Great Adventure

Working at Great Adventure: 14 Reviews

United States14 reviews

Its ok

I worked seasoned with great adventure and it was great but very strict. I lost my job because I left to be with my wife who giving birth to my daughter and I had permission. That was the only negative opinion of that job.

fun workplace full of different people

A typical day at six flags was hectic but enjoyable for the most part only because a lot of people would order and pay for their food at the same times and there were only about 4 cashier. Because that was my first job I learned how to be a more efficient hardworker and how to keep things organized and planned out so that I can do what I have to do to be the best employee I can be. The hardest part for me was working the cashier for the first time but after a week I got the hang of it and thats why I was put on cashier, the most enjoyable part was meeting new people. A lot of the customers and employees were great people and kept me entertained.

Great Adventure insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

We worked with tourists while on vacation at the beach, we provided activities for them to do, such as Parsailing, Warerunners, Dolphin tours, Sailing, ect.

Pros

Great Money

Cons

Seasonal

It's a great summer job!

You can earn up to $11.50/hr working here. They just increased the wages, and they have some nice perks for employees--they sometimes will keep some rides open past hours, free admission and if you do well you could get a gift card. Cons are long hours and outdoors.

Fun workplace and great customer service

Great adventure is a great place to start out. Not only do you enjoy the screams and laughter. You meet amazing people and are able to enjoy he park as a perk. I learned great customer service tips and ways to keep the customer happy. The hardest part of the job was being outside in the heat but there was always something to do to keep busy.

Pros

45 minute breaks, free admission to park

Cons

Working outside

Variety of jobs, mostly seasonal, can be an enjoyable place to work.

There are a variety of departments to work in. Some employees have been there a long time and still enjoy working there, for others it is a good interim or second job. Most of the positions are seasonal, hours get cut in the fall and eliminated for most employees January-March. Most of the positions are outside and involve a lot of contact with people so if you do not like either this may not be the place for you otherwise, if you like working with people you may enjoy working here. No overtime or holiday pay, benefits include; discounts, passes and management holds special employee only activities and events.

Pros

Passes, discounts, Somewhat flexible hours.

Cons

One break per day, can vary from 30-45min. Straight hourly wage, no overtime or holiday pay.

Great Adventure

At Great adventure is was a very good time to be their. The costumers where alright. My co-workers would be fun to be with and we all are hard workers. When it was time to do business I would be on top of my game. The most hardest part at work was when a lot of costumers come and we run out of certain thing. The most fun part about working at six flags was coming to work spending time with all my co-workers.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

seasonal

Work place

Great Adventure was a good place to work, but I need year round part time employment. They created a fun place to work and encouraged hard work.

Pros

great people

Cons

hot in the summer

great job

loved it, got many people to play lots of games, guess the weight, shoot the basketball, win prizes , really enjoyed the people

Pros

worked on my own

Cons

not much time to eat lunch

nice place to visit

I cleaned up debris in the theme park and answered patrons questions. I learned how to change a toilet paper roll. Most people were ok to deal with. The hardest part of the job was standing all day. I enjoyed hanging out with the cartoon characters.

Great place to work, I like to help people

I've been working there for 3 years now and I am well respected and have a lot of co-workers

Pros

no free lunches

Cons

we receive an hour for lunch each day

Fun work place

I loved the interaction with the guest and the whole Six Flags environment

Provided fast, friendly out-going service to guests

• Directed phone calls to determine nature and purpose of concern. • Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or fax. • Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public. • Perform administrative support tasks. • Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.

Convenient

It's okay, I learned how to deal with irate customers in a more professional manner. looking for a permanant position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Adventure. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits