Grays Harbor College Employee Reviews

Part-time office assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 18, 2019
Everyone at the college was very helpful. I had a great trainer and my bosses were awesome. Everyone is very supportive and we all worked as a team. I was challenged with my computer skills. I learned how to register students for Community Education classes. The college has two systems they use for registrations SMS and Campus Education. My work day is always very faced paced and challenging. I had to juggle going to school full time and working my job. I was able to juggle it quite well. I would recommend the college to anyone that is seeking education or employment. There is no full time positions available that I'm qualified at the time. My job is only part-time and now that I'm done with school I need a full-time job.
Enjoyable workplace with nice people
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 16, 2019
It was a fun place to work, but there was little job security, and a small number of hours. Granted, it was a Work Study position, but they split the already small amount of hours between three or four students at a time.
Pros
Flexible hours, great coworkers
Cons
Small amount of hours
Assistant Dean for Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 5, 2019
The culture of Grays Harbor College has been spending without limit or regard to budget. They have been spending in a deficit for many years. The finance office has no power to try and take control of overspending and any attempts have been denied. The college is stuck in the 80's before the recession and with the declining enrollment trend, the culture needs to be updated.
A+ experience
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAMay 19, 2019
Being a work study was an excellent experience. The work wasn't too hard and when my tasks were completed I could work on my homework. This is where I earned my clerical skills that helped me in management more times than I care to admit.
Pros
Paid study time
Cons
low pay and limited hours
Low Wages and No Benefits
College Professor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAMay 17, 2019
If you take an adjunct position be prepared for no benefits and low wages. Sometimes you will work and other times you will starve waiting for employment.
Pros
Cons
See above
Okay
Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJanuary 6, 2019
This job was an okay place to work, the people are nice and helping others learn was fulfilling. The leader of the learning center was a bit unorganized and we often ran short of supplies.
Loved it here!
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAOctober 8, 2018
I had So much fun working here! The staff was great and I've made life-long relationships with them. I was allowed to practice book repair and perform more than jist the regular work study tasks.
Great supervisor!
ESL Instructor (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WASeptember 12, 2018
Slower pace helpful professional always willing to show you expectations. Kept in the loop of activities, training and campus life.
So many wonderful people who work there.
Good place to work.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAAugust 11, 2018
People care about student success. Student success and retention are extremely important to the staff and faculty. The college stays true to their Mission and Vission.
Great
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJuly 31, 2018
This is a great place to work with great people. They are all Helpful and work their hardest to help you succeed. They work with your school schedule and make sure you get your hours.
Comfortable and fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ilwaco, WAJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working in this position at Grays Harbor College. The staff were very helpful and team oriented. My position was as a work study and I would have continued in the position if I had the opportunity.
Gained a lot of skills
Dean (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAMay 24, 2018
Challenging work. Great opportunity to serve a community in need of educational opportunities. Wonderful team environment and commitment to the higher education system.
This was an excellent job/learning opportunity.
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAMay 20, 2018
From day one, I got to actively take part in campus advertising, running club budgets, and coordinating events with different groups and staff. I took minutes for board meetings and got to network with the staff a bit. This was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
Dream job for many; excellent staff, fun work environment, networking opportunities.
Cons
Average pay, not many hours.
Very positive experience
Art Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raymond, WAApril 28, 2018
I was treated well, provided with excellent support and positive feedback. The staff kept me up to speed. The management kept me in the loop and sat in at class occasionally to make sure I had everything I needed to succeed.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Pay was low, no opportunity to continue working.
Great place to learn
Community Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJanuary 16, 2018
Enjoyed the environment, the relationships with the employees at the college, the students as well as the diversity of those I met. Very flexible when it came to accommodating student/employee as I was while employer at Grays Harbor College.
Fun environment
TRIO Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WASeptember 24, 2017
This was a great place to work while attending college. It is very family oriented and positive. The only downfall is that most positions are work-study positions with little advancement. Again, overall it is a wonderful place to work. I would highly recommend working there if you plan on staying in this small community.
Productive and enjoyable environment to work.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJuly 21, 2017
I completely enjoyed everyone that I worked with. I had an awesome boss. Processed the incoming mail for the college & delivered packages occasionally. Everyone was friendly and easy to work with.
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Fantatic Place
Student (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJuly 12, 2017
As a student I was required to attend every class and complete the required assignments daily. It was a great experience. I would recommend anyone to attend.
meh
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJune 5, 2017
I'm just a student. Indeed, leave me alone.

Workplace seems really laid back but at the same time high stress. The computer systems don't talk to each other making jobs more complicated than it probably should be.
Great place to work.
Custodain (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAApril 17, 2017
This place is very flexible to work at. The staff and management could not be any better. They help you in any way that they can in order for your job to be easier.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay