Great Expressions Dental Centers Employee Reviews

Productive, fun and competitive work place
Patient Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2018
This is by far the best place to work. I have been a part of this family for 10+ years and definitely many more to come. Management is understanding and company is always looking for new ways to grow.
Pros
benefits and overall nice atmosphere
Cons
it's not close to home but I don't mind the drive
Doctors doesn't understand their job
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  traveledApril 3, 2018
Management need to be more organized and knowledgeable of the dental field, especially the specialty departments so they could better organize the front and back clinical staff. The Doctors should not show favoritism to assistants that doesn't know their job well, then put all the blame on the experienced assistants.
Pros
plenty of hours available and good monthly bonus if quota is met
Cons
poor management, Doctors doesn't understand their job very well either
Its a trap! Do not work for worst expressions!
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 28, 2018
First job offered out of Dental School. Shady is an understatement to describe management. Waited till the day before I was supposed to begin to see the office I would be working in. Sat in the back office over 90% of the time I was there. I had to give a 60 not 30 day notice because with them you will be paid even if you do not have enough treatment walking through the door. Hence, you will be creating a debt. Was paid pennies for the notice period, which I had to beg for. Do yourself a favor, AVOID this company by all means necessary!
Pros
Cons
VERY SLOW office, VERY LOW production
Production milling environment
Dentist(former employee) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 27, 2018
Good experience for a new dentist but not something to do long term. You will be thrown in and expected to know things you never tried before. Make the production or get fired. See as many patients as possible or else.
Pure production corporate dentistry with quality work on a low side
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 18, 2018
Pure production oriented environment. Employees at the front desk and assistants were often not very happy but did not voice their frustration in fear of being fired. Until they found a better office to work in and left. They treat general dentists like production machines.
Fear of losing the job is how they rule.... NOt a good environment to work in PERIOD!
Pros
constant flow of patients
Cons
Continuous drumming from management about PRODUCTION
No appreciation
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2018
There is no appreciation at this job at all. It doesn't matter if you work yourself to death or you barely work at all, no appreciation. Management is unhelpful, turnover is crazy. Patients hate the turnover of new providers and new staff but when you don't appreciate those that work for you it will continue to happen.
Not the best dental office to excel
patient coirdinator (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAMarch 14, 2018
Management at Great Expressions Dental was not fair at all
when promoting employees. I worked extremely hard to provide
exceptional service and was acknowledged by the Doctors and
my team,but the management just seemed to overlook the extra
work and time employees put in to create the best possible atmosphere possible in the dental office. I enjoyed my job as far
as my team mates and I expected more from the company. I decided
if I was going to further my knowledge and talents in the field I had
to search elsewhere for a more successful practice with caring staff.
Large turnover in management
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  OhioMarch 13, 2018
Typical corporate dentistry. You must sell products and compete with other locations. Does not take Care Source Insurance but is listed as a provider.
Pros
no nights or weekends
Cons
paper charts/ no digital xrays
Good company to work
Dental hygienist (Former Employee) –  texasMarch 12, 2018
Hard to make changes necessary for smooth patient flow. working as a hygienist it takes a team to run an office smoothly. I would work for them again in another state.
Stay away !!!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 1, 2018
continuing education reimbursemtn??? That’s not true they never paid for your education. We encourage personal growth and development and provide opportunities for mentorship, and career advancements???? False!!!!!! I grow up in my profession and they never give me the chance to stay in the company with better salary or better position! Stay away of this factory Great Depression, they don’t appreciate anybody, the don’t care about the patient, everything is money and sell!!!
fun
ORTHODONTIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 27, 2018
Great expressions is a fun and friendly atmosphere to work in you will meet new positive minded people. There is opportunity for growth here. They have prizes you can you win. You will be on a team. and everybody helps everybody. in the dental assisting or Ortho. assisting they provide your uniform. front have to purchase their uniform there selves. This is a fun atmosphere you will be surrounded by people that love what they do.That's give people there smile and confident backs one smile at a time. That's their motto.
Pros
sometimes you meant not get a lunch break just a fews mins. to eat something
Cons
benefits are great and they will work with you on more hours needed or less
All around horrible
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  New City, NYFebruary 26, 2018
I have worked for the corporation for 11 months.
And the only positive thing i can say about the corporation is that i have met a few good people willing to help out.
Pros
Cons
The entire corporation is a farce
All they care about is money
Patient Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, MIFebruary 24, 2018
If u are new to the dental field then this would be a great place to work, to obtain experience. Hours are long are crucial. Company runs more like a factory get you in if your paying roll you our if your arent.
Great Expression is a wonderful place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoyed the staff and the patients are very warm. Learning was very easy from the staff and Management, and all the Dentist are approachable. It's a great place to work!
Good place to work...
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLFebruary 15, 2018
Ok place to work.. Just not good benefits health plan very expensive and not a good plan thru some company call Healthscope.. No 401k match or stocks for managment or employees wish they offered more for someone that stays long term...good starting pay!!
Pros
Set schedule. Pay
Benefits
great environment
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Babylon, NYFebruary 11, 2018
The Doctors were great and the staff was friendly. with the Doctors having over 25 years with the practice the patients were trusting and kind. The facility needed and update at the time.
Pros
great team
Cons
out dated facility
Productive nice place to work
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 4, 2018
Very fast paced place to work with lot to learn with collaborative and friendly work environment. Good benefits with mandatory over-time towards month-end.
Pros
Cons
Career advancement
The hardest part of the job
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MIFebruary 4, 2018
The hardest part of the job was that it was only part time and the hours were really early. With it being part time in order to get full time one had to drive around Michigan.
A horrible a place. Ripping off patients is their #1 concern.
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTFebruary 3, 2018
Do not take a job here. The company has no interest whatsoever in patient care. They overcharge and unnecessary treatment is the norm. Hygiene directors have zero interest in quality care, just sell, sell, sell.

A sad joke of a medical practice. This company represents all that is wrong and dishonest in medical care.

Management from the office manager on up is a complete mess. My office manager had zero clinical experience. You would think after being an office manager for years they would learn SOMETHING about dentistry. Nope. Had her asking me if it was possible to take a periapical on tooth #8.

String of bad dentists including one who destroyed a dental chair in a rage fit, another who had visible facial
Calculus and Perio you could smell if walked within 10 feet of him. Before I began work there they had a guy that they never checked credentials. When asked to produce his CT license, he left and never came back.

Great Expressions is hands down the worst place I have ever worked. Every aspect of that company is a sham and they have no problem ripping off their patients.

Avoid at all costs.
Pros
Cons
The entire operation
Loved my job, but did not like how the company treated people
Lead Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 30, 2018
The job, and coworkers were great. The company did not treat their employees very well, and are solely out to make a buck. Expectations were clear, but if they want you fired, they will work the system to get you fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Expressions Dental Centers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

2.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight