Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. Employee Reviews

Sell you the moon, and don't deliver.
general (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WIMarch 21, 2018
Don't ask don't tell culture,

Reviews are not given unless you either hound someone for one or threaten to quit.

The only true benefit to this company, your paycheck.

Unprofessional and unappreciated work environment.
primarily enjoyed my job
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJanuary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed my job working in Accounts Payable, it was interesting and challenging working with numbers. My co-workers that i worked with was very enjoyable.
Pros
dairy product discounts
Cons
management needs some work
daily routine
Fluid Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJanuary 13, 2018
re leave prior shift pull, samples drive Grasslands trucks, unloaded milk trucks until 8pm. start cleaning and running the wash CIP's. time management food food industry practices. fast past and at times stressful. keeping all parties happy. fast passe and commerardary.
Pros
benifites
Cons
no personal life
Good benefits is about the only benefit
Office (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WINovember 16, 2017
Company has good benefits, but low pay considering the market wage for positions. At the end of the day, the benefits are really not that great, as you are not making what you should be making.

It is very hit or miss on the positions, depending on which supervisor you fall under. Many workloads are heavy, to the point of being unrealistic.

There are many that treat employees in demeaning ways; it makes you hate going to work everyday. Thus, the job atmosphere for many is very poor...there is a large amount of turnover across the board, which is no surprise. The family that owns the company are down to earth and nice people (but they also are not the ones you work with all the time). There are also very nice people that work there.

Little to no room for advancement, unless you are related to someone or have been there for decades. The company simply grew too quickly, but the management did not.
Benefits
Cons
wages, workload, minimal time off
great health package
Dairy manager (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WINovember 12, 2017
They had a very good health care package. The family that owns the company were great to work for. Management was somthing else. Never heard a good word from them for all of the things we did. Never got a review or a raise in my time there.
Pros
healthcare package
Cons
no thanks for you work
factory
Powder packaging operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WISeptember 13, 2017
very easy work if you have the right job. it is also an if game on what supervisor you get. some jobs suck and some are good. you work a lot for low pay.
Machine operator 2016 (Former Employee) –  Greenwood wiJanuary 14, 2017
Good place to work. Liked my boss alot but didn't like some of the other upper management who dictated but couldn't do the job. Hated working 2nd shift for the fact I never saw my kids or my sick husband loved the fact they worked with me to me off for my husband's appointments. Good pay but he at the consequences of 5 days off a month. The benefits of the job were awesome would have stayed if I could have gotten on 1st shift.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Getting off 5 days a mo. Lots of overtime.upper managment....
Flexible breaks and friendly management
Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJanuary 9, 2017
A typical day at work involved running spray dryers and evaporators from a computer screen. Sometimes we needed to shut down and prepare the dryers or evaporators for the next production run.

Working at Grassland Dairy I've learned a lot of how the food industry works and more particularly with how evaporators and dryers work. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and Grassland Dairy has a very comprehensive training program with very educated management who freely share the more scientific principles of how the equipment worked with their employees.
Pros
Mostly relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Working in hot environments
Bad management
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJanuary 7, 2017
Apparently this company is family based...but one mistake you make your out the door...doesnt matter if u have been perfect. Bad management.
Pros
Free health
Cons
Terrible management
Good benefits
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJanuary 6, 2017
It was an amazing job. great benefits. great people. i have learned a lot at grassland dairy products. I really like to work for my second shift supervisor.
Great opportunities and room to grow!
Management (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WIDecember 21, 2016
I have opportunities every day to work with all levels of the company. The most common theme is everyone is willing to work hard and chip in to make improvements and get the job done. The ownership does a great job at reinvesting back into the company and the employees. Plenty of opportunity to grow if you're willing to put in the work.
Pros
Great benefits, good management, room for advancement
Is a great place to work, but not if you dont want to have a life outside of work.
LEAD PERSON (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WINovember 21, 2016
Grassland Dairy Products has great benefits, but very poor plant management. They say they want to make a good work/life balance but force people to work weekends and most holidays. Management should be replaced because they are not willing to learn how to do the jobs that are below them and they treat their employees poorly. All they care about is numbers.
Pros
Great health insurance
Cons
No time off, very poor plant management.
most of the time I work in a control room running big spray dryers
Dryer Operator (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, WIMay 30, 2015
A typical day at work is spent mostly in the control room every hour I have to go into the production areas and take samples and I try to walk through the floors a few times a night to look for problems.during my employment with Grassland I have learned about the value of a good safety program for both the company and the workers. Management has great to work with they listen to me when I share my ideas and treat everyone far. most of my co-workers are younger than me but we all seam to work together fine to spite our differences.The hardest part of my job is working in the hot dryer rooms.The most enjoyable part of my job is the many challenges there are with working with complex equipment and helping management improve production,quality, and safety in the plant.
Pros
a great benefit plan
Cons
long work schedule
Very time consuming and not very educated but great pay
Roethenberg/ General Labor (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WIJuly 4, 2014
I started off as a general laborer on a 3rd shift position. My day was, I worked all night came home in the morning then slept all day, I woke up and had to basically go to work right away. I had no time to do anything. Some weeks I had to put in 63 hours. Granted they did pay overtime and never complained. The supervisors are what seems to be people who never furthered there education.
Pros
Paid breaks, Great health care benefits, and good pay
Cons
time consuming, working weekends and holidays are required
Good place to work. Friendly people.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, WINovember 24, 2013
Nice workplace. Friendly people. Nice management. Paid lunch break. Steady work days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grassland Dairy Products, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Grassland Dairy Products, Inc. Reviews by Location