GRANTHAM UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Meetings
Student Financial Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 6, 2018
This was the first company that I worked for that had self evaluations. It was hard for me because I am my own worst critic. I am not sure how they evaluate the raises either because I only got one while I was there. The university also has quarterly meetings to tell everyone how the college is doing in all departments. It was overall a great place to work.
Pros
Participated in the KC corporate challenge
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.
Flexible and Rewarding Work
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJune 5, 2018
If you wish to share your knowledge and train students for a brighter future this job is for you. It is a flexible job that is personally rewarding. Teaching a subject you are proficient in only reinforces your knowledge of the subject. Teaching others only expands the service you have to others and is personally enriching.
Grantham is in transition and will hopeully prepare themselves for a bright future.
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 22, 2018
There is a lot going on at Grantham: Management Changes as the highest levels, changes to core systems, and lots of staff turnover. The future is in critical balance but I am hopeful that the new COO can work his magic to move the University into a brighter future. Acceptance of his vision for that future is critical by all management and employees. That paradigm is in critical flux at the moment but I am hopeful for great things to come.
Pros
Great People and Talent
Cons
Diversity of Vision for the path forward amongst various Leadership roles
I understand change
Hard and honest worker (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMay 4, 2018
Change is important for any organization, but when you bring in leaders who lead by fear and intimidation. It is time for one to go. How can you be expected to do your job, if higher management doesn't know what your job is, or better yet, know what direction they want you to go in? How can new management ask you to change a person's performance rating, when they haven't been with the organization for less than 2 months.
Benefits
Cons
Leadership
so so management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 27, 2018
No one seems to know what they were doing, and they did not work with other departments. The recruiting was not done correctly so there were no students to teach. Management hired many new instructors who were unfamiliar with online teaching, but because they had higher degrees, they got the classes. The remainder of the staff were left out. No students equal no pay. This position makes it necessary to have several other posts but, they still require you put in a 40-hour work week. Regular staff was not recognized while certain others were considered the only ones in the department
Pros
Cons
poor management
Organization with opportunities to advance
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 15, 2018
Grantham as an organization has grown somewhat over the last 4-5 years. As a result, they've made some restructuring changes that allow for more opportunity to advance. On top of this, they are also an organization that is typically willing to offer opportunities to internal candidates to move up (or laterally and then up) into new and more advanced positions in the organization. They do have a tendency to silo a bit, but have been working over the last year or two to improve this. Overall, they're a great place to come early in your career to find your niche in higher education and learn the skills you need to be successful.
Pros
Offer partial telecommuting to some employees, laid back atmosphere
Cons
High employee turnover in some departments
Good Benefits
CAREER SERVICES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSMarch 1, 2018
People really do become invested in the Grantham way. Upper leadership changes frequently and this affects the employee culture. Opportunities for growth are common.

Grantham allows employees to attend school for free and also pays for books. The 401k recently increased to 4% match. The healthcare is affordable, they pay for vision and have a base life insurance for employees and spouses.
Adjunct Instructor
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  KansasJanuary 25, 2018
Honestly, I've enjoyed teaching at Grantham. Adjuncts are not the highest paid but neither are they the lowest paid. I've never felt pressured at ANY time to lower my academic standards. However, they do create the class for you and while you can add to it you are not allowed to change it. and some of my current classes need changing. That said, I've been able to make recommendations and have seen them implemented. I've never been hassled because too many students failed; I do expect students to do the work and I grade them fairly. If they fail its almost always because they failed to turn in work but sometimes they are just not ready for college.

I've taught at three public universities and at least during my most recent experience at the public university, it was very clique-ish. Everyone was trying to climb the ladder and if you did anything different, you were out. They claimed academic freedom but I did not have it.

I could be quite happy teaching here for the rest of my professional life (hint, I'm not very young...). I know my subject, enjoy adult students, and genuinely look forward to sitting down in front of my computer in the morning.
Pros
If you are happy being an adjunct, it can be great.
Cons
Not the highest paying position
Growth is all that is needed
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSDecember 28, 2017
I like working for Grantham University. It's an environment conducive of success. The people are awesome, my job is rewarding and I enjoy what I do. My only concern is a lack of growth.
n/a
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  work from homeDecember 15, 2017
the pay is not the greatest. The people who work for grantham are exceptional from the dean of nursing to professors. I do not have any complaints except for low pay scale

Want to know more about GRANTHAM UNIVERSITY?

Ask a question
Education
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2017
Not a bad job. Reenrolled students in to their next semester. Management worked well together and promoted within. Workplace culture was great. Good morale.
Best co-workers ever and extremely flexible
Student Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 27, 2017
Grantham University's Student Advising department is a fun and challenging place to work. The people are great but the management team is lacking. The one thing that they are good at is being flexible. They take the approach that we are adults and being there right at 8 am isn't the most important thing in the world. However, they set unrealistic expectations. We manage a "portfolio" of students who have different individual situations and circumstances. It is a crapshoot of whether or not they will or will not take a class, and that is who you are judged if you do a good job or not. It's not whether you know your job and work hard, it's if you produce. This is not a SALES job, but they treat it as such.
Pros
Relaxed work environment and great co-workers
Cons
Poor leadership
sometimes have fun things to do as a group
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 17, 2017
Too immature and cliquey. You have to be a robot/stepford wife for anyone to even speak to you in the hallway. If you have a mind of your own and question things, you will not fit in here at all.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
90% of the people there suck
It
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 13, 2017
Great Place to work. Awesome opportunity to improve the value of yourself. Management is great, you never feel like you are under the bus for anything. Coworkers are very polite and try to help with anything they can. I have seen a lot of good people develop their skills here then advance into something they have worked hard to become.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Student Account Analyst
STUDENT ACCOUNTS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  KansasNovember 3, 2017
• Maintaining student receivable account records and updating student billing system (Banner)
• Handle daily transactions including auditing documents & registration for accuracy associated with student accounts
Benefits
Cons
Job Culture, Poor Management
Don't know Contact Information
Course Developer, Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2017
The biggest problem with Grantham University is the contact information has not been updated in years and if you have a question regarding payroll, for example, you have to go through multiple people to find the right person.
ok place to work
ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 23, 2017
rules are different for everybody, can be positive at times, but too focused on numbers and not students. need to be more encouraging of employees and help more.
Opportunity to complete my education
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSAugust 16, 2017
The university offers free tuition for employees. That allowed me to finish my BA in Criminal Justice. Employees are encouraged to be Life Changers, not just employees. We were given 8 hours of paid time off to volunteer at an organization of our choice.

For the most part, GU was a casual environment. We were allowed on special days to wear casual wear.

Most of my co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
Allowed to be in control of my work and to use my good judgment.
Cons
Limited opportunities
Love working here!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 17, 2017
I have enjoyed working here- staff is supportive and communication between all staff is wonderful. Courses are 8 weeks long and I am able to choose if I can take on my work .
Deceptive work environment
Admissions (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 8, 2017
Upper management struggles greatly to adapt to the changing landscape of online learning. They change policies then immediately retract said policy changes because they are scared of being shut down like similar for profit nationally accredited universities. It seems as if rules are made up as they go.
Little room for advancement. Last year they laid off 10% of the staff at the school; many more who still work have stopped giving much effort, which is almost to clearvwhen you ask for help from other departments. Yearly salary increases no longer exist and this school desperately needs anyone they can hold onto which is the only reason many people continue to work for Grantham.
The school currently owns a 7% graduation rate for financial aid students. SEVEN percent. So if you want a job where your day-to-day work is borderline meaningless, then work at Grantham.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GRANTHAM UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight