Graphic Packaging Employee Reviews

Productive place to work
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 11, 2018
Awesome place to work. I would love to work there on permanent full time basis. Upper management was very respectful and helpful. The pay was fair, and I enjoyed the team work atmosphere
Brutal culture
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 2, 2018
Culture causes employee churn and relentless expectations hurt those with families.
Work life balance is way out of balance. Organization used to be good with families, now its treated negatively.
Pros
Free snacks sometimes
Cons
Ruin good employees who show promise
Graphic packaging place of the future
Glue Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  West Monroe, LANovember 1, 2018
30 year employee with clean record starting at starting out stacking boxes working through the ranks to glue machine operator training in sop oper by guidelines and all quality procedures
Pros
Made a lot of money
i had great days at graphic
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Perry, GAOctober 24, 2018
i had got days at graphic nice.. i like the breaks the swing shift of i can go back i would. i was working under a container when i was at graphic. I wish they didn't have that test i mite still be working.. im a very hard worker doe.
Good Luck!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAOctober 22, 2018
Hard work, long hours, low pay, have to be fast paced almost to the point of being a robot, they dont hire many women, they watch you everywhere and all the time, if you miss a day youre fired.
Pros
Fellow employees are nice
Cons
long hours with last minutes notice
management should be replaced
Printing Operator (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LA Plant 70October 20, 2018
The management can not be trusted to treat employees correctly nor fairly!! working conditions are unacceptable. there are safety issues all over the plant and managements only concern is production.
Pros
insurance, fellow employess, .
Cons
management is deplorable, days off are very infrequent, wages do not match rersponsibilities nor worries
Day to day
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Marion, OH 43302October 17, 2018
Work hard
short braks
very hot inside
standing 12 hours on hard floor
up and down stairs every couple mins

people are very nice

not a lot of heavy lifting

very easy job

great pay
Pros
pay
Cons
heat
Great pay and work atmosphere
Second Pressman Printing Press operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith ArkansasOctober 13, 2018
Enjoyed my almost ten years there with great overtime opportunities, time off, oay, benefits, and fellow employees. I would like to work there again now that I have a HVAC-R license in the state of Arkansas.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Non smoking environment, vacation coverage difficult at times during holidays
Great place to work, just some people made it hard to work there and do my job
Assistant Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 12, 2018
A great place to work to get great press skills, enjoyed my job there and some of the people I worked with. They need a supervisor in printing on night shift.
stressful
Assistant Machine Operator/Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 4, 2018
the job is stressful, the culture is very bad, work a lot of overtime. I stayed because the money and benefits were really good. they have a good union.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
very bad culture
Job/life balance is hard. Only 1 personal day a year. 1 Point for each day you have to call off for being sick. 8 Points and you lose your job.
Packer (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILOctober 3, 2018
Constantly busy packing boxes with sleeves of cups. Cleaning out bagger safely when it gets jammed up with cups. Management is busy watching over employee's. Very diverse group of employee's. Packing cups and numbering and stamping boxes for three lines alone. The people I work with.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Fast pace
stressful, bad work life balance
Manager, Capacity Planning and Analysis - Americas (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHOctober 2, 2018
stressful, bad work life balance--very high expectations with low accountability with peers....lots of double standards across the divisions. Often criticized for obstacles out of your control
Management doesn't have a clue
Operator (Former Employee) –  Verona, VAOctober 2, 2018
Promises were made and never kept. Its strictly management by numbers. Management only cares about what the numbers look like with no concern for the employees. They will work you to death and simply prop another person up in your place. Its not worth the pay for all the family time that you will sacrifice. I expressed my concerns and was told to keep my opinion to myself and get back to work. If you want to go work for a company that still believes that we operate in the 1960s go to work here.
Pros
not much
Cons
Managements attitude toward employees
Extremely stressful
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pacific, MOOctober 1, 2018
Extremely stressful and and combative place to work, management is very very poor they don’t have a clue how to properly run a maintenance shop everyone who works there are trying to get out
management change was not beneficial
Lean Manufacturing Lead, Press and Glue Operator (Former Employee) –  marion, ohioOctober 1, 2018
Upon hiring at GPI the atmosphere was very conducive to work and advancement. After and almost complete turnover of up and middle management the atmosphere changed as well as all lean philosophies died out.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
teriible family life
Poor management , unlimited overtime (mandated)
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Kendallville, INOctober 1, 2018
management lies to employees. Mandates overtime even though you already work 12 hour shifts. Culture is very negative . Have to schedule vacation a year in advance and it still may not be approved. If you have another option stay away from this company
Pros
Pay
Cons
Great pay but little work/life balance
Press Assistant and Feeder (Former Employee) –  Newton, IASeptember 26, 2018
A typical day would involve alot of thinking on your feet, encountering numerous production issues and doing my very best to remove the roadblocks. I learned that my experience could make a significant and positive affect on production efficiencies if an open and responsive relationship exists between management and production staff. I think that a healthy workplace culture is one where there is mutual respect that is earned from employees as well as management. The excessive hours of overtime and an inability to plan for any life outside of work was extremely demanding of all employees, physically and mentally. What impressed me was the initiative that employees took and the relationships I had with those individuals that were enlightening and enjoyable.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very poor moral
good
13B Cannon Crewmember (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 20, 2018
Good terms and i learnt a lot everything was great and the most enjoyable part of the job is everyone is very friendly..........the management was the best so far..
Overtime helped to build up savings
Cellophane Operator (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WISeptember 19, 2018
Worked at Graphic Packaging in Menasha for six years until they shut down the Menasha plant in November 2016.
The job that I last performed at Graphic was in the Cellophane department as an operator. There was plenty of work and overtime was scheduled often. The extra hours helped me to make money and build up savings for my growing family.
They are their own worst Enemy
Operator (Former Employee) –  Verona, VASeptember 17, 2018
Management, management, management.......... They continuously ride their employees over production goals that are set by pencil pushers. Those same pencil pushers don't factor in machine issues, or short-staffing issues. And no one stays long because of how bad of a reputation GPI has. All management cares about is that you keep your line running, even if you dont have a feeder and a packer. Out of the 3 packaging companies that have owned this building, Graphic Packaging has been by far the worst one. Please, please, please stay away from this place!!!!!!! There's more shady things happening here than id ever want to post publicly.
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Management treats you like a dog, everyone is sleeping with everyone, felons galore

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graphic Packaging. Our community is ready to answer.