Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2018
Excellent professional, collaborative experience. Assignments geared to skill set. Smart dedicated team of professionals. They care about the individual
Pros
Good assignments
a typical date
Staff Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 16, 2018
Kept the books for non-for-profit organizations, including but not limited to, journal entries, preparing payroll, reconciliation reports around all accounting cycle. Assisted the firm owner to maintain all the business non-for-profit organizations in compliance with the necessary requirements. Prepared Puerto Rico and Federal Tax returns, payroll quarterly reports, withholding at source tax for services rendered. In additional, assisted the firm owner to audit some clients’ accounts to see if they met the necessary standard process.
Partnership senior associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02109October 2, 2018
Great culture, great experience. People are smart and collaborate. Management team are nice and open minded. Great work life balance. Learning a lot of good experience for partnership taxation.
Learned A Lot, Great Co-workers
Tax/Audit Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2018
Learned a lot, worked a lot. A good culture overall and a good vision. Pretty typical stuff for a large Public Accounting Firm. Lots of opportunity for employees.
Good environment to work
Audit Semi-Senior (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 25, 2018
Kevane Grant Thornton is a very familiar Firm and have a very good work environment. The audit programs such as Voyager and IDEA are a little complex.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low salary, lack of work life balance
Productive and relaxed place to work.
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 19, 2018
Enjoyed my 38 years as an employee with Grant Thornton/formerly Fox & Company. The interaction with the clients was my favorite part and the many employees I got to work with throughout the years was amazing. I had wonderful management. I liked the variety of tasks included in my position. It could be stressful during the various deadlines but everyone worked as a team. We also participated in several community service events which was rewarding.
Pros
Great working atmosphere.
Cons
Evaluations changing constantly.
Great company culture and values
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILSeptember 12, 2018
The firm does a great job of ensuring that the culture is driven down through the organization. Also has a great FTO/Vacation policy and super nice people
Great co-workers
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  LagosSeptember 9, 2018
While the growth isn't very structured, the employed are generally awesome. There is work life balance when compared with what is obtainable in other audit firms.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
Slow promotion
Great firm now but will be even better in the future
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Grant Thornton has invested in such a big way to improve the culture of the firm. It was a great place to work. However, I believe there is still more work to be done to change attitudes and beliefs at the partner level. The partners still behave much too posessively over the clients and over people resources. The needs of the client needs to be priority number one of all partners. There will be no limit to Grant Thornton's growth potential once partners truly get behind the need to bring the best resources of the firm to the client, regardless of what geography or practice area those resources reside.
Pros
Great people, significant improvement in culture
Cons
Partners are still too territorial with the firms clients and the firms people resources
Amazing learning experience
BT and Vendor Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 6, 2018
During my first year at GT, I was immersed in various fields within the company and I received very close coaching. The employees are very accepting and open to help.
Pros
flexible hours, remote options
My Experiance
Tax/Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2018
Typical day at work: busy with different projects
I gained knowledge about provision and compliance engagements
Poor Management
The hardest part of this job is people
I enjoyed location
It is a productive and a lovely place to work in as we have a Friday social bar where all employees interact to learn more from each other
Tax Specialist (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  BlantyreAugust 30, 2018
A typical day will begins with planning for the day so that at the end of the day I am able to accomplish my goals and make progress on my assignments.

I have learnt quiet a lot of things one of which is to build confidence in what I do and always satisfy the customers by giving them what they want without disappointing them.

The work place culture is great as there is an open door policy such that if you have you face a pressing issue regarding work you can always go to the managers or partners and gain guidance and each time I have gone there I have always been assisted.

The hardest part of the job was when I worked with a client that was bullying the team members despite the team helping the client on this particular assignment. One great thing I learnt was to keep calm and maintain the team work by ensuring I remain focus on completing the deliverable despite the client's bullying attitude.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was able to save huge moneys for a major client through a 100 % penalty waiver and a reduction on tax charges that the revenue authority raised from an audit that the revenue authority conducted
Pros
We have a lunch allowance
Cons
Non at the moment
Company culture
Financial Service Senior Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
Great management as they really care about the work life balance of the employee. Top management want to steer new comers from larger firms by providing better benefits.
Great place to start or finish a career
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2018
GT is a great place to work, especially coming straight from college. I truly enjoyed my internship experience. I start full time in September of 2019, however I would like to explore my options and test something more along the lines of strictly finance before starting my career as an auditor.
Pros
Working with smart people everyday
Cons
Busy Season
Overall good experience
Mergers and Acquisitions Tax Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2018
I worked in two different offices at GT - one in the Midwest and one in California. Culture was much different between the two but my experience is that GT is a fantastic place to have a career - a firm that's large enough to have the resources of a Big 4 but small enough that culture is sustainable.
Audit Associate
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 13, 2018
The Audit Program is very competitive and provided extensive opportunities to each employee. The diversity in clientele allowed each associate the chance to engage on a variety of different industries and teams at Grant Thornton.
Pros
Diverse Clientele Basis, cohesive team working groups
Cons
Poor communication and training from upper level management, lack of understanding regarding personal development within the firm
Good Internship
Summer Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 12, 2018
This was a great internship. The firm wide message is consistent about how much they value people. I was working in the Milwaukee office as an intern, and I think that this local office is more focused on average performers and are overlooking a big talent pool.
fun workplace with great people
Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2018
Looking for something different than public accounting. I really enjoyed my time at GT, but would like to branch out into new areas of business. Good benefits and unlimited FTO.
A home away from home
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2018
Grant Thornton has been a great place to work for the past 10 years. The firm provided a great work/life balance and great medical benefits. A great place for career advancement in the accounting industry
There was a steep learning curve without real training.
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2018
Everyone was really busy all the time and asking questions seemed like a burden. If the company took more time with their new hires instead of having them try and learn everything by themselves i would have felt more welcome and less of a burden.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Thornton. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight