Grassroots Voter Outreach Employee Reviews

Degradation of character
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 3, 2019
This was the worse experience I have received in my professional life. The supervisor as well as field manager treated minority employees with no respect . They verbally abuses all of us and made us feel less than ourselves based off of ethnicity. I worked in the Washington DC office.
Considering the field, Great Employer For Hard Workers
Canvass Director (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 31, 2019
Just wanted to share that I love my position as Canvass Director! My office is beginning to thrive, and I get to do all of the innovative political work to affect policy that I've dreamt of for years! I get to engage others in that work too (And on behalf of the ACLU, what more could a poli girl ask for? I'll tell you)! I'm also getting paid and recognized for my worth!

This is best for entry level work, and it is non-profit so you cannot have super high expectations. However, for what they have, if your work hard, then they recognize you for your work! My manager is not technically employed by GVO, but she is amazing! The staff that I know at GVO, on their administrative and legal teams, are extremely supportive when it comes to trouble shooting. They communicate well, answer questions respectfully, and make themselves available whenever you need them. It's also incredibly impressive to work on a team of young people doing such great and positive and impactful and vital work.

Additionally, I have built my own office (the only of its kind in Milwaukee), and because I have scultped it to have a positive, professionally supportive, intentionally political, and fun culture, my staff and I have a great time learning and growing together while we do this great work!

I'm so much more than proud to be working with Grassroots Voter Outreach on tackling immigrants' rights and reproductive healthcare as just a few social justice, civil liberties protected by our constitution, and I'm looking forward to my Regional Director's visit to Milwaukee next week, where she'll see my staff
  more... (the best performing in the region) and I work all of our magic! 😊😊😊😊😊  less
I need to be able to feed myself.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 25, 2016
The organization is a for profit consulting group that cares little about actually keeping directors from constantly stressing because of how broke they are.
Cons
Payroll is not reliably on time.
Fast-paced training
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2016
The leap from training to assuming full responsibility for all office duties was very swift. It personally was one of a few things that made me uncomfortable. The office I worked in was full of wonderful people, however. I just felt ill-equipped for what was expected of me.
long work hours
Canvasser (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2016
Door to door asking people to sign partitions for a cause or registering them to vote. Learned how to talk to people and body language. management is there working on the field with you willing to help. Co-workers are a nice group, hard part was mostly getting peoples interest in the subject matter. But enjoyed learning speech techniques.
Pros
great pay
Cons
door to door
Descent job. Hire everybody
Canvasser and Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 29, 2012
There was a high level of turnover at Grassroots. The quotas were high and management was forced to fire a lot of employees. I enjoyed the work. I had a great time talking to people and working on a campaign I believed in, and I got the impression there was room for growth, but Grassroots expected entry level directors (not field mangers) to work 70+ hours a week, and it didn't seem like the directors were getting paid much more than the field workers.
Great workplace
Canvasser (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2012
Love it. The people are amazing. They are kind, they believe in their employees ability to get the job done.