Gray, Gray & Gray, LLP Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MASeptember 17, 2018
GGG is an awesome place to work! The management and staff are incredible, and you instantly feel welcome working there. The culture is hard to beat, and they truly believe in work-life balance. My experience there is one I will carry with me forever!!
Pros
Free lunches, fun staff activities, monthly birthday celebrations
Great Place to work
HUMAN RESOURCE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Westwood, MAFebruary 21, 2018
I learned a lot from my mentor/manager. I enjoyed this job very much and I think if they had not had lay offs, I would still be working there. They were very conscious about work/life balance.
Pros
Great family atmosphere
Cons
Partner competitiveness
Not a good place to work
Senior Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 23, 2017
Horrible work life balance. Higher ups, managers, and supervisors regularly throw other people under the bus when they are the ones who have made a mistake. They also tend to be immature and get in the way of people actually doing work. There are non CPAs in higher positions that make decisions without regard to the appropriate treatment. I was treated poorly after taking parental leave. When I told a partner that i was taking leave, outside of the busy season, his jaw dropped and he asked if I was serious. You can get a lot out of this job, but you do run the risk of being reprimanded for doing so.
Pros
Events, opportunities to learn
Cons
Pay, benefits, hours, management
Wonderful culture and place to grow professionally
Director of First Impressions (Former Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 25, 2017
Enjoyed working for Gray, Gray & Gray, LLP. I thought I'd retire here, but relocation was in my future. The culture is above the standard and so are the people.
Just ok
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Canton, MAJuly 11, 2017
I had a decent experience all together. Obviously long hours through the tax season, including week-ends and or holidays. Not a great place if you are looking to make connections.
Horrible place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, MANovember 30, 2015
Work is tedious and boring. Very little training with high expectations of performance. No room for advancement as supervisors do not delegate higher level work so that they have job security. Partners act as if they care about everyone, but it's all very fake and insincere. Worst job experience I've ever had.
Classic Accounting firm
Staff (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 21, 2014
Public accounting firm that's been around for about 70 years. They do a very good job with the tax and audit sides of the business. Caring and sincere people with a good culture. They've grown by way of M&A, not organically. This continues to be their business development plan:client acquisition by way of buyouts.

Adding multiple partners a year.
Friendly environment with lots of challenges and great coworkers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westwood, MAApril 17, 2013
Mostly work at client's office for audits, reviews etc. inquiring about various accounts on their trial balance.
Different client almost every week especially during tax season. Get to see different systems and different types of accounting. Learn something new at almost every client.
Management is very open to questions and friendly. They will sit down and teach you something you are not sure of.
Co-workers are great to work with, every one gets along.
Most difficult part is during tax season when the hours are long and do not get to see my family very often.
The best part of the job are the challenges and note being bored with the work.
Pros
fridays off during the summer, company covers health insurance costs for singles
Cons
long hours during tax season, have to work on weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gray, Gray & Gray, LLP. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Gray, Gray & Gray, LLP Reviews by Location