Great Clips Employee Reviews

Found 2,252 reviews matching the search See all 2,337 reviews
enjoyed my first go-around
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 11, 2018
The owners of my particular branch were fair and nice. The manager did her job well. The pay was barely enough to live off of. If they offered haircolor service, I feel it would boost their sales and the commission of the stylists.
Poorly managed company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Pekin, IL 61554December 11, 2018
the only way you can get full time status with this company is to be on call and available any hours they are open. Unable to call in to work because nobody would cover a shift for you, even if you are really sick. working at this company is a rat race and for a rate that is barely above minimum wage.
Pros
nothing
Cons
had to drive an hour, only to get sent home because they arent busy
What is the place I have a work specially with the new management
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Seven Street and Bell The next ArizonaDecember 11, 2018
What is the place I have a work specially with the new management Great Clips and seventh Street and Bell I worn every stylist not to work at Great Clips they promise you the world and I promise you the hours and they don’t keep the problem is I have worked there as a full timer I only got 25 hours a week because they keep hiring new stylus it was like a drama especially with the new manager and they do drugs
Productive, but cluttered work environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, INDecember 10, 2018
The Fort Wayne Great Clips management needs alot of work.
The pay needs to be higher and the ability to gain rasies.
There needs to be more and better benefits available.
Sick time and paid time off needs to be more available.
Pros
Great skills gained
Cons
The above management is horrible.
December 11, 2018

We are sorry to read about your frustrations while working in the salon. Because each location is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your feedback would be the franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you were employed and details. We will provide it to the franchisee for you. Thank you.

Great place
RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 10, 2018
Everyone is super friendly, super collaborative, super laid back gets stressful at times but never overwhelming, best job I have ever had, I learned what team work is and how to lead a team.
December 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working in the salon each day!

Friendly and enjoyable work experience.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GADecember 10, 2018
I loved going to work everyday. It was a basic receptionist job, but my co-workers made it very enjoyable, especially since I was at least 5-10 years younger than them.
Pros
Friendly customers and work environment
Cons
No breaks, on feet all day
December 11, 2018

We appreciate your feedback and comments regarding working in the salon. Thank you!

Productive and fun
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CADecember 10, 2018
Typical day would be very busy with men's cuts from opening to closing. The hardest part of the job was doing cuts I wasn't comfortable with. Management was was good.
Pros
Free product
Cons
Not enough pay
December 11, 2018

Thank you for having been a part of a great team. We appreciate your feedback.

Great job for first time hair stylist
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clio, MIDecember 10, 2018
Flexible hours and lots of ways to make money. You dont have to build your cliental. Ways to work your way up. Lots of training offered. GC cares about there staff
December 11, 2018

We appreciate that you are a member of a great community of stylists and managers!

Awesome
Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2018
The best place to work for single parents. Always works with my schedule. Room for advancement. I recommend them to my friends. Nice bonuses. Easy on expectations.
December 10, 2018

Thank you for being a valued member of a GREAT team!!! We appreciate your comments.

fun place like family
Cullman-Cosmetologist-Lead Stylist (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALDecember 7, 2018
loved my job. I hated to leave. This place was like family to me. My manager was a friend not just boss to us and all the girls worked good together. I would always recommend this franchisee.
Pros
fun and tips
Cons
low pay
December 8, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your experience working in the salon each day!

This is a great fast paced job
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Rockford, MIDecember 7, 2018
This job will test your abilities. This job offers teaching in areas where you may struggle. This job provides opportunities to grow as a hair stylist. This job offers benefits and you get paid well for what you do.
December 8, 2018

We appreciate everything you do in the salon each day! Thank you.

Highly paced, made great tips.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNDecember 7, 2018
I would recommend to work here to anyone who enjoys cutting hair or is learning to cut hair. They send you to a cutting class that is very beneficial.
Pros
Great tips, nice environment
Cons
Can be stressful because of how high paced it is, especially if you work with lazy people
December 8, 2018

Thank you for having been a part of a great community of stylists and managers!

