Great Clips Employee Reviews

Found 2,215 reviews matching the search See all 2,299 reviews
Great Clips
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNNovember 13, 2018
I have enjoyed many years at Great Clips. However, it is time to consider other options. There are a lot of opportunities due to the flexible scheduling. This is a great job for parents that need to be on the move.

I recommend it for new mothers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2018
I worked for the company for a while experienced a lot gained some new techniques. there were really busy days and really slow days but that's the nature of the hair industry
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
November 13, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your comments and feedback. Thank you.

Really bad place to work for.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Summerville, SCNovember 12, 2018
Great clips was an okay short term job. Their managers weren’t great, my manager wasn’t good either. Their training program was great though. I learned most of my cutting techniques from them.
Pros
Training
Cons
No breaks, no personal time, bad management
November 13, 2018

We are sorry to read about your frustrations with the management. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

great position for a new stylist
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 12, 2018
very fast pace environment, must be comfortable with clipper cutting. money can be great if you are fast and efficient and can promote and sell retail products
November 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback and for having been a part of a GREAT team!

Awful place to work!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioNovember 11, 2018
Never once did they give me a bonus paid vacation they deducted hours I'm pretty sure the owner of 17 stores was sleeping with some of his employees
Pros
If you flirted/slept with the owner you could get a raise
Cons
Pretty much everything about this company is AWFUL!
November 12, 2018

Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be the franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com. We will follow up with you and forward it to the franchisee as well. Thank you.

Boundless negativity and disregard
Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Port Richey, FLNovember 11, 2018
Awful management, extremely high employee turnover, made up rules on the spot, abusive customers and management, unusual hours, no benefits, impossible quotas, an overall negative place to work
Pros
Free haircuts when possible
Cons
No benefits, bad hours, awful management, abusive customers, low pay
November 12, 2018

We are sorry that this was your experience working in the salon. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

It's good to build your motor skills and develope new techniques
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Mercer Island, WANovember 10, 2018
You don't have to worry about building your own clientele. The company, itself helps to promote customers to come to the salon for you. All you have to do is cut and start to develop a good relationship with each customer that sit in your chair. Most of the stylists are team players, they will help when you're stuck. The hardest part when customers complain when they don't have promotional coupons.
Pros
It's very flexible with work schedule
Cons
healthcare is not super great.
November 12, 2018

Thank you for being a valued member of a great team of stylists and managers!

Some salons are better then others
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNNovember 10, 2018
Nice environment wish they treated their stylist better sometimes you feel like a number instead of a actual person you have good days and bad days but you always made money
Pros
Always hours to work
Cons
Working every weekend
November 11, 2018

Thank you for having been a part of a great community of stylists and managers.

Fun work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SC 29550November 9, 2018
They educate all of their employees and send them to classes to help them grow and find more efficient ways to cut and style hair. Lots of teamwork, bonus opportunities and great work environment.
November 11, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your comments and having been a member of a GREAT team!

November 12, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working in the salon each day.

Great place to work!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 8, 2018
Good environment with fun employees and management. Everyone works as a team to satisfy the customers needs. I enjoyed most of my co workers and all managers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Haircut sales
November 9, 2018

Thank you for having been a member of a great community of stylists and managers.

I liked the people I worked with. Not always busy but had their moments.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INNovember 7, 2018
It was a pretty easy job. I got overwhelmed when it did get crazy busy during holidays but still wasn’t bad. Not a bad place to work at. Wish I got paid a little bit more when working.
Pros
Discount off
Cons
Didn’t get paid vacation because I was part time
November 8, 2018

We appreciate that you were a member of a GREAT team! Thank you for sharing your feedback.

fast pace work, busy weekends and holidays
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Thornton, CONovember 7, 2018
You have to be really fast at haircuts like 10 min each maybe even less and if you are not they pressure you to go faster and treat you like you don't know how to cut hair. They had meetings early Sunday mornings if you were lucky to get that Sunday off which was rare you still had to come. The good thing in all that is they provide training and classes on there system of cutting which is good for people starting out of beauty school who might be nervous because there is sufficient training
Pros
Training and classes
Cons
hourly pay, fast pace work, work every weekend, no flexability with schedules
November 8, 2018

Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the franchisee would be the best person to address your feedback. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed & details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Stylists
Managing Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 7, 2018
Working as a stylist in this company is worth it. Building a clientele is easy. Some of the hours are long and hard, but you can make as much money as you are willing to work for
Pros
Clientele is there for you
Cons
Some long hours
November 8, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working in the salon every day! Thank you.

poor management, uncomfortable workplace
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2018
low compensation very few hours. management is not helpful very rude extremely pushy and confrontational making the work place uncomfortable. not will to work with you
November 7, 2018

We are sorry to read your frustrations with the management in the salon. Because each location is independently owned and operated, your franchisee is the best person to address your concerns. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will provide it to your franchisee for follow up with you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

I work here now
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 6, 2018
I work here currently and despite the fact that we are busy I'm tired all the time and I feel under paid and the hours of operation are awful. 9:00 is too late to have a family or spend time with anyone else. Its a great job for starting out of 20 somethings.
Pros
Work
Cons
Awful hours
November 7, 2018

If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed & details. We will forward it to your franchisee as each salon is independently owned and operated. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Just ehh
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WI 54701November 5, 2018
Being a receptionist here was honestly a waste of time. You clean up after everyone all day and they expect you to clean everything on your own even if it’s the end of the day and there’s a list. If you want to be someone’s maid go ahead and got a job as a receptionist at great clips.
November 8, 2018

We are sorry that this was your experience. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will forward it to the franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

Fun girls to work with
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHNovember 5, 2018
Need better health benefits.
The location was very busy.
You always work on weekends.
Management is really nice.
They have a coffee make in the break room
November 7, 2018

Since each salon is independently owned and operated, franchisees may use a number of different factors to determine stylist's total benefits. Thank you.

Team atmosphere
Stylist/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2018
Great clips is a great company to work for. Great potential to make good money straight out of school. Overall a good atmosphere. Great clips offers continuing education to grow as a stylist.
Pros
You can make money straight out of school with no clientele.
November 5, 2018

Thank you and your team for everything you do in the salon each day!

Fun work place
Stylist (Current Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2018
Very flexible , great environment , Very respectful
Management is great everyones is understandable alot of opportunities of advancement. Definitely recommend great clips
November 5, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and comments! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Amazing
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  West Milwaukee, WINovember 4, 2018
I love working for the west Milwaukee area. Great customers , pay is well very good understanding manager and coworker. Amazing atmosphere an overall .
Pros
Tips and hours
November 5, 2018

Thank you for everything you do in the salon each day to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Great Clips.

Powered by Comparably