Graphic Packaging
53Below average

Graphic Packaging Employee Reviews

United States881 reviews
It was ok
Learn some things on the job it was satisfied with my quality award why Supervisor was not really all there but okay for the most everybody would pretty much okay I'm respectful and mindful of the work environment
Workplace & Culture
Need to implement training for new employees and continuous training. Better opportunities are needed for advancement.
The hardest part of the job is GPI's peak-season. It would be of great benefit to have season/contract workers to assist during peak season. One person should not be responsible for a job. Peers or management team is needed during out of office (vacation, sick time or other) to cover.
Poor management
Managers do not care about the employees. Only care about making themselves look good. Will happily throw you under the bus for it too. Many of them have a God complex and think that they can do no wrong and know everything about everything. Very cutthroat and if you point anything out that they did wrong they'll write you up for no reason or just fire you. Very stressful workplace.
Good pay long hours
It is a good company to work for, the only thing I don’t like is that it’s a 12hr shift rotation so your sleep patterns is crazy . Also there is really not a lunch break you have to eat on the go or scarf your meal down between rolls coming off the line .
I work for a temp.service for.this company and it takes a while to actually get hired on fully to the company
Overall good job...some management are better than others but it pay fairly well.12hrs shifts work 4 off 2 or 4 days...always work available..........
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Very good place to work
Good benefits great ppl to work for and you make every good money.. It is fast pace but you get use to it after awhile.. The training system could be better there but once you get it down all you can do is improve
Good job, no flexibility, hard to have other commitments
This is a good job for somebody that does not want to do anything else with their life or on the side. They don't have your schedule until like thursday or friday for the following week. (it's been a few years since I worked there). It was hard to plan anything. Good luck trying to have another job or go to school at a campus with this job. They will switch you from one rotating 12 hour night shift to the other rotating 12 hour night shift. Then sometimes you will do a rotating 12 hour day shift despite having a night preference. Then you will be laid off no warning for about 1-3 weeks. Then you will come back and work a month of forced overtime. Then you might do 8 hour shifts for a while then back to 12s.

Ok, having said that. This is a good job for someone without college. Expect to make $40,000ish in the starting position your first year, give or take depending how much OT you want to do and how many layoffs blah blah blah blah. They offer benefits and pay most of your monthly premium. I think they paid about 80% of my monthly premium for healthcare which I am finding out recently a lot of jobs don't even do that- you might as well be self employed basically w/ how much they make you pay wtf. It is pretty easy to move up in Graphic Packaging. This is a union company w/ a decent union imo. It is easy to move up positions/switch departments/ move up in pay. Unfortunately, with the Californication (cost of living rising) I would say that self employment or going back to school for the highest paid jobs is a better option. But if you're in a bind or want to make a career
 - more...
Productive and fast paced
I had the pleasure of working at a carton folding company for the last 9 yrs. I started as a packer/feeder and excelled to become a machine operator.
It was ok company bad management
I would have like the company if management was helpful very hard the culture was working therei really Didn’t stay there long maybe a few months they didn’t take the time to train individual that much very rude supervisor working with the company
No nonsense for lateness.. But the care for their employees great benefits.the managers are willing to help you when you are in need of help. The have holiday parties. Just a great company to work for.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Graphic Packaging?
Great Company
This is a great company to work for.. They always showed appreciation to the workers such as luncheon, t-shirts ect.. I enjoyed working for this company although I didn't have time for my family, soon as you get use to day shift it's time for you to go on night shift . Rotating every 28 days was horrible.. You did get pto, floating holidays and swapping days .. And they well train you! Anything that I want or need to learn they offered it!
Expect to get out of this company whatever you put into it
I have worked at Graphic Packaging for several years now and they have been great to me. I have found that if you put in the effort to help the company succeed it will also benefit you. You will be given many opportunities to advance but it will be up to you to put in the effort to be selected for advancement and follow through with the opportunities.
terrible management always looking for a reason to fire people. Very stressful environment. expectations
expectations are you will stay anytime asked even within an hour of leaving and stay for up to four extra hours! must come in early at a spur of notice or can be fired.
Great people
Working at graphic Packaging has been challenging, which is nice and the people I work with are great. Take a moment and consider them for a career, you will thank me for it!
Well-oiled machine.
This place operates extremely smoothly. I got fired for following a safety shortcut that one of my trainers showed me. No hard feelings though, great place to work. 5/5 would do it again. Only downside is theres absolutely no flexibility in schedule. Be there or be square.
Great
Great and a good working environment. Some improvement can be done within the company. I've seen and learned alot at the position I'm in currently. Thank you
Overall good jon
The factory was great it was the lack of managing that made the problem and u are not allowed to miss even one day without losing your job even with a doctor's excuse
Productive place to work , fast paced.
As a packer i inspected cartons for different food chains, later i excelled to become a machine operator in charge of gluing and folding of various cartons.
Horrible place
This has got to be the worst place I’ve worked at hands down everything about this place is so messed up this place needs a union desperately everyone is expected to work like a dog and nearly kill themselves to reach there standards they have all this place cares about is numbers and money they don’t care about anyone who works for them the shifts are 12 hours which isn’t bad it’s just what have to do while your working that makes it bad if you want no social life but a lot of money this job is for you
Must have endurance
Great for someone who wants to work many hours of overtime. 12 hour shifts 6 days a week, and 13 days straight for some (Mandatory). Beside being over worked, you will gain a lot of experience. This job is a Union based, meaning growth opportunities are limited and will only come with time.
Look elsewhere
Once you’re in your chances of advancing is almost non existent.. managers only care about themselves and their bonuses.. not one single person follows the core values..
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Pay, work/life balance/ appreciation
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graphic Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Graphic Packaging.