Great Lakes Coca-Cola Employee Reviews

Used to be good
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 16, 2018
Worked as an account manager, used to be fun and they put employees as their number 1 asset...then Great Lakes bought it. Huge cultural change. I found a new job.
When Great Lakes Coca-Cola used to be CCE Coca-Cola that was a good company to work for!!!!
Transport Driver Interplant driver (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 12, 2018
I was a transportation driver pretty much what that is a driver that comes out of production where the product was made and make deliveries to the distribution. Hooking of tractor to trailers pre trip and post trip backing into docks. Driving safely to place to place and getting the product there standing up and the semi there in one piece.

This job helped me prepare for my new job. When you are a delivery driver for Coca-Cola making deliveries to gas station party stores chain stores. No offense you think your in the bubble. You think you are a real trucker. Hate to say it your not you are but not. What I did was nothing what the over the road driver go thru but being a transportation made me a better driver and help me set up for my future. The boss most of them were great man and women but you have your few. If your not willing to play there game then you didn't get the special treatment I call it. I do miss some of my employees and boss but not the games playing.

The hardest part of the job for me was the games being played. Watching work get taken away from us because of other employees. Not sticking together but when the higher guys are getting there extra work don't rock the boat but once they lose that extra work. We all need to stick together. For me that was the hardest part of the job. I hate games. if you do your job and if everyone did there job none of this would happen and stop worrying about other people things would work great.

What I enjoyed most there was driving the semi the freedom of being out there and being my own boss. the friendship I made
  more... being there for 22 years.

The Coca-Cola that once was I would tell everyone to work there you could move up in the company. You get in there part time and move up to a position that you could make a living at and start a family. That is gone. The new Great Lakes Coca-Cola all there care about is the bottom line. If they can bring it from Alaska and they will save themselves a dollar they will do it. They don't care about the people they laid in that city where they are bring the product but you can bring all you want but when no one has a job then no one can buy the product.
Pros
Vending machines for pop is cheap
Cons
everything that has been taken to keep things so you have a better now those are all gone too
High paced work environment
Field Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIApril 25, 2018
High paced environment. best party to see the different places we place Coke in-stores and restaurants and customers being happy
union environment made holding employees accountable difficult
Pros
.50 coke at plant
Cons
union, mgmt
Great work/life balance
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 25, 2018
Great Lakes Coca-Cola is a great place to work because it has a nice balance of work and life. They know the importance of family and that is why we are here. I think it's a great way to spend the rest of my working years, plan on retiring here for sure! Highly recommend, especially after we were purchased by a private company - so many improvements are happening and I'm sure some lazy and unhappy people will leave because of it, but I'm excited about the new changes.
Pros
Company events; work/life balance; happy environment
Cons
Use to be a fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  WIApril 20, 2018
Work/Home Life balance is terrible,you are expected to eat,sleep,breathe, Coca Cola. Micromanaging is through the roof. There are reports for everything. Bonuses use to be quarterly but now are yearly,so you work your tail off for the year and hope you hit all of your goals.They continue to pile on more work and expect it done in a short amount of time. They took away the employee order and expect you to buy the product in the store. Sorry but i will buy whatever is on sale on my own time.It's not what you know,but who you know. If the top dog at the local level likes you and you say yes to everything then you are safe. If you question or challenge things then you are frowned upon. Morale continues to be in the toilet.

There are a lot of good people who work here,but when people with longevity start leaving something is terribly wrong and it starts at the top.
Pros
Its Coca Cola
Cons
The list is long
Not a good place to work
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 18, 2018
Not a good place to work. No work life balance at all. Wharehouse is totally unorganized. Wharehouse supervisors walk around and do nothing . Dispatching of routes is horrible. Upper management has no clue what goes on they do not take any advice on how to make things run better and more efficient from people that actually know how to do the job. Immediate surpervisors are pretty good.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Pay.hours. work life balance. Poorly ran facility.
Great starting job
Merchandiser-PT (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIApril 16, 2018
The job is a great starter job. You need to have a reliable car you are willing to put miles on. You do get compensated for mileage above the average rate
Pros
No experience necessary
Cons
Lots of miles
Absolute nightmare
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint,miApril 15, 2018
This by far is the worst company I have ever worked for. The jobs we do here as positions such as delivery drivers, wharehouse workers, merchandisers, are hard jobs and physically and mentally demanding but that’s ok if your self motivated and a hard worker these are great jobs you never go home feeling like you didn’t put in a full days work. Where the huge red flag is that Great Lakes Coca Cola will not respect you, they will under pay you, they will mysteriously short your check continuesly, there management will bully, intimidate, and constantly threaten your job. And truck drivers be ready to be coached daily on how to drive by supervisors who have never drove a truck in there life, and if your wondering yes we’re on drive cam. I repeat yes we are on drive cam. And they record all day and will pull you in office to threaten your job because you looked out the passanger window. Read this post close if you think any of it’s made up. Most people would not lie about things this detailed and horrible. Some of us are stuck here for now because we have to many years in with Coca Cola before rayes holdings took over last year. But the least we can do is warn others.
Pros
Cons
That C.C.R. Did this to there employees and customers
Good place to work. Very flexible with time off needs.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee WisconsinApril 15, 2018
Very nice place to work. Friendly coworkers. Great opportunities for advancement. Company is very safety oriented. Flexible hours to work around personal commitments
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
usually short staffed
Not a good place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Central WIApril 3, 2018
Long hours and wear and tear on your vehicle. The pay gap between first time full time and older employees is cutthroat. Seems like you can never move up. Account managers order way to much. Supervisor doesn’t care if you rotate the product. Not a fun place to work. Not a family company like GLCC said they were. All they care about is the bottom line.
Cool Job.
Cooler Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, MIApril 1, 2018
Awesome supervisor a laid back environment to work in always something to learn from call to call great job to start for basic mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
Don't do it
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  MIMarch 25, 2018
This job is a joke. I have years in and they do not care about their employees. The benefits keep getting worse and the management is a joke. They are not educated in how to manage people or how to act around people.
Pros
Cons
Bad management, bad morals no advancement
Any company rayes holdings ownes is horrible. Do your homework.
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 24, 2018
It doesn’t matter if you’ve worked here for 20 years or 2 years they treat all employees equal-horrible- that is. We have union workers and non union we’re all treated like dogs. They don’t want to pay anything but they want to work you like a dog. There management choices are a joke too all there key roles are clowns that couldn’t manage a 2 person hot dog stand. Listen If you have a C.D.L. Run this company does not respect our license or our physical job mostly cause they can’t do it they won’t pay you or respect you this company will go down as one of the worst in American history I promise you that.
Pros
Cons
That this company has any money left
Opportunities
Distribution Center Administrator (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMarch 23, 2018
Great Lakes Coca-Cola is part of Reyes Holdings which has 5 entities. If you're looking to expand or relocate, there are plenty of options available to choose from.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Opportunities
Pop prison
Warhouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2018
This is a Union shop and your basically treated like you are in prison. Management turned over and over constantly. Pay was good, but you lived your life there. Overtime was posted every day and you are kept to clean ALL the time even when the work was done. It was like you were being punished. The warehouse manager was a joke as he had favorites and was dirty as they come. Toxic environment to say the least.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Do not work here, apply to Pepsi.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILMarch 20, 2018
After Reyes holdings took over it's been horrible. All they care about is the bottle line. They don't care about their employees. You can tell all they want to do is make a profit by cutting corners and forcing unbearable work loads and expectation. The pay isn't worth the stress and time away from your home life. I suggest if your thinking about applying here, apply to Pepsi coca or Frito-Lay FIRST. They take better care of their employees and they pay way more then coke for the same job. Plus Pepsi and Fritos lay work a lot less. MORE MONEY AND LESS WORK AT PEPSI !
DO NOT APPLY HERE!! APPLY TO PEPSI!!!
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
Everything !!
Look Somewhere Else
Sales (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 16, 2018
If you're looking for a job where you're overworked, under appreciated, doesn't need a life outside of work, constantly looking over your shoulder worrying if your job is next to be cut, and don't care about the way your customers get treated, then this is the place for you. Reyes Holdings or Great Lakes bought this company and turned it into trash. They only care about their bottom line. Employees, management, the customers they service is an afterthought. Many long time, excellent employees have left or are looking to leave. Anyone out there who is just coca cola and hear rumblings that you are to be purchased by Reyes Holdings get out asap. The sooner the better it'll be for you, and your loved ones.
Pros
A job
Cons
Almost everything else
Not worth it
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 16, 2018
DONT DO IT!! Its not worth the headache and stress. managment is a joke and GLCC claims to be a family company when really its just about the bottom line.
Hated it
Process Administrator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, WIMarch 15, 2018
I am only filling this section out because they are requiring it. Dumb. 1.
a book or other written or printed work, regarded in terms of its content rather than its physical form.
"a text that explores pain and grief"
synonyms: book, work, written work, printed work, document
"a text that explores pain and grief"
Great job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 12, 2018
It is a Great company. A lot of Room to grow. Many Good benefits. Awesome and Great wage and amazing managers that help with anything you need at all.