Graphic Packaging Employee Reviews

They are their own worst Enemy
Operator (Former Employee) –  Verona, VASeptember 17, 2018
Management, management, management.......... They continuously ride their employees over production goals that are set by pencil pushers. Those same pencil pushers don't factor in machine issues, or short-staffing issues. And no one stays long because of how bad of a reputation GPI has. All management cares about is that you keep your line running, even if you dont have a feeder and a packer. Out of the 3 packaging companies that have owned this building, Graphic Packaging has been by far the worst one. Please, please, please stay away from this place!!!!!!! There's more shady things happening here than id ever want to post publicly.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Management treats you like a dog, everyone is sleeping with everyone, felons galore
Warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Perry, GASeptember 10, 2018
Graphic packaging was an easy work environment , the only thing about it was the 12 hours rotation was kind of bad for me to handle with being a single other of three children.
Fast-Paced
Feeder Packer (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 9, 2018
Graphic Packaging is an extremely huge warehouse with lots of different stations and places to learn every station. Management was horrible. Hardest part of job was you have to really keep yp wit the pace of the machine otherwise you'll make mistakes and errors.
Lower pay for what you do
Electrical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Crosby, MNSeptember 7, 2018
Overall a decent place to work, I felt a little underpaid for what i was doing and it was a very stressful job trying to get things done on time for customers. benefits were okay, pretty standard.
Pros
flex time
Cons
short breaks all timed by a buzzer, felt like high school
No work / home life balance
Slitter/ Laminator Operator (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WISeptember 5, 2018
The compensation at Graphic Packaging International Inc. was above average, but the 72 hour work weeks along with it being a swing shift schedule, made your relationships and home life non-existent. All a employee does is work and sleep. I am a college student that is middle aged and trying to attend classes online and between working their full time schedule and going to school, most of the time I was not sure what day of the week it was.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
no time for family or friends
Lots of work available
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GASeptember 5, 2018
A lot of overtime. High paced, little breaks environment.
Poor communication between management and employees.
Fair pay. A lot of rules and regulations to pay attention to.
Attention to detail is a must.
Pros
pay
Cons
20 minute lunch breaks
Great Group but advancement is very slow
New Product Development and Materials Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, COSeptember 4, 2018
I Really like the people that I work with and most of the work I do. The main issue I have with GPI is that advancement is very slow. I have work there for almost 10 years with only 1 jump in grade while always having great reviews.
long hours no time for family
Finishing Gluer Operator, Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAAugust 30, 2018
theres no communication, work a lot of hours. Company doesn't care about its employees. they have you doing unnecessary work,There are a lot of lazy people working there.
not the best place to work if you are family oriented
Assistant Operator (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAAugust 24, 2018
I would only recommend this place of employment to people who are of younger age and high physical tolerance. You basically give up your life to work at Graphic Packaging which is very stressful and depressing. The compensation is good and the benefits are outstanding.
Pros
compensation
Cons
unsafe work practices, strenuous and stressful long workdays and weeks
Fast paced, stressful work place.
Box assembler (Former Employee) –  Kenton, OHAugust 20, 2018
When working here it was not a completely bad experience. I enjoyed most of my time at this company after switching my job title over to being a box provider/assembler. Even though I didn’t have much free time because I worked a lot I was dedicated because the money was enough to make me financially comfortable.

Want to know more about Graphic Packaging?

Ask a question
long days but good work schedule
temp (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAAugust 19, 2018
days are twelve hours long but work only 3 days with two days off and then two more days before getting off for three. day and night shift switch every month. over all the work day is long but the schedule makes up for it.
Pros
good managment
Cons
not allowed to leave the property for duration of shift
Good Place if put with the right shift
Car Loader in Shipping (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAAugust 18, 2018
Depending on the shift, it can be a good place to work. Stressful at times, but if you have decent co-workers who pull their weight, it isn't so bad. However, if you're on a shift with a bunch of lazy workers, you're pretty much on your own.
Provides for family expenses though. It's a job I'm thankful to have!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours, No breaks
Productive work, competitive pay, good benefits, opportunity for advancement
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Centralia, ILAugust 18, 2018
Have been employed at GPI for 7 years. Started out as a production worker and moved up to a maintenance position. This company offered me the opportunity to return to school and get a degree in industrial technology. Not only did they offer me this opportunity, they also PAID for my schooling in full and were flexible with my work and school schedule, allowing me to continue working full time, while also being a full time student and affording me plenty of time to keep up with my school work and family! As with any factory/production industry job, there are times of stress and feeling overwhelmed, but that’s par for the course in any job/career. Also, as for any factory/production industry job, I feel that the management team gets an unfair rep. After all, it is managements job to ensure that our customers needs are met, and I feel like workers who don’t understand that, are most likely in the wrong industry. Reading several reviews, from several different GPI plants, I feel like this company gets an unfair representation when it comes to management and job culture. Obviously, management is going to ask questions when equipment goes down. It’s their job to know and understand what issues are causing downtime or quality issues so that that they can relay that information to our customers. With that said, management doesn’t “hound” or “harass” its employees as some of these reviews would lead you to believe. As far as job culture goes, some ee’s are always happy, while others are always mad. Again, that’s par for the course in any field. Your job and your life is what you make  more... of it. If you’re bringing personal problems into work with you, you’re going to feel like the culture is bad. If you’re able to separate your personal problems from your work life, you’ll see the plant culture for what it is, which overall, is pretty darn good. With all that said, if you like being paid a good, fair wage, if you like having good health, dental, vision insurance, if you like paid vacations and holidays, if you like being afforded the opportunity for advancement, you’ll love working for this company. Yes, it’s a challenging job at times as far as working hard goes, but nothing unreasonable is required, asked, or expected of their employees. They will never ask an employee to put their or their co-workers health or safety on the line. So, to recap, if you like a good paying job with good benefits, vacation and paid holidays, opportunities for advancement, and you understand that managements job is to be informed and in the know about downtime and quality issues, you will love working for this company. If you are one to complain about having to do a little hard work and having to answer simple questions from a manager or supervisor, you’ll most likely be unhappy in any field.  less
Pros
Good pay, benefits, opportunities for advancement, paid vacation and holidays
Terrible Place to work
Feeder-Packer-Sorter (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 15, 2018
This company only cares about the clients & numbers. No family values unless it's management or salary workers only. The plant manager is bias along with Human Resource. If you have small children this company is not for you. This company point system is ridiculous.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Poor Culture and Management
Terrible place
Process tender (Current Employee) –  Queen City, TXAugust 15, 2018
They don’t care anything about people they will force you to work overtime or stay late and may take your days off. Terrible on family life. You must sacrifice your time for them.
Pros
Tons of overtime
Cons
Forced overtime and no family life
laborer
Quality Control Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIAugust 15, 2018
some positions are extremely physical. stand a lot at the end of the machines to catch the product and package them up. Fast paced. Little assistance from co workers.
Long Days and Longer nights
Production Worker (Temp)/ Case Maker (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAAugust 14, 2018
when working at graphic packaging you are automatically schedule for 12 hr shifts but it could last to 16 hr shifts because of mandatory overtime which they let people volunteer, but if there isn't enough volunteers they will draft you to cover those hours if youre, low enough on the totem pole. The management at plant 70 is the worst. They choose favorite and do not follow the rules that they have designed and try to enforce. they will draft you for mandatory over time or make you come in on your off days if they have a grudge against you no matter how if youre the lowest person or not. The co-worker are pretty great on the floor everyone tries to help on another on machines.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Management, work/life balance, New scheduling, enviroment
It’s a okay job
Teach Assistant (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 12, 2018
It’s a okay place to work don’t really care a lot about there workers and didn’t get your raise very often they would tell you something and do the opp
Fine if you don't mind sexism or colorism from your managers
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Charlestown, INAugust 8, 2018
White managers favor white workers, black managers favor black workers, male managers rude only to female workers and vice versa, HR will do nothing to stop these issues.
Pros
Next to taco bell, don't have to clock out for lunch
Cons
Little to no training, not temperature controlled, short break times, sexism, micromanagement
No comment
Roll Tender (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHAugust 8, 2018
I did from formers to printing department, packed cartons to assist press operators did make readys material handling to proses the ink room and also did some maintenance work for the formers maintaining the forming machines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graphic Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.