Great Lakes Coca-Cola
49Low

Great Lakes Coca-Cola Employee Reviews

United States214 reviews
Good place to work when starting out
I had the best time learning and growing at this job. Management cared here. Benefits were also very good here. I would recommend trying this company out.
Pros
Great healthcare, vacation
Cons
Company shut down a lot of locations.
Good company to work for
Worked at GLCCD after they purchased distribution for Coca Cola. Slight adjustment to cultural differences but overall good company. Good opportunity in sales and operations.
Supervisor support and Vendor Challenges
Overwhelmingly positive support and encouragement from supervisor, however the role had many challenges. Very often bent knee attitudes towards vendors and stores that I worked in. It made it challenging to be the go-between often.
Management leaves zero room for error. you will be fired as quick as you are hired
wake up. go to work. be told you're not doing your nob right. ask what to do to better your performance. get told " I don't know". get fired. I would avoid this company if you are looking for a healthy work environment or a chance to advance
Hard Pass
Disappointing corporate leadership.

A true investment in people is not missing, its intentionally avoided. GLCC operates as if employees are contractors and everything is temporary which makes meaningful teamwork nearly impossible. And you'd better believe the employees know it.

GLCC is strictly a short term job not a career.
No work life balance
No work life balance. Pay is not very competitive. Two tier pay system. Pay union dues to a union that is no help. Not even a welcome letter. Being forced 16 hours is not a life.
The up lifting characteristics
Went through difficulties that they were more than willing to work with me on. Supervisors were always available to answer any questions one may have. They were very informational.
executives of great lakes are corporate clowns
the reyes brothers, aka great lakes Coca-Cola have no idea what they are doing, all they care about is money, they put everybody on nights & weekends, they don't care about the morale of the employees. All they care about is money. There is a slim to none chance that you get the chance to advance up the corporate ladder with all the backstabbing, political bs, & drama that goes on between the management & employees.When you got 1group of technicians going behind the back of the union & making shady deals with there department supervisor, you know this place is more crooked than the letter S.
Fun Culture and exciting Portfolio of products
A typical day at work at Great Lakes is exciting. every day is filled with fast paced environment and situations that can kep you on your toes. Be sure to always sell everyday with a plan and execution and goals. The portfolio is vast and exciting and changing every quarter as you make sure your shelves are stocked, ordered, and maintained on a daily. The most enjoyable part of this business is the customers you meet and greet with daily as you strive to meet their expectations for greatness and customer satifaction
Stay away
Boys club where they preach culture but create a toxic environment. They hire all young management people over qualified candidates so they can make them think they have a say and are in control, but they take advantage of the yes man mentality of them. Everyone is looking for a job to get out of the toxic environment they created. They do not give their sales teams tools to succeed then try to hold them accountable. They preach culture, but the culture is broken from the front line by the upper management. They do what they want then mess with frontline and ultimately get rid of them or they leave. Very unprofessional situations they put you in when there is a an after work event where the boys club puts you in. Absolutely no growth opportunities.
Its not a bad place to work overall
Not a terrible place to work but not incredibly fantastic either. There is always opportunity to grow and be promoted to different positions. Depending on the position it can be extremely draining physically. There is a lot of different areas to work in.
Pros
Growth opportunities, pays well, lots of positions, and many locations
Cons
Physically demanding, sometimes unfavorable treatment, poor management(some)
Very old school and old boys club... if you are one you will be okay
Long days, hard work are expected, however never being truly appreciated is different. If you want to be a part of this world in the "leadership aspect", understand you have to be a male to succeed. If not your time is limited in many positions within the organizational structure. While it will look good on your resume that is all I would use if for.
Great company to work for
Great Lakes is a wonderful place to work. They give you constant training and the tools to succeed at your job and for advancement. The management staff cares about your well being
Straight forward job with mobility
Travel a daily route to visit stores and replenish the shelves from deliveries and backstock. Check and rotate dates. Build displays. Time goes by quick, and get het home early afternoon.
Learned alot in my years of service
Did not like how the company handled the passing of my Mom with grievance time. Union was not very supportive of my matter as well i feel their was much more that could have been done.
Great Lakes Coca Cola
Horrible company to work for !! In the process of suing.. favoritisms amongst staff.. company whole operation is a joke. I was terminated for a excusable reason on top of being ran over by a forklift by a employee who been there for years ..lef was partially broke still came to work in fear of losing my position and still lost it doing the rite thing
Pros
Fair pay !
Cons
No life ! You must commit your life to the company.no time for personal life
Not a good company
It seems good at first if you start in the summer and want hours. What they do not tell you is they cut you down to 20 to 25 a week during off times which is autumn and the winter months after the new year to about May. Stores also do not treat staff well and there is little to no followup on complaints. Expect them to have you work through injuries until you are no longer able.
Pros
Early mornings
Cons
Management, hours unreliable, no followup on complaints
Had to drive far not getting paid for mileage and had alot if work to do at multiple stores with no help at all stores I went to causing me to work harder than I thought it would be
Steady work, Plenty of overtime
Not a bad place to work if you have good work ethic. It can be pretty physically demanding on certain days where we work long hours so i would only recommend this job to those who can handle the constant bending over and lifting.
productivity based company
This Company is poorly run and only cares about productivity. Not Employees. I have nothing good to say about this Company. This facility is very cruel to the employee's
New owner in the business, didn’t understand the business
I worked at Coca-Cola for 35 years and was very successful in doing so, all of a sudden a new company comes in and let me go, clearly apparent to me that I was a high number on payroll that needed to be eliminated. Not a employee friendly company
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Great Lakes Coca-Cola. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4