I was pt. time
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX 75067December 6, 2018
This was a company that I only worked weekends to keep customer happy, schedule cuts, and cleaned after the stylist. Most of the time everything was on schedule and ran smoothly.
December 7, 2018

We appreciate that you were a member of a great team! Thank you.

keeps you busy
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 5, 2018
very fast paced, back to back haircuts so you definitely stay busy. have to work a lot of hours to reap benefits in tips. rude customers from time to time but thats anywhere
Pros
high tips if you work long hours
Cons
no benefits
December 6, 2018

Thank you for being a part of a wonderful community of stylists and managers!

Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 5, 2018
I have worked as a receptionist for a year and a half and have enjoyed my time there. The environment is fast paced, but not very stressful. The stylists are great and are encouraged to continue progressing through weekly or monthly competitions with prizes at the end.
December 6, 2018

We appreciate you sharing your feedback and comments. Thank you for being a valued member of a great team!

Fun fast pace work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CADecember 3, 2018
I liked the fast pace work environment. I did not like the haircut time guidelines. They make you rush to meet your time. The owner we had was very sweet and didn’t pressure us too much but it’s still something to worry about.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Time of haircuts
December 4, 2018

Our cutting system and advised haircut times are based on years of data we have collected showing the optimal time it takes to complete a quality haircut. Every customer deserves a personal experience and more time may be needed with some to be sure that happens. Clearly, others take less time. If you would like to share more, please email Jeanne@greatclips.com. We are happy to help you. Thank you.

lower your pay
Master Stylist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 3, 2018
I love the fast pace environment but if you decide to continue your education they, the owner will cut your pay 1.25, even when you are still full time.
December 4, 2018

Since each salon is independently owned and operated, this would be something your franchisee would need to address with you. You are welcome to email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to your franchisee for follow up with you. Thank you.

no dignity
hair stylist (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INDecember 1, 2018
If you can sell retail you can get away with murder. If you show up on time, never call in, never have complaints about your haircuts,dress appropriately, clean relentlessly, take on duties without being asked or are out of your job description, work weekends and holidays and show up to cover those who call in, have 20 years experience, and customers who love you but your retail is lacking you will be punished, have hours taken away unless they are understaffed which is often and then you will be worked to absolute death,and over all not appreciated. Great clips ins't a hair salon, its a glorified beauty supply sweatshop.they treat their employees like retail or fast food workers that can be found on any street corner. they forget you have actual skills.
Pros
benefits, tips
Cons
no holiday time, no family time, retail pressure.
December 2, 2018

We are sorry that this has been your experience. Because each salon is independently owned and operated, the best person to address your concerns is your franchisee. If you would like, you can email Jeanne@greatclips.com with the salon location where you are employed and details. We will forward it to your franchisee for follow up with you. If you prefer to be anonymous, please let us know. Thank you.

Fun Place to Work for College Students
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 1, 2018
As a receptionist, I got paid well for a relatively relaxed job. As a full time career, being a receptionist here isn't a great option, just because there isn't a lot of advancement. But for extra money during college, or for a part time job, it was a great option! The management is flexible and works really well with you. The salon is a fun fast paced atmosphere and always keeps you on your toes. It doesn't get old and the people that work there are great. As a part time job, this is a great place to work.
December 2, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working in the salon. We appreciate your feedback.

Loved working for Great Clips
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 29, 2018
Sure, it had it's ups and downs. Not many people can say this, but our franchisee IS AMAZING. He actually cares and knows ALL of his employees by name! And he has almost ten stores! However, the management team could use some work. As well as communication and the team as a whole, but that's to be expected.
Pros
help repay student loans, 401k, Paid Training, pay for supplies $50 from each paycheck until its paid off
Cons
Short lunch breaks and no real breaks after that, really hard for beginners with its fast pace
November 30, 2018

We appreciate everything that you and your team do in the salon each day! Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Clips. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight