Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews

Quantity over quality
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 15, 2019
Company only cares about how many patients you can see in a short amount of time. Didnt value quality of care or ethics. Push you to sell as much as you can. Doesnt give raises. Very bad management ! 10 patients in 4 hours they made me see and very similar occurrences happened. Sometimes triple booked. Never enough time given to give quality treatment
Pros
Health benefits
Terrible Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIApril 4, 2019
I despised working for this company. They only care about their bottom line, not their patients or their employees. Everything is a numbers game. I loved the doctor I worked for and my team, but management is terrible. You never hear from them, receive no training, basically left to figure everything out yourself and then get scolded when it’s not done right. Would never consider going back here. Unethical practices. Patients are crammed on the schedule to maximize production for the day, but the patients and the team members all pay for it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, zero feedback
Terrible place to work for!!
RDA (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 3, 2019
No management at all. No one knows anything. The is no training. Work through lunches, stay hours after last patient’s appointment is over. Underpaid and overworked. Terrible.
Normal
Orthodontic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 28, 2019
To much preferred people, they don’t treating workers with respect, the management is really unprofessional, the front desk are unprofessional, no clean place, that are just about to money they don’t care the health
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional
Take a job here it if you need it but KEEP LOOKING!
Orthodontic Assistant/Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIMarch 23, 2019
Great Expressions makes a lot of promises to employees and sounds like a good place to work but that was Not my Experience. Compensation is Low and don't expect a raise.
Pros
Has hours to work
Cons
Low compensation, doesn't give raises, offers bonuses but don't count on ever getting one
Fast pace with same day sqeeze in.
Registered dental hygienist (Former Employee) –  OHMarch 19, 2019
Keep your head down and do as they say. Dont ask questions or they treat ya different. If that's what you like. Hours are nice five day no weekends. No control of sch.
Pros
No weekends.
Cons
Sqeezing in patients. Short breaks. Work during some breaks.
Productive and fun
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 15, 2019
I completed my externships at great expressions the company was organized and manageable , replacements neat and clean, manager and employees more respectful and polite, and I learned a lot from working there
Pros
An hour lunch break, discount cleaning and repairs on teeth
Cons
Risks of getting bit or getting punctured by tools and needles
Its an ok to start
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIMarch 15, 2019
Nice start out job and to get up on your feet as long as you have a good team. People are nice and help. Patients are happy as long as treated well. Everything is smooth if you have the right team.
Great company to work for!
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 13, 2019
I can’t say enough about GEDC! I’m well taken care of and I feel so blessed to be a part of my team. I love the office I’m in.
The DDS I work with is a pleasure. He treats me like an associate rather than an employee. He values my input and allows me the autonomy to make decisions.
Overall, it’s the best job I’ve ever had in my18 years as an RDH.
Pros
I have my own assistant, autonomy, benefits, great pay
Cons
It can sometimes get overwhelming, but I love a challenge
No exactly as advertised
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  TampaMarch 3, 2019
If you need a job take it. Every office is different but i couldn't deal w/ the lack of formal training, bullying, &disrespect from my Dr and coworker
Pros
Benefits. Most weekends off.
Cons
Not a team player, positive enviornment
Stay Away
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAFebruary 22, 2019
If you're in need of 6 months to a year of experience, then this is the place for you. Once you become more comfortable with your skills , and responsibilities, leave this company immediately!
I love it here
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 13, 2019
Great management, great company! Mostly everyone seems to want to help. Definitely room for advancement here. Lots of personal growth as well. I've seen other company "cultures" do it better; it could use a little improvement. I think it's headed in the right direction though. :)

Some areas for improvement:
-Offer unique benefits (ex: some companies partner with yoga/pilates studios to offer their employees some % off)
-company wide events
-401k needs match
-needs someone who worked in the offices to coordinate with PSC. too often the process doesn't work
Pros
autonomy, good teams, benefits
Cons
less pto than before, HR dept
Worst job experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 10, 2019
As a first time dental assistant I was excited to start my new job. I quickly learned that this was not going to be the right office for me. After the first week I had learned the routine and where everything was. I was the assistant to the assistants. I prepared the rooms, stocked the storage room, stocked work stations, greeted and sat patients, took x-ray's, took impressions, charted medical history, charted reason for visit, pediatric patient cleanings, and sterilized instruments. I was the assistant/rover for the General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, and the Orthodontist. The assistants wouldn't clean up their work stations when finished with a patient. I would be responsible for 4-5 rooms at a time while patients are waiting to be seated. There was poor time management and the office manager was not understanding of what happened in the back office. in your contract you get an hour lunch. Most days you were lucky to get 30 minutes. there were a few times that no lunch was taken and I had to go without eating or taking a break. While I was working there I was pregnant and not eating became a health issue. I stuck it out as long as possible before I had to put my health and my child's health first. If this office had better management and time management then I think it would have been a better work experience.
Cons
poor management, don't follow procedures, don't give full lunch breaks
productive work when the office is open
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 29, 2019
Productive work place not much room for growth. Benefits were good. Staff and some mangers were friendly. They follow chain of command. Office are clean
No room for Growth or Increase in pay
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 26, 2019
GEDC wants you to work hard for little pay. Growth is non existent when it comes to this company. They would rather hire someone with little to no experience than to promote within. Management in my experience has no faith in the employees. They make you feel little, as if your not as good as you are. This is a scare tactic to keep you there. GEDC has the BEST employees, I just wish they were treated better.
Pros
Mon-Fri 8-5 Schedule
Cons
Compensation, Management, and No Growth within the company
Learned expeirence for futur endevors
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJanuary 23, 2019
Decent company to work for unfortunately I left prior to the upper management being changed which may have persuaded me to stay, if I would have known.
Pros
Enjoyable staff.
Cons
Charged for every little item, passive aggresive management, lack of communication
Loved my co-workers
DENTAL HYGIENIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 12, 2019
I was required to arrive at 7:45 am sharp, you did not receive your bonus pay for perfect attendance unless you were never late. My hours were always variable, very dependent on how my schedule was for the day. I rarely had any advance notice for hours being cut so I could plan my life accordingly.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
didn't always get my 40 hours
Awful awful awful
Front office (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLJanuary 11, 2019
This is the worst job I have ever had. Management is a complete joke. Staff as rude, hostile, and very belittling. As an employee I am ashamed to say I work here. I have never seen such cut throat behavior and lies out of management like this ever before. I have zero intentions of staying here. Sad to say if you want a job that you are bullied and lied to and little to zero appreciation this is the perfect place.
Horrible working place
Patient Coordinator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 10, 2019
The office manager doesn't like to help you and if you call HR they're not willing to help you is just like they're designed for you to fail at your job. and if you don't have like a person that you're friends with his like a manager you're going to get fired easily.
Pros
Hour lunch, the patients
Cons
Office managers get wet pay way too much and treat people wrong
Friendly workplace
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GADecember 19, 2018
As my first corporate dental office, I enjoy working with my coworker. Working as a team to help one another to teach and learn. Without the employee that work there I wouldn't have enjoyed working at this company. The instability of mangers and rules discourage me greatly. No true guidance from higher personnel to help maintain goals and enforce managing in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Expressions Dental Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight