Great Lakes Brewing Company Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Company Great Beer
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 18, 2017
The company was setting the foundation for growth when i was working there and I had a good fortune of growing with the company. The brewpub was very busy and the place had a great vibe to it. The awards and accolades were pouring in and it was a very fun time to work there.
Pros
Growing Company, Loyal customers, great staff.
Cons
Growing pains learning how to communicate as company grew.
Don't fall for the "family" lines.
Kentucky Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  KentuckyApril 4, 2017
While Great Lakes Brewing Company is a great place to get beer, it is NOT a great place to work. High demand for brewery jobs means you're disposable. Although they pride themselves on having a family atmosphere, they are corporate and cold, underpaying when possible. The triple-bottom-line concept makes it so that incentives are completely bogus. For example, the sales team receives little commission and sales incentives, but gets a small (less than $1,000) annual bonus based on how many workplace injuries occured, how much water the brewery used and what kind of Yelp reviews the brewpub received. I would not recommend working here, but I do recommend drinking here.
Pros
Beer is good
Cons
Company structure, low pay, no motivation
Head cook
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 16, 2016
I ran every station from grill to salad prep, I would do food other or put the truck away. I also would do private events for them. I also would do Expo make sure the plate were ready to go out.