Grange Insurance Employee Reviews

Learning experience
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 5, 2018
This was my first "adult" job out of college and I learned a lot in my time with this company. I enjoyed my time but didn't feel there was any advancement for me.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
No advancement
Hidden gem in Central Ohio
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 31, 2018
I enjoy the work I do and the people I work with. It's a caring, collaborative work environment that allows me to try new and different things in my role, as well as in past roles. I'm fortunate enough to have worked with all levels of leadership and they each are easy to work with and relationship-focused. The Senior Leaders are a breath of fresh air and care about their people. Our size gives us the ability to try and if needed, fail fast and forward!
Pros
Work/Life Balance, associate-focused, small but mighty
Cons
unknown
Great work culture, great managers, and work-life balance.
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2018
Work-Life balance is a huge part of who Grange is. Seems like everyone Is willing to help get you to where you want to be as well. Grange is located in the Brewery District where many local restaurants and stores are located as well. Grange has many opportunities to get involved with your fellow co-workers and the community whether you join one of the rec. leagues or volunteer at a local school or shelter. Co-workers are friendly and the company treats their employees well. I highly recommend Grange.
Pros
Free parking, Cafe, Coffee Loft, Pto, Discounts, Location.
Good general environment, bad boss
Life New Business Tech (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2018
Worked there as a temp. The work itself was fine, got along well with colleagues. Problem was manager lied to my face about reasons I wasn't hired for a permanent position. Assignment ended shortly after.
Great place to get started
Internship (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2018
Everything about Grange was wonderful. My management and the rest of my team were fantastic and I couldn't have asked for more assistance when I needed it. The hours were great, I had a two hour window to come into work (I still had to work a full 8). It was a great internship which I enjoyed immensely.
Pros
working hours, management, coworkers
Cons
other interns
Culture change
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 16, 2018
Grange Insurance was a great place to work with a nice work / life balance. A change in leadership has changed the environment. They used to promote from within, now a lot of the key positions are brought from outside. While some of the changes were necessary in I.T. to bring Grange up to date, now changes are made daily. People cannot keep up with constant change. It's actually now affecting all aspects of delivery because of the constant change.
Love this place
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 4, 2018
I love my manager and current role. There is opportunity for advancement for some; unless you get stuck in the pink handcuff roles. Once they value you; it’s difficult to change your trajectory without switching departments.
I love my manager and executives; I’m spoiled and have been here 10+ years.

Even the on site food provider is amazing.
Pros
Free parking; free gym; wonderful management
Cons
Hard to break out of current role to do something new
Pay and tech needs help. Managmemt is helpful but depends on the manager.
Total Loss Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 2, 2018
Good culture. Old mentality which is hard to break through. They have 2 newer Material Damage managers which have shaked things up quite a bit. Compensation and lack of technology and lack of willingness to change these two things are hard hurdles to cross. A lot of great people work here and they are the ones that make going to work everyday worth it.
Pros
Office location, work from home option 2 days a week
Cons
Some managers micro manage, pay, tech needs some serious help
Grange is a good place to work
PL Underwriter Manager Ohio/TN (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 28, 2018
We have excellent benefits and fair compensation. Promote within, offering excellent career pathing. We get free parking downtown. Close to several restaurants and other conveniences.
Pros
Free fitness center, free parking
good place to work
Temporary Position through Office Team (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2018
everyone friendly and a nice atmosphere and location to work in the executive assistants were very through and the ceo was very professional as well al the front desk security
Good place to learn the business
Auto Insurance Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 1, 2018
But if you want to advance, be prepared to move to Columbus. Plus, their pay and benefits are significantly below market wage. On th flip side, a former co-worker just told me their claim reps work from home now, so that is a bonus
Not a good company to work for.
Receptionist / Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2018
My manager was the worst. My work day was always on the phones and greeting customers what I loved about the job. My manager picked on me to much which caused me to leave after 3 years there.
Great group of people to work with!
Senior Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 6, 2018
Fast paced environment with very little breaks. Great co-workers and managers. Managers only reprimand when there is a complaint. They understand the job and will back up their employees even when they have to accommodate the customer.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Stressful at times
Very Good Work Place
Auto Material Damage Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 1, 2018
This is a very good work place. The culture was unlike any company I have worked for and I am very glad that I had the opprotunity to work here. I hope that I am able to find another job that will help in my career advancement her at this work place.
Good company but some management team members should retire
staff (Current Employee) –  ColumbusNovember 27, 2017
Grange has a lot of younger associates joining the company. What they are learning is that there are key leadership people who have way too much power, make poor decisions, work in silos, and are only concerned about building their kingdoms and not what's good for the company as a whole.
Pros
free downtown parking
Cons
veteran leaders who need to retire
Typical Claims Job
Casualty Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 30, 2017
The local management staff, and the team members in the local (Fairlawn) office were wonderful - - they actually were the best part of the Company.
The work would not be bad, if it could be managed in an 8, or even a 10 hour workday - sadly, that is impossible.
Pros
Wonderful office environment
Cons
Work-life balance was horrible
Worst place to work
billing/loss reporting hybrid (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2017
The call center or CCC is the WORST place to work, the management is unorganized and the department lacks consistence. you would never move up in this department. They had a management position available and they hired a "long time friend" with no billing background rather then someone in the department that has been there for YEARS that knew the information. #FAIL
Grange Insurance Company
Assistant Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHOctober 22, 2017
I worked for many great supervisors during my time at Grange Insurance and made many lifelong friends during my time there. I only left to seek employment closer to home after the birth of my child.
Great employees and caring management
Sr. Casualty Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Hudsonville, MIAugust 17, 2017
It's a great place to work. It's difficult to move up if you aren't willing or able to move to home office. I have held a couple of positions within the company but have been limited by my location. Unfortunately with my family I have been unwilling to relocate.
Review
AMD Claims Representative I (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILAugust 10, 2017
Typical work day is pretty stressful. Have to multitask 98% of the day. Hardest part is the frustration and anger from the customers. Enjoyable part is helping those that are appreciative.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Low compensation