Grandview Medical Center Employee Reviews

too much work too little people
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsville, INAugust 1, 2018
Too much work and way under staffed when i was employed there.
i dont know what else to say becuase i do not have them on my resume. This was the end of m
Job opportunities for people within.
Operating Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mountain Brook, ALJuly 29, 2018
The wages aren’t good. The management is not at the level it was explained to me. The tuition reimbursement was really nice and usefel. Insurance was really nice.
Fun coworkers but no pay raises in 5 years...
Patient Access Specialist/Registrar (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2018
While being a new hospital, the luster is beginning to wear thin. Advancement is a no go and salary is nowhere near what it needs to be. But the people you work with are fantastic. Direct management listens and fights for you while upper management is like talking to a wall. If you have a degree in the medical field, you'll do ok. But if you are an entry level/new to the field applicant, be prepared to be ignored and talked down to pretty quickly. Plus pay isn't the equal with experience or talent. I'd give this place a 3/5 overall.
Pros
Work environment is friendly and coworkers are amazing.
Cons
Pay is TERRIBLE. You will work yourself into exaustion trying to make more.
flexible scheduling
Med-Surgical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNJuly 22, 2018
its been over 10years since I worked at GMC but the staff, doctors, and directors of nursing were wonderful to work with . Mutual respect and a high expectation to provide quality healthcare was a standard.
Great Place to care for patients and families in need of medical care and education of their present condition.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 19, 2018
Floor Nursing, Patient and Family Care on the Cardiac Unit is hard work 6-8 patients per day, not including admissions and discharges. 12 -14 hours per day caring for many patients that are so ill they need total care hourly. I love people and patients and families in need so i enjoy caring for and assisting and educating and listening to their needs. I learned quickly I would not be able to provide the type of patient care I had previously been able to provide. Management was very good but a transition in management took pace just a few weeks after I began working for Grandview, February, 2018 so change and transition take type with a new director on the unit by April, 2018. The new director did work diligently to review problems and to find good corrections to those management/staffing issues. Teamwork among the RN's and PCA's was lacking and slowed work for the entire unit, i felt. The hardest part was of this position was the physical work of turning patients and walking heavy yet weak patients, transferring patients to chairs and pushing heavy patient beds to other areas of the hospital, for example, Dialysis. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patients and their families and assisting in their care and education of the conditions they may be healing from presently.
Good place to work, a little far from home.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 4, 2018
A typical day at work at Grandview starts at 0500, ends at 1330. I learned that Grandview is very strict with rules, and adheres to very strict policy. Management is extremely rigid. The workplace culture is fine. The hardest part of the job is having to stand for eight hours, as we were not allowed to sit at all. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work with such a wonderful set of co workers, each willing to help one another. I learned a lot there, and I really liked the ambiance.
Pros
Great co workers, great tasks, wonderful patients.
Cons
Not being able to sit at all, no breaks other than lunch, hardly any autonomy.
GV Medical Education
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 19, 2018
Unless you kiss the Administrative Director and Senior Residency Coordinators butt you will be on the "hit list" to get booted.

They play favs and the rules constantly change based who you are. Administrative Director would talk TERRIBLY about her employees which she did not care for, and when she decided not to like you it was visible by which employees would interact with you.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor Leadership
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 1, 2018
good place to work just want to relocate don't agree with the pto and sick pay benefits but not sure if that will ever change but being able to have some of the other benefits are great some management is kind of unfair
Great place to gain experience with working with people and handling fast paced, stressful situations.
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 22, 2018
I feel it is a great plave to grow in. It is easy to communicate with co workers and management. Many employees there work well as a soon and go over and beyond to get the job done.
I was on a non paid clinical rotation
Student Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 16, 2018
I was a good place to work, I liked the people and enjoyed the culture. I would recommend it as a place of employment to any of my peers. Given the opportunity I would work there myself.
Fast pace environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 11, 2018
A Typical work day in the SPD department at Grandview would be answering phone calls from the OR, turning over trays, wrapping, assembling, sterilizing trays. Also picking add-on surgery cases and cases for surgeries for the next day.
Pros
New hospital, long breaks
Cons
Pay
Great to work in a brand new hospital
Flexi Psych Nurse (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 10, 2018
The work environment was sometimes hectic and short-staffed. Co-workers were great and tried to pick up the slack. I'm too old for hospital work now. It wears me out!
This is a place to work
Patient Care Assistant in Operating Room (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 8, 2018
The management here is not good. The pay is to little for the work load. People can be disrespectful. They try to make sure you can’t work and go to school.
I was a good place to work, it was just a bit stressful, because a lived in anniston and the job wash in biringham
ER REGISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 4, 2018
I was very happy to get the job there, but it was under staff and very busy and that can cause a lot of stress. Being back and forth on the road wasn't a good thing for me. It was just to much at the time
Pros
Lunch ded. To ge lunch was good. It was a pretty place to work
Cons
Short breaks, Under staff
Overall a good place to work.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TNApril 26, 2018
Grandview Medical Center is a small scale hospital. Patients and caregivers usually have a very good relationship as the patient to care provider ratio is not very high.
Very Stressful place to work
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 16, 2018
Run for the hills! Being a financial counselor for Grandview is very stressful, its a tough position to hold. Situations and concerns that management should handle, they pass it to the financial counselors to handle because they don't want to deal with it. You have no support or help from management. Everything is thrown on the financial counselors list of responsibilities. Management is very poor and inconsistent. The department is understaffed for the responsibilities & workload that's placed on the counselors. The pay is low considering the workload, you're forced to fill-in in other areas and perform the duties of someone else outside of your job description. Management offers no relief or assistance when someone is out in the financial counselor area. Its hard to get time off within the department.

Grandview is not recommended place to work
Cons
Stressful, Poor Management & leadership and low pay
A hospital that has a very good reputation and caring to his/her employee
Supply Tech (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OH 45405April 12, 2018
very good and well adverse hospital, all employee has a good feelig and safe on their job.very caring to their employees, very good reputation and nice management
Pros
very caring on their employee
Cons
sorrounding area is a little bit scary
Please Run from Patient Access
Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 1, 2018
The worst employment experience in my life Patient Access. Management is awful and human resources is as well. Please don't go to the place even if you are desperate
great place
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 22, 2018
we come with great custom service/, great foods /,8 different station / a lovely place to bring love ones/,we need of servicer/,pretty big place for people
Pros
free meals
Cons
15 and 30 mins break
A fast paced team ready to assist and help clean
Environmental Server (Former Employee) –  Daytonview, OHMarch 22, 2018
I would say I really enjoyed my stay at Grandview, the staff was really nice and respectful, all the patients where actually nice and cool. Everyday we teamed up to make sure every assigned room was well clean and sanitized.
Pros
Happy environment
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grandview Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Grandview Medical Center Reviews by Location