Granite Employee Reviews

Co owner in a granite upcycling business
Owner/Designer/Installer (Current Employee) –  Earth, TXJanuary 19, 2018
We take pieces of granite countertops and upcycle them into creative, beautiful home decor. Our shop is next to my house and we have a showroom where I can meet people and show them our products. I mostly work on weekends creating products and then schedule my own hours for the rest of the week, so it's very flexible and family friendly.
Great boss
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Great group of guys to work with. Paid is ok but its contracting so you can't expect too much. Owner is awesome and very trustworthy. Room for advancement.
Great company but went of business
Cutting Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Easton, MANovember 17, 2017
Gave me a great opportunity with very little experience. The company was good to the employees. After a year there they were shutting the doors. Had to move on.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  White Lake, MISeptember 28, 2017
Overall good company, just small company. So not a lot of advancement opportunities. Great leadership/owners. Other members of the staff were friendly as well.
Our work place
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Orlando floridaJuly 10, 2017
Our work place is great place to work. Looking for better opportunities and weekly pay... If i can build a career for life thats what i am looking for
Pros
Cons
No healhcare
Granite is a nice place to work
Conversion Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 18, 2017
The best part of my experience at Granite was working with the owner, he has a wonderful personality.He did a lot of charitable events that I love to participate in. He frequently joined everyone in the gym for crossfit. He was a delight, as well as his family.

My workload was always manageable for me, I was always given the problem children of the dept but we always excelled and crushed every challenge/goal.

The most enjoyable part of my job was crushing goals, winning prizes for my team, and charitable work for different organizations in the community.
Pros
Free gym
Cons
Upper Management, afraid of competition
Great place to work other then managment
Leadmen (Current Employee) –  WyomingApril 5, 2017
Granite was a great place of employment. It offered great hours and the benefits were good for myself and my family, other then upper management it was a decent job.
Productive place and busy all the time
General Contractor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 9, 2017
Excellent workplace and teamwork.The owner is very down to earth and willing to promote you to the next level.Very secured job and lots of work.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Lacking organization and training, many unhappy and unmotivated employees.
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 14, 2016
Getting to know the customers was enjoyable and I learned a lot about the systems despite the lack of training structure. There was always plenty of work to do.
Pros
Employee discount and, benifits.
Cons
Difficulty following through with training program.
fun work environment/ not much room for growth
GROUNDSKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 13, 2016
good early start in the day load up trucks feel up gas/diesel maintain schools and lawns maintain equipment fix sprinklers change out oilf filters

hardest part of the job sometimes was just simply getting their the most enjoyable part was when you are out on the game mower
Pros
a lot of independence
Cons
time management could be an issue
Great Company
Commissioning Lead (Current Employee) –  EverywhereSeptember 2, 2016
I have worked for Granite for over 8 yrs, holding several positions. Compensation and benefits are top notch, however, my positions all required 100% travel. As to be expected, when the workload exists they keep you gone as much as possible.
Fun and rewarding work
Nuclear Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 30, 2016
Working as a Nuclear Technician is an amazing experience. The amount of knowledge and training you receive is second to non. The management is amazing and is willing to work with you. Hardest part about this jobs is the travel. The most enjoyable part of this job is work its self (not many people can say they have been inside a nuclear reactor)!
A Day in the life at Granite
Driver/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Colchester, CTMay 11, 2016
Clock in, look over runs, and load truck according to customer PO's, Pull orders as needed to complete them, then go out and make all deliveries assigned that day
Pros
Store Manager is a great guy as is most of the staff
Cons
shipping supervisors communication skills are extremely lacking
New experiences, new people and great
Certified Wind Turbine Technician (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 1, 2016
Traveling the country, meeting new people.
Learning new experiences, the pay is great, very educational, technical studies provided, excellent benefits and exploring new places. Its like a paid vacation.
Pros
Always working
Cons
Always working
Counter sales and warehouse (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHJanuary 16, 2016
Started work at 7am worked till 4:30 pm put stock away from the distribution center. pulled order for either delivery or pickup. Also helped with Transfers to other branches and helped at the counter performing sales and pulling order to be picked up by the customer.

There were a lot of great people that worked there and were very helpful. I really didn't find anything to hard about the job just like the challenge of getting the orders done in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers always had a good time with them laughing and joking around.
Pros
The benefits and discounts were great
Cons
Lack of training
The company shows consideration to its employees and listens to their concerns and takes them seriously. They challenge their employees and really try
Sr. Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 27, 2015
Its great co to work & they try hard to meet their employees need.
They have two division Transportation and Construction management.
Enjoy working with them.Life cycle balance.
Provide full health benefit
Pros
Great co to work
Not the best
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 12, 2015
Quincy is a good place to work if you are straight out of college and/or need experience. Other than that, run. I'm not joking. I'm not that bitter. It's just a waste of time. The hours are stupidly strict. You're treated like a child and you will never be able to beat the game. The game always wins.
Pros
no pros
Very reliable company
Wind Technician (Current Employee) –  Arlington, OROctober 17, 2015
Its a great company over all,i would just like to stop traveling not alot stationary position availabe, advancement and management opportunities are avalable
Pros
Great pay
Cons
To much travel
Wonderful Company
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 3, 2015
This is the definition of a class organization. There management is great, and the job expectations are clearly outlined
Pros
Great compensation and support
Good People
National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2015
Granite has a unique product set, but what is most unique about working there is the close knit family type of atmosphere between the sales staff.