Great American Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Great environment to work in and great people.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 1, 2018
Love working with my co-workers and staff at Great American. Location of the fargo office is great, also have spacious cubicles. Manager is easy to work with. Flexible with your schedule.
Pros
Flexible, good management.
Cons
Slower in the winter months
Not a good fit
Commercial Umbrella Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 4, 2018
I had joined company to write business in Iowa and Nebraska. I had told management that to write in these states you would have to consider food processing and farm equipment mfg. They told me they did not have a problem with classes of business. Once I joined company and present opportunities in these field, they decline to support.
Nice place to work
Sr. Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 13, 2018
I have enjoyed my years at Great American. They treat their employees very well. There are a lot of perks to the job. Educational experiences and lots of fun too.
Pros
great reputation & very profitable
Cons
my job has gotten too stressful
Friendly environment
IT Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 12, 2018
mall mostly quiet office environment with little to no micromanagement. Get to work mostly in solitude. You get a nice spacious desk and cubicle. Thorough ongoing training program with supportive and friendly trainers that make you feel welcome. Most people there are friendly.
Company culture
Associate Underwriter IV (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 26, 2018
A typical work day: Come in to the office and put in your 8 hour day. Sometimes, you stay afterwards to work up last minute quote proposals or endorsement to agent.

Management: Friendly and approachable
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours, ability to work from home
Cons
Closing SF branch
Excellent place of employment
Senior Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 9, 2018
Really enjoyed the work and the company of my hilarious colleagues The work was stressful at times when critical production databases failed and required the whole team and GAIC to put it back up online for mission critical work..
Pros
Awesome
Policy Maintenance Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2018
GAIG is a great insurance and financial services provider as well as a great company to work for in Cincinnati. The company is very involved and has many different job positions.
Hard to obtain career advancement
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 10, 2017
Due to the remote location of our office vs. the corporate office it was difficult to have open communication with counterparts. Career advancement was given to those in corporate office over those in remote office.
Kind people
Summer Intern, Department of Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 11, 2017
The work could be a little slow-paced, but this was only because the position was very intern-y. It met my expectations for giving me insight into the corporate culture, and the people in the office were very kind. Their intern program was excellent and very well run!
Pros
Intern Program
Great Company Overall, Divisional Management somewhat lacking
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2017
Great American is a good company. Great benefits and work/life balance. Pay is as expected for an insurance company. Not great but not terrible. I would work there again. The individual division management ranges from good to not good. Totally depends on what division you work for.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance, solid company
Cons
Divisional management
Outsourced
Tester (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 8, 2017
I worked for GAI for 14 years when the personal lines division was outsourced to two different companies. While I worked at GAI it was a good company. Never wanted to have to leave.
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2017
Really enjoyed my time with Great American Insurance. Really smart people and great focused management. Fantastic resources and training and a really nice culture with a commitment to people. I highly recommend work here.
Pros
Great support
Cons
average pay
Great place to work, you can learn so much their.
LEAD SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 12, 2017
Small office setting, work with very intelligent and fun people. I've learned and continue learning so much working with the team that I am so blessed to be around 5 days a week.
Pros
Small setting
Cons
Long commute
Overall best in class insurance company who treats their employees very well.
Associate Business Developer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 6, 2017
Great place to work with excellent managers and colleagues. Work is challenging and your limits will be pushed. Work life balance is a very high priority throughout the company but they expect hard work when at the office. Given a lot of autonomy but there are also ample resources if assistance is needed.
Territory Manager - Senior Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJuly 3, 2017
At the time there was a very strong family sense throughout the Company. Home office was warm and engaging and management was very interested in the development and growth of employees.
Stressful place to work
Claim Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2017
The expectations are unrealistic. Management don't seem to care. You couldn't leave on time even if your scheduled to leave. The compensation does not go with the job duties for all the things they expect from you its a joke.
Pros
leave early for the holidays on a Friday
Cons
health care is too expensive, parking is expensive
Standard insurance company
Actuary (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 1, 2017
Standard insurance company with normal workload and benefits. Some great coworkers. Turnover was not bad but after five years everyone else is more recently hired.
Great Place to Work
Project Manager Intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 26, 2017
I interned here for 2 years and was brought on as a temporary employee. My team and I formed a great bond of friendship. We were very successfully and the organization recognized us for our successes.
Amazing
Annuities Intern (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 21, 2017
I only spent a summer here but I feel like I learned a lot. If I ever had a question someone was there to help out. The food that is located in the building is great.
Good Experience
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 15, 2017
Working in the department I was in gave me the experience to learn about something else other than handling claims. My manager was very nice and I could always go and talk to him when I needed help and he would always take the time.
Pros
Pay/Vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great American Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Great American Insurance Group Reviews by Location