Graniterock Employee Reviews

Graniterock is a great place to work and build your life
Associate Account Manager/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 11, 2017
The people here is the thing that makes this company great. Graniterock is focused on safety and for good reason, everyone deserves to go home when the work is done. Beyond safety Graniterock builds a great community that allows the business to thrive.
Great Place to Work
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Aromas, CADecember 3, 2017
Good place to work. Good group of guys and girls to work with. Equipment was in good condition. It was a safe place to work. Days flew by and its nice working out doors.
Pros
10 hour shifts
Cons
part time work
grreat job
Yard supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CASeptember 23, 2017
lots of hard work but can be very satisfying, Company treats you well and pays well. training is on point, certifications available. A job you can retire at.
Pros
A job you can retire at.
Cons
Can be physically taxing
Balanced
Accounts Receivable, Temporary assignment (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CASeptember 4, 2016
I would balance all of the different branches deposits and deposit the money. I would also balance reports. I learned all the different types of products that go into construction. Our accounting team worked well together. I enjoyed learning all aspects of the business.
Pros
work environment
Cons
getting laid off
its a job
driver (Former Employee) –  santa cruz caAugust 1, 2015
Hurry up..are you there yet. Drive fastet drive faster drive daster drive faster drive faster drive faster drive faster drive faster dude i just left the yard
Pros
breaks
Cons
if you dont kiss their butt...you are not working next day
Great job satisfation
Mixer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, Ca.July 3, 2015
Meeting everyday goals. Working a member of a team and every one contributed to teams high job out put. We worked on big highway jobs and small homeowner driveways.
Pros
long days
Cons
N/a
Best Benefits
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAMarch 20, 2014
Great place to work. Best Benefits of anywhere I have worked. They allow you to grow by offering/allowing extensive schooling within and outside the company.
Benefits
Cons
Major layoffs when things get bad. No one is safe.
A good company with great people.
Mixer Driver (Current Employee) –  Seaside, CASeptember 5, 2013
My day is somewhat isolated as I drive to various locations to deliver cement. Safety in all aspect of the job is first and foremost, not only because it is priority one for the company, but also because operating a cement truck, due to unpredictability of each location, carries with it a high fatality rate.

While I do like the company and enjoy every person I have met in the company, the draw back to this job is scheduling, income, and benefits.
Pros
Independent days, co-workers
Cons
Scheduling, income, benefits
A personable company that offers decent compensation
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 29, 2012
For the purchaser position:

Managed inventory levels, procured inventory from venders, facilitated sales transactions with customers and monitored certain sales transactions of co-workers, helped develop and introduce new products, helped train and educate new employees, sat in on interviews and gave opinions when looking for new hires, answered phones, worked the register, operated the forklift and helped keep the location clean.

Management is personable but at times dysfunctional.

Work environment depends on branch (some are better than others).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graniterock. Our community is ready to answer.