GRBS, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Family-oriented company for the hard-working and friendly!
District Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 16, 2018
GRBS is a great company to work for if you're willing to do your best and you love paying attention to details. It's easy to advance and there are plenty of opportunities to grow. They pay better than other cleaning companies, and offer more benefits, bonuses and time off. You get to have the weekend and major holidays off, and whether you like being part of a team or working alone, there are many options for you.

Cleaning is a very visual job - you can see the results immediately, and so can the customer. They are very thankful for you and they smile when they see you. Whether you work in a school or a corporate account, your job helps others thrive. School positions mean you're paving the way so kids can learn and be safe and healthy. You also get to see a lot of cute stuff in the process.

Sometimes you might have to sweat or step up to make sure extra work gets done, but at the end of the day, you can be proud of the obstacles you've overcome. You never have to feel like you did all that for nothing - you accomplished a lot and you helped other people in the process.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet. You get attached to your coworkers and your customers. There are a lot of friendly faces, from those you see every day to those in the community that come through and brighten your day. You're touching their lives and hearts and they are a part of yours.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, bonuses, hours, opportunities for growth, friendly faces
Cons
This is definitely not a place where you can slack off all day! =)
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Galesburg AugustaJuly 10, 2018
I would like to start by saying i love my job. I love the people i work with. I love the school i am at. They are family they take care of you when you need the help. They have been so understanding on whats going on in my life. Yes work is stressful sometimes but what job isn't. Management is good when you can get a hold of them lol.. No really they are there when they need to be. I have been working for them for 5 years and love it. Paid vacation, paid personal time whats better then that. In all realness this job is great..
Pros
Paid vacation, paid personal time, 30 min lunch
Cons
Short staffed but always working on it
family company
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIJuly 10, 2018
grbs is a family place. I was off of work on and off due to family health problems and grbs worked with me. They went together and paid me for time I was off even though I was out of time. They always called me checking on how things was going.
Great Place to work
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 25, 2018
Great people to work with and be around. The work can be challenging at times and is never boring. I would recommend the company to anyone who isn't afraid to work for a living.
Great job loved every minute at GRBS.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 25, 2018
Great job loved every minute at Grbs. Very good experience from the management to the pay to the hours to the flexibility. I would highly recommend GRBS to anyone applying.
Pros
Pay, hours, management
Cons
Great Company to work for!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJune 1, 2018
Thank you to all of the GRBS family. You are truly appreciated for all of your hard work and dedication given to me and those I work with daily. It can be stressful at times, but what job can't be?
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Retirement
They put on a good show for you but not everything is what seem
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 1, 2018
I got a call back fairly quickly I started right away I worked here for a year I ended up having problems with an old Supervisor I was harassed for two months I ended up getting transferred to another building only for things not to work out there either they were not helpful they were not concerned and this company I would not recommend anybody because they underpay you it’s just a lot of miscommunications with this company and they do not have your best interest
Pros
Work independently paid vacation
Cons
No benefits Bad communication
Quickly got hired, feel appreciated
Custodial travel trainer (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 10, 2018
I really think that if you set your mind to something you can do it. I haven't been here long enough to really say the pros and cons but from what I've seen the employees have worked here for a very long time
An excellent part-time job.
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cedar Springs, MIMay 10, 2018
The atmosphere is friendly and the work is laid back. Everyone works together to make sure the work is done and communication is not stressful. Overall and excellent part-time job.
Pros
Friendly, relaxed environment
Just say No
Field trainer/Custodial lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 5, 2018
There is a really high turn over rate. So they will hire anyone with a pulse and guess who gets to work with them?? You do! Oh the joys of having to clean bathrooms and classrooms that someone else was already paid to do for the day, that is after your job is done of course! How bout a field trainer? Drive 10,000 miles in five months with your car btw. Stay in a hotel for 6 weeks across state? But is okay.. You get 10 dollars a day for food (only on overnights) and they raised it from 20 to 40 cents a mile. No other incentives! The insurance is awful and there is NO retirement plan! In the year i worked here, i never heard anyone say they loved there job! I did hear them say they hate it, they're looking for something else, they're not appreciated, rude/lazy upper management. Hah.. Even upper management complained about their managers! I worked really hard for this company and it actually hurt my feelings on how unappreciative they were. Do yourself a huge favor and just say no.. hit the back button..
Pros
Nope
Cons
You'll have to just read the review there is so many..
Pathetic
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Portage, MIApril 23, 2018
Doesn't seem as if anyone knows what they are doing. Manager is a hothead. No training, I pretty much was just winging it. Never going back to work at GRBS.
Cons
Terrible company culture: avoid like the plague!
District Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 12, 2018
I apologize for leaving a rating GRBS is unworthy of at one star, but I only did so because I could not leave the zero stars that they truly deserve. Due to my extensive custodial background, I was hired in as a supervisor at a high school. The school was great and treated us like gold, but for GRBS it was never good enough. GRBS uses people until they are burnt out and have nothing left to give or make them so disheartened that they eventually quit. I have even heard upper management refer to employees as "bodies". Read between the lines and you will understand that GRBS cares about lining their pockets and not about the people who do the actual work. I was promoted to district coordinator after working there about a year due to my positive attitude and work ethic. I had a boss who was never satisfied and would find fault in everything I did. We were not allowed to leave until all of the schools in the district were cleaned. In a matter of five months, I saw two different regional directors and two different account managers. GRBS even treats their management so horribly that they won't stick around at decent pay. My boss had it out for me because I truly cared and empathized with my people and I was let go. You will probably read a heartless and empty apology for my negative experience: Please do NOT believe it because the HR Department cares nothing about the employees either. The HR Department is notorious for favoritism and inappropriate conduct with certain district coordinators. They only speak about how much employees cost them in insurance claims when they get hurt.  more... GRBS cares about one thing and one thing only: money, money, MONEY! Do yourself a favor and avoid working for this company unless you are truly desperate!  less
Pros
Cons
Low pay, mediocre benefits, no paid sick time, long hours, inadequate equipment, inept management.
Pleasant cleaning
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, MIApril 6, 2018
I liked the cleaning part of the job. Just no communication what so ever. Had to keep asking supervisor to unlocked doors. Run all over t find her!!
Pros
How good it looked after cleaning
Cons
No communication
kinda fun
Custodian (Former Employee) –  DeWitt, MIMarch 17, 2018
typical day was cleaning classrooms and bathrooms sweeping and waxing hallways you learn to clean classrooms in a timely manor and clean up after sporting events and the management was easily to get along with and the culture was pretty good
a typical day at work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 7, 2018
Get your assignments. Complete your work unsupervised. You can work on your assignment alone or you can get help if your falling behind time. You do get a time limited per assignment.
Pay if fair
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Midland, MIMarch 2, 2018
For what you do, the pay is fair. Those who work hard are given more work and others are babied. In order to advance you have to kiss butt. For an entry level job with real requirements, this job was fair.
Grbs
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MIMarch 2, 2018
Its was a descent job at first but, the miles I was driving everyday and the pay I was getting wasn't worth it. And how the company was with their employees.
how it is
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 27, 2018
the work is hard and have to be on top of all thing the pay is not worth the body of work. the hardest part of the job is not moving up in the comp there are never openings that are worth it
One of the few employers who actually care!
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 16, 2018
As a new employee at GRBS i have already noticed the willingness to help with any issues you may have by providing alternate ways to fix the problem or at the very least an understanding by management of the issue and help with resolving it. Supervisor is very nice and considerate as well as great co-workers to work with!
Pros
Caring company
Cons
Very fast paced
Official response from GRBS, Inc.
February 17, 2018

WOW, what a great review that captures our mission and values. I'm so pleased to know that we have proven ourselves to be supportive and caring of your needs.

Please continue to reach back to us if we may be of assistance. We also welcome ideas and suggestions you may have.

Beth Walburn
GRBS, Inc.

Poor management to corporate
Lead Custodian (Former Employee) –  Reed City, MIFebruary 12, 2018
This place is full of drama back stabbing fake people. To corporate no appreciation for the workers. Showing favoritism for certain people blatantly totally wasting tax payers money to support the top dog while workers are understaffed. Worst company in town!
Pros
Cons
Fake out to ruin your work record
Official response from GRBS, Inc.
February 15, 2018

I'm so sorry to hear that your experience was not what you had hoped for.

GRBS values employees and has several programs that recognize and reward employees including our referral bonus, our WOW bonus' which recognize the value of compliments on your behalf from your customer, annual increases, employee of the month and stay over bonus'.

I genuinely hope you will call me to tell me about your experience so that I may be understand your own personal experience. Please give me a call at our office.

Beth Walburn