Great Lakes Airlines Employee Review

View all Great Lakes Airlines reviews

Interesting unique job.
Customer Service Agent/ Station Manager (Former Employee) –  Cortez, COAugust 12, 2013
On a typical day at work I would check in passengers. Communicate with the air craft by radio. Marshal the plane on to the ramp. My agent and I would off load the baggage and the passengers. Then we would load the baggage and the passengers. Next, marshal the plane off the ramp. Take the on and off times from the air craft by radio. Report the times to head quarters using the computer programs. I would check my email and reply as needed. Approve payroll and other management paperwork.

I learned more about managing people. I learned how far I could be stretched by adversity and persevere.

I felt like the management was over worked and that caused them to be less supportive. Over all they were very knowledgeable and ran the company well.

The hardest part of the job was the turnover of the customer service agents. The airport was 20 miles out of town and the shifts were 3 hour shifts, I believe that is why we had such a turn over at Great Lakes.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the plane. I also enjoyed training my customer service agents. I always liked interacting with the passengers.
Pros
Flight benifits
Cons
Pay vs cost of living in Moab

Other Great Lakes Airlines Employee Reviews

out of business
Captain (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2018
great lakes airlines is no longer in operation, with out an operation, it is impossible to work there, I would recommend not applying as you'll not be hires; they're out of business
A satisfying company to work for
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 24, 2018
Fast Paced and always expecting the unexpected. Enjoyable and rewarding. A sense of pride for a job well done.
Company was family orientated. Safety and security are high priority.
Pros
Travel and family feeling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Lakes Airlines. Our community is ready to answer.