GrapeTree Medical Staffing Employee Reviews

Work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJune 26, 2019
I work at Grapetree and I love the job. It is great especially when I was going to school. It gave me the ability to make my own schedule and work when it was convenient for me.
Run
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2019
I worked as a CNA and this was a load. They will fire you for no reason. I literally followed all requirements and was terminated for “not participating” whatever that means. I don’t know how someone who is working more than most isn’t participating. They’re ridiculous.
BAD Place to work
Un happy worker (Former Employee) –  IAMay 23, 2019
Okay guys,
Here the truth about the Agency.... they should told you in interview that the Agency does pay very well and will send you to really bad facilities who are bad in the beginning. All the facilities who needs help are bad.....if you look at review it's all 1 or 2 stars...never 4 or above.

The other thing about the Agency is when you request a place you wanna work... they never do it. so your stuck with bad places. meaning I requested lots of places with iam available and hours but they never look into it.

50.00 ( out of your pocket) if you cancel shift or not show up..... they wont give you other's people number to cover your shift. (then how the heck can you cover your shift)

Aslo The management for grapetree is kinda useless, if you have a problem with another employee or facility they do not take things seriously

In conclusion, you really wanna work there.... go to bad and horrible places that make you work you to death, feeling drained and body ach. Noway.
Pros
Cons
Everything about it
Very flexible and great if you like to travel
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spencer, IAMay 5, 2019
I love this job as it allows me to make my own schedule and in turn spend more time with family and take as many weekends off as I need. Definitely would be great as a part time job as well since you can schedule yourself as little as possible
Pros
Flexible schedule, weekends off, great pay
Cons
Might have to drive far, no benefits, not really stable
Very good pay and very good management and communication
CMA/CNA (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEApril 29, 2019
I have not been with grape tree very long but the assignments that I have been on I chose myself. Work place choices are up to you if you try a facility and you do not like it tell your grape tree associate and they will not send you there, but again you pick where you want to work if your credentials match up. I like the attendant policy and they let you explain if you have any problems just make sure you have your proof to show if you are late or miss a day as in any job it will go down in your HR record, but don’t choose a shift you are not able to fill. You choose the shift so make sure your availability is taken care of for that shift. At grape tree you have the option of priority pay or wait on your regular time set pay day or epay. I like my position at grape tree and plan on staying a while, if I have ever had any trouble all I do is call and they assist me in every situation. The pay is top notch the management is great. I like my job at grape tree and feel like if you are in the medical field this is a great place to work, you choose your schedule and if you want to be absent just don’t pick up shifts, but we all have bills and my hourly wage is enough to pay my bills and then some and sometimes they offer an extra dollar or five dollars an hour if it comes down to the facility really needing help. So if you are thinking of working for Grape Tree I highly recommend it.
Pros
Pay, flexibility, hours of your choice and facility of your choice, pick of favorite facilities and if you have a facility that they don’t cover ask them about it.
Cons
mileage in most cases you will work maybe an hour away and mileage is not paid.
The management
Staffing agent (Current Employee) –  Milford, IAApril 23, 2019
The management for grapetree is kinda useless, if you have a problem with another employee or facility they do not take things seriously, and they treat everyone differently and out of bounce from the policy handbook
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
The management and HR department are crooked and treat everyone differently in the same situation
Fantastic
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILApril 19, 2019
I love working for Grapetree. I have never felt more valued by an employer. So sad that I am relocating outside of their service area. Hoping to find another agency that can live up to my amazing experience with Grapetree.
Pros
Self-scheduling, per diem, very competitive pay
Cons
No health coverage
Grapetree Work Environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAApril 2, 2019
Working at Greapetree has its perks. It is very self rewarding for us staff to be able to pick up shifts to help out other facilities that are in need. It is interesting to see ow different facilities work and little tricks of the game you learn.
great!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  transitMarch 29, 2019
working for grapetree is an awesome experience and allows me to meet wonderfull people and travel all over iowa all while receiving competitive wages..
Great way to learn nusring skills.
Nurses Aide (Current Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAMarch 11, 2019
Great pay and flexible hours. Allows you to make your work schedule to go around classes and family. Not always a lot of assignments close to home. Work is hard cause of low staffing.
Pros
Pay/schedule
Cons
Alot of driving to assignments.
Fun job!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 4, 2019
I enjoy working for Grapetree. The hours are the same as a nursing home but the pay is way better. The only complaint I have is hours that’s get canceled. Sometimes you depend on that money and the hours arent always there for my area.
Pros
Pay!
Cons
Not enough
Manage your own life but need to do some driving
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, IADecember 29, 2018
This was one of the better traveling medical staffing companies that I have worked for. They are very flexible and help work to get you staffed somewhere. The only issue is some of the facilities were pretty far and they don't do mileage reimbursement
traveling to different nursing facilities
Certified Nurse Asstistant (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IADecember 13, 2018
I like how you can pick your own hours and travel to any facility u want. This company also allow you to get paid early with a fee if you need money sooner then the pay period.
Wouldn't recommend for main job
Traveling Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, NEDecember 10, 2018
Very unforgiving with call ins. No one qualifies for insurance and getting full time hours is next to impossible some weeks. No training and many missed shifts due to poor response time by staffing specialists.
Good Place to Work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Milford, IANovember 30, 2018
I think the major con of the job is that being an agency, hours are not always guaranteed. Other than that, the facilities that they do send me to are usually higher class facilities and I have something positive I can say about each one.
Pros
Almost everything
Cons
Hours are not guaranteed. No health insurance until after a year of full time employment
I love being a travel CNA!
CNA (Current Employee) –  Milford, IANovember 12, 2018
Being a travel CNA had so many perks. Once you figure out the main facilities you enjoy going to scheduling yourself is easy and super convenient. I really enjoyed a few specific facilities!
Pros
Competitive pay!
Cons
No sick time
Often Misrepresent
CNA/LPN (Former Employee) –  Spirit Lake, IAOctober 29, 2018
Jobs and the qualifications to attain are not clear. Statements about paybacks for furthering personal qualifications also unclear. They lead you to believe they will reimburse for example....LPN Supv class when in fact they will not. As an LPN you not allowed to apply for jobs without 2 years experience and is relayed to potential employees only after time is wasted applying. They simply want to keep you on their roster. When they told me a facility would not hire me due to lack of experience they were wrong and I was hired direct.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of trust
Flexible
CERTIFIED NURSES AIDE (Current Employee) –  Milford, IA 51351October 4, 2018
Pays more than most companies, and you can make your own schedule. Never had to worry about not having a assignment. minimal cancellations. Always had places available to go to.
Good pay and flexible
Travel nursing (Current Employee) –  Milford, IASeptember 30, 2018
You have a flexible schedule. You are able to pick when you work and where you work. Good pay. You are able to work with and meet many different people.
Pros
Good pay and flexible
Cons
Bad management, poor communication, traveling, and lack of onsite training
Great Staff and Co workers
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicagoland Area, ILAugust 23, 2018
Management is supportive and kind, direct in their approach to make sure you are well informed of the facility rules and other pertinent information. The hiring process was lengthy maybe that is because the company is out of state and everything is done online and or over the phone
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
work locations are far, possibility of shift cancellation, $50 penalty fee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at GrapeTree Medical Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.