Grant Associates Employee Reviews

job work driving surveying
Rodman (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMarch 21, 2019
I enjoyed driving to all the places where we did surveying. I also enjoyed doing the math when I got to reduce the notes. I a typical day, we would drive to 3 or 4 places. We would take a half hour for lunch and eat our sandwiches. I was the rodman, so I didn't use the transit. I would have liked to have learned how to use the transit.
Revolving Door
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2019
It was an ideal job to have. However, the position was considered to be a revolving door. Worked with a small team. The only flaw is poor quality upper management. Lack of communication and favoritism from management.
Pros
Great work exposure
Cons
Cattiness
Excellent place to work
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 3, 2018
Very nice company and an excellent place to work. Ongoing training for all employees. Always business attire everyday. Great supporter of new ideas and input from employees.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 7, 2018
This company is based around providing their employees with a family like feel and they are always one call away. The possibilities are endless here. There is ample room for promotion and they are fair when it comes to compensation.
Grant Associates
Scanning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYJuly 11, 2018
The workplace was very clean and coworkers are very friendly. Tasks are very easy to understand. The hardest part was when the machines would break down and was unable to continue with your task. overall a very enjoyable environment.
Organization mainly hires inexperienced kids.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 28, 2018
Organization gets their $$$ as long as they show names of people they "helped". Experienced people walked in through our door but mostly recent grads (kids) get jobs here.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Weird almost unethical job placement preferences.
Unethical and unprofessional
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDJune 27, 2018
1. Many companies face employee morale issues, but, when taken to extremes, it can turn a company into a "toxic workplace" one that's organizationally dysfunctional.
2. Company unethical based.
3. Manager reward those who are skilled at playing politics even though they never make productive contributions.
4. Manager are always out of the office or hiding in their offices or unable to be reached.
5. When you propose something new and innovative, it gets shot down in a hurry because it's "not something we normally do."
6. Avoiding transparency, leaders refuse to discuss important subjects, including failed projects.
7. Toxic environment has taken hold—and likely can't be reversed.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, overwhelming, unprofessional, unethical.
Good Company to work for
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 15, 2018
Overall, I would say Grant Associates is a good company to work for with ample opportunity for growth, bonus potential and work life balance.
I would recommend this organization to others.
Pros
Bonus potential, work life balance
Not a great company
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
Grant Associates is not a great nor a good company to work for. I'd stay very clear of this company. It has no clear defined culture and the VP of Innovations at the Harlem location has no idea about management nor effective leadership. Please stay away from Grant.
Overall Opinion
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 9, 2018
Inconsistent culture and poor management skills. There is no job consistency. Medical coverage is not affordable for single family households, Piranha atmosphere
Pros
Close proximity
Cons
short breaks
Productive, friendly atmosphere but fast paced environment
Career Services Recruiting Advisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
The typical work day was hectic and I learned a lot about workforce development. The management was supportive of junior staff and the culture was very relaxed and friendly. The hardest part of the job was trying to help the clients but they did not want to help themselves. The most enjoyable part was seeing a client succeed.
Quick-paced environment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 14, 2017
Grant associates has good culture along with great staff willing to work closely with you to help you in your role. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.
Horrible company to work or if you're interested in growth.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2017
Grant Associates is a company focused on profiting verses taking care of employees. If you speak Spanish or Hebrew you will be fine. If not DONT WASTE YOUR TIME.
Pros
Your pay cycle is on wendsday
Cons
unexperienced directors and management
Great atmosphere and rewarding work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 25, 2017
I wore many different hats at Grant because I was eager to learn more than just my role. I enjoyed working with my boss and co workers as every one had a positive attitude. the work is very easy, common sense and at times could be very fast paced.
Pros
rewarding work and great atmosphere
Cons
break is only 30 mins
Run For Dear Life
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 17, 2017
If you do well with functioning in ambiguity, nepotism and poor management well hop on-board. While your day to day may seem like pretty much the average office environment, there-in lie the challenges of working in a bureaucratic regulations. The immaturity of mid-management often lends to poor moral on the work-floor as they aren't experienced or equipped to handle certain issues.
Pros
Cons
unclear goals, poor commission structure/pay out
Work here because you believe in the mission to place a workforce
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2017
Grant Associates is a company that operates under their funders' expectations. It changes direction as instructed and may not always be transparent. Grant is a good company to work for and is making strides in the care of their employees. The mission is really awesome and a great place for someone to start their career.
Pros
Can make a difference serving the NY population
Cons
Constant change in direction and policies because it is a contracted organization
To work in a chellenging position that would assist your company in achieving growth and profits through maximum use of previous experience.
Client Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Knowledge and experience in clerical.
Customer service oriented.
Answer phones, take messages, provide information and direct calls properly.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
rise every six months
Bad Place to work
Retention Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Job Work/Life balance was very poor. Assist young adults with employment but has very little empathy for the youth. Completed a formal grievance about how I was treated and laid off 3 days later.
Nice Group of People
Youth Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKMarch 16, 2016
Nice group of people to work with and their are opportunities for advancement. At this time they are grant funded. However they work to help people get jobs and short term training. There services are at no cost to the public.
Pros
Wonderful place to work
Cons
grant funded
Helping low skilled workers find jobs
Associate (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMarch 7, 2016
Using wide range recruiting tactics to try and find jobs for low skilled workers for companies such as Lowe's, H&M and other retail companies along with chain restaurants.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Associates. Our community is ready to answer.