Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 14, 2018
I guess I shouldn't say, worst place ever, I'm sure h-ll might be a close second. If your company is being bought by GEDC, RUN!!! In your first meeting with them, they will give you the "sales pitch" they are different and not a corporate dentistry, Don't drink the juice and believe them, they need you until they replace you. Its all about the dollar and you are nothing to them.
Pros
nothing
Cons
working there
Great Expressions
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 8, 2018
A typical day at work work be arriving at 8:00 am and entering insurance plans as well as verifying insurance for patients. Creating insurance plans from benefit break down and percentages.
Pros
ability to take breaks whenever
Cons
Hitting the quota for insurance plans accurately
I enjoyed my time there.
Dental Intern (Former Employee) –  Conyers, GAOctober 2, 2018
Be own time. Ask plenty of questions. Help out when you can. Be intentional. Network Network NETWORK! Be sure to bring snacks while at work as well. Have fun!
RDA - Specialty (Former Employee) –  Mesquite, TXOctober 2, 2018
Poor management; incompetent management; lack of professional with dental industry knowledge; poor scheduling; workplace conflicts of interest among managers
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Worst company ever
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLOctober 1, 2018
Management is worst ever, manager is very scattered and can’t focus on what needs to be done at that moment. Manager abuses position within company by intimidating staff members creating very uneasy feeling throughout the office. Company doesn’t care about staff all just a number, terrible health insurance that you pay to much for, time cards are changed by management and you lose overtime and you don’t get the proper amount of overtime you work for! If your looking for long term employment this is not company to work for!
Much Better Places Than Here
Management (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 28, 2018
Upper management, such as AOMs, have no clue about day to day operations and are of no assistance when you need it. Management does whatever works for their particular office, no one follows company protocol, and no one stops the offices that have terrible customer relations or poor management. HORRIBLE billing and computer systems make the job that much more difficult unnecessarily. Everyone always seems miserable, no one likes their jobs, but because they pay a little more than other chains, most feel obligated to stay. Company says patient care is their priority however that is just plain untrue. Their main priority is money and billing patients added fees for anything insurance doesn’t pay enough for or doesn’t pay for at all. Most of the doctors seem kind and knowledgeable. However, most of the doctors are fresh out of school and this is their first job. Most leave within a year or two. Company also has a 40% turnover rate- with over 3000 employees that really speaks volumes. Everything this company says seems appealing at first so you take the job...it’s all smoke and mirrors. If you have other options, don’t waste your time here.
A joke
Employee (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 21, 2018
They rather overwork the hard workers and congratulate the ones who know nothing. No one deserves what I've witnessed regarding the lack of compassion.
Cons
Busy but fun work place!
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLSeptember 19, 2018
We are a fast paced office but I enjoy coming to work. I have been working in this field for 15+ years and this is my first time working in corporate dentistry. It is a pleasant surprise how family and patient oriented Great Expressions they also offer plenty of room for growth in the company. For myself I was promoted in less than a year to management and look forward to advancing more in the future.
Pros
Vacation/ sick hours also additional well pay benefits, giving patients quality care, growth in the company
Cons
busy, sometimes stressful
Overall Great Company to work for
Treatment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
Great Expressions Dental Centers provide room for you to grow within the company. After 11 years of being with the company, I have learned almost every position from clinical to front office.
fun to work
General Dentist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
I like working with great expression but the vis president do not want you to have family time. she does not like any time off. she fights with everyone who wants a reasonable time off.
Employee centered
Director of Recruitment (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 13, 2018
Great Expressions Dental Centers has grown incredibly fast and opportunities are everywhere to make a big impact. You're more likely to be happy here if you enjoy taking on new tasks and coming up with solutions. The company has talented, passionate people from top to bottom and I've never worked with so many resilient people. It's just the type of energy you look for in a growing organization. With a change in executive leadership this year, team members are excited about what the future has to bring.
Pros
Recognition, optimism, executive integrity, opportunity, health and wellness, fun
Cons
legacy systems
High turnover/management
Office Manager/ Oral Surgery Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 12, 2018
When I first started with GEDC I enjoyed my job. But things changed.
Awful place to work. Very high turnover in management. A lot of unhappy employees.
Pros
patients/Dentist/employee were great
Cons
Management unfair and uncaring. Money driven.
Great co-workers, fun place to be
Practice Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 12, 2018
It's easy to come to work when you work with a team like ours. We consider ourselves family. We all have the same outlook on helping patients get out of pain and help them smile again.
Productive & comfortable environment to work in
Internship (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 11, 2018
I have nothing but good things to say about Great Expressions. The office is so family oriented and professional i love it!! Everyone works together as a team and it’s eff. I can assure that my coworkers in my office have my back at all times!
Good starting place
Employee (Current Employee) –  Michigan Center, MISeptember 1, 2018
The company is on to another leadership team. Compensation is below expectation and benefits are horrible. They need to focus on training and compensation/ benefits. Which seems to be the main reason for turnover.
Great company
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 28, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Great Expression but at the time of my departure the company was merging Great Expression and Nanston and positions were being merged or downside.
Pros
great company
Cons
limited positon 10 yrs ago
Run for the hills
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAAugust 24, 2018
This company is full of liars . The doctors make up fake diagnosis just to get your money . They will cut your work hours if you have Medicaid they give you limited service
Cons
Great company to work for.
Front Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 22, 2018
Working at Great Expressions was a great learning experience along with great staff, benefits and great management. Answering phones, verifying insurance, scheduling appointments, checking in and patients out.
Pros
Great experience
Horrible Place
Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 2, 2018
I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. The management is awful. They don’t care how they treat or speak to you. All they care about is the money. They could care less about their patients and how they are treated.
They Value each patient
Practice Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 25, 2018
The patients are truly valued. Available appointment times and multiple locations with multiple specialist. Accept all discount and insurance plans.
Pros
Multiple Locations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Expressions Dental Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight