Graycor Employee Reviews

hmm
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAAugust 18, 2018
Job started on a sour note with lack of insight and foreplanning. Prints and work schedules were hard to come by. Documentation and reporting Daily work logs were always lacking and inconsistent. Shift meeting were always dominated by Sub Supervisors Who were under qualified and ego driven. Management of project was constant in their lack of ability
Pros
Craftsmen were able to do there job safely without reprisal from management
Cons
POOR upper management and lack of cooperation lead to a very short project
Fast pace
1st Year Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 13, 2018
Graycor was a good place to work at, the company took care of thier employees. The Formans were always on top of thier game and made sure the job was done.
Pros
Water bottles were always available
Cons
No cons
Not a bad company to work for even though they were from out of state
Laborer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 3, 2018
The company wasn't bad to work for just the place we were working was it was dirty and hot and cold depending on what job you had. The trailers were cramped and not clean.
I was not impressed
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INJanuary 21, 2018
It could have been the job location or the onsite management, but I would not recommend this company to anyone. Spent many hours searching for tools and when requested we were told to find them.
Pros
pay
Cons
bad management, no tools or broken tools
Great company to work for
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMNovember 20, 2016
Great company to work for thay treat you like a person and not a number had a fun time learning and installing machines for this company if thay call me I'll go in a heat beat.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILJanuary 28, 2015
An overall friendly, laid back environment. The company has very traditional core values, which they are very focused on (people and relationships, open communication, work/ life balance)--and I've found the upper management to be very friendly and approachable.

For office staff; work-life balance is great for those that have families. Very modest working hours with flex summer schedules (off on Fridays) for office staff.

They also promote out-of-office social functions. They are a family-owned company but are growing rapidly and having record-breaking years, and are going through somewhat of a transition from a small organization to a larger one--and are starting to get some initiatives in place related to training, career development and succession planning, continuous improvement within operations, etc.
Pros
Still going through a transition phase, but making solid progress in putting more robust systems and programs in place.
productive
structural steel superintendent (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 20, 2015
My typical day would be giving a pre-job briefing covering rigging evolutions, safety, plant procedure and adherence, followed by getting the men in the field, then making sure all plans and questions were resolved. The best part of my day is the time I can spent men.
Very safe and productive atmosphere
Pipe Fitter/Material handler/QC assistance (Former Employee) –  Whiting IndianaDecember 3, 2013
Very professional work staff with a positive direction to complete work professionally, safely and on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Graycor. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about