Grays Harbor Community Hospital Employee Reviews

I enjoyed learning at this small hospital.
Clerk receptionist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAOctober 25, 2018
This was my first big girl job. I enjoyed learning and experiencing all the joys of hospital work. I learned alot. My supervisor was very understanding.
cnas get treated poorly
CNA/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAAugust 30, 2018
RNs treated CNAs poorly. Managers favored certain staff. Pay was not enough for the job description. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Very poor
Stressful
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAApril 27, 2018
I worked there for 13 years and it wasn’t always bad. It started going downhill when new Administration took over and bad financial decisions were made. It cost us good employees and made current employees work several positions which was very stressful. Our system was old and components needed to do our jobs efficiently were not affordable. We were then outsourced to a company in India.
Great for per diem
RADIOLOGY SECRETARY PER DIEM (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAMarch 23, 2018
I relocated to finish up schooling, was able to get a per Diem job that more than suffices the need to continuing work as I continue on the path of my career.
Grays Harbor Hospital
Mammography and Radiology Technologist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAMarch 8, 2018
This facility is an amazing place to work at. The employees and management are very friendly. It is a family oriented environment where everyone works together as a team. I am very thankful to be employed by this hospital.
Pros
benefits, pay is good, management is awesome
Cons
drive is far
Excellent Management/Stressful Environment
Director (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJanuary 2, 2018
GHCH is a fantastic place to work however, the local patients and clients don't understand changing health care legislation, reimbursements and basic business.
Pros
Wonderful people
Cons
Community not supportive and uninformed
great employees
House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WANovember 27, 2017
The people are great but they don't feel supported by management. I have worked for several years hear and would probably never leave but i am moving.
Fake leather blazer is so 80's
leaving (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WASeptember 25, 2017
The manager of Diagnostic Imaging is...creepy to say the least and allows one of the front desk ladies to "inform" him of what goes on in his own department. He makes his decisions based on what this moron tells him. How did this guy get the job and how does he keep the job?
Pros
for real?
Cons
everything
Love my job there, want a new start in a new town
Cardiopulmonary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJuly 20, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Small town and small hospital so it feels like family. Good team work throughout the facility.My current position requires going to various different departments. We work hard to make sure our patients comfort, safety and care are outstanding. Excellent service is important to our hospital.
Pros
Ice cream social, summer bbq
Cons
Feel that Administration needs better communication with employees
A very creepy place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAApril 11, 2017
I worked for the respiratory therapy department for a few months. The manager had been there for a long time. His cronies were very creepy, always rushing down to the ER to do an EKG on any young girl who came in. Very prejudice against everyone. Don't work here.
Pros
Cons
Creepy, prejudice staff.
Great Radiology staff! Family orientated.
CNMT/SPECT/CT "The Traveler" (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJanuary 19, 2017
Small community hospital with limited opportunity for advancement however, working environment is ideal, management has an open door policy. As a traveler, the hardest part was getting acclimated to the small town. What I found most enjoyable about the hospital was the friendliness of the staff. In the 6 months I spent there I had on one disagreement with only one member. We quickly resolved of differences and continued to work amicably. If you considering relocation, this is a great place to live and start.
Pros
Schedules were never overbearing and the staff was always so helpful
Cons
Location is kind of remote, town has little to offer.
Excellent Staff and Providers
Director of Diagnostic Imaging and CardiacRehab (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJanuary 9, 2017
The staff in the imaging department both at GHCH and GHI are hard-working conscientious, compassionate people. Most of the managers share the same work ethics as their staff.
This is a pearl among the surrounding areas and the community depends highly on the hospital providing their medial needs.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
Remote area and uncompensated care.
Disappointingly disfunctional
Secretary (with responsibilities of a Specialist) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WASeptember 20, 2016
HR practices under job-classifying and overworking, and management does not listen or respond to staff needs. My workload tripled in the time I was there and management refused to bring me up to a 40 hour work week. HR director has been there for decades and I was told "we do things our own way here".
Pros
Warm small town feel
Cons
Embarrassingly mis-managed
Registration Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Registration DepartmentJune 20, 2016
Awful. Just awful. The supervisor was promoted above her peers a couple decades ago but cannot seem to distance herself enough from them to effectively manage them. There is a corrupt union environment in which the highest ranked union members have the worst behavior and set a terrible example to the other members of the department. The younger members of the department run roughshod over the supervisor of the department. There is NO ACCOUNTABILITY for bad behavior and bullying is a normal daily experience. From Day 1 forward was a miserable experience with inadequate training and constant criticism and zero support from management to improve the situation. If you are an administrative professional, DO NOT WORK IN THIS HOSPITAL.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Terrible leadership and bullying
Productive environment. Skilled Co-workers
Contract Coder (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAMarch 16, 2016
Due to the shortage of coders, the work load is heavy. However, most everyone there are team players. Everyone bounces off of each other in an effective and efficient manner.
The personalities of the department are all different, leaving a professional yet personalized dynamic.
The management was great and full of educational advice.
The hardest part of the job was the documentation by the providers. Getting the correct diagnosis was more difficult than it should have been.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the problem solving. Providing co workers with documentation showing how to correctly code with documentation compliance. Having the ability to show my strengths that i have acquired as a traveler you get to learn from multiple resources.
heavy work load
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJanuary 13, 2016
heavy work load,not much space of growth .Good nurses but bad management.I always felt that CEO didn't care about employees.
A good place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJanuary 6, 2016
Grays Harbor Community Hospital provides vital, local access to healthcare to the county. The hospital administration, board members, and employees are dedicated to providing this care. It is a busy work environment. Employees work cooperatively between departments.
Pros
living in a rural community
Cons
short staffing at times
Comfortable atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAAugust 24, 2015
Variety of shifts (8&12 hour shifts), departments. Provides numerous opportunities for education. Hardest part of job is the benefits are not the greatest and are costly.
Pros
My team is the greatest!
Cons
Benefits are not great and are costly
PACU surgical services
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Grays Harbor Community hospital surgical servicesMay 19, 2015
I currently work in the PACU dept of surgical services. My typical workday consists of caring for post operative patients in the phase 1 recovery period, i am confident in managing airways and administering medications as needed for each individual patient. I have learned working for surgical services that everyone plays an intricate part in a team work setting. The hardest part of my job would be when a patient is to have a bad outcome, maybe not in my dept but after the surgical experience. I love being able to take care of a wide array of patients with the experience of many types of surgeries.
Pros
good enviornment and great co-workers
Cons
long call hours with not many nurses available to take call in my dept
Great place to work, great people and great experiences.
Certified Nurse's Assistant (Surgical Unit) (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAApril 7, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. My coworkers were friendly, welcoming, and always willing to help when needed. We worked as a team and I loved that. I also enjoyed my patients. I love talking to people so I really liked the one on one I got with them, it felt as if I made a new friend everyday. There were some patients that were trying at times but for the most part they were fine. Code blues were my favorite! I loved being able to help with CPR and save lives. I would absolutely work for this company again. The only reason I quit is because I was relocating to Seattle.
Pros
Consistant hours, competitive pay, great people
Cons
Grumpy patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Grays Harbor Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Grays Harbor Community Hospital Reviews by Location