Graybar Electric Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

Dead end job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJanuary 20, 2019
I was employed through a temp agency and it was not a pleasant environment.

Once I had exceeded my 90 days, Graybar kept stringing me and a number of other employees along and did not offer full time employment.
Productive management
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island City, NYJanuary 16, 2019
This was my first "real" job out of college. It was a great learning experience. My boss was extremely helpful, informative and eager to mentor. I started with collections. This was a hard industry dealing with large construction and electrical companies. I met with owners and CEO's to discuss collection issues and reasons for putting accounts on hold. I worked my way to becoming the Financial Manager and with that I dealt with all aspects of credit and collections for my assigned vendors and then was promoted to having my own location on Long Island. I was the sole financial manger making all decisions aided by the director of finance at the Long Island City location.
Pros
ability to advance within the company
Cons
very scheduled work environment
management
Admin Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 12, 2019
great employee's benefits- free parking - no café, no gym, - employees not friendly- management has no open door policy a typical day at work... it work no play no activities.
Pros
free parking - compensation/beneftis
Cons
no break - no break room - dress code for women is different from men
High paced. High energy. Character building. Great co-workers.
Sr. Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 10, 2019
Graybar is a fast paced work environment and can be high stress at times. It has a healthy competitive culture, and offers company advancement. Thanks
Benefits
Cons
Can be very high stress
Warehouse, consisting of recieving, packing and shipping.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJanuary 8, 2019
I would recieved goods, pull orders, and ship orders for customers. The management there was very kind and easy to work with. I really enjoyed the warehouse environment.
Amazing Company
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 6, 2019
This has been my favorite company that I have worked for. They have great benefits and a good family/work life balance. I was unfortunately laid off during the recession though.
Not much to say
Quotation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 4, 2019
Not much to say about this job.
Graybar used to be a good company to work for. It is unfair and cut throat now. Poor management .
Low salary but pension is ok
Good entry level opportunity.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2019
Nice, steady employment opportunity offering advancement into inside sales and management. There was lots of opportunity for overtime, as well as family day gathering on weekends.
Pros
Lots of overtime opportunity.
Not a multicultural company
Order puller/package material (Current Employee) –  Clute, TXDecember 28, 2018
I work for Graybar in Clute Texas. The honest truth is they are not a company that hires minorities. We have had many job openings and I have Mexican and Black friends. They do not hire Blacks at all and very slow to hire Mexican. I have sent many of my Black friends there for a job, and they refuse to hire. Management is poor and the work environment is very racist. Based on this alone, i would not recommend anyone waste their time to apply to racist, poorly managed Graybar in clute texas. The pay is poor, and the only good thing is weekends off. Very unfair, race based company.
Pros
Weekend ogf
Cons
Racist
Official response from Graybar Electric Company, Inc.
January 3, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this is your experience at Graybar and we take these comments very seriously. We strive to treat each applicant and employee fairly and appropriate regardless of race or gender, as we do not discriminate. We ask that you reach out to your district HR director to share your specific concerns.

Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 13, 2018
Graybar has been very good to me. Very relaxed atmosphere no pressure on you to perform but serious with the training. The employees are all friendly and willing to help others
Strong fundamentals
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA 92806December 13, 2018
Managed multiple lighting projects.
Worked with sales teams.
Involved with contractor customers, vendors and suppliers.
knowledge of IT and networking.
Pros
steady work load
Cons
focuses on employee development reviews
Graybar is one of the oldest, and most secure companies in the US
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CADecember 6, 2018
The company is still employee owned and therefore one of the most secure employers in the US. The pay is not the best, but the benefits and security do offer a good balance. My experience with the company was always positive.
cool
various roles (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 3, 2018
Its an fast paced job that takes up most of your day with the hours. It can be stressful and leave you feeling overworked and under credited but it has very good benefits and a nice retirement plan
Good place for first job
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 27, 2018
Good place to work. There is autonomy to plan your day and you have weekends off and it is employee owned

The pay scale is low however and you recieve small increases
Graybar Columbus
Internal Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 26, 2018
I loved working at Graybar electric in Columbus Ohio. My biggest issue was not the job or my co-workers. It was the branch manager. He was extremely under qualified, and was only given the position because he was friends with the district manager. The branch manager has extremely unrealistic expectations and is constantly threatening the jobs of everyone that works under him.

Work was easy, co-workers were all excellent people. Free coffee and popcorn all day every day.
Employee Owned!!!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 14, 2018
Constant growth, change, and upward momentum. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills as well as my personal life skills because of the constant challenge to raise the bar and strive for better systems/services.This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. Professional, hard working, top notch employees.
Amazing job
CSR (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 29, 2018
Graybar was great job

Amazing training, environment, management, client, overall job you don't want to leave.
Left because still in los angeles living on your own pay wasn't enough plus I went to school commuting in los angeles is terrible etc...

Hardest part for me was traffic in los angeles.

Enjoyable parts: free dodgers tickets, cookouts, peers, clients,everything
Pros
Benefits, Breaks
Great Benefits
Quotations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 28, 2018
Benefits were good, job was stressful. They should offer more flexible hours. People have work there for years and don't leave. They must be doing something right.
MANAGER ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, moOctober 22, 2018
Average company to work for Benefits good 401k, pension stock options opportunity for advancement based on performance. Lots of variety of positions. Can learn as go
Benefits
Cons
Lower pay
Very fast paced
Inventory Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 22, 2018
Working at Graybar was very rewarding and exciting the anticipation of completing a work order for a customer was thrilling because it allowed for a quick turn around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graybar Electric Company, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight