Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews

Proceed With Caution
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 20, 2018
Dr was very good to work with, and two other assistants , a lot of favoritism, at this particular office , have to clock out if you don’t have any patients for a particular procedures, which always seemed to be the same assistant doing the procedures, there’s one assistant who can’t “Do Any Wrong “ in the office, office manager, is not as nice as she seems , production is important!!!! GEDC stresses morning huddles “We” never had one the entire time I was there, even though this is stressed in Orientation!!!!
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Non
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2018
Great Expressions provides the tools you need to go into different areas, you are not limited to just one speciality. You learn about working with the company
If you consider yourself a healthcare provider this will not be a good fit.
RDH (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 4, 2018
As with other corporations, this one is very production driven. Goal was to see more than 20 patients per day to make "quota". Also told I talked too much to the patients even though it was mainly about OHI. Double and sometimes triple booked. This was a medicaid office, which made production even more difficult. If you are competitive and driven to make money this may work for you; but if you are healthcare and patient minded, not a good fit.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Stressful production driven enviornment
Overall, great company to work for.
Dental assistant, patient consultant (Former Employee) –  9250 College Pwy Fort Myers, FLJuly 3, 2018
I cchoose not to since I am no longer working for the company. It is pointless to review them. I don't know what they are up to now, it has been about a year I left.
Not for everyone
Treatment Coordinator / Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJuly 3, 2018
I took this job with excitement. I felt I selected them b/c I see them everywhere so I was securing a job. SO I THOUGHT. I was hired on and in less then 2 weeks my job description that they originally told me had changed . Also the location they said I would be changed as well. I still tried to stay and go through the training but I continued to be moved about with out completing any task dots management moving me here and there. I honestly believe that management didn't even know what was going half the time. I ended up being release by the company b/c lack of work base needs.
Pros
you get a check to pay your bills
Cons
culture, travel, hours, training
Get your experience and go
Dental Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2018
Please, please, pretty please! Get your experience with this company and then get out! This is not a company to work for long term. GEDC knows that (in fact my hiring boss said that). GEDC relies on new graduates because of their inexperience. They will pay you way below what you deserve and they will work you like a mule. Be ready to travel! Even if you apply for an office in your home town, they may require you to work somewhere 20-40+ miles away with or without ample notice. They are all about the money and patient comes second or third. Trust me, the benefits are not really worth it either. The best part about this company is that they will hire just about anyone. This is a great way to get your necessary experience and then find somewhere else that you can call home.

The best part of the job for me is interacting with patients. The company and administration that I ran into put a poor taste in my mouth. Trying to stay with this company long term is a disservice to yourself. I cannot emphasize this enough.
Pros
Interacting with patients
Cons
Low pay, toxic work environment, inadequate benefits
Run away!!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 19, 2018
If they promise you a raise don’t believe them. Those people don’t care about their employees or patients!! Their mission is “MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY” they abuse your skills and have you working like a slave! I’ve been a DA for 5 yrs and they won the award for “The Worst Place to Work” !! CONGRATSSSSSS
Management Needs Organization
PATIENT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
Great Expressions is a good company to work for but management needs to ensure that they work more on treating their employees with respect and allow them to grow within the company. Not too much room for growth.
Day to day
Patient Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 5, 2018
The company sees over 200 clients a day. That need to be check-in and checked-out. Management was not needed for every step of the day and the hardest part was checking in all patient before a certain time of the day . The most enjoyable part of the day was talking to the patient. Getting to tell them everythong is going to be okay, and that everything is going to get better within a few days.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short
A fun and busy office
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIMay 24, 2018
While working at Great Expressions I enjoyed working alongside the doctor, hygienists, and the other office staff. This office was a great place to gain experience working in the dental field and a very fast paced setting which helped me to learn good time management.
Okay place to work, but could be better.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMay 13, 2018
I really like working for this company, but of course it has its pros and cons. They help you learn new skills to help improve your work performance.
Pros
Learned New Skills
Cons
Instead of letting you help another team member out you have to clock out.
stay away. do not work here
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 9, 2018
One of the most unprofessional companies I have ever worked for.
All the centers are money hungry and not customer focused. They will fire you without any notice. It happened to me and many others I knew. So much back stabbing on the upper levels of management. I heard C-level executives talk about specific providers in such a negative light. You are not valued as an individual and are treated so poorly.
Pros
good pay
Cons
VPO's
Fun loving place
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 7, 2018
I love working at Kool Smiles Dentistry I had the chance to work as a insurance verifier. Unfortunately the office I worked at closed and moved to Michigan.
Productive and positvie place to work.
DENTAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 4, 2018
I enjoyed working with this company. I also enjoyed working with different patients. Management was very helpful. The workplace was very clean and orderly.
productive, fun group of people
Dental Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2018
I loved my externship at Great Expressions, the people there were amazing and I wish I could go back. it was like a family and your peers just wanted to see you do great.
It's an okay job, but not a career.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIApril 27, 2018
I worked in an office with a manager that liked to bully everyone. Upper management refused to do anything to fix the situation. It's a very corporate company. They are all about the bottom dollar, the patients come second. The medical is terrible its extremely expensive and does not cover much. The dental was ok, but considering this is a dental company it should have been better. I wouldn't recommend this company.
Pros
Regular office hours, no holidays, very few weekends
Cons
Management doesn't care, expensive insurance
Management does not support staff
Patient Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLApril 26, 2018
Large corporate office - no consideration for local environment or patient needs. Management was disorganized. Constantly short staffed. Very stressful work environment. Manager would scream at employees in front of patients. Very hostile work environment.
Productive, fun and competitive work place
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2018
This is by far the best place to work. I have been a part of this family for 10+ years and definitely many more to come. Management is understanding and company is always looking for new ways to grow.
Pros
benefits and overall nice atmosphere
Cons
it's not close to home but I don't mind the drive
Lack of Communication
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 7, 2018
Communication between all levels of management and employees need great improvement. You find out about job responsibilities through word of mouth and last minute when your job is on the line. Not a good job motivator. The work culture is high school and a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Work independantly
Cons
High turnover, poor management, non-competitive pay, high cost of healtcare(three packages) still not affordable.
Doctors doesn't understand their job
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  traveledApril 3, 2018
Management need to be more organized and knowledgeable of the dental field, especially the specialty departments so they could better organize the front and back clinical staff. The Doctors should not show favoritism to assistants that doesn't know their job well, then put all the blame on the experienced assistants.
Pros
plenty of hours available and good monthly bonus if quota is met
Cons
poor management, Doctors doesn't understand their job very well either

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Expressions Dental Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight