Granite Telecommunications Employee Reviews

Overall
Network Integration Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 16, 2018
Granite is a great place to kickoff your career. There is lots of opportunity for growth within the company but getting there can be hard. Sometimes one can feel stagnant.
Terrible Company
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2018
Culture is one of white privilege and something that I wouldn't want my biggest enemy to experience. Lack of control in management and extreme bias. Managers lack people skills.
C-Level Sales
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 16, 2018
Great company with good pay and benefits. As long as you your sales and prospecting pipeline full and you shouldn't have any problems making good money.

They do take sales quotes/figures seriously.
Sales Oriented
Broadband Assistant Supervisor Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Sales Oriented company, and you can feel it when you're not sales. Culture can be good at times but overall you can feel the sense of dissatisfaction and a 'look out for number one: mentality
Pros
Free Gym
Cons
semi-hostile workplace
Granite High school
PREMIER ACCOUNT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAFebruary 3, 2018
Everyone here either just started or has been here for 5 years +. Heavy lack of diversity. if you come in at 8:00am or after 8:00 you get called in for a meeting with your supervisor. Extremely strict on work hours. A lot of opinionated people who think other people care. If you stay focused on your work and pay everyone no mind the work week goes by fast.
Pros
the pay is decent
Cons
Supervisors and Managers play Favoritism
High School pt. 2
Senior Premier Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 5, 2018
Great place to work if you're into looking at your phone all day or gossiping. There is a very young crowd in entry level positions and it makes a difficult environment for the driven team members as they are often assigned larger and larger workloads without a raise or compensation.
Pros
okay pay if you fight for it
Cons
you name it
Inside Sales position in a slow paced sales office
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 31, 2017
Granite is a $1.35B dollar company based in Quincy, MA. While the Quincy, MA office offers a full gym, fun and fast paced environment, the New York office is smaller, with 20 sales employees. The lack of advancement is what made me decide to look elsewhere.
Pros
Competitive compensation
Cons
Lack of office culture
na
Assistant Manager of Voice Repair (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 31, 2017
this does not apply at this time. good company but my drive to work was 2 hours each way. so i wanted to explore more options closer to home that better fits my family life style.
Pros
great company
Cons
2 hour drive for myself
Gender Specific Dress Code
Repair Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 9, 2017
We were given different dress codes based on our genders, rather than our jobs. Additionally, only 2 genders were mentioned in the dress codes at all.
Good company
Repair Analyst, Voice Repair Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 7, 2017
This is a good company to work for if you are starting out or single and do not need future security. They offer a great health and 401K package. There are plenty of employee perks/ bonuses. The down sides it can be clicky, like you are back in high school. The company does not offer a pension plan so I wouldn't plan on making this a permanent career
Hostile Work Culture with Poor Support Structure
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 6, 2017
Teammates are great and "fend-for-yourself" culture leads to plentiful self-growth, if able to step back from petty work interactions and backwards business processes. Business opportunity is there, but Granite objectives do not include the word "responsibly" in their operational initiatives. COO does not believe in company Mission Statement and defined Values; would rather see accolades from sales teams about their operational support (as it is rare for operations to effectively support the imaginary and poorly structured initiatives from sales and executive management).
Fun Workplace with Competitive enviorment
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 26, 2017
Awesome job. Extremely hard, the pay is there, but it is a hard job. If you can figure out how to be successful there, I recommend it to it anyone, in fact I have recently brought two friends there.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The job was hard.
productive and friendly enviroment
SENIOR PREMIER PROJECT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 20, 2017
work days consisted of 8 to 5 pm.
creating client orders and spreadsheets
great work enviroment.
laid back coworkers
approachable managers and great communication with management
Pros
occasional free breakfast
Cons
Stressful temp time, monotonous work day
Review Analyst Level II (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 14, 2017
Granite was by no means a terrible job, but the day to day provided few new challenges. In most cases, it seems you are promoted heavily in the first year and peak shortly after. The skills I developed at Granite did not translate to the world outside the company, but were painstaking to acquire for use within the company.
Pros
Job security, growing company, lots of overtime
Cons
Work hours
Nice people around and good place to work
Database Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2017
I have good work life balance here. People I work with are knowledgeable and helpful. It's target oriented in our department so that I need to corporate with other coworkers to finish all the goals before each end of quarter.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 29, 2017
The company is good for a jump start.
The people are great to work with
The pay is not good. They do not provide raises or cost of living
The company is very micro- managed
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Busy work day
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  North Quincy, MAOctober 15, 2017
The data entry temp position I worked started off easy & gradually got more complicated. They asked me to work on a very large project, working many over time hours & then they let me go one day after work. My staffing agency had to tell me I was let go. Granite gave the staffing agency no reason why I was let go.
Pros
Possibility of overtime.
Cons
They let go temps without any notice of any kind.
Not fun
Premier Account Analyst (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 25, 2017
Please do not work here. company is awful staff is awful. no one thruves there. all poltics. no one cares about the premier department when this epartment i the backbone to the company
terrible place
Product Pricing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 20, 2017
don't bother working here in anything other than sales, terrible culture, all they care about is sales and salespeople. so much is demanded of you, little room for climbing up the ladder, no set path to progress everyone is considered differently
Not for me
National/Industry Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2017
A lot of cold calling which I am ok with. Very hard to get the deal from closed to completed order with correct billing. No consistency in any area. I learned to do what you feel the right thing is even if it means you may walk away from a lot of money. Some management is helpful others are really lacking knowledge in their business. Workplace culture is great at first but declined quickly for me once I started learning how deals were getting closed. The hardest part of my job would be the office politics. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the new people.
Pros
team outings, wonderful CEO
Cons
Office politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Granite Telecommunications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

2.8Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight