Great Clips Employee Reviews

Found 2,018 reviews matching the search See all 2,094 reviews
Busy, fast pace
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 15, 2018
This job just isn’t for me. Not a full service salon. You’re paid based off of your productivity. Haircuts, washes, styles, and perms. A lot to take in cause there’s a lot of coworkers
Pros
Breaks, money
Cons
Busy, a lot to handle
July 16, 2018

If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be your franchisee. We will forward it to your franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Great Team
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJuly 14, 2018
We have a great team at my location. Great and busy location. Must have great sales skills as they focus big time on numbers.. BIG TIME>>> Not so much on other skills like how great the person is other wise.. cuts and cut times. JUST THE PRODUCT SALES NUMBERS>>>>
Pros
busy location
Cons
Benefits kinda suck... Focus solely on numbers
July 16, 2018

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be your franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will provide it to your franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Good for new hairstylist experience in customer service and business acumen skills.
Master Cosmetologist/Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 14, 2018
Followed the Great Clips 5-Step.
Greeting Customers, Consultation face to face using mirror, Structured technical learned cutting, consultation again with hand mirror, recommending products for hair, checking out at cash drawer area with computer Styleware & Credit card machine. Reports at end of day and banking statements for next day. Closing the drawer.
Pros
Fast cash
Cons
Not enough pay, no growth in career, dead end, same thing no chsnge😭
July 15, 2018

Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your feedback would be your franchisee. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to your franchisee. If you would like to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Awsome franchise owner horrid immature selfish and mean manager
stylist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 14, 2018
While it is possible to earn good money you gotta be smart, cut throat and have the management that gives you the hours and freedom to be a " productive" employee. My largest complaint is any idiot willing to apply can become a manager and we all know a bad spirited manager can ruin any job,I love the simplicity of great clips. Team players should be rewarded. I wish us stylist could submit monthly reviews on management. Its good to keep them in line with positivity. There's a reason there's sick staff turn over.
Pros
Great customers, easiest salon job, clean, very SMART numbers driven co
Cons
Possable horrid managment, can be cut throat, no real future, What you earn on day 1 is about as good as it get, Co wants and pays to cut fast so great clips should tell customers time is money, That way they know why we strive to cut fast.
July 15, 2018

We are sorry to see your frustrations with the management in the salon. Since each location is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns would be your franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will provide it to your franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Exciting and energetic
Stylist / Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartland, MIJuly 13, 2018
I've enjoyed working here. Though the work can be monotonous, the atmosphere between employees is relaxed. It's a job where you don't have to think about much. You can show up, do your job, and go home.
Pros
product sales commission, hourly pay, no clientele needed
Cons
physically draining
July 14, 2018

We appreciate everything you do in the salon each day! Thank you for your feedback and comments.

couid be
Hairstlyist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 11, 2018
I love cutting hair, but the business side of the industry disappointed me. it's not so much about the artistry , has it is about the numbers. and the people who own and run these shops are horrible ,awful ,hateful ,relentless human beings.
Pros
tips and customers
Cons
management
July 13, 2018

We are sorry that this was your experience. Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be the franchisee. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Great place to start working
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 11, 2018
If your starting your career out Great clips is a good place to get started. Built in clientele so you can get your practice in. I'd recommend for anyone just out of school
Pros
built in clientele
July 13, 2018

Thank you for having been a member of a great community of stylists and managers!

My job
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati ohioJuly 11, 2018
It is not truthful of benefits during hiring ,hours are too sporadic.not very good benefits,too far to travel ,not good pay for experience.managers are hired straight out school,over my 18 yrs experience.
Pros
Learn how to cut hair
Cons
Never good enough
July 13, 2018

If you would like follow up regarding your concerns, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to your franchisee for you. If you would like to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Great team of stylists
HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 11, 2018
The work environment was great. A very family oriented job, both as a employee/customer. There could have been more opportunity for raises. Was not giving raise I was promised. (owner)
Pros
wonderful employees, and manager
Cons
no promised raise, work you full-time hours but dont get to recieve benefits
July 12, 2018

Since each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your comments would be the franchisee. If you would like follow up, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed & details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Fun workplace, productive, on the go training
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Muscatine, IAJuly 11, 2018
This has been one of the best salons I’ve worked in. I’ve been with the company for a little over Four years and it’s a lot of fun. It’s easy going, and I love connecting with all of my clients.
Pros
Bonuses and commission
Cons
Health benefits are over priced
July 12, 2018

We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon each day to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Fort Atkinson, WIJuly 10, 2018
For being the youngest and working with mid-aged people Co-workers were very mean and super uptight. Made me feel like I wasn't welcomed and i was stupid
July 12, 2018

We are sorry that this was your experience. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your feedback would be the franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Encouraging and understanding supervisor
Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 10, 2018
A typical work day started off with some dude waiting outside the door either ready to tell you he hates his haircut or just wanting to sit in your chair to talk a bit. I learned that Great Clips wasnt for me with the competitiveness and over dramatic customers that made a scene in front of their kids showing them its cool to be disrespectful and rude to someone that chose this career as their passion to not really wanting it at all. Management was down to earth. The workplace culture was legit. A group of striving and thriving women either beefing or learning from each other. The hardest part of my experience was that hot breath parent standing right over me causing my anxiety to react as i attempted to finish the haircut on her child. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking money home to my family daily.
Pros
Learning experiences, tips
Cons
schedule, competitiveness, no tippers
July 12, 2018

Thank you for having been a part of a great community of stylists and managers.

My experience
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 10, 2018
Great Clips is a well maintained company. Depending on your franchisee you are more than likely to receive great benefits for yourself and/or family. Each location is different depending on location, demographic, and management. If you like a fast paced environment, with little to no cosmetology experience, or are just getting out of cosmetology school, Great Clips is a great start for you. They are always willing to help you further your education. You can truly feel like a “day maker” in this environment.
Pros
Insurance benefits, 401K, paid holidays/vacation
Cons
Nights/weekends required, limited breaks
July 12, 2018

We appreciate everything you do in the salon each day! Thank you for sharing your experience.

Not a good place to work for honest people...
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 10, 2018
The manager was very jealous and a liar. If you're a skilled employee and are better than the manager, she scheduled you off when your regular customers would normally come in. She told lies to customers to get the ones that tipped well and worked the clock, so it made her seem as if she were cutting more heads than she really was.
Pros
Met a lot of great people; employees and customers.
Cons
The manager and assistant manager were liars, let employees have attutudes with each other, and didn't know how to manage the store.
July 11, 2018

We are sorry to see your frustrations with the management in the salon. Since each location is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your feedback would be the franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed & details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Its a good place to start
Hair stylist (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHJuly 10, 2018
I don't think it's a great work/life balance. No set schedule so to set up apts is hard or if you have kids figuring out last minute who can pick your kid up is hard. If the senior stylist above you doesn't like you.. you can basically forget about getting a break. The point system sucks.
July 11, 2018

We are sorry to read this. Franchisees and managers work hard to schedule for peak customer traffic while still taking into account a work/life balance. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will provide it to your franchisee for follow up with you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Actively looking for another job
Stylist (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJuly 10, 2018
Our franchisee offered no benefits for full time employees. So I asked to be moved from full time to part time. Everything was okay for about a month. I had to take 2 or 3 days off for a sick child and getting sick myself. The week after taking a few days off, the managers only had me scheduled to work 1 6hr day that week. 1 day at just over minimum wage. I cannot pay bills with $50 a week minus taxes. They cut my hours with zero explanation.
July 11, 2018

Because the salon is independently owned, your franchisee would be the best person to address your concerns. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location & details. We will provide it to your franchisee for you. Thank you.

It’s an awsome company
Managing Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Warren, OHJuly 9, 2018
It’s the hidden secret in the hair industry. Great place to work, you can make good money too. You can move up super quick and you always have job security. Great place to work.
July 10, 2018

We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon each day!

Great experience!!
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 9, 2018
I rate this company 5 stars,the staff and different customers where so wonderful to work with and it was a great experience to be around different customers
Pros
Great people, great customers
Cons
Short breaks
July 10, 2018

Thank you for everything you did in the salon each day to deliver the Great Clips brand!

Family friendly
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAJuly 9, 2018
One of the things I loved about this job is there was always room for growth. Lots of friendly loyal customers. There training program is also amazing and very helpful
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
Drama
July 10, 2018

Thank you for being a valued member of a great team! We appreciate your comments and feedback.

No good
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 9, 2018
This place is a joke has poor managment and owners do all managing, very immature. Stylist do to much gossiping and argueing infront of the customers.
July 10, 2018

We are sorry that this was your experience. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the franchisee would be the best person to address your comments. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed & details. We will forward it to the franchisee for you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss