive in the workplace.
The hardest part of the job is not knowing what exams you be asked to perform that day. This can also be exciting if you're a person who likes the unknown. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient interaction. Each patient has a story and personality that they are willing to share if given the time and compassion.
Pros
Paid vacation
Cons
Healthcare benefits
So far has been my favorite career path
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORDecember 3, 2015
Working in the lab as a phlebotomist has by far been my favorite career path and I intend to continue to pursue laboratory work in the future. Working as a phlebotomist you get to see all aspects of the hospital from outpatients to moms in labor, newborn babies, the ICU, the ER, Med Surg floor for inpatients, the surgical center and the chemo clinic among many other areas. I enjoyed the rush of the ER which can be quite stressful at times dealing with severe health issues, outpatients are always a great way to spend the day because they always have something to talk about. Many of the patients are really sick and it feels good to know you are doing a small part in helping them get better. The hardest part of the job is definitely dealing with traumas and death, being in a hospital you are constantly facing difficult situations and I am very lucky to have ahd the coworkers I did. I enjoyed each one of them and always felt like i had support from everyone, I was never forced in over my head.
Pros
You meet lots of different types of people, you see lots of interesting things.
Cons
The hours could get a little sporadic, injuries, accidents and sickness don't take holidays off!
Great place
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORMarch 29, 2015
Great people, they really care about t heir employees and patients. There is always room for advancement. i really liked the 1 hour lunches. There is always room to learn new things if you want to. benefits are great.
small company
Department Secretary/ Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORSeptember 4, 2014
ran alomost like a high school. Rumors are out of control. They micromanage
Decent place to work with some departments as a train wreck.
Electronic Health Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Grande, OregonJune 26, 2014
My job is very unique in the organization, I spend most of my days at my computer with little to no personal interaction with anyone.
I troubleshoot our EMR software, and design and troubleshoot medical progress note templates.
My boss is great, she is a middle manager in our organization, but manay managers and department heads, including doctors/providers are completely incompetant when it comes to EMR software and the powerful role it could play in their practice. And some managers dutifully mismanage their resources and employees, causing high turnover in some departments, especially administrative roles.
Pros
Decent pay for the work, good boss, good work/life balance
Cons
Some poor management in the organization, many people do not handle progressive change well
Supportive environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Grande, ORMarch 21, 2014
There are a large group of people that treat their co workers as family. They never hesitate to pitch in when someone needs help or encouragement.
Volunteer
AUXILLIARY SERVICES (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORNovember 11, 2013
I worked on call as a volunteer for the hospital helping out patients with their chemo-therapy, hospital surgery prep,. Pre and post surgery.
Pros
Free lunches
This employer is very difficult to work for in a housekeeping position, no organization, no pride.
Housekeeping/Enviromental Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORJuly 10, 2013
I worked at the hospital for only short time but, i was given full time work within 90 days, i enjoyed the work but the employees i had contact with were not professional and took no pride in there work, Perhaps because of the longgevity of the employees i worked, older individuals over the age of 65, i was treated with no respect and even though i was a hard worker i was treated like i was beneath the doctors. nurses, etc. Employees in housekeeping did not know how to mix chemicals properly nor did they appreciate others such as patients, esp other new employees such as myself. I was yelled at in the hallways be4 and after work by an 85 yr old woman who had her own way of doing things, no respect for management. I was harrassed repeatedly by this woman who has worked there 30 yrs and when i complained i was told its all who u know and due to longgevity and given her prominence in the community nothing was going to be done, i was told this not the 1st time this has happened. Consequently i gave notice but quit be4 my notice was up and moved out of the area.
Pros
reliable pay, benefits, helping and serving others
Cons
employees/management
Good employer for that area
Department Secretary/ Front Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORDecember 4, 2012
Most of the staff is very friendly, you will find staff always asking visitors if they are lost or if they could help them some how. The management is great in most departments, you have a few departments that the manager is not very friendly, or lacks knowledge of their position.
Pros
great benefits, great food
Cons
pay increase is very hard to get.