Grange Insurance Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Love this place
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2018
I love my manager and current role. There is opportunity for advancement for some; unless you get stuck in the pink handcuff roles. Once they value you; it’s difficult to change your trajectory without switching departments.
I love my manager and executives; I’m spoiled and have been here 10+ years.

Even the on site food provider is amazing.
Pros
Free parking; free gym; wonderful management
Cons
Hard to break out of current role to do something new
Grange is a good place to work
PL Underwriter Manager Ohio/TN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 28, 2018
We have excellent benefits and fair compensation. Promote within, offering excellent career pathing. We get free parking downtown. Close to several restaurants and other conveniences.
Pros
Free fitness center, free parking
good place to work
Temporary Position through Office Team (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2018
everyone friendly and a nice atmosphere and location to work in the executive assistants were very through and the ceo was very professional as well al the front desk security
Good place to learn the business
Auto Insurance Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 1, 2018
But if you want to advance, be prepared to move to Columbus. Plus, their pay and benefits are significantly below market wage. On th flip side, a former co-worker just told me their claim reps work from home now, so that is a bonus
Not a good company to work for.
Receptionist / Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2018
My manager was the worst. My work day was always on the phones and greeting customers what I loved about the job. My manager picked on me to much which caused me to leave after 3 years there.
Great group of people to work with!
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2018
Fast paced environment with very little breaks. Great co-workers and managers. Managers only reprimand when there is a complaint. They understand the job and will back up their employees even when they have to accommodate the customer.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful at times
Very Good Work Place
Auto Material Damage Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 1, 2018
This is a very good work place. The culture was unlike any company I have worked for and I am very glad that I had the opprotunity to work here. I hope that I am able to find another job that will help in my career advancement her at this work place.
Good company but some management team members should retire
staff (Current Employee) –  ColumbusNovember 27, 2017
Grange has a lot of younger associates joining the company. What they are learning is that there are key leadership people who have way too much power, make poor decisions, work in silos, and are only concerned about building their kingdoms and not what's good for the company as a whole.
Pros
free downtown parking
Cons
veteran leaders who need to retire
Typical Claims Job
Casualty Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 30, 2017
The local management staff, and the team members in the local (Fairlawn) office were wonderful - - they actually were the best part of the Company.
The work would not be bad, if it could be managed in an 8, or even a 10 hour workday - sadly, that is impossible.
Pros
Wonderful office environment
Cons
Work-life balance was horrible
Worst place to work
billing/loss reporting hybrid (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2017
The call center or CCC is the WORST place to work, the management is unorganized and the department lacks consistence. you would never move up in this department. They had a management position available and they hired a "long time friend" with no billing background rather then someone in the department that has been there for YEARS that knew the information. #FAIL
Grange Insurance Company
Assistant Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHOctober 22, 2017
I worked for many great supervisors during my time at Grange Insurance and made many lifelong friends during my time there. I only left to seek employment closer to home after the birth of my child.
Great employees and caring management
Sr. Casualty Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIAugust 17, 2017
It's a great place to work. It's difficult to move up if you aren't willing or able to move to home office. I have held a couple of positions within the company but have been limited by my location. Unfortunately with my family I have been unwilling to relocate.
Review
AMD Claims Representative I (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILAugust 10, 2017
Typical work day is pretty stressful. Have to multitask 98% of the day. Hardest part is the frustration and anger from the customers. Enjoyable part is helping those that are appreciative.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low compensation
Best work/life balance
Senior Medical Payments Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2017
This company and management understand that you have other priorities outside of your career, and they definitely attempt to accommodate you and any outside issues you may have.
N/a
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 5, 2017
I worked with as a Work Comp Adjuster and speaking with customers while processing their claims. I learned to respect others and to be honest and trustworthy
Very fast paced call center
Loss Reporting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 20, 2017
I would take calls from clients wanting to make claims on their auto, home or life Insurance policies.

I would also pay out Towing bills that the clients may have received. from getting their vehicle towed from the scene of an accident.
Test
Software QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 5, 2017
It was a nice place to work. I learned a lot while working there and worked my way up within the company. I worked with many amazing knowledgeable people.
Good culture and caring people who work hard
Sales & Marketing Talent & Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2017
I think Grange is a very good company with many good people working there. As a small regional insurance company they are fighting for business and don't always have the leverage with their independent agencies to drive as much premium as larger companies. That size is an advantage because it allows them to be more exclusive and help the agency partners that are willing to partner with them. The down size is that they keep expenses down and that causes high workloads for some departments.
As a company they are not afraid to make changes and take some calculated risks.
They have many fun activities for employee engagement, such as picnics, volley ball tournaments, etc. and the senior management are always visible and involved.
It's a company that I will definitely recommend to others.
Pros
There is a gym on site that is open 24 hours, the cafe is a great meeting spot, and convenient free parking
Cons
Regional company, fewer resources of large cos. Fewer associates there and all have to wear more hats
Outside Field Adjuster
Physical Damage Adjustor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2016
I would be assigned claims in the morning. I would have to make contact withing 24 hours and set an appointment to inspect their damaged property. Write and estimate and negotiate a repair agreement with the customers shop of choice. I enjoyed educating the customer of what they were entitled to. Getting the job completed on time was always a great joy to me.
Pros
Being able to communicate with all disciplines involved to settle the claim.
Cons
Dealing with attorneys.
Productive Fun Workplace
QA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2016
Excellent company, great benefits, dedicated employees. If you are passionate about your work and dedicated the company will recognize your efforts with compensation and advancement opportunities
Pros
Benefits, work hours
Cons
Performance Evaluation process