Grant Thornton Employee Reviews

Captain your career
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2018
This firm is a great place for college recruits to get their feet wet in public accounting. There is room for advancement, continuing education & growth as a professional. Morale declined recently, but the company seems to be interested in improving it. It makes sense to ensure that their Accountants are trained, mentored and meet their profressional goals. The same doesn't hold true for administrative suppport...............yet. I am hoping that changes in the future.
Good professionals and work environment .
University Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 9, 2018
Good work environment, i have work as student representative in 2008. A lot of good professionals. I would work there again in the near future if there is an opportunity.
A "modern" accounting firm.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2018
Great firm to work for. Everyone works very hard. Great "People Culture". Keeps up with changing work environment. A firm proud to be a part of!!!
Pros
Free breakfasts on Friday; lots of free food, practice communities events.
Cons
Very busy firm.
Career Development
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 19, 2018
As a member of an international organization the US firm provided support and opportunities for staff the develop their careers, including opportunities to rotate as Secondees to other countries.
Pros
International, Strong backoffice support
Cons
None worth mentioning
Good people, good pay. Can be stressful.
Controls Risk Advisory Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed working with the people at GT. Very flexible and team-oriented culture. Advancement can be competitive, but I would say usually fair. Great benefits.
Great Place to Work
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 2, 2018
GT is a great place to work as a young person trying to learn consulting best practices. There is room for growth if you follow the steps to develop a case for promotion.
Great Work Culture
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 31, 2018
Working at Grant Thornton gave me the opportunity to meet great colleagues and work in many different industries. A typical day at work can either be at the office or on the client site.
Great place to work.
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2018
Wonderful place to work. The workplace culture is very inclusive and desirable. The staff is very friendly and supportive so collaboration is almost immediate.
Pros
Flexible Time Off benefit is an added bonus.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2018
Excellent professional, collaborative experience. Assignments geared to skill set. Smart dedicated team of professionals. They care about the individual
Pros
Good assignments
a typical date
Staff Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 16, 2018
Kept the books for non-for-profit organizations, including but not limited to, journal entries, preparing payroll, reconciliation reports around all accounting cycle. Assisted the firm owner to maintain all the business non-for-profit organizations in compliance with the necessary requirements. Prepared Puerto Rico and Federal Tax returns, payroll quarterly reports, withholding at source tax for services rendered. In additional, assisted the firm owner to audit some clients’ accounts to see if they met the necessary standard process.
Partnership senior associate (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02109October 2, 2018
Great culture, great experience. People are smart and collaborate. Management team are nice and open minded. Great work life balance. Learning a lot of good experience for partnership taxation.
Learned A Lot, Great Co-workers
Tax/Audit Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 2, 2018
Learned a lot, worked a lot. A good culture overall and a good vision. Pretty typical stuff for a large Public Accounting Firm. Lots of opportunity for employees.
Good environment to work
Audit Semi-Senior (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRSeptember 25, 2018
Kevane Grant Thornton is a very familiar Firm and have a very good work environment. The audit programs such as Voyager and IDEA are a little complex.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Low salary, lack of work life balance
Productive and relaxed place to work.
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 19, 2018
Enjoyed my 38 years as an employee with Grant Thornton/formerly Fox & Company. The interaction with the clients was my favorite part and the many employees I got to work with throughout the years was amazing. I had wonderful management. I liked the variety of tasks included in my position. It could be stressful during the various deadlines but everyone worked as a team. We also participated in several community service events which was rewarding.
Pros
Great working atmosphere.
Cons
Evaluations changing constantly.
Great company culture and values
Sr. Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILSeptember 12, 2018
The firm does a great job of ensuring that the culture is driven down through the organization. Also has a great FTO/Vacation policy and super nice people
Great co-workers
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  LagosSeptember 9, 2018
While the growth isn't very structured, the employed are generally awesome. There is work life balance when compared with what is obtainable in other audit firms.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
Slow promotion
Great firm now but will be even better in the future
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2018
Grant Thornton has invested in such a big way to improve the culture of the firm. It was a great place to work. However, I believe there is still more work to be done to change attitudes and beliefs at the partner level. The partners still behave much too posessively over the clients and over people resources. The needs of the client needs to be priority number one of all partners. There will be no limit to Grant Thornton's growth potential once partners truly get behind the need to bring the best resources of the firm to the client, regardless of what geography or practice area those resources reside.
Pros
Great people, significant improvement in culture
Cons
Partners are still too territorial with the firms clients and the firms people resources
Amazing learning experience
BT and Vendor Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook Terrace, ILSeptember 6, 2018
During my first year at GT, I was immersed in various fields within the company and I received very close coaching. The employees are very accepting and open to help.
Pros
flexible hours, remote options
My Experiance
Tax/Tax Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 5, 2018
Typical day at work: busy with different projects
I gained knowledge about provision and compliance engagements
Poor Management
The hardest part of this job is people
I enjoyed location
It is a productive and a lovely place to work in as we have a Friday social bar where all employees interact to learn more from each other
Tax Specialist (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  BlantyreAugust 30, 2018
A typical day will begins with planning for the day so that at the end of the day I am able to accomplish my goals and make progress on my assignments.

I have learnt quiet a lot of things one of which is to build confidence in what I do and always satisfy the customers by giving them what they want without disappointing them.

The work place culture is great as there is an open door policy such that if you have you face a pressing issue regarding work you can always go to the managers or partners and gain guidance and each time I have gone there I have always been assisted.

The hardest part of the job was when I worked with a client that was bullying the team members despite the team helping the client on this particular assignment. One great thing I learnt was to keep calm and maintain the team work by ensuring I remain focus on completing the deliverable despite the client's bullying attitude.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I was able to save huge moneys for a major client through a 100 % penalty waiver and a reduction on tax charges that the revenue authority raised from an audit that the revenue authority conducted
Pros
We have a lunch allowance
Cons
Non at the moment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grant Thornton. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Grant Thornton.

Powered by Comparably