Granite State Management & Resources Employee Reviews

great benefits, high turnover of employees, not a lot of stability
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 25, 2016
GSM&R services both federal and private student loans. The company is constantly struggling to maintain federal contracts which has led to layoffs, high turnover of employees and company diversification.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
lack of honest communication from upper management
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHMarch 24, 2016
I loved this company and learned a lot and made many friends. The hardest part of the position was staying busy. The best part was helping customers.
Work In-Progress
Student Loan Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHNovember 29, 2014
This company has a lot of potential and I feel it's working towards it's best point slowly. There are a few chances to thrive and take advantage of different opportunities to learn. If you take advantage of those opportunities then you will be given a chance to shine and be promoted. The tasks can be very challenging and a processor must be willing to adapt and change quickly. Regulations and audit requirements change too so there must be a willingness to identify these changes and recognize how a process must change to accept them.
Pros
Long lunches, two breaks, a lot of learning opportunity
Cons
communication between departments can cause some difficulties, task distribution can be difficult on some processors and easy on others
employees do not matter
Student Loan Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHSeptember 24, 2014
I worked in a lot of departments and was even a manager, but I did not feel like I was apart of a team. I loved the customers and what I did, but the pay was too low for me to continue working there.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management, Pay
Great Place
Student Loan Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHAugust 20, 2014
Great place to learn and gain skills. You will always be trained and always be given the opportunity learn. Management is Fair and easy to work with.
Gsmr
Student Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 17, 2014
Starting at 9 am and goes to 6 pm. A wide range of different jobs can be taken each day. From inbound calls to finding missing information on accounts.
Pros
Good company, Good co-workers, Good Benefits
Cons
Constant interaction with no break in between calls until break time, to much repetition
Marketing Manager
National Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHDecember 2, 2013
Daily I am responsible for running all advertising programs for a private student loan program, monitoring media, creating ad schedules and the annual marketing plan, and budget planning. I represent the organization at trade shows and do personal sales visits. I manage all social media accounts for the organization.
benefits
Cons
no flexibility in schedule
A decent place to work.
Accountant I (Current Employee) –  Concord, NHJuly 31, 2013
The company is a nonprofit organization, so the pay scale is on the low end. However being a student loan organization they have excellent tuition reimbursement program. Most departments have great opportunity for advancement, however the Finance Department has very little opportunity for advancement.
Not a good fit for me
Manger Loan Services (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHFebruary 27, 2013
The managment style and culture was not a good fit for me. I have a different work ethic and manament style than what this company is looking for in its management.
Pros
employees were great people
Cons
poor managment and culture

Want to know more about Granite State Management & Resources?

Ask a question