Great Expectations

Great Expectations Employee Reviews

United States55 reviews

daypaypeoplecompanyworkingmanagementgreatjob

Productive workplace with excellent teachers

I worked very hard at this job as it was my first coop job through school. I also attended this day care as a child and the teachers are excellent and very caring. The one thing that I did not like was that I did not get paid which was why I decided to move on to a new paid job.

Cons

No pay, No breaks

Great company

In my short time working at Great Expectations I was treated like one of the family. The people I worked with were very compassionate about the work we did and the children we cared for.

Pros

Very rewarding work.

Cons

Healthcare

Great Expectations insights

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Clear sense of purpose

Fun place to work, residents are enjoyable.

This company has a management that wants the very best for the residence and there Staff. Caring individuals that always leave me feeling appreciated and needed.

Pros

Paid breaks and lunches, meals provided.

Cons

A flexible schedule is a must with this job.

They have a personal interest in all their employees

Great company to work for. They have a personal interest in all their employees and for the families that they serve. Everyone is super friendly and very professional. From the time you enter the facility we're always greeted with a smile.

Bad place

They were not doing things up to code and so I had to leave there unexpectedly. They were having lots of visits from liscensing and lying about things.

Micromanage

I had no problem working for this company until the random issues started happening. I started getting text on my days off about the way I was talking to the clients etc etc. I worked 4 days a week, 16hrs a day, taking care of 6 developmentally challenged adult men. I cooked 2-3 hot meals a day, passed meds 3 times a day, cleaned the house, washed laundry and took them to appointments when it was deemed necessary. There was no communication in the house. If people felt some type of way they’d just send a text to a manger and the. Boom! You’re being called to the office about something you have neither done or know anything about. There was no review of cameras; even though there were cameras in the home. It was just take the word of someone and not even ask the other person “involved”. I hated that place after a while. I’d never suggest anyone work for these people. They play favorites and it’s not right.

Great place

Wondering environment , great staff , and great kids! Would love to work for this company again if they was still open.. I learned a lot from working here especially when it comes to dealing with children and their differences, I would LOVE to be able to one day open up my own daycare.

Typical Call Center

This was an interesting position because it was scheduling appointments for a dating service. The conversations were always interesting, if not entertaining.

Amazing!

I love working at Great Expectations! The owners are extremely welcoming and friendly. The customers that come in are kind and understanding. I would recommend!

work experience was always filled with fun and exciting adventures and activities

I loved working here it was the longest position held and I had a wonderful group of ladies to brainstorm and participate as team players. We work together in a diverse population of families and staff and we bonded and formed lasting lifetime friendships and partnerships

Pros

Great experience, benefits, career advancement, paid time vcations learning adventures corporate organization

Cons

friendly staff and always work together

It was a great opportunity to work with the staff and had a great time to communicate with each other to make sure everyone is on task and finish what we were supposed to be doing.

Pros

helping out each other

Cons

peopler were great to work for

I loved working here. people were fun, nice, & laid back. to bad it closed up. it was a great place. small family oriented. she was very nice lady. miss it

Pros

fun

Cons

closed down

Not a very good place

Its basically aggressive sales pitches all day long. Telemarketing for an outdated dating service. The managers expect you to be harsh, blunt, and pushy. Very high pressure environment.

Residential assistant

Being a residential assistant was like being in a home setting teaching basic living skills to people who needed assistance in reaching their goals, learning to maintain independent living.

Pros

Teaching people who want to learn is rewarding

Cons

Company when out of bussiness

Rewarding

This job has allowed me to feel honored when I see the impact I have made in the lives of those who I assist with physical and mental disabilities. I am just 22 years old, and this job has been very rewarding. I have made a positive impact on all the clients who I have helped over the last 3 years. I am very greatfull because the clients that I have helped also have made a very positive impact on my own life as well.

hardest part of the job

Long overnight shifts, being away from your family. Dealing with behavior issues that goes unnoticed. The lack of help when assisting a 2 person assist and your the only overnight person at the house.

Pros

Resident/Staff outtings

Cons

Straight Pay

good place to work with nice people

GXU was a good place to work, just a very busy and demanding job. clients are friendly; real family environment. Job is not good if you have little children that require a lot of attention.

Pros

money is good, pay every week

Cons

short brakes or none at all, very fast pace

Not enough pay or hours

Was hired full time bit forced to share my hours with another employee. Never had enough staff for the kids and was forced to handle the room on your own.

Pros

Great staff

Cons

No paid holidays, no breaks, director and assistant director has poor work ethic

Helping students

Alternative education in as far educating students who need extra care. I have learned much about why students attend here and how it helps them succeed. Management was very efficient in the placement of the students. The culture was different from regular education.

Pros

Community Service projecs

Cons

Pay

Like a high school work environment

Was not the best of work environments but could be fun at times. Little job security because of lack of control in conversions and ratios. Plus I believe they have laid off the call center and no longer do phone marketing as of now.

to stressful. to much drama

place stresses a person out, there is always incidents happening, no strict guidelines to follow. there are over their child to teacher ratio. co workers and my little nuggets were the only reason i stayed as long as i did.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Expectations. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

1.2
InHerSight Score
1.0Personal Development
1.8Career Opportunities
1.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight