Graphic Packaging Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great overtime
Continuous Improvement Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAJuly 11, 2018
Productive with long hours. when its hot, it is hot and when it is cold, it is cold. Great overtime hours but no advancements even with a college degree.
bad company
utility packer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILJuly 11, 2018
the point system is the biggest drawback as there is no leeway in it for extenuating circumstances, like a family member passing or one getting sick, they will give you a point regardless and will refuse to drop them for a doctors note or any other form excusing the absence.
Pros
Cons
many
Graphic packaging is a nice place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2018
I would love to relocate in Dallas , The Elk Grove company is a large company it's a fast pace bit everyone works together,Its a very competitive company
Pros
Free water
rigorus
Staff Quick (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILJuly 8, 2018
the job i did was very rigorous and stressful. They wont give more training if you ask one person is doing a two person job. if you are not fast enough they give you dirty looks and talk crazy to you
Pros
discounts
Opportunity
Finishing Helper (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 6, 2018
Advancement depends on you. Long hours and cannot leave the building after clock in. Climate controlled environment but lacks with cutthroat co-workers. Strict rules and regulations. Overall great having unlimited overtime availability mon-sun but only Scheduled rotating 4 days on and 4 days off.
Pros
Advancement and PAY
Cons
People
Hostile work environment
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILJune 30, 2018
My coworkers are great. The work conditions are tough. 12 hour shifts without climate control. The work itself is not bad, but would be better with eight hour shifts.
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers
Cons
Long shifts, mandatory overtime.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAJune 28, 2018
Yes it was a productive and a fun workplace. I like the people I worked with and it is always a great pleasure for me to go to work because the atmosphere is very friendly.
Good company
Quality Tester (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 28, 2018
Sad to see the Santa Clara mill close due to budget cuts. The people and culture of the mill was good and made life long friends. I learned a lot about quality of paper as well as different types of paper.
Great coworkers
Regional Reliability Manager, CPD (Current Employee) –  VirtualJune 27, 2018
The Company overall is very good company to work for. When you step onsite you need to be ready to work. My mistake was taking an promotion in what turned out to be the weak part of the company. Sadly and without any warning I was gone. 8 years of hard work, spending more time at plants than at my own house and it was over with one decision to cut costs. My advice is if you work for GPI stay with the Mill Division. If i did I would still be employed with GPI.
Pros
Great pay
Big Company business model
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIJune 25, 2018
The GPI business model is to buy up smaller packaging companies and then either close the smaller shop and take their business to one of their other plants or shut down their other plants and move the business to newly acquired shops and close the old ones.
Real Process Engineering
Process Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 19, 2018
You are in a real Processes Engineering environment and apply all the theoretical knowledge you learn. Work with all kinds of people from operators to plant managers.
Pros
Making useful product
Cons
sarcasm is second nature
Good money & coworkers
Customer Advocate / Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Medina, MNJune 17, 2018
Good coworkers & and location. hours lunch time atmosphere and over company. Unfortunately they take on too much and are able to complete all jobs on time
Not a bad place to work
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJune 11, 2018
Not a bad place to work. Days are hot and cold in the warehouse but other then that its ok. They pay good for the area, train you to do the job, and are willing to listen on some things
was a good place to work
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 1, 2018
good management, good culture, good job security. Good pay, strong focus on culture and safety. Locations all over the US, opportunity for advancement.
was a decent place to work
mounter (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARMay 31, 2018
my review is i would still be working there if they had not closed down so i dont know what kind of review you need me to write they moved operations to another state
All money is not good money
Finishing Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenixville, PAMay 30, 2018
You're throwing your life away for a hard earned dollar. You will work 65+ hours a week mandatory and then get spit in your face. Save yourself the hassle. This place is a revolving door including management. The department is being ran by exploited foreigners with limited education and English speaking abilities. Sweatshop culture.
Pros
Cons
Bad culture, Racism, nepotism.
Good money bad hours
Tech Production Services (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 28, 2018
At the benign it was an awesome place to work at. Great atmosphere, hard work but we had full paid benefits. I thought I was going to retire there. But little by little they started taking away our benefits.
Pros
Good pay, overtime whenever you needed more money.
Cons
Graveyard shift, Working through the weekend.
Fast-paced professional work environment
Feeder Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 25, 2018
People want to work smart not hard. A typical day is troubleshooting any and all the problems that may arise. Work place culture is to maintain quality product while working at the most efficient pace.
Steady income
Power Equipment OperatorlHR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Prosperity, SCMay 20, 2018
The income is steady and it pays the bills. Would like to see more room for advancement . The culture has been challenging lately due to all of the senior employees leaving to find better paying jobs and different career avenues.
Pros
Cookouts o
Cons
only working three days per week
BOBST DIE CUTTER (Current Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 20, 2018
A typical day at work is fast paced, getting out high numbers of production. the hardest part is trying to meets required numbers and the machines are out dated and constantly breaking down.
Pros
overtime given
Cons
short breaks