Great Lakes Caring Employee Reviews

Use to be a great place to work but has changed
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 10, 2018
This company used to be great to work for. Unfortunately with Great Lakes Caring being bought out it has completely changed. My former coworkers were great but the new corporate is no longer caring. No longer patient focused. Many people have lost their jobs. I would not recommend working here anymore. Very sad.
Cons
Poor job security. New cooperate management is poor
Enjoyable work environment.
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 9, 2018
Great place to work. Great people. Provided good training and excellent resources. I learned a lot during my time at Great Lakes Caring. The team was top notch
Surprised to learn of merger, which actually has become a buyout.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIDecember 5, 2018
Losing many great staff, some without notice or researching if anyone is capable of an interoffice transfer or even offer a relocation to Texas.

So difficult to continue doing a job when your work is being moved to another state and the separation date is approaching.
Great Lakes staff is wonderful and caring. A wonderful group of people to work with.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INNovember 28, 2018
When I first went to Great Lakes, it really was a great place to work. the last 6 months have changed with changes in the company's leadership. The local Managers and Clinical Supervisors are great, and the other staff and nurses are great people, but they are limited in what they can do. The territories are larger with more travel, longer hours and more frequent On Call. The patient's are wonderful, and I love helping them, but it's difficult to do your job. Management needs to change.
Pros
The staff is great to work with.
Cons
Larger territories, more travel and On Call
Good Place to Work, but Culture is Changing
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 28, 2018
GLC has been a good place to work for several years, but recent merger is beginning to change the culture of the company, shifting focus from providing the highest quality care to instead focus on the bottom line. Hopefully this is only a short term problem and the company quickly returns to its patient focus.
N/a
Hospice LPN (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MINovember 16, 2018
N/a

Great Lakes is an excellent place to work. They are truely about helping people and they follow their mission. Excellent leadership, and employees
Good Place to Work
CUSTOMER RELATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Jackson MichiganNovember 6, 2018
Pay and benefits are excellent. Since recent merger, job security is limited.
Culture is great, but slowly winding down due to the job security. Busy which is great, never a dull moment
Pros
teamwork, great culture
Cons
job security
Best Job ever
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2018
I lost my job due to company mergers, but working with hospice patients, their families, and all other caregivers was amazing.

I already love what I do as a massage therapist but this company used to see that all of us are people not matter what is going on in life we all deserve to be treated as people.

The nurses, aides and clergies out in the field are great at helping each other and working as a team to help make sure all patients needs are met. I am sure they are still working hard, because this company dose well in finding people whom are committed to their patients.

Even with losing my job I can still say this was a good company when I was there.
Pros
meeting and spending time with awesome people
Cons
the company merger hurt a lot of patients and staff
Director of Home Care (Former Employee) –  Bingham Farms, MINovember 4, 2018
Company working towards growing and expanding. Focus on providing outstanding patient care in a timely manner. Provides opportunities to grow and expand career.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Work-life balance
frutrating, insecure job
Clinical Manger (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 1, 2018
GLC is merging with a company in Texas, they are eliminating jobs without notice to employees. This is a very tense and stressful situation. I love my job and would remain if it weren't for the merger.
Nice place to work
Volunteer Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 30, 2018
Loved working for this company. The company really cared about the patients we took care of. The staff is wonderful the management was caring and always listened when you needed them to.
Pretty good place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 19, 2018
The pay is great and lots of benefits, flexibility is great but not all management is right fit. Workplace culture is very supportive and many resources to reach out to.
Awful
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 19, 2018
Awful place to work, they made me work 14 days in a row and then when I would finally have a day off would ask if I wanted more days. There was no communication in the office ever, about anything, I would go to a patients house and it turns out they had called the service to cancel for the day and Great Lakes wouldn't call me to let me know I wasnt needed for the day, so I drove 30 minutes to and from a patients house to be turned away. I would tell the office that I had a patient who was VERY verbally abusive and nothing was ever done about it. BEWARE.
Pros
Patients are usually amazing
Cons
No communication, hours are awful, nothing done about verbally abusive patient.
I don’t know anymore
Campus Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Burton, MIOctober 18, 2018
Since being bought out, Great Lakes Caring terminated our job without warning and expect us to work until then. Right before the holidays. My manager was great but the company sucks.... if you can don’t work here or make it your second job or you will be homeless
Pros
Great with Scheduling
Cons
Management don’t care
Love home care
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 17, 2018
Home care is fantastic. I love my patients and coworkers.
The collaborative approach is invaluable for our patients.
Functionality of home care is proven to facilitate progress of patients.
Pros
salary
Too Many Changes
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 4, 2018
Company has merged with a larger company, Lost it's way turning to monetary incentive rather than patient focused. New management dose not tell employees about the changes it is making
Pros
good salary
Cons
No work life balance
It is no longer GLC
Triage Nurse Great Lakes Caring (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INSeptember 25, 2018
GLC was bought out and your job is not safe, work, home life balance is non-existent. Patients/caregivers/employees are no longer the priority of the company and benefits are terrible.
Pros
I worked with an excellent team
Cons
The Company
Jobs
Campus Care Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 20, 2018
Its a company that tends to hire workers who care about their patients. You work alone often and can work on your pace and your preference. Management can is good when you can reach them.
Ownership has changed
HME TECHNICIAN I (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MISeptember 14, 2018
My work was great during my time there. I really enjoyed working with the company which had an atmosphere of care for the patient.

However, they eliminated the equipment department without warning. During my job, I delivered and maintained home medical equipment and enjoyed working with the other staff and the patients.

I was blindsided when the department was suddenly eliminated.

Now the company has been taken over by another large healthcare conglomerate and there is no longer the same management.
good place
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 10, 2018
good place for awhile, not enough pay raises or bonus. Hard to move up in the company. most co workers are friendly and nice ot talk to. good for a starter job.
Pros
co workers
Cons
not a lot of raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Lakes Caring. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